Is the battery Liion or LiPo?
Recent Images In This Thread
- productAudeze LCD2 Planar Magnetic Headphonestagged by System, 5/27/12
- brandAudiophile Productstagged by System, 2/10/12
- productiBasso DX100 Reference DAPtagged by System, 2/10/12
- productJDS Labs Assembled Objective2 Headphone Amplifiertagged by System, 5/27/12
- categoryPortable Source Componentstagged by System, 5/27/12
Related Forum Threads
- ++ FULL-SIZE HEADPHONE RECOMMENDATIONS THREAD++ CLOSED: Please post a thread in the... Last post on 6/6/13 at 4:16am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- [Comparison Review] Searching for accurate sounding closed cans under $100 (9 headphone models... Last post on 10/24/13 at 11:28pm in Headphones (full-size)
- first timer in need of guidance Last post on 4/3/13 at 1:33am in Headphones (full-size)
- Best dubstep headphones for $100? Last post on 3/16/13 at 6:19am in Headphones (full-size)
- Panasonic htf 600s vs Creative Aurvana Live Last post on 1/27/13 at 11:06pm in Headphones (full-size)
2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs)
Last edited: 2/5/14
- 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))Last edited: 12/20/13
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones...Last edited: 8/2/13
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs...Last edited: 7/26/13
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)Last edited: 8/19/13
iBasso DX100:24 bit for bit, PG 1> Reviews & Impressions, Downloads, VIDEO, NEW Firmware 1.4.2. - Page 100post #1486 of 124653/3/12 at 7:15pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #1487 of 124653/3/12 at 8:27pmpost #1488 of 124653/3/12 at 8:28pmpost #1489 of 124653/3/12 at 8:33pm
Everything seems to be tightly packed together, wonder if that GameGuy fellow on Mobile01 (a Taiwan forum) will actually be able to mod this. He always claimed he will be first person in the world to mod the DX100...post #1490 of 124653/3/12 at 8:44pmQuote:
I bet he will. lol
He even predict(claim?) he will be the first man to mod it on earth.post #1491 of 124653/3/12 at 9:38pm
What type of modding we taling about? I'd be down for some longer battery life when I get mine
Quote:post #1492 of 124653/3/12 at 11:22pmpost #1493 of 124653/3/12 at 11:48pmpost #1494 of 124653/4/12 at 2:04amQuote:Originally Posted by scootermafia
Ok, I've done this so nobody else has to. Don't try this at home. I put a few scratches on my DX100 doing it, although it had a few to begin with. Aluminum and magnesium cases may seem "tough" but in actuality they scratch and gouge just about as readily as anything else.
To take apart the DX100 you pop off the 4 T5 torx screws, 2 on the front end and 2 on the back end. Then you have to insert something between the top case and bottom case (do NOT use a metal screwdriver, hint hint) and twist to start the case opening. It's not as hard to open as an iPod, it doesn't have those super-grippy tabs, but it doesn't exactly come apart readily. I really wish iBasso had given it a case that just easily pops open, but they didn't (hint, hint). Once you make a lap around the case with your opening tool nudging it open gradually, the back will pop off. It's a rather hefty piece and has the battery attached to it. The battery will be a pretty easy replacement as it just plugs in with a little molex connector into the board, although opening the DX100 without scratching it badly will prove a challenge for most, if not all.
Inside there's a couple boards stacked on top of each other. There are a lot of sideways capacitors lurking in there, they appear to be the black & gold Panasonic variety. There is a wifi antenna stuck to the back of the board. I'm not going to open it any more than this since I really don't know what the next step is, there isn't an obvious method of detaching the main board from the board below that. There's also an emi shield covering the back which I'm guessing would void my warranty even more if I messed with it. iBasso are my bros, so they better honor my warranty or at least give me a good deal on my repair if the DX100 goes south and they can tell I've cracked it open.And a post-script: This does take away some of the DX100 mystique. I've been wondering for weeks why it sounds so good. Inside it's just silicon, caps, opamps, and the usual...it's the design that matters. Whatever iBasso did, they made some really good choices, but it's not magic. Hopefully they can use the DX100 as a starting point to make their future products even better than their already solid lineup.
Which opamp they use? Can you see?post #1495 of 124653/4/12 at 5:04ampost #1496 of 124653/4/12 at 5:06am
I don't think opening it voids your warranty seeing as they intend for you to replace the battery yourself. That, and as I said, iBasso owes me one for buying their entire product line.post #1497 of 124653/4/12 at 5:28ampost #1498 of 124653/4/12 at 11:43amThread StarterQuote:
I heard from iBasso that anyone opening and taking images would be permanently banned from their products.
Listening to Duke Ellington's "Blues in Orbit". I am lucky to have a CD of this performance.
kidding on first sentence.
Edited by jamato8 - 3/4/12 at 1:43pmpost #1499 of 124653/4/12 at 1:30pm
Found another review of the iBasso DX100 and wanted to share with you guys.
Can't wait for mine to arrive.Will it sound good with my W4?post #1500 of 124653/4/12 at 4:58pm
I hope you're right about this. Strangely I'm getting a little desperate to pay off for the rest of what's owed since the yen is weakening quickly these past week.
- iBasso DX100:24 bit for bit, PG 1> Reviews & Impressions, Downloads, VIDEO, NEW Firmware 1.4.2.
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))
- › Sennheiser HD 201 voice cracks at moderate volume while listening... 11 seconds ago
- › Testing audiophile claims and myths 16 seconds ago
- › Crack;Bottlehead OTL 1 minute ago
- › Comparisons: 13 of the Top Closed/Portable Headphones Around 1 minute ago
- › Sansa Clip+ or the Sansa Clip Zip? 1 minute ago
- › MrSpeakers Alpha Dog Revealed! - The World's First Production... 2 minutes ago
- › Shure SE846 Appreciation Thread 2 minutes ago
- › The "IEMs That Significantly Perform BELOW Their Price Point" Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Geek Pulse: Geek desktop DAC/AMP by Light Harmonics 3 minutes ago
- › Audio-Gd Master 7 - Discrete Fully Balanced DAC (PCM1704) 4 minutes ago
- › Edifier USA Spinnaker Media Speaker System (Black) by project86
- › Aftershokz Sportz M2 AS320 Open Ear Sports Headphones by sensible
- › Denon AH-D7100 Music Maniac by sjp3003
- › JVC Kenwood Victer stereo headphones HA-SZ2000 japan import by Hawaiibadboy
- › PSB M4U 1 by yay101
- › SONY Stereo headphones black MDR-1RMK2/B by Nec3
- › Audio-Technica ATH-M50S by turbomustang84
- › Superlux HD669 by mang0
- › IFI Gemini usb cable by turo91
- › Sony Over-Ear Headphones - MDR-10R by a_recording
- › The Best BASS Headphones ( a Head-Fi Wiki) by Hawaiibadboy
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by joe
- › Adjusting bias on Stax tube amplifiers by ardilla
- › Headphone Power Calculator Spreadsheet by robrob
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Introduction) by jude