What the hell are you driving with the DX100 if 255 on high gain isn't enough?
Recent Images In This Thread
- productAudeze LCD2 Planar Magnetic Headphonestagged by System, 5/27/12
- brandAudiophile Productstagged by System, 2/10/12
- productiBasso DX100 Reference DAPtagged by System, 2/10/12
- productJDS Labs Assembled Objective2 Headphone Amplifiertagged by System, 5/27/12
- categoryPortable Source Componentstagged by System, 5/27/12
Related Forum Threads
- ++ FULL-SIZE HEADPHONE RECOMMENDATIONS THREAD++ CLOSED: Please post a thread in the... Last post on 6/6/13 at 4:16am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- [Comparison Review] Searching for accurate sounding closed cans under $100 (9 headphone models... Last post on 10/24/13 at 11:28pm in Headphones (full-size)
- first timer in need of guidance Last post on 4/3/13 at 1:33am in Headphones (full-size)
- Best dubstep headphones for $100? Last post on 3/16/13 at 6:19am in Headphones (full-size)
- Panasonic htf 600s vs Creative Aurvana Live Last post on 1/27/13 at 11:06pm in Headphones (full-size)
2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs)
Last edited: 2/5/14
- 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))Last edited: 12/20/13
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones...Last edited: 8/2/13
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs...Last edited: 7/26/13
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)Last edited: 8/19/13
Remember: "Stay away from Razer". Razer headphones are just meant to be "fun" for a certain amount of time. After a few weeks they either break or become really uncomfortable. The sound is overall...
First I’d like to thank HiFiMAN for sending me their new HM-700 DAP and RE-400B (balanced version of the RE-400) bundle for me to review. I have always wondered about the balanced players that...
Foreword Chinese/HK headphone manufacturer Astrotec is known for its value-priced products (beginning with their lauded AM90), and they've stuck to their guns by pricing the AX35 (and its near...
When I bought these headphones about 2 months ago, I didn't expect much and I bought them without trying them out. It was an impulse buy to be honest, they were on a considerable discount and I...
I have had these now for a few months. I heard they had a very bass orientated sound but not so much that it ruins everything else. When i first purchased these i was a bit confused as to why they...
iBasso DX100:24 bit for bit, PG 1> Reviews & Impressions, Downloads, VIDEO, NEW Firmware 1.4.2. - Page 803post #12031 of 125398/29/13 at 2:12am
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #12032 of 125398/29/13 at 2:18amQuote:
Probably SR009s ;).
Seriously though he's saying that his last DX100 was noticeably louder so I'm assuming something is wrong.post #12033 of 125398/29/13 at 2:18ampost #12034 of 125398/29/13 at 2:19ampost #12035 of 125398/29/13 at 2:23amQuote:
I was totally rocking out with the 600 ohm Beyer T1 on high gain at 200-210. If 255 on high isn't loud enough, something is wrong.post #12036 of 125398/29/13 at 2:28am
Send the player back...there's definitely a problem there. Before my third foray into sending stuff back to iBasso...I had the whole volume thing going on too. It's in this thread somewhere.
Anyway, I believe that was the straw that broke them down into sending me a new unit that someone actually "checked" before shipping to America.post #12037 of 125398/29/13 at 11:35amQuote:
Among other things: Beyerdynamic T1, Sennheiser HD 800, & Audeze LCD-3.
And also line out to various sources, for example, a line out to a Bose Wave Radio has room filling loudness with the Bose volume at 70 with Poweramp, that goes down about 30% or so (at least) when using the iBasso player.
Edited by AllNight - 8/29/13 at 11:43ampost #12038 of 125398/29/13 at 11:42amQuote:
I'm not sure if I'm doing a really bad job communicating (wouldn't surprise me) or if people just aren't reading closely enough. After all, this thread is over 800 pages now.
Anyways, I never said any such thing. I have had three players from iBasso now, all returned due to wireless, and all of them behaved exactly the same with regard to volume level and the stock player. They were just too quiet. In fact, I had originally intended to use the player as it shipped, without installing anything, and that was what prompted me to check the faq, which in turn prompted me to try Poweramp. That's when I found that the volume levels in Poweramp seemed to work properly, in comparison with the iBasso player. The Poweramp EQ boosts and attenuates. It seems the iBasso EQ only attenuates. And even then, it's quieter with the EQ engaged and all sliders are maxed, than when the EQ is off.
I would have looked for a different player though if I had known that the Poweramp developers don't trust their users and make paid software stop working every few days until users allow it to phone home.post #12039 of 125398/29/13 at 11:51ampost #12040 of 125398/29/13 at 2:45pmpost #12041 of 125398/29/13 at 5:48pmQuote:
I agree. I never found my players volume to be too soft on the standard player. Nor on Power Amp. Power Amp was the only one to give me issues with volume because I had to manually increase it from the options in android. I can't imagine listening to my IEMs at 255. I'd be deaf in minutes :(.post #12042 of 125398/29/13 at 6:28pmThen I'm lost, lol. I must be doing something really stupid or something, or all three players I received have some issue, or maybe they changed something recently seeing as to how I initially purchased mine in July of this year.
On this third player they sent me, which is still working OK in terms of wireless and such, there is something rattling around inside of it (has been since I took it out of its shipping box). Sounds like a tiny eyeglass screw or something like it. UUUUUUUGggggggghhh. I am cursed!
I guess I could contact iBasso about the volume but holy cow I hate to have to think of sending this back to them a THIRD time!
Does your EQ on your iBasso player behave as I describe? (Only attenuates... turn it on (i.e., touch "Open"), everything gets quieter, even with all EQ sliders maxed.)
Edited by AllNight - 8/29/13 at 6:35pmpost #12043 of 125398/29/13 at 6:34pmQuote:
As far as I can tell, Poweramp behaves this way by design; it "phones home" every three days. You will only get a message if you have no active Internet, since if you don't, it can't validate your license. If your Android is a cell phone this isn't an issue, if it's a music player and only needs Internet via WiFi to use the Google Market, then it can easily become a problem, especially if you take your player with you on say a long trip where your access to WiFi hot spots is limited.
Unless you are saying something different? The only way I have read to stop this license check behavior is to root your device and run a patch program that patches (or cracks) Poweramp to stop the license check.post #12044 of 125398/29/13 at 9:06pmpost #12045 of 125398/29/13 at 10:03pmQuote:
I think it's even worse on the DX50 thread ;).
- iBasso DX100:24 bit for bit, PG 1> Reviews & Impressions, Downloads, VIDEO, NEW Firmware 1.4.2.
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))
- › Show us your Head-Fi station at it's current state. No old... 25 seconds ago
- › Chord Hugo 26 seconds ago
- › Wondering if the NVX XPT100 would be good for me 38 seconds ago
- › DAP-off: Astell&Kern AK240, HiFiMAN HM-901, Sony ZX-1, FiiO X5 1 minute ago
- › JRiver Media Center 19 is better! 2 minutes ago
- › PONO - Neil Youngs portable hi-res music player 2 minutes ago
- › Which option is the SAFEST to receive payment ? (scared to get... 2 minutes ago
- › Pioneer new DJ In-Ear Headphones DJE-2000 and DJE-1500 2 minutes ago
- › Buying my first pair of headphones: V-Moda M80s, SRH440, CAL 2,... 2 minutes ago
- › MOG Replacements? 2 minutes ago
- › Sony MDR-XD100 Stereo Headphones by xflight297
- › RAZER Kraken Pro Circumaural Analog Gaming Headset - Black by Bonny
- › HifiMan Electronics HM-700 DAC with RE-400b Balanced In-Ear... by lin0003
- › Astrotec AX35 by tomscy2000
- › Denon AH-D600 by derbigpr
- › AUDIO TECHNICA ATH PRO700 mk2 by Morph91
- › BRAINWAVZ HM5 Studio Monitor Headphones by JamesSitter
- › Burson Audio - The Conductor - Reference Class DAC / Headphone Amp... by ag8908
- › SOL Republic Tracks HD by xkonfuzed
- › Sennheiser MOMENTUM On-Ear Headphone by TripBitShooter
- › Westone latest universal iem flagship was the... by majedelamine
- › How to find the Tokyo e-earphone shop by Currawong
- › The Best BASS Headphones ( a Head-Fi Wiki) by Hawaiibadboy
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by joe
- › Adjusting bias on Stax tube amplifiers by ardilla
- › Headphone Power Calculator Spreadsheet by robrob
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob