Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Source Gear › iBasso DX100:24 bit for bit, PG 1> Reviews & Impressions, Downloads, VIDEO, NEW Firmware 1.4.2.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

iBasso DX100:24 bit for bit, PG 1> Reviews & Impressions, Downloads, VIDEO, NEW Firmware 1.4.2. - Page 775

post #11611 of 12739
File name is : 01 - title ...
And tag function well with my squeezebox system no numnerq in title in tag
post #11612 of 12739
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sorensiim View Post

Are your tags and file names in order? 

 

Actually two of my albums were working fine with older f/w but only with 1.4.2 it messes these two particular albums. No matter how much I've played with their tags it didn't work. I tried to replicate properly sorted albums' tags to those two and still nothing. It's only 2 albums so (far) I'm not fussed.

post #11613 of 12739
Quote:
Originally Posted by GandalfLux View Post

File name is : 01 - title ...
And tag function well with my squeezebox system no numnerq in title in tag

I'm absolutely manic about my tags and filenames, so I get (mostly) good results on the DX100.

 

Folder structure:

Artist -> Album -> Music Files

Example: Above & Beyond -> Group Therapy -> *.flac

 

File names:

Track - title.extension

Example: 02 - Alchemy feat. Zoe Johnston.flac

 

Tags: 

Album Artist: Above & Beyond

Artist: Above & Beyond

Album: Group Therapy

Title: Alchemy feat Zoe Johnston

Track: 02

Genre: Trance

 

I adhere strictly to the system above, always ensuring the correct folder structure and always having the track number in the filename as well as the tags. Always with leading zero for single digits (02 instead of 2, but not 010 instead of 10) and never crazy stuff like 02/15. All of this is very, very easy to do  (even with large collections) using Mp3Tag. Track numbers are easily fixed using the Autonumbering Wizard: 

 

 

post #11614 of 12739

I used the same System :(

 

LooK with  MP3Tag and FooBar and Windows .

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

All it's fine .. i think ;)

 

and on my DX100 :

 

 

 

 

 

£hooo grrrr

 

I search i search and i think i find :(

 

 

So i look this Tuto : http://www.head-fi.org/a/ibasso-dx100-faq

 

i use just that :

 

 

Quote:
Step 2: Go into Tool/Options. Under Tags you have Mpeg and Ape, Mpc... You want to make sure Read is check marked for both Mpeg and Ape. For "Write" make sure only ID3v1 is checked (for both Mpeg and Ape). Under "Remove" check ID3v2 and APE.
 
 
and
 

Now look further to the right and you'll notice one of these buttons marked as 1 2 on a page (red numbers). Click that and input this:

 

Begin at tracknumber: 1

 

Check-mark: Leading zeros for tracknumbers (01,02). This will allow your tracks to be automatically numbered from 01, 02, 03, 04 etc. Just make sure they are in the correct order starting from 1,2,3,4 and it will automatically rename them correctly to 01, 02, 03, 04. I've noticed issues if you don't have it done this way. Basically when changing your tracks be sure to do this part first. Then you can refer to those other buttons I had mentioned earlier. As long as your Titles of your tags are correct it will combine that along with the 01, 02, 03 and rename your Filename according to that format. Basically saving you a lot of time and making this process quite easy.

 

 

and my album now it's correct.

 

I tried with my all memory card now i trie din first without the Step 2 for check if it's this one or the numbers.

 

 

EDIT :

 

Oki withou change the option in Step 2 the pb persist :(

 

So now change option configuration like the Step 2 and change again the number .


Edited by GandalfLux - 5/14/13 at 2:14am
post #11615 of 12739
Quote:
Originally Posted by GandalfLux View Post

I used the same System :(

Nope, you'll want those leading zeros in the track number (01 instead of 1) or track 10 will be listed before track 1. wink.gif

post #11616 of 12739

my pb is not really that beacause the 1rst song it's the 6th :(

post #11617 of 12739
Quote:
Originally Posted by GandalfLux View Post

my pb is not really that beacause the 1rst song it's the 6th :(

Ahh, then it's because of that lovely little rockchip bug where files are listed in the order they are copied to the device and not by filename or tag. 

 

You can use CopyInOrder to take care of that. Since you've already loaded your music to the DX100, just use CopyInOrder to move the files locally on the player, ie from \music to \music2 and then back to \music. That'll fix it smile.gif

 

And yes, Rockchip should be hit repeatedly across the face with a pickled herring for that bug.

post #11618 of 12739
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sorensiim View Post

Ahh, then it's because of that lovely little rockchip bug where files are listed in the order they are copied to the device and not by filename or tag. 

 

You can use CopyInOrder to take care of that. Since you've already loaded your music to the DX100, just use CopyInOrder to move the files locally on the player, ie from \music to \music2 and then back to \music. That'll fix it smile.gif

 

And yes, Rockchip should be hit repeatedly across the face with a pickled herring for that bug.

Maybe that could be my issue too...seems to be a non-Mac app though? Well I'll see if it works by coping it manually - one by one.

post #11619 of 12739

I'll go crazy AAAaaaaaaRRRRggggGGGGGGGg angry_face.gif

 


Before :

Adele / 21
1 : Nb 06
2 : Nb 09
3 : Nb 11


Cheryl cole / 3 Words
1 : Nb 08
2 : Nb 06
3 : Nb 04


For adele i do all (Step 2 + trackNumber)

For cheryl cole i do just change tracknumber

i copy this 2 artist in the Dx100. Ok all it's goo.

Adele / 21
1 : Nb 01
2 : Nb 02
3 : Nb 03


Cheryl cole / 3 Words
1 : Nb 01
2 : Nb 02
3 : Nb 03

i copy this 2 artist on µSD and i delet it on DX100

i reset DX100 i restart DX100

and

Adele / 21
1 : Nb 06
2 : Nb 09
3 : Nb 11


Cheryl cole / 3 Words
1 : Nb 08
2 : Nb 06
3 : Nb 04

After i do what you said with CopyInOrder with file on µSD

And now .....

Adele / 21
1 : Nb 06
2 : Nb 09
3 : Nb 11


Cheryl cole / 3 Words
1 : Nb 08
2 : Nb 06
3 : Nb 04

I do a reset factory again .. and ...

The sames :(

Adele / 21
1 : Nb 06
2 : Nb 09
3 : Nb 11


Cheryl cole / 3 Words
1 : Nb 08
2 : Nb 06
3 : Nb 04
 

 

So all it' done when the music are directly in DX100 but in µSD no :(

post #11620 of 12739
try to use drivesort to fix the ordering. but use this only after you have done the renaming to 01, 02...

I use that before since I already have my files on my microSD - no need to copy from/to pc to microsd

resetting does not fix the short filenames used by dx100.
Edited by xnuthecaveman - 5/14/13 at 7:11am
post #11621 of 12739

Can you explain a little what i do whit tis ?

post #11622 of 12739

Assuming you have already done the renaming, in your case

 

Adele / 21
1 : Nb 01
2 : Nb 02
3 : Nb 03

Cheryl cole / 3 Words
1 : Nb 08
2 : Nb 06
3 : Nb 04

 

Download Drivesort, run it

 

1. on the Disk Menu,  click Open..  select the drive letter of the disk you want to sort --  microSD/DX100 

2. On the Left side you should see your folders contained in the disk selected.. select the folder you want to sort.

3. After click / selecting the folder, go to the Folder menu, then click Sort. 

    - this should sort the short names - see picture.

 

*image from and owned by http://www.anerty.net

 

4. go to the Folder menu, then click Save.

5. do this for all folders you need to sort in the disk you selected

6. after, go to Disk Menu.. click Close.

 

Safely disconnect your DX100 and see if it fixes your sequencing problem


Edited by xnuthecaveman - 5/14/13 at 7:44am
post #11623 of 12739
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnakChan View Post

Maybe that could be my issue too...seems to be a non-Mac app though? Well I'll see if it works by coping it manually - one by one.

 

Thx for the reminder Soren on this solution. I completely forgot about copy order - thought that was an old bug fixed back in 1.10. Anyway all's good now! Cheers!

post #11624 of 12739

Tks xnuthecaveman i do it tomorow morning ;)


Edited by GandalfLux - 5/14/13 at 10:54pm
post #11625 of 12739
Quote:
Originally Posted by xnuthecaveman View Post

Assuming you have already done the renaming, in your case

 

Adele / 21
1 : Nb 01
2 : Nb 02
3 : Nb 03

Cheryl cole / 3 Words
1 : Nb 08
2 : Nb 06
3 : Nb 04

 

Download Drivesort, run it

 

1. on the Disk Menu,  click Open..  select the drive letter of the disk you want to sort --  microSD/DX100 

2. On the Left side you should see your folders contained in the disk selected.. select the folder you want to sort.

3. After click / selecting the folder, go to the Folder menu, then click Sort. 

    - this should sort the short names - see picture.

 

*image from and owned by http://www.anerty.net

 

4. go to the Folder menu, then click Save.

5. do this for all folders you need to sort in the disk you selected

6. after, go to Disk Menu.. click Close.

 

Safely disconnect your DX100 and see if it fixes your sequencing problem

 

Great all it's done ;)

 

all it's GooD gs1000.gif

 

Now i need to doo this for my all collection ;)

 

Just 1 think i need to reset DX100 for rescan very good my µSD but it's nothing i trie this modification on 2 µSD i do others directly on my Flac Base on NAS ;)

 

Great Great Tks
 

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Portable Source Gear
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Source Gear › iBasso DX100:24 bit for bit, PG 1> Reviews & Impressions, Downloads, VIDEO, NEW Firmware 1.4.2.