Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Source Gear › iBasso DX100:24 bit for bit, PG 1> Reviews & Impressions, Downloads, VIDEO, NEW Firmware 1.4.2.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

iBasso DX100:24 bit for bit, PG 1> Reviews & Impressions, Downloads, VIDEO, NEW Firmware 1.4.2. - Page 844

post #12646 of 12716

I've owned dx100 for 4 months, and still like it very much. But recently market has a lot of newer daps, like dx90, x5, rwak100 120, calyx...Does dx100 still have its position? Do anyone have experience/comparison with other daps?

 

Just curious...

post #12647 of 12716

I still use my DX100 when I want a single DAP to use with my HD800.  The DX100 has enough power to push these cans properly.

post #12648 of 12716
Quote:
Originally Posted by drake1612 View Post
 

I've owned dx100 for 4 months, and still like it very much. But recently market has a lot of newer daps, like dx90, x5, rwak100 120, calyx...Does dx100 still have its position? Do anyone have experience/comparison with other daps?

 

Just curious...

 

If you're happy with the DX100, I would just stick with that rather than buy the others.  I still think it beats them all in SQ (haven't heard the X5 though).  I really don't think you'll do much better with any of the others. The others definitely have their own advantages with longer battery life (at least compared to the 4.5-5 hours I'm getting from my DX100), more compact size, etc.  But for SQ alone, for me the DX100 remains at the top.

post #12649 of 12716

Sorry but here's my simple and dumb question: I'm reading that it has 64GB on board memory and up to 32 GB sd card, but am wondering if that is the actual upper limit for today? I thought, that surely some firmware upgrade could enable it to support larger sd card... 96 GB is just a bit smaller than ideal for me. 

post #12650 of 12716
Quote:
Originally Posted by marshallmole View Post
 

Sorry but here's my simple and dumb question: I'm reading that it has 64GB on board memory and up to 32 GB sd card, but am wondering if that is the actual upper limit for today? I thought, that surely some firmware upgrade could enable it to support larger sd card... 96 GB is just a bit smaller than ideal for me. 

I think that 32 Gb is the supposed limit for FAT32-formatted mSD cards (which is what the DX100 wants, does not do ExFat), larger cards should be theoretically formatted in ExFat… I've used 64 GB mSD formatted in FAT32 in a DX100 with no problems, as well as a FAT32-formatted 128GB SD card (connected with a mSD to SD adapter), so the 96GB is NOT really a limit.

 

The only problem, IMHO, is that initial scan on the DX100 is quite slow (subsequent start up is a lot better, usually), so the greater the storage, the longer the initial wait ;) 

post #12651 of 12716
Quote:
Originally Posted by geagle View Post
 

I think that 32 Gb is the supposed limit for FAT32-formatted mSD cards (which is what the DX100 wants, does not do ExFat), larger cards should be theoretically formatted in ExFat… I've used 64 GB mSD formatted in FAT32 in a DX100 with no problems, as well as a FAT32-formatted 128GB SD card (connected with a mSD to SD adapter), so the 96GB is NOT really a limit.

 

The only problem, IMHO, is that initial scan on the DX100 is quite slow (subsequent start up is a lot better, usually), so the greater the storage, the longer the initial wait ;) 

Thank you! So the only way to make it accept 128GB is using a SD to mSD adapter in FAT32? That's kind of funny, but I guess I can live with that and the initial loading time. 

post #12652 of 12716
Quote:
Originally Posted by marshallmole View Post
 

Thank you! So the only way to make it accept 128GB is using a SD to mSD adapter in FAT32? That's kind of funny, but I guess I can live with that and the initial loading time. 

No, not really. Buy a 128GB SDXC micro SD card and format it into FAT32 with a software. It works fine for me.

Also, you can try to use a FAT32 formatted 256GB SDXC SD card with a SD to micro SD adapter.

They all work well for me.

post #12653 of 12716
Quote:
Originally Posted by marshallmole View Post
 

Thank you! So the only way to make it accept 128GB is using a SD to mSD adapter in FAT32? That's kind of funny, but I guess I can live with that and the initial loading time. 

 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by kawaivpc1 View Post
 

No, not really. Buy a 128GB SDXC micro SD card and format it into FAT32 with a software. It works fine for me.

Also, you can try to use a FAT32 formatted 256GB SDXC SD card with a SD to micro SD adapter.

They all work well for me.

Exactly, I only commented on my own direct experience, but I was pretty sure that a mSD 128 GB card should have worked quite well (don't see much difference if compared with a 128 GB SD card, apart from the obvious difference in size ;))… And nice to know that somebody tried the 256GB SD card with an adapter and it works:beerchug:

post #12654 of 12716
Quote:
Originally Posted by kawaivpc1 View Post
 

No, not really. Buy a 128GB SDXC micro SD card and format it into FAT32 with a software. It works fine for me.

Also, you can try to use a FAT32 formatted 256GB SDXC SD card with a SD to micro SD adapter.

They all work well for me.

Thanks. I'm still deciding to buy it, but will probably do so in some time, now that memory size limit is quite raised. I assume you are using the latest firmware and so on? 

post #12655 of 12716

I'm using R10.. not DX100 but it will for sure. My SD card is from PNY company. Look this company up. They sell 256GB SDXC card for 100 bucks and it truly works well.

You need to format that SDXC card into FAT32. Otherwise, DX100 will not recognize it.

Also, buy a silicone case from iBasso Audio to cover the SD to micro SD adapter and card. The silicone case covers them up so perfectly so you can bring them all together without hassles.

post #12656 of 12716
Quote:
Originally Posted by kawaivpc1 View Post
 

I'm using R10.. not DX100 but it will for sure. My SD card is from PNY company. Look this company up. They sell 256GB SDXC card for 100 bucks and it truly works well.

You need to format that SDXC card into FAT32. Otherwise, DX100 will not recognize it.

Also, buy a silicone case from iBasso Audio to cover the SD to micro SD adapter and card. The silicone case covers them up so perfectly so you can bring them all together without hassles.

Thank you! Another wonderful tip. The silicone case is indeed a good idea. 

post #12657 of 12716
Quote:

Originally Posted by wkrajewski View Post

......it seems that iBasso finally agreed to provide DX100 API to the developer of GMMP after signing a non-disclosure agreement/ 

the GMMP author, ......:bigsmile_face:

another update

 

not as good news

As, I wrote before, iBasso agreed to to provide Kyle (GMMP developer) the DX100 API after he will sign the Non-Disclosure Agreement. However, they still did not sent Kyle the NDA draft and it seems that they ignore the reminding messages  from  Kyle.

 

Probably, it could help if all the interested people here will write to iBasso (service@ibasso.com) asking them to accelerate the preparation of NDA and transfer of the API  code to Kyle. I am not sure if if this will really help, but I am pretty sure that if we will do nothing we will never see this nice player ported to DX100. But it could work! (at least, after some emailing, we with Kyle managed to get from iBasso a principle agreement to provide the APOI). It could be helpful, if in the message to iBasso you will mention that you are an owner of DX100 and you are the member of Head-Fi forum (Head-Fi is a very respectable forum and I guess iBasso will prefer to avoid acquiring not good reputation here).

 

thanking you in advance (and apologizing for my English)


Edited by wkrajewski - 7/3/14 at 8:41pm
post #12658 of 12716

I wonder if they will also provide firmware source of R10??

I'm a owner of R10.... do you think they will?

post #12659 of 12716
Quote:
Originally Posted by kawaivpc1 View Post
 

I wonder if they will also provide firmware source of R10??

I'm a owner of R10.... do you think they will?

 

1. I don't think they will

2. they do not provide anything to end users but only to software developers after signing NDA

3. as I know, R10 can be flashed with no problems witrh DX100 firmware using the DX100 ROM flashing tool.

(http://player.ru/showthread.php?t=106177)

Although I did NOT tried this myself

post #12660 of 12716
Quote:
Originally Posted by wkrajewski View Post
 

 

1. I don't think they will

2. they do not provide anything to end users but only to software developers after signing NDA

3. as I know, R10 can be flashed with no problems witrh DX100 firmware using the DX100 ROM flashing tool.

(http://player.ru/showthread.php?t=106177)

Although I did NOT tried this myself


cool. I never knew if R10 can use DX100 firmware. I just remember some people saying on the forum that R10 can't boot with DX100 firmware.

Why don't you guys send some e-mails to iBasso Audio people? 

service@ibasso.com

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Portable Source Gear
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Source Gear › iBasso DX100:24 bit for bit, PG 1> Reviews & Impressions, Downloads, VIDEO, NEW Firmware 1.4.2.