Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Source Gear › iBasso DX100:24 bit for bit, PG 1> Reviews & Impressions, Downloads, VIDEO, NEW Firmware 1.4.2.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

iBasso DX100:24 bit for bit, PG 1> Reviews & Impressions, Downloads, VIDEO, NEW Firmware 1.4.2. - Page 443

post #6631 of 12716
Quote:
Originally Posted by analogue 3 View Post

Thanks! I've got those cans and have been waiting to hear how they synergise (or not) with the DX100. Good to know it's a promising match if I can ever afford the DX100. Provided the DX100 gets a couple of tweaks/mods which are a deal breaker at the moment smily_headphones1.gif Some official news about Jelly Bean or ICS would be good to hear.

Both the Pro 900 and the Pro 2900 are ruthlessly unforgiving of poor sources and noisy amplifiers and both truly shine with the DX100. The Pro 2900 with its forward mids are probably the hardest to please, but listening to Fink's album "Distance and Time" on them, fed by the DX100 today was pure bliss. The guitars, the drums and Fink's almost melancholic voice all had their clear place in the soundstage, while at the same time sounding as a whole, coherent entity.

Which "deal breakers" are holding you back at the moment? The DX100 is by far the poorest tablet or internet device I have ever tried, but I have never heard (or even heard of) a better one-box music player.
post #6632 of 12716

I've got my DX100 hooked up to my active speakers. Sounds pretty damn good. I always thought of them as average but they've scaled up quite well.

 

I'm not sure if this could be considered a bug but lately my Music application has been 'not responding' a lot lately. Kind of pissing me off. I don't use anything else on the DX100 so it's a pain in the arse. I'm considering backing up my music on it and doing a factory reset. Anyone else having this problem?

post #6633 of 12716
Quote:
Originally Posted by temporaryname View Post

I've got my DX100 hooked up to my active speakers. Sounds pretty damn good. I always thought of them as average but they've scaled up quite well.

 

I'm not sure if this could be considered a bug but lately my Music application has been 'not responding' a lot lately. Kind of pissing me off. I don't use anything else on the DX100 so it's a pain in the arse. I'm considering backing up my music on it and doing a factory reset. Anyone else having this problem?

 

Stop your current song before playing the next song............

post #6634 of 12716
Quote:
Originally Posted by temporaryname View Post

I've got my DX100 hooked up to my active speakers. Sounds pretty damn good. I always thought of them as average but they've scaled up quite well.

 

I'm not sure if this could be considered a bug but lately my Music application has been 'not responding' a lot lately. Kind of pissing me off. I don't use anything else on the DX100 so it's a pain in the arse. I'm considering backing up my music on it and doing a factory reset. Anyone else having this problem?

Mine is playing along better than ever after I did a full wipe and installed the latest (1.1.7) firmware. And I constantly skip songs (That's ADHD for ya... "I wanna listen to this one... no, this one! Ooh, squirrel!")

post #6635 of 12716

^ ;) the DX100's batteries worst nightmare lol.
 

post #6636 of 12716
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sorensiim View Post

Mine is playing along better than ever after I did a full wipe and installed the latest (1.1.7) firmware. And I constantly skip songs (That's ADHD for ya... "I wanna listen to this one... no, this one! Ooh, squirrel!")

I'm strongly considering that! It's in the article/FAQ. I really should've done a factory reset but I was too excited to start listening. I think I'll back up the music onto my computer, do a factory reset, install the latest firmware and then transfer music back over just to be safe. Can't be too safe.

Oh, anyway to check what my firmware is? I got one of the latest units, so I assume it's 1.1.7 but who really knows?

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by spkrs01 View Post

 

Stop your current song before playing the next song............

What happens is a song plays and then music stops, the seconds stop ticking away and yet it's still in 'Play' mode. Then after a few minutes I try pressing 'Pause/Play' and it crashes and I get a 'Application has stopped responding' message. I force closed it and restarted the Music application time after time but it's still the same problem. I had to turn the DX100 off and on in order to get it working again.


Edited by temporaryname - 7/2/12 at 10:23am
post #6637 of 12716
Quote:
Originally Posted by temporaryname View Post

 

 

Oh, anyway to check what my firmware is? I got one of the latest units, so I assume it's 1.1.7 but who really knows?

 

 

 

Home page > Settings > About this device > Build Number

post #6638 of 12716
Quote:
Originally Posted by Room40 View Post

 

Home page > Settings > About this device > Build Number

Cheers mate. :)

 

You coming to the Perth mini-meet?

 

EDIT: I'm 1.1.7


Edited by temporaryname - 7/2/12 at 2:53am
post #6639 of 12716
@Room40 & @temporaryname, since both of you have the DX100, I'll probably leave mine back in Tokyo since its a PITA to have to carry chargers. I hope one day all devices can get standardized to USB charging.
post #6640 of 12716
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnakChan View Post

@Room40 & @temporaryname, since both of you have the DX100, I'll probably leave mine back in Tokyo since its a PITA to have to carry chargers. I hope one day all devices can get standardized to USB charging.

Sounds like a good idea AnakChan

 

Temporayname see here 

 

Sorry for the derail

post #6641 of 12716
Quote:
Originally Posted by temporaryname View Post

I've got my DX100 hooked up to my active speakers. Sounds pretty damn good. I always thought of them as average but they've scaled up quite well.

I'm not sure if this could be considered a bug but lately my Music application has been 'not responding' a lot lately. Kind of pissing me off. I don't use anything else on the DX100 so it's a pain in the arse. I'm considering backing up my music on it and doing a factory reset. Anyone else having this problem?

This will also happen if there is a non-playable file or file with an error in it stored on either internal or external drive.
post #6642 of 12716

I've noticed that I seem to get the not responding error if I double touch a command.  If I press something and it takes a while to respond (and as we know it often takes a while to respond) I tend to think that it didn't register the touch and press again which generates the error.  Force close and all is fine and usually after a few seconds the DX100 will respond to my original touch.

post #6643 of 12716
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roffensian View Post

I've noticed that I seem to get the not responding error if I double touch a command.  If I press something and it takes a while to respond (and as we know it often takes a while to respond) I tend to think that it didn't register the touch and press again which generates the error.  Force close and all is fine and usually after a few seconds the DX100 will respond to my original touch.

 

...and often I'll just  select "Wait" instead of "Close" on that screen and everything seems to go forward A-OK.

post #6644 of 12716
Thread Starter 

I never did a factory reset, just updated to the latest firmware and I get no problems. I can skip to a different song or different album and no hesitations. I have WAV, Flac and apple lossless, no mp3. Battery life is around 8.5 hours. 

post #6645 of 12716
After waiting for 3 month I got my DX 100 by this evening , I got the latest firmware version 1.17
Compare to my friend DX 100 with old firmware , sound quality with the new firmware 1.17 is better.
Sound no more artificial , very good tonal balance .
My DX 100 out the box sound quality is very good , I must burn in some time , to have Better sound quality.

I have 24 bit wav file recording from my friend , for example Carol Kidd album

With DX 100 , 24 bit recording sound fantastic , more tonal balance and full body ,very good in detail and separation.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Portable Source Gear
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Source Gear › iBasso DX100:24 bit for bit, PG 1> Reviews & Impressions, Downloads, VIDEO, NEW Firmware 1.4.2.