What the hell are you driving with the DX100 if 255 on high gain isn't enough?
Recent Images In This Thread
- productAudeze LCD2 Planar Magnetic Headphonestagged by System, 5/27/12
- brandAudiophile Productstagged by System, 2/10/12
- productiBasso DX100 Reference DAPtagged by System, 2/10/12
- productJDS Labs Assembled Objective2 Headphone Amplifiertagged by System, 5/27/12
- categoryPortable Source Componentstagged by System, 5/27/12
Related Forum Threads
- ++ FULL-SIZE HEADPHONE RECOMMENDATIONS THREAD++ CLOSED: Please post a thread in the... Last post on 6/6/13 at 4:16am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- [Comparison Review] Searching for accurate sounding closed cans under $100 (9 headphone models... Last post on 10/24/13 at 11:28pm in Headphones (full-size)
- first timer in need of guidance Last post on 4/3/13 at 1:33am in Headphones (full-size)
- Best dubstep headphones for $100? Last post on 3/16/13 at 6:19am in Headphones (full-size)
- Panasonic htf 600s vs Creative Aurvana Live Last post on 1/27/13 at 11:06pm in Headphones (full-size)
2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs)
Last edited: 2/5/14
- 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))Last edited: 12/20/13
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones...Last edited: 8/2/13
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs...Last edited: 7/26/13
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)Last edited: 8/19/13
I have passed on buying these because i generally do not play follow the leader well,so I was bidding on a set of Sennheiser HD 598s and was outbid at the last minute but wanted something new so...
Summary I've had these for about a week now, and I have to say I like them more each day. At first I was rather worried about purchasing them, because other reviews were saying that the bass...
I want to thanks Vincent from IFI who has sent me the sample for the review. In the past, on my site www.stereo-head.it and on head fi, I’ve already reviewed some IFI’s electronics and i...
Disclosure: I received these headphones from Sony Australia as a review sample to keep. Here is my video review of the 10R, as well as some brief notes about the sound and build of the...
My Story First of all - WOW. This is my first set of proper Hi-fi/Mid-fi cans. It's also easily the best sounding anything I've ever had the pleasure of listening to. However, since I'm new to...
iBasso DX100:24 bit for bit, PG 1> Reviews & Impressions, Downloads, VIDEO, NEW Firmware 1.4.2. - Page 803post #12031 of 124658/29/13 at 2:12am
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #12032 of 124658/29/13 at 2:18amQuote:
Probably SR009s ;).
Seriously though he's saying that his last DX100 was noticeably louder so I'm assuming something is wrong.post #12033 of 124658/29/13 at 2:18ampost #12034 of 124658/29/13 at 2:19ampost #12035 of 124658/29/13 at 2:23amQuote:
I was totally rocking out with the 600 ohm Beyer T1 on high gain at 200-210. If 255 on high isn't loud enough, something is wrong.post #12036 of 124658/29/13 at 2:28am
Send the player back...there's definitely a problem there. Before my third foray into sending stuff back to iBasso...I had the whole volume thing going on too. It's in this thread somewhere.
Anyway, I believe that was the straw that broke them down into sending me a new unit that someone actually "checked" before shipping to America.post #12037 of 124658/29/13 at 11:35amQuote:
Among other things: Beyerdynamic T1, Sennheiser HD 800, & Audeze LCD-3.
And also line out to various sources, for example, a line out to a Bose Wave Radio has room filling loudness with the Bose volume at 70 with Poweramp, that goes down about 30% or so (at least) when using the iBasso player.
Edited by AllNight - 8/29/13 at 11:43ampost #12038 of 124658/29/13 at 11:42amQuote:
I'm not sure if I'm doing a really bad job communicating (wouldn't surprise me) or if people just aren't reading closely enough. After all, this thread is over 800 pages now.
Anyways, I never said any such thing. I have had three players from iBasso now, all returned due to wireless, and all of them behaved exactly the same with regard to volume level and the stock player. They were just too quiet. In fact, I had originally intended to use the player as it shipped, without installing anything, and that was what prompted me to check the faq, which in turn prompted me to try Poweramp. That's when I found that the volume levels in Poweramp seemed to work properly, in comparison with the iBasso player. The Poweramp EQ boosts and attenuates. It seems the iBasso EQ only attenuates. And even then, it's quieter with the EQ engaged and all sliders are maxed, than when the EQ is off.
I would have looked for a different player though if I had known that the Poweramp developers don't trust their users and make paid software stop working every few days until users allow it to phone home.post #12039 of 124658/29/13 at 11:51ampost #12040 of 124658/29/13 at 2:45pmpost #12041 of 124658/29/13 at 5:48pmQuote:
I agree. I never found my players volume to be too soft on the standard player. Nor on Power Amp. Power Amp was the only one to give me issues with volume because I had to manually increase it from the options in android. I can't imagine listening to my IEMs at 255. I'd be deaf in minutes :(.post #12042 of 124658/29/13 at 6:28pmThen I'm lost, lol. I must be doing something really stupid or something, or all three players I received have some issue, or maybe they changed something recently seeing as to how I initially purchased mine in July of this year.
On this third player they sent me, which is still working OK in terms of wireless and such, there is something rattling around inside of it (has been since I took it out of its shipping box). Sounds like a tiny eyeglass screw or something like it. UUUUUUUGggggggghhh. I am cursed!
I guess I could contact iBasso about the volume but holy cow I hate to have to think of sending this back to them a THIRD time!
Does your EQ on your iBasso player behave as I describe? (Only attenuates... turn it on (i.e., touch "Open"), everything gets quieter, even with all EQ sliders maxed.)
Edited by AllNight - 8/29/13 at 6:35pmpost #12043 of 124658/29/13 at 6:34pmQuote:
As far as I can tell, Poweramp behaves this way by design; it "phones home" every three days. You will only get a message if you have no active Internet, since if you don't, it can't validate your license. If your Android is a cell phone this isn't an issue, if it's a music player and only needs Internet via WiFi to use the Google Market, then it can easily become a problem, especially if you take your player with you on say a long trip where your access to WiFi hot spots is limited.
Unless you are saying something different? The only way I have read to stop this license check behavior is to root your device and run a patch program that patches (or cracks) Poweramp to stop the license check.post #12044 of 124658/29/13 at 9:06pmpost #12045 of 124658/29/13 at 10:03pmQuote:
I think it's even worse on the DX50 thread ;).
- iBasso DX100:24 bit for bit, PG 1> Reviews & Impressions, Downloads, VIDEO, NEW Firmware 1.4.2.
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))
- › V-MODA M-100: Discussion/Feedback, Reviews, Pics, etc. 2 seconds ago
- › Best headphones, no amp, no budget 15 seconds ago
- › Questyle CMA800 Current Mode amp 16 seconds ago
- › Charlotte, NC Meet: April 19th 2014 35 seconds ago
- › New Tool album is complete according to Adam Jones! 47 seconds ago
- › Sennheiser IE800 IEM's 56 seconds ago
- › Moon Audio Split Modded, Silver Dragon Beyerdynamics DT1350 [UK... 1 minute ago
- › O2 AMP + ODAC 2 minutes ago
- › FiiO " Flagship " portable amp Mont Blanc/E12 discussing thread,... 4 minutes ago
- › The iBasso DX50 Thread - Latest firmware: 1.2.8 4 minutes ago
- › SONY Stereo headphones black MDR-1RMK2/B by Nec3
- › Audio-Technica ATH-M50S by turbomustang84
- › Superlux HD669 by mang0
- › IFI Gemini usb cable by turo91
- › Sony Over-Ear Headphones - MDR-10R by a_recording
- › HiFiMAN HE-400 by kuhchuk
- › BRAINWAVZ HM5 Studio Monitor Headphones by ashton18
- › Sennheiser IE800 by ag8908
- › Pioneer SE-CL721-K Headphones, Black/Red by tswmcello
- › Colorfly C3 by svyr
- › The Best BASS Headphones ( a Head-Fi Wiki) by gelocks
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by joe
- › Adjusting bias on Stax tube amplifiers by ardilla
- › Headphone Power Calculator Spreadsheet by robrob
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Introduction) by jude