Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Source Gear › iBasso DX100:24 bit for bit, PG 1> Reviews & Impressions, Downloads, VIDEO, NEW Firmware 1.4.2.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

iBasso DX100:24 bit for bit, PG 1> Reviews & Impressions, Downloads, VIDEO, NEW Firmware 1.4.2. - Page 830

post #12436 of 12745
Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfen68 View Post
 

All of a sudden my DX100 wasn't playing nice with Windows 8.1 last night.  Would plug it in and hear the usb connect chime but the device would not show in explorer.  It would show as mounted via the little task bar icon but would not allow me to dismount.  I ended up just dismounting by turning usb connect off via Android to unplug it. 

 

After three attempts it finally worked and I did my file transfer.  I haven't changed anything and all other USB devices are working fine. Anyone else had any Windows 8 issues? 

 

 

I realise it's a cheesy answer, but I still have to ask you: Did you try rebooting your PC?  Windows does exhibit some weird and exasperating behaviours sometimes, that a reboot can clear...

post #12437 of 12745
Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfen68 View Post
 

All of a sudden my DX100 wasn't playing nice with Windows 8.1 last night.  Would plug it in and hear the usb connect chime but the device would not show in explorer.  It would show as mounted via the little task bar icon but would not allow me to dismount.  I ended up just dismounting by turning usb connect off via Android to unplug it. 

 

After three attempts it finally worked and I did my file transfer.  I haven't changed anything and all other USB devices are working fine. Anyone else had any Windows 8 issues? 

Sounds like windows 8 has to go to me :tongue:

 

Jk

 

Anyways our computers at school have this problem with USBs using windows 7. I just rip out my USB then. I do not think any real issues will arise as long as the memory source is not being read or is writing anything. Mine will tell me my DX100 is still in use after I just closed a program using a file or something, and wont let me eject. I generally shut it off from android like you did then.

post #12438 of 12745

I've had a lot of problems with windows 8, but thankfully none related to the DX100. As gamefreak said, it is allright to disconnect the usb as long as the memory isn't being written

post #12439 of 12745

Thanks all.  Yeah, rebooting seems to help...but it still reoccurs.  I hadn't had that problem with Windows 7. 

 

I wonder if an update has changed something...'cause Windows 8.1 had been OK up to now (I went to it kicking and screaming but I have finally accepted it after configuring it as much as possible so I never have to see tiles or charms.) 

post #12440 of 12745
Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfen68 View Post
 

Thanks all.  Yeah, rebooting seems to help...but it still reoccurs.  I hadn't had that problem with Windows 7. 

 

I wonder if an update has changed something...'cause Windows 8.1 had been OK up to now (I went to it kicking and screaming but I have finally accepted it after configuring it as much as possible so I never have to see tiles or charms.) 

 

I run Win 7 and I forcibly deleted the Windows update components. That can cause problems sometimes, but mostly it's a price worth paying. I got so damned p1$$3d off with Windows forever updating itself without my permission, and then taking UP TO AN HOUR to complete the updates during booting, that I just had enough of it. Micro$oft really are a-holes when it comes to treating customers' computers like they own them.

 

Best Win version, for me, was Win 2000. It worked pretty well and didn't have any 'we'll do whatever the hell we like with your computer' B$ that began with XP onwards.

 

I'd use Linux, but have far too much Windows-based software to justify that.

 

Mac is 'OK', and I did use a G4 Powerbook for a number of years, but it's by no means the perfect paradise OS the Apple fanboys claim it to be.

 

Good luck with your current situation; I hope it doesn't prove too troublesome :beerchug:

post #12441 of 12745
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mython View Post
 

 

I run Win 7 and I forcibly deleted the Windows update components. That can cause problems sometimes, but mostly it's a price worth paying. I got so damned p1$$3d off with Windows forever updating itself without my permission, and then taking UP TO AN HOUR to complete the updates during booting, that I just had enough of it. Micro$oft really are a-holes when it comes to treating customers' computers like they own them.

 

 

I would recommend turning off automatic updates...then you can update manually when you want and only which updates you're interested in.

 

I'll be moving some files tonight to the DX100...I'll have to see if everyone behaves this time around.

post #12442 of 12745
Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfen68 View Post
 

I would recommend turning off automatic updates...then you can update manually when you want and only which updates you're interested in.

 

I'll be moving some files tonight to the DX100...I'll have to see if everyone behaves this time around.


 Yes, you'd think so, wouldn't you?

 

But unfortunately, M$ don't give a damn what you opt out of. Win 7 still updates itself even with automatic updates user-configured as 'off'.

post #12443 of 12745
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mython View Post
 


 Yes, you'd think so, wouldn't you?

 

But unfortunately, M$ don't give a damn what you opt out of. Win 7 still updates itself even with automatic updates user-configured as 'off'.


Really? I swear my W7 does not update until I do. I tend to fall behind on the updates as well lol...

post #12444 of 12745

Hey guys, been awhile since I've posted here...my DX100 has been flawless...

 

But lately I can't get the thing to shut down properly. When I do a shutdown, the lightning bolt shows up on screen as if it's plugged in...and it's not!

 

I'm lost here. I'm thinking maybe a complete wipe but to be honest...whether it's cause work has my brain fried or not...I can't remember how to fully wipe the unit...total reset.

 

Could one of you guys give me some directions for this?

 

Thanks!

 

Steve from NYC

post #12445 of 12745

Talk with Sorensiim. He's the android expert.

post #12446 of 12745
On the hdp-r10 I believe the factory reset is under security in settings. I imagine the dx would be the same.
post #12447 of 12745
Quote:
Originally Posted by Poimandres View Post

On the hdp-r10 I believe the factory reset is under security in settings. I imagine the dx would be the same.

 

http://www.head-fi.org/t/592076/ibasso-dx100-24-bit-for-bit-pg-1-reviews-impressions-downloads-video-new-firmware-1-4-2/12345#post_10142236

post #12448 of 12745
Maybe I have misconceptions about the reset button, as I thought that would be used to reset the device if it locked up and not necessarily wipe the device. Further down on that page someone else explains the other method to do a factory wipe by holding the power and volume down I believe on a startup. If you can get into the dx as I mentioned earlier (provided it is the same as the r10) goto settings and then security and you can select the factory reset option which will wipe the device.
post #12449 of 12745
Quote:
Originally Posted by icefalkon View Post
 

Hey guys, been awhile since I've posted here...my DX100 has been flawless...

 

But lately I can't get the thing to shut down properly. When I do a shutdown, the lightning bolt shows up on screen as if it's plugged in...and it's not!

 

I'm lost here. I'm thinking maybe a complete wipe but to be honest...whether it's cause work has my brain fried or not...I can't remember how to fully wipe the unit...total reset.

 

Could one of you guys give me some directions for this?

 

Thanks!

 

Steve from NYC

 

I've used this procedure in the past to reset my DX100 - even though I personally haven't used this procedure recently, another Head-Fier used it recently with success:

 

1) Press the little reset button to turn it fully off.
 
2) Hold down the Power button as well as the Volume Up button
 
3) You'll be greeted by a little green Android and a warning sign, release the buttons
 
4) Now press the Power button and the Volume Up button again
 
5) You'll now enter the Recovery menu, blue text on a black background
 
6) Using the volume keys, navigate to "Wipe data/Factory Reset", press Power to select. This will not wipe your music files.

 

Hopefully it'll work for you.

post #12450 of 12745
Quote:
Originally Posted by frankrondaniel View Post
 

 

I've used this procedure in the past to reset my DX100 - even though I personally haven't used this procedure recently, another Head-Fier used it recently with success:

 

1) Press the little reset button to turn it fully off.
 
2) Hold down the Power button as well as the Volume Up button
 
3) You'll be greeted by a little green Android and a warning sign, release the buttons
 
4) Now press the Power button and the Volume Up button again
 
5) You'll now enter the Recovery menu, blue text on a black background
 
6) Using the volume keys, navigate to "Wipe data/Factory Reset", press Power to select. This will not wipe your music files.

 

Hopefully it'll work for you.

This is what I was looking for! 

 

Ok tomorrow is D Day...so to speak...I try this entire wipe thing...wish me luck lol

 

Steve from NYC

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Portable Source Gear
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Source Gear › iBasso DX100:24 bit for bit, PG 1> Reviews & Impressions, Downloads, VIDEO, NEW Firmware 1.4.2.