Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Source Gear › iBasso DX100:24 bit for bit, PG 1> Reviews & Impressions, Downloads, VIDEO, NEW Firmware 1.4.2.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

iBasso DX100:24 bit for bit, PG 1> Reviews & Impressions, Downloads, VIDEO, NEW Firmware 1.4.2. - Page 774

post #11596 of 12879

allez j'vais voir et j'minscris ua passage ;)

post #11597 of 12879
Quote:
Originally Posted by tupac0306 View Post

Anyone understand French? This was actually my DX100 sold to a headfier in France. And he wrote a review on it. But what did he do to the firmware?! That looks very interesting to me with all that EQ functions are so on. Anyone know what it's all about?

 

Thanks

He just installed a different launcher and is using an alternate music player app downloaded from the Android Market, something along the lines of PowerAmp, but yet another flavour.

Operation according to him is snappier, and the navigation easier in the player app, also visually more appealing.

 

However, we know only iBasso's custom music player bypasses the Android kernel that limits to 16bits/44kHz and isn't as pure in SQ. The DX100 really shows it potential with HD tracks via the custom player.


Edited by the wizard of oz - 5/12/13 at 1:33pm
post #11598 of 12879
Quote:
Originally Posted by the wizard of oz View Post

He just installed a different launcher and is using an alternate music player app downloaded from the Android Market, something along the lines of PowerAmp, but yet another flavour.

Operation according to him is snappier, and the navigation easier in the player app, also visually more appealing.

 

However, we know only iBasso's custom music player bypasses the Android kernel that limits to 16bits/44kHz and isn't as pure in SQ. The DX100 really shows it potential with HD tracks via the custom player.

Thanks a lot for clearing that up.  I am pretty interested in the EQ function in that launcher, looks like you have lots of eq bands to play with and set how much pre amp you want.

 

I got it, it's Gonemad, Poweramp and GoLauncher. I will definitely give it a try when I get my hand on another dx100 in the future~

 

Thanks wizard of oz


Edited by tupac0306 - 5/12/13 at 1:41pm
post #11599 of 12879
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnakChan View Post

Bowtung jotted down a HM-901 comparison to the DX100 which I thought was quite well written :-

 

http://www.head-fi.org/t/605982/hm-901/840#post_9431059

 

Thought I'd share it with here with some DX100 owners who may be curious.

 

It would be advisable if he would include the DX100's firmware version lol

post #11600 of 12879
Quote:
Originally Posted by tupac0306 View Post

Thanks a lot for clearing that up.  I am pretty interested in the EQ function in that launcher, looks like you have lots of eq bands to play with and set how much pre amp you want.

 

I got it, it's Gonemad, Poweramp and GoLauncher. I will definitely give it a try when I get my hand on another dx100 in the future~

 

Thanks wizard of oz


lol you're having sellers remorse now aren't you? ;).

post #11601 of 12879

hi, 

 

i trie dto test th e"new" FW 1.4.2 and impossible to launch any music :( nothing in album but each CD are in folder .

 

And in folder i tar play one files but nothing do :(

 

anybody have this pb ?

 

 

EDIT : Same think now with the FW 1.3.7 :( if i don't use µSD just internal memory no pb with FW 1.3.7 and when i take my µSD , scanning media and nothing in the library :(


Edited by GandalfLux - 5/13/13 at 12:09am
post #11602 of 12879
Try resetting your DX100 or swtich off your device and wait 10 seconds before switching it back on.

It the above fails, it could be your sd card is faulty or not formatted properly.
post #11603 of 12879
I forgot to add that the dx100 sometimes needs some time to scan new sd with plenty of songs. This may take 10 mins. So be patient.
post #11604 of 12879

i tried:

 

1 install news FW 1.4.2

2 Do a Reset Factory software

3 stop and wait

4 start and wait

5 insert µSD and wait

6 comeback here

 

PS : How cani sue the reset botton under power botton ?

 

 

EDIT : Oufff all is done now ;) Ok the windows wih the scan media close quickly but the scan isn't finish .. so if i wait more my CD comebacl ;) Great..


Edited by GandalfLux - 5/13/13 at 12:44am
post #11605 of 12879
Yes. The reset button is below the power switch. Use a small pin or something sharp and press the reset button. You do not need to press too hard. I am not sure if that will help. I do not have any problem after upgrading to the latest firmware.
post #11606 of 12879

if you go into settings, applications, running applications, wait until the media service has stopped, this can take quite some time if you have a large microSD card, leave it for half an hour and then come back.  If the media service has gone, you should be good to go.

post #11607 of 12879

the power button don't want fonction for me :( but in Os factory Reset yep ;)

 

So now all it's done

i try to index all memory card and see if ibasso remenber good each memory card now ;)
 

post #11608 of 12879
Quote:
Originally Posted by lee730 View Post


lol you're having sellers remorse now aren't you? ;).

BIG TIME! just like you lol

post #11609 of 12879

By cons they have not corrected the problem in reading order: (: (when you pass through albums and you do live album playback the files are not in order (when you do directory / artist / album playing on the album like this: (.

 

Forcing open the album and to play the music first then he read in the order as before ;) (with FW 1.3.7) pfff

 

Why iBasso don't have correct this pb ? i don't understand :(

post #11610 of 12879
Quote:
Originally Posted by GandalfLux View Post

By cons they have not corrected the problem in reading order: (: (when you pass through albums and you do live album playback the files are not in order (when you do directory / artist / album playing on the album like this: (.

 

Forcing open the album and to play the music first then he read in the order as before ;) (with FW 1.3.7) pfff

 

Why iBasso don't have correct this pb ? i don't understand :(

Are your tags and file names in order? 

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Portable Source Gear
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Source Gear › iBasso DX100:24 bit for bit, PG 1> Reviews & Impressions, Downloads, VIDEO, NEW Firmware 1.4.2.