Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Source Gear › iBasso DX100:24 bit for bit, PG 1> Reviews & Impressions, Downloads, VIDEO, NEW Firmware 1.4.2.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

iBasso DX100:24 bit for bit, PG 1> Reviews & Impressions, Downloads, VIDEO, NEW Firmware 1.4.2. - Page 828

post #12406 of 12674
Quote:
Originally Posted by dc-k View Post
 

If you can bear it, redo the firmware...

 

Thanks!

 

Just reinstalled the firmware,  all is fine at the moment.  Hopefully it'll stay this way for a while.

post #12407 of 12674
Quote:
Originally Posted by xnuthecaveman View Post

Just Googled this

http://mobilespot4.blogspot.com/2013/05/how-to-disable-media-scanning-at-boot.html



Will give it a try:)

 



apparently, the app [Rescan Media Root] works, it disables the media scanning during boot up and allows manual trigger of scanning smily_headphones1.gif

haven't tried to add new music yet. but this saves me 10 secs of boot time with fw 1.2.7
post #12408 of 12674

i didn't know that the backcase of ibasso DX100 can be so prone to pressure..
but it's my fault for sure, placing it in the same pocket as my keys.. now it has some dent..
gotta send it back to china now :( 


TIL don't put your dap in the same pocket with everything, learned this the hard way :(

post #12409 of 12674
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dymloslouire View Post
 

i didn't know that the backcase of ibasso DX100 can be so prone to pressure..
but it's my fault for sure, placing it in the same pocket as my keys.. now it has some dent..
gotta send it back to china now :( 


TIL don't put your dap in the same pocket with everything, learned this the hard way :(

 

 

You should be able to just order a spare back panel and fit it yourself (ask iBasso for instructions for how to do it)

post #12410 of 12674

well, i know i can and i should, but ibasso tell me that i should sent it to them so they can do a complete check about my DX100, maybe they'll fix all of the problems then, so i think i'll just send it to them.
 

post #12411 of 12674
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dymloslouire View Post
 

well, i know i can and i should, but ibasso tell me that i should sent it to them so they can do a complete check about my DX100, maybe they'll fix all of the problems then, so i think i'll just send it to them.
 

 

 

Well, I suggest you at least wait until the end of Chinese New Year or it may get held-up in the postal backlog.

post #12412 of 12674
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mython View Post

 

 

Well, I suggest you at least wait until the end of Chinese New Year or it may get held-up in the postal backlog.

 



that's a good idea, thanks a bunch for the info!
post #12413 of 12674
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dymloslouire View Post

well, i know i can and i should, but ibasso tell me that i should sent it to them so they can do a complete check about my DX100, maybe they'll fix all of the problems then, so i think i'll just send it to them.

 

According to my friend who orders for me, I think ibasso is concern that a small item like the back case / battery might get lost during postage. They suggest to send my unit too but I opted not to. smily_headphones1.gif

Currently, I ask my friend to order for me, a battery and a back case. Hopefully, it would not get lost.
post #12414 of 12674

The other thing to consider is that if you ship the DAP back to them, then you may get charged import duty when it returns to you, if customs think it is a brand new DAP.

post #12415 of 12674

don't worry, my custom is pretty much lazy here :D 
thanks for all the concern, though :D

post #12416 of 12674
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dymloslouire View Post
 

i didn't know that the backcase of ibasso DX100 can be so prone to pressure..
but it's my fault for sure, placing it in the same pocket as my keys.. now it has some dent..
gotta send it back to china now :( 


TIL don't put your dap in the same pocket with everything, learned this the hard way :(

I wouldn't worry about. Mine has some dents in the back - one looks like I've smacked it against the side of a table....still going strong :D

post #12417 of 12674

On the whole customs issue. I have probably bought around 20-30 items from china and I only think one small package has been lost so far. As long as everything is labeled correctly, I think customs is a very minor issue.

 

Anyways, I hardly carry my dx100 around without a case. After a relative dropped it and wrecked the charging port, I just do not take the risk any more. Generally a 3DS or regular DS (non XL models) case works very well, especially the 3DS executive case which mimics a nice leather case. However it is not very pocketable with a case on it. I did find a nifty 3ds case with a clip on it that I probably am going to switch to.

post #12418 of 12674
Quote:
Originally Posted by kryten123 View Post
 

I wouldn't worry about. Mine has some dents in the back - one looks like I've smacked it against the side of a table....still going strong :D

mine's been dropped few times, it won't win any beauty contests but it's still playing well enough...

post #12419 of 12674
Thread Starter 

Mine has gone all over the world. All scuffed up, dinged from dropping and solid as a rock. Very, very well built. 

post #12420 of 12674
Quote:
Originally Posted by jamato8 View Post
 

Mine has gone all over the world. All scuffed up, dinged from dropping and solid as a rock. Very, very well built. 

it does have a reassuring brick like quality to it...looking at mine now and it certainly has a charm...

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Portable Source Gear
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Source Gear › iBasso DX100:24 bit for bit, PG 1> Reviews & Impressions, Downloads, VIDEO, NEW Firmware 1.4.2.