Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Source Gear › iBasso DX100:24 bit for bit, PG 1> Reviews & Impressions, Downloads, VIDEO, NEW Firmware 1.4.2.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

iBasso DX100:24 bit for bit, PG 1> Reviews & Impressions, Downloads, VIDEO, NEW Firmware 1.4.2. - Page 310

post #4636 of 12744


I love the DX100 and I am hoping the 901/802 will be even better. If so I have to get it along with another earphone for the hell of it.
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mython View Post


HM901 is just around the corner...ph34r.gif



 

post #4637 of 12744


I did like the sound from the 801.
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mython View Post


HM901 is just around the corner...ph34r.gif



 

post #4638 of 12744

Now um....is mp3HD represented in the chart? Kinda curious
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by turokrocks View Post

From http://wiki.hydrogenaudio.org/index.php?title=Lossless_comparison:

@ Mython; I think I was mistaken as the chart claims!

 

Features FLAC WavPack TAK Monkey's OptimFROG ALAC WMA
Encoding speed fast very fast very fast fast slow average average
Decoding speed very fast very fast very fast average average fast average
Compression* 58.70% 58.0% 57.0% 55.50% 54.70% 58.50% 56.30%
Flexibility** very good very good very good very good very good bad bad
 
Error handling yes yes yes no yes   yes
Seeking yes yes yes yes yes yes yes
Tagging Vorbis tags ID3/APE APEv2 (exp.) ID3/APE ID3/APE iTunes ASF
Hardware support very good limited no limited no good limited
Software support very good good average good average average good
Hybrid/lossy no yes no no yes no no
ReplayGain yes yes yes no yes sort of no
RIFF chunks yes yes   yes yes   no
Streaming yes yes yes no yes yes yes
Pipe support yes yes yes yes yes yes yes
Open source yes yes no yes no yes (third-party) no
Multichannel yes yes no no no yes yes
High resolution yes yes yes yes yes yes yes
OS support All All Win/Linux Wine All Win/Mac/Linux All Win/Mac

(table continued below)

Features Shorten LA TTA LPAC MPEG-4 ALS MPEG-4 SLS Real Lossless
Encoding speed very fast slow very fast average average slow slow
Decoding speed very fast slow fast fast fast slow fast
Compression* 63.50% 53.50% 57.10% 57.20% 57.10%  ? 57.0%
Flexibility** bad average bad bad very good bad bad
 
Error handling no no yes no yes yes  
Seeking yes yes yes slow yes yes yes
Tagging no ID3v1 ID3 no yes yes proprietary
Hardware support limited no limited no no no no
Software support very good bad average average bad bad bad
Hybrid/lossy no no no no no yes no
ReplayGain no no yes no yes yes no
RIFF chunks yes yes no yes      
Streaming no   no no yes yes yes
Pipe support yes yes no       no
Open source yes no yes no yes yes no
Multichannel no no yes no yes yes no
High resolution no no yes yes yes yes no
OS support All Win/Linux All Win/Linux/Sol All All Win/Mac/Linux
 

 



 

post #4639 of 12744
Quote:
Originally Posted by bmiamihk View Post

Hope you can give your take on the DX100 and compare it to the 801 and C4. The C4 sounded ok but the volume control sucks and no EQ.
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by nc8000 View Post

The 801 is not plastic but metal, some aluminium alloy like material. I've had the 801 with the balanced amp module and still have the C4 and will get to audition 2 different dx100 next week. Of the 801 (balanced amp) and C4, the 801 is probably the better product but I personally prefer the C4 experience.


 


I actually very much like the C4 sliding volume control and EQ is of no interrest to me. I will admit that my love for the C4 to a great extend is based on the user experience but it's sound is also very good especially given that perhaps 80% of my listening is classical or accoustic jazz. I will happily concede that the dx100 is a much more versatile unit than C4 but the C4 gui and user experience matches exactly with how I use music
post #4640 of 12744
Quote:
Originally Posted by bmiamihk View Post



Well I have not run into any of those issues. My issue is creating a play list. I know how to add the tracks but I do not know how to play the tracks on my play list.

 



There is a menu item for playlists: tap the album icon on the basic player, then tap the icon at the top left on the advanced player. It looks like 3 lines, one above the other. The 3rd icon from the left is Playlists, where you can create, manage and play music contained in your playlists.
post #4641 of 12744



I will give this a try.  I am not sure if I already di it or not a while back but what ever I did I was not aware if I opened the playlist or not. Now I have a step by step way of acheiving it. No sign of a directions booklet for the Dx100 yet? The music does sounds good even though after each song I have to browse to get the following song I want. Also the MG6Pro sounds at home with this player.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HiFlight View Post


There is a menu item for playlists: tap the album icon on the basic player, then tap the icon at the top left on the advanced player. It looks like 3 lines, one above the other. The 3rd icon from the left is Playlists, where you can create, manage and play music contained in your playlists.


 

post #4642 of 12744



Yep covers of the great classic composers and old jazz usually will have no need for EQ. Volume control would not be an issues for me if my goal was laying the player on a table but in my case I am literally walking minimum 2 hrs a day and on a train for 30 to 60 mins ontop of the walking. So that volume control my rub forwards and back in my pocket. Also the C4 did not have enough power but yes it did sound nice.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nc8000 View Post


I actually very much like the C4 sliding volume control and EQ is of no interrest to me. I will admit that my love for the C4 to a great extend is based on the user experience but it's sound is also very good especially given that perhaps 80% of my listening is classical or accoustic jazz. I will happily concede that the dx100 is a much more versatile unit than C4 but the C4 gui and user experience matches exactly with how I use music


 

post #4643 of 12744

This is my style of the Classics, a Miami Classic.

post #4644 of 12744
Quote:
Originally Posted by bmiamihk View Post




I will give this a try.  I am not sure if I already di it or not a while back but what ever I did I was not aware if I opened the playlist or not. Now I have a step by step way of acheiving it. No sign of a directions booklet for the Dx100 yet? The music does sounds good even though after each song I have to browse to get the following song I want. Also the MG6Pro sounds at home with this player.



My best DX100 sound with IEM's is MG6Pro, with headphones is Thunderpants.
post #4645 of 12744


Why do they call a headphone thunder in pants?
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by HiFlight View Post


My best DX100 sound with IEM's is MG6Pro, with headphones is Thunderpants.


 

post #4646 of 12744


hear the bass on the MG6Pro with this song


 

Quote:
Originally Posted by HiFlight View Post


My best DX100 sound with IEM's is MG6Pro, with headphones is Thunderpants.


 

post #4647 of 12744
Quote:
Originally Posted by bmiamihk View Post



Yep covers of the great classic composers and old jazz usually will have no need for EQ. Volume control would not be an issues for me if my goal was laying the player on a table but in my case I am literally walking minimum 2 hrs a day and on a train for 30 to 60 mins ontop of the walking. So that volume control my rub forwards and back in my pocket. Also the C4 did not have enough power but yes it did sound nice.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nc8000 View Post


I actually very much like the C4 sliding volume control and EQ is of no interrest to me. I will admit that my love for the C4 to a great extend is based on the user experience but it's sound is also very good especially given that perhaps 80% of my listening is classical or accoustic jazz. I will happily concede that the dx100 is a much more versatile unit than C4 but the C4 gui and user experience matches exactly with how I use music


 


Yeah for that use the C4 is not suited. I use it in bed at the hotel and so on when I travel. It has plenty power to give my HE-500 both enough volume and control
post #4648 of 12744


Feels much better once understanding your purpose for a music player.
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by nc8000 View Post


Yeah for that use the C4 is not suited. I use it in bed at the hotel and so on when I travel. It has plenty power to give my HE-500 both enough volume and control


 

post #4649 of 12744
In my opinion none of these top end players can be universally recommended as be all and end all to everybody. You have to decide what you need and how you want to use it and then any of them could be just the right one for any given person.
post #4650 of 12744
I want it to simply play hires music gapless one album at a time from end to end with great sq on all my phones. C4 does this and nothing else and I just love the look and feel when using it. Only complaint is the 4-5 hour battery time
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Portable Source Gear
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Source Gear › iBasso DX100:24 bit for bit, PG 1> Reviews & Impressions, Downloads, VIDEO, NEW Firmware 1.4.2.