Recent Images In This Thread
- productAudeze LCD2 Planar Magnetic Headphonestagged by System, 5/27/12
- brandAudiophile Productstagged by System, 2/10/12
- productiBasso DX100 Reference DAPtagged by System, 2/10/12
- productJDS Labs Assembled Objective2 Headphone Amplifiertagged by System, 5/27/12
- categoryPortable Source Componentstagged by System, 5/27/12
Related Forum Threads
- ++ FULL-SIZE HEADPHONE RECOMMENDATIONS THREAD++ CLOSED: Please post a thread in the... Last post on 6/6/13 at 4:16am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- [Comparison Review] Searching for accurate sounding closed cans under $100 (9 headphone models... Last post on 10/24/13 at 11:28pm in Headphones (full-size)
- first timer in need of guidance Last post on 4/3/13 at 1:33am in Headphones (full-size)
- Best dubstep headphones for $100? Last post on 3/16/13 at 6:19am in Headphones (full-size)
- Panasonic htf 600s vs Creative Aurvana Live Last post on 1/27/13 at 11:06pm in Headphones (full-size)
2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs)
Last edited: 2/5/14
- 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))Last edited: 12/20/13
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones...Last edited: 8/2/13
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs...Last edited: 7/26/13
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)Last edited: 8/19/13
I have had these now for a few months. I heard they had a very bass orientated sound but not so much that it ruins everything else. When i first purchased these i was a bit confused as to why they...
I bought a pair of HM5s about 6 months ago. They give you absolutely great sound for under $150 but I ran into a big problem. Both sides where the slider connects to the headphones started to...
First a bit of background on my experiences with headphone amps. I have tried the Fiio E17, Objective 2, the 2.3W amp built into my laptop, my Yamaha receiver's headphone out and a cheap $40...
I bought these cans 2 years ago and sold them to get the ATH-M50, which then lead me into the audio world. Overall these are good portable headphones with great build quality. The sound, however,...
The Sennheiser Momentum On Ear is bursting with goodness. Nice looks, sound, and great value to go with it. Now, Let's go straight into it! These look so phenomenal, with all that alcantara...
iBasso DX100:24 bit for bit, PG 1> Reviews & Impressions, Downloads, VIDEO, NEW Firmware 1.4.2. - Page 812
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #12167 of 1253810/20/13 at 5:17amQuote:
edit: worked once, tried it again and it didnt turn on once again
Edited by fonna - 10/20/13 at 5:46ampost #12168 of 1253810/21/13 at 3:55amQuote:
I'm listening to the DX50 with the Heir Rendition 1 amp added, feeding my K10 ciems. That combo gets pretty close to the DX100, but it's not an elegant one-box solution like the DX100 is. I'd say it depends on how you plan to use it. On the go or at a desk?
Edit: Awesome news about the API btw!
Edited by Sorensiim - 10/21/13 at 4:01ampost #12169 of 1253810/21/13 at 4:09amNo name on the Dev yet and no idea on when it was given to them
For now, we are waiting for something that may or may not be released.
I really hope that the Dev would make himself known, so we can suggest features that we really need - manual scan, better otg support, better eq etc..post #12170 of 1253810/21/13 at 12:01pmpost #12171 of 1253810/22/13 at 4:58amMy battery life is going downhill rapidly. Lucky to get 3 hours these days. Ordered a new battery from ibasso, $20 delivered to the uk, not bad. Guess I can't really complain after a year and a half.post #12172 of 1253810/22/13 at 5:19am
So, after a long time of faithful service, my DX100 has decided not to recognize the 64gb of flac I have on the internal memory. It just states "No music on your dap!" even after forced rescans, factory reset and everything - and the files show up fine if I use directory view, but they won't play.
Edit: WTF - looks like some of the old files have been corrupted, but a freshly transferred album plays just fine...
Not a smart move by the DX100 now that I'm considering selling it to go fulltime DX50 + amp
Edit 2: Now everything is back. Gotta love the random bonus features of this DAP!
Edited by Sorensiim - 10/22/13 at 5:26ampost #12173 of 1253810/22/13 at 5:34ampost #12174 of 1253810/22/13 at 5:35amQuote:
Yeah, like a kid misbehaving to get attentionpost #12175 of 1253810/22/13 at 8:35amQuote:
My battery life hasn't been great - maybe 5 hours? I would love to get a new battery - Is the battery easily user replaceable?post #12176 of 1253810/22/13 at 9:31am
^ the term 'easily' is relative. It's not just a case of sliding off the back and popping it in (which you probably know). There are screws involved and that doesn't scare me, but other than that I'll let you know when I do it :)post #12177 of 1253810/22/13 at 10:11amQuote:
Yeah - I'm sure there's more to it than I care to do myself, especially if there's some soldering involved. I'm definitely interested in how it goes for you.post #12178 of 1253810/22/13 at 11:14ampost #12179 of 1253810/22/13 at 9:50pmQuote:
The case is still a total c_nt to remove. Even with the screws removed it will not be easy to remove that back cover. The hard part was not scratching the finish on the unit removing. Have fun :).
- iBasso DX100:24 bit for bit, PG 1> Reviews & Impressions, Downloads, VIDEO, NEW Firmware 1.4.2.
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))
- › New Audio-GD NFB-6 Balanced Amplifier 45 seconds ago
- › The discovery thread.! NEW Zero Audio Doppios! pg1197 !!.KEF... 1 minute ago
- › REVIEW: Ostry KC06 2 minutes ago
- › Noble Audio - the Wizard returns! 2 minutes ago
- › Beresford Bushmaster TC-7530 and Bushmaster MKII TC-7533 Comparison... 2 minutes ago
- › Charlotte, NC Meet: April 19th 2014 3 minutes ago
- › The DX90 by iBasso . . . please post your reviews and impressions.... 3 minutes ago
- › Need help deciding 4 minutes ago
- › DAP-off: Astell&Kern AK240, HiFiMAN HM-901, Sony ZX-1, FiiO X5 4 minutes ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 4 minutes ago
- › AUDIO TECHNICA ATH PRO700 mk2 by Morph91
- › BRAINWAVZ HM5 Studio Monitor Headphones by JamesSitter
- › Burson Audio - The Conductor - Reference Class DAC / Headphone Amp... by ag8908
- › SOL Republic Tracks HD by xkonfuzed
- › Sennheiser MOMENTUM On-Ear Headphone by TripBitShooter
- › Sennheiser PX 360 Collapsible Wired Headphone with Clear Natural... by TripBitShooter
- › Westone 4R with Removable Cables by squallkiercosa
- › Shure SE215 by squallkiercosa
- › Ultimate Ears Triple.fi 10 Pro Earphones Gun Metal Blue with Roadie... by squallkiercosa
- › Sennheiser HD 280 Headphones by LaPierre
- › Westone latest universal iem flagship was the... by majedelamine
- › How to find the Tokyo e-earphone shop by Currawong
- › The Best BASS Headphones ( a Head-Fi Wiki) by Hawaiibadboy
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by joe
- › Adjusting bias on Stax tube amplifiers by ardilla
- › Headphone Power Calculator Spreadsheet by robrob
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob