Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Source Gear › iBasso DX100:24 bit for bit, PG 1> Reviews & Impressions, Downloads, VIDEO, NEW Firmware 1.4.2.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

iBasso DX100:24 bit for bit, PG 1> Reviews & Impressions, Downloads, VIDEO, NEW Firmware 1.4.2. - Page 442

post #6616 of 12661

Hi folks thanks for all the advice with my SD card problem, but I'm sending it back and ordering a replacement, so hopefully I can use one of the mentioned utilities to get the next one formated right!

 

For information Ibasso confirmed to me that compatibility with 3rd party music apps (inc poweramp) will be available again in the next update!

post #6617 of 12661

Just received an email with the DHL tracking number - it left Hong Kong on route to the UK last night....so I reckon I'll receive it by the middle of next week.

post #6618 of 12661
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnakChan View Post

I don't believe the Android OS on the DX100 is a stock standard OS since it can support hirez. Which means even if iBasso rolled out ICS, it'll have to be customized too. Since they haven't ironed out the bugs with the current OS-customized version I highly doubt they will with ICS.
Not to mention ICS is probably more demanding on h/w specs and with the current version it's slow enough as it is.

Hi,We are not working on this update at this moment.  We will make this update if we have time. SincerelyiBasso Audio2012/6/

Hi
Will the dx100 get the Ics android (ice cream sandwich) update?Thank you
Edited by turokrocks - 6/30/12 at 3:33am
post #6619 of 12661

Since I am still getting some sluggishness for the first few minutes of startup and on the all music tab (which is the one I would use the most) I'm thinking of disabling as many of the android services/applications as possible.  Which of the default running applications/services are safe to disable if music listening is the only thing to be done with the DX100?  I assume android marketplace would at least be one....

 

Also, I tried Wifi for the first time and it actually receives my home network all over my house.  The reception strength seems in line with other portable devices I've used.  I surfed on the DX100 for awhile....and can't for the life of me understand how people enjoy accessing the internet in this way...unless you're either desparate or have a device with a much bigger screen.   

post #6620 of 12661
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfen68 View Post

Since I am still getting some sluggishness for the first few minutes of startup and on the all music tab (which is the one I would use the most) I'm thinking of disabling as many of the android services/applications as possible.  Which of the default running applications/services are safe to disable if music listening is the only thing to be done with the DX100?  I assume android marketplace would at least be one....

 

Also, I tried Wifi for the first time and it actually receives my home network all over my house.  The reception strength seems in line with other portable devices I've used.  I surfed on the DX100 for awhile....and can't for the life of me understand how people enjoy accessing the internet in this way...unless you're either desparate or have a device with a much bigger screen.   

I disable everything except for the music app.

post #6621 of 12661
Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfen68 View PostI surfed on the DX100 for awhile....and can't for the life of me understand how people enjoy accessing the internet in this way...unless you're either desparate or have a device with a much bigger screen.   

 

I don't know either. I see A LOT of people doing a lot of their surfing (forums, social networking and email) using their smartphones and it doesn't really make sense to me either. However, it does seem to be increasing in popularity regardless.

post #6622 of 12661
Quote:
Originally Posted by analogue 3 View Post

 

I don't know either. I see A LOT of people doing a lot of their surfing (forums, social networking and email) using their smartphones and it doesn't really make sense to me either. However, it does seem to be increasing in popularity regardless.

 

 

 

I generally only do this when I'm either bored or anxious lol.

post #6623 of 12661

lol

 

@post 6625- true about the conventional (and ergonomic) setup


Edited by analogue 3 - 6/30/12 at 8:44am
post #6624 of 12661

It's an oxymoron lol. Relieving stress with stress ;) (stressing out over a small screen and straining your eyes doings so lol). Keyboard and mouse FTW!
 

post #6625 of 12661
Quote:
Originally Posted by turokrocks View Post


Hi,We are not working on this update at this moment.  We will make this update if we have time. SincerelyiBasso Audio2012/6/
Hi
Will the dx100 get the Ics android (ice cream sandwich) update?Thank you

 

Actually, reading reports of the new Android 4.1, I think Jelly Bean may may make more sense than ICS since apparently it's much faster (which is surprising). We should probably ask iBasso if they're writing for Jelly Bean instead (as a hint from their customers that we're seeking OS upgrades).

post #6626 of 12661

The 'Butter' thing in 4.1, AFAIK comes from taking advantage of the speedy hardware in Google's tablet (and the Galaxy Nexus) to brute force a nice 60fps. I don't see the DX100 being able to brute force much of anything lol.

post #6627 of 12661
Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfen68 View Post

Also, I tried Wifi for the first time and it actually receives my home network all over my house.  The reception strength seems in line with other portable devices I've used.  I surfed on the DX100 for awhile....and can't for the life of me understand how people enjoy accessing the internet in this way...unless you're either desperate or have a device with a much bigger screen.   

 

Really? I've been having some trouble getting Wifi in spots my iPhone gets it no problem. Even on my bed, which is like 1 wall and 10 feet from the router, I get 1 maybe two of the Wifi bars. My phone gets that outside and three floors down.

 

But I think my biggest beef with the Wifi is that it seems to cut out randomly even though it's connected. I'll be downloading a song in MOG and the download bar goes steadily while I'm watching it but if sleep the app for 10 mins and then turn it back on the progress hasn't changed. And I have background app data on as well as the never sleep wifi on.

 

And I would never surf with the DX100 considering how slow the browser is, but with my iPhone it's a lot easier and I do it almost as much as on the computer. There's a bit of a learning curve to rotating the screen to read and double click zooming, but once you get the hang of it it's not bad.

post #6628 of 12661

A local head-fier is trying out my HD650 while I borrowed his Ultrasone Pro 2900. I used to have the Pro 900 but I gotta get me a set of these Pro 2900! Very nice combo with the DX100! Forward sounding but never shrill and with that deeeep signature Ultrasone when called for and a nice soundstage to boot. 

post #6629 of 12661
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sorensiim View Post

A local head-fier is trying out my HD650 while I borrowed his Ultrasone Pro 2900. I used to have the Pro 900 but I gotta get me a set of these Pro 2900! Very nice combo with the DX100! Forward sounding but never shrill and with that deeeep signature Ultrasone when called for and a nice soundstage to boot. 

 

Thanks! I've got those cans and have been waiting to hear how they synergise (or not) with the DX100. Good to know it's a promising match if I can ever afford the DX100. Provided the DX100 gets a couple of tweaks/mods which are a deal breaker at the moment :) Some official news about Jelly Bean or ICS would be good to hear.

post #6630 of 12661
I am a raging Android fanboy, typing this from a Galaxy Nexus running Jelly Bean but I have to ask: Why do you want Ice Cream Sandwich or Jelly Bean on the DX100 when at the same time we complain about the background apps and services taking up precious memory and resources? Trust me, there's nothing in ICS or JB for a music player.

For smartphones and tablets however, JB is the best there is. Customizable throughout and much smoother than anything from the Cupertino fruit stand.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Portable Source Gear
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Source Gear › iBasso DX100:24 bit for bit, PG 1> Reviews & Impressions, Downloads, VIDEO, NEW Firmware 1.4.2.