Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Source Gear › iBasso DX100:24 bit for bit, PG 1> Reviews & Impressions, Downloads, VIDEO, NEW Firmware 1.4.2.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

iBasso DX100:24 bit for bit, PG 1> Reviews & Impressions, Downloads, VIDEO, NEW Firmware 1.4.2. - Page 847

post #12691 of 12870
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shakenbake158 View Post

What would you guys say about the DX90 compared to the DX100?

DX100 and R10 are still a lot better. They have wider sound stage and better sound quality.

By the way, get an R10 instead of DX100. R10 has improved battery life and better sound quality compared to DX100.

It's cheaper as well. 

post #12692 of 12870
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shakenbake158 View Post

Hmm wow 30%? That's crazy.
The main advantage of the DX100 over the other DAPs is the size of the amp, correct?

That and it uses the mighty sabre es9018 dac chip, which sounds amazing.
Edited by Turrican2 - 8/5/14 at 11:39pm
post #12693 of 12870
Quote:
Originally Posted by kawaivpc1 View Post
 

DX100 and R10 are still a lot better. They have wider sound stage and better sound quality.

By the way, get an R10 instead of DX100. R10 has improved battery life and better sound quality compared to DX100.

It's cheaper as well. 


Either you have a really good deal on R10 or your DX100 is heavily over priced~~~

For all the market places I can find, R10 is at least $100 more than the DX100 because they are made in Japan and suppose to have "premium" Japanese caps.

post #12694 of 12870
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlanHell View Post
 


Either you have a really good deal on R10 or your DX100 is heavily over priced~~~

For all the market places I can find, R10 is at least $100 more than the DX100 because they are made in Japan and suppose to have "premium" Japanese caps.

Nope.... 

R10 is 650 dollars on amazon.com

 

Dx100 is 800 dollars on ebay.com

Yet, R10 is better than DX100. 

 

check it out by yourself.   

post #12695 of 12870
Quote:
Originally Posted by kawaivpc1 View Post
 

Nope.... 

R10 is 650 dollars on amazon.com

 

Dx100 is 800 dollars on ebay.com

Yet, R10 is better than DX100. 

 

check it out by yourself.   

 

I will have to disagree on that.

I have a DX100 and had the chance to listen to R10.

Personally, after listening to both, DX100 still sounds better to me.

post #12696 of 12870
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe-Siow View Post
 

 

I will have to disagree on that.

I have a DX100 and had the chance to listen to R10.

Personally, after listening to both, DX100 still sounds better to me.

First post of R10 thread:

 

IBasso release HDP R 10 Japan Version is identical with IBasso DX 100 international Version

 

with better :

 

Baterry improvement 4800 mAh over IBasso DX 100 2000 mAh

 

use Op Amp 627 and Buffer BUF634

 

Support more music format : DSD / DSF 

post #12697 of 12870
Thread Starter 

I have read of others ultimately preferring the DX100. Horses for courses. Great to have so many excellent choices. 

post #12698 of 12870
Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverEars View Post
 

First post of R10 thread:

 

IBasso release HDP R 10 Japan Version is identical with IBasso DX 100 international Version

 

with better :

 

Baterry improvement 4800 mAh over IBasso DX 100 2000 mAh

 

use Op Amp 627 and Buffer BUF634

 

Support more music format : DSD / DSF 

 

The R10 has better life coz it's not as powerful as DX100.

 

The R10 uses OPA0627 opamp, hence it sounds warmer, slower and thicker to me, albeit slightly.

 

The R10 DOES NOT play DSD/ DSF natively iirc. It converts the DSD/ DSF files to PCM.

 

My question to you is this: HAVE YOU HEARD BOTH DAPS?

post #12699 of 12870
I'd imagine it's a matter of preference... there is no "better". perhaps describing the sound signature of both would be a better idea.
post #12700 of 12870

Yo yo, did you manage to install xposed to ur Dx100?

 

No problems there?

 

Did you try to fix bluetooth with it?

post #12701 of 12870
Is there anyone that have experience with wimp HI-Fi on DX100. Does it still work?
post #12702 of 12870
Hi guys, just got my new-to-me DX100. I'm currently enjoying it right now as I type this with my HE560!

Couple of questions for you seasoned DX100 owners. I have a rooted unit with Android 2.3.1, I see an icon that shows gingerbreak but not sure if that matters (I'm a newbie and don't know much on rooting). It also has the latest firmware 1.4.2. I would like to install Spotify as I do a lot of auditioning and listening through it but my unit doesn't have Google Play.

- Do I need Google play to install Spotify? If so how do I load it back on?
- Is there another way to get Spotify loaded on?


edit: Found out I could sideload via apk files. And you can get the latest from m.Spotify.com

Now just gotta figure how to install it... getting close to my Spotify Premium!
Edited by Soundsgoodtome - 8/22/14 at 9:21pm
post #12703 of 12870
I got another DX100 for one for my good friend, thank you head-fi smily_headphones1.gif
Edited by highwind2008 - 8/25/14 at 9:53am
post #12704 of 12870

I havent visited this thread since i brought the DX100 back in early 2012 but was wondering does the DX100 support 128GB micro SD cards since they came out this year? And is it possible to replace the battery on the DX100 with a new one?

post #12705 of 12870
Not sure on 128GB but people were getting joy from a sd to Microsd adapter, I would assume tge microsd works fine.

Yes on battery swap, you'll need to undo the torx screws and pull off a board or so I'm told.
Quote:
Originally Posted by blackmamba View Post

I havent visited this thread since i brought the DX100 back in early 2012 but was wondering does the DX100 support 128GB micro SD cards since they came out this year? And is it possible to replace the battery on the DX100 with a new one?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Portable Source Gear
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Source Gear › iBasso DX100:24 bit for bit, PG 1> Reviews & Impressions, Downloads, VIDEO, NEW Firmware 1.4.2.