Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Source Gear › iBasso DX100:24 bit for bit, PG 1> Reviews & Impressions, Downloads, VIDEO, NEW Firmware 1.4.2.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

iBasso DX100:24 bit for bit, PG 1> Reviews & Impressions, Downloads, VIDEO, NEW Firmware 1.4.2. - Page 771

post #11551 of 12675
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sorensiim View Post

Am I the only DX100 owner/fan keeping an eye on the DX50 thread?

are the specs out yet? :)

post #11552 of 12675
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sorensiim View Post

Am I the only DX100 owner/fan keeping an eye on the DX50 thread

nope, I'm keen to see what this brings to the party. I think I've seen Jamato8 on there too.

post #11553 of 12675
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sorensiim View Post

Am I the only DX100 owner/fan keeping an eye on the DX50 thread?

Nope, I can't wait for more details from Ibasso.

RC

post #11554 of 12675

I'm looking but only out of curiosity. The DX100 is still going to be their top dog, in the same way the Hifiman range started off with the 801 then the 601/602, and I'm happy with my 'casette player' as my friends affectionately call it. DX200 would what would really pique my interest but I know a future flagship model will be some time after they've filled out their product line further down the chain.

post #11555 of 12675

I've tried to update the firmware on my unit several times (with 1.2.7, 1.3.7 and now 1.4.2), but it just doesn't seem to work. In each case, the update.img file was copied to the root of the file system of the player, but when I disconnect the USB, I get a message that it is preparing internal flash storage and then media scanning... I never get a message that it found firmware to install. I've tried doing a factory reset, then copying the firmware file, but still no luck. I've powered the unit off and back on several times after copying the firmware update file, and doing another factory reset, but still no luck. I'm beginning to think that maybe I don't actually have a DX100.

I first bought a unit on 9/20/2012, and received it DOA on 9/26/2012. iBasso promptly sent me a replacement on 10/1/2012. The unit worked fine, with the exception of stuttering or dropouts when playing hi-rez files. Happened a bit on 96/24 FLAC files, but happens several times within one song when playing 192/24 FLAC files. I noticed it even less with 96/24 WAV files, but never tried it with 192/24 as I didn't have any, and never got around to changing one of my 192/24 FLAC files to a WAV file. I figured maybe a firmware upgrade would fix the issue, which brings me to issue I've had over the past 2 months trying to do an update.

 

If I look at info under About Device, I see the following:

Model number: HDP-R10

Android version: 2.3.1

Kernel version Linux version 2.6.32.27

Build number: v8.0.0

 

So can anyone confirm if this is the Japanese version and not the International version of the DX100? If so, any firmware updates for that model? I haven't checked the R10 thread yet- just finished getting through this thread. However if someone confirms that is the model I have, then I'll get started.

 

I'll also add that when I had problems with the firmware upgrade again last night, I copied a DSF file from Blue Coast Records to the device and it played, though displayed as a 24 bit 88.2 kHz file, so it may be playing PCM and not really DSD. Because I was able to play the DSF file that lead me to believe that I had the Japanese version. But maybe the people with the International version can play the files too; it just converts to PCM then analog, instead of direct DSD to analog.

post #11556 of 12675

It looks like you have the Japanese version.  Mine says DX100 under Model number.

post #11557 of 12675
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by krisstack View Post

I've tried to update the firmware on my unit several times (with 1.2.7, 1.3.7 and now 1.4.2), but it just doesn't seem to work. In each case, the update.img file was copied to the root of the file system of the player, but when I disconnect the USB, I get a message that it is preparing internal flash storage and then media scanning... I never get a message that it found firmware to install. I've tried doing a factory reset, then copying the firmware file, but still no luck. I've powered the unit off and back on several times after copying the firmware update file, and doing another factory reset, but still no luck. I'm beginning to think that maybe I don't actually have a DX100.

I first bought a unit on 9/20/2012, and received it DOA on 9/26/2012. iBasso promptly sent me a replacement on 10/1/2012. The unit worked fine, with the exception of stuttering or dropouts when playing hi-rez files. Happened a bit on 96/24 FLAC files, but happens several times within one song when playing 192/24 FLAC files. I noticed it even less with 96/24 WAV files, but never tried it with 192/24 as I didn't have any, and never got around to changing one of my 192/24 FLAC files to a WAV file. I figured maybe a firmware upgrade would fix the issue, which brings me to issue I've had over the past 2 months trying to do an update.

 

If I look at info under About Device, I see the following:

Model number: HDP-R10

Android version: 2.3.1

Kernel version Linux version 2.6.32.27

Build number: v8.0.0

 

So can anyone confirm if this is the Japanese version and not the International version of the DX100? If so, any firmware updates for that model? I haven't checked the R10 thread yet- just finished getting through this thread. However if someone confirms that is the model I have, then I'll get started.

 

I'll also add that when I had problems with the firmware upgrade again last night, I copied a DSF file from Blue Coast Records to the device and it played, though displayed as a 24 bit 88.2 kHz file, so it may be playing PCM and not really DSD. Because I was able to play the DSF file that lead me to believe that I had the Japanese version. But maybe the people with the International version can play the files too; it just converts to PCM then analog, instead of direct DSD to analog.

 

You have the Japanese version. You have to get the firmware for the R10, not the DX100. 

post #11558 of 12675
Quote:
Originally Posted by Veenrok View Post

of course I meant to say "imo". But I am sure you can hear the difference, if you try. I also have at home a HM-801 with symmcard amp (the best amp for 801 out there). And IMO the 801 DAP if powered with a good amp with close to zero impendance provides an opportunity for comparison of naturality of the sound. And imo 1.4.2 has a more natural sound signature in comparison with 1.2.7. I don't mind someone to like it more than 1.4.2, but on one hand we have tastefull sound, on the other - naturality. That's It. You can choose what ever You like the most.
post #11559 of 12675
Quote:
Originally Posted by tonyl59 View Post


Thank you for pointing out where I've been going wrong all these years. It turns out that I simply haven't been listening properly!
I respect your opinion of 1.4.2 (perhaps it's better suited to those who like boom and tizz but don't really understand what hi-fi is all about) but please do not tell me that you are right and I am either wrong or stupid or both.
post #11560 of 12675
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by tonyl59 View Post


Thank you for pointing out where I've been going wrong all these years. It turns out that I simply haven't been listening properly!
I respect your opinion of 1.4.2 (perhaps it's better suited to those who like boom and tizz but don't really understand what hi-fi is all about) but please do not tell me that you are right and I am either wrong or stupid or both.

When it comes to what we hear, we are all right. What ever is right for you is right for you. I had a friend with a home system he loved. A nice LP system that to my ears was ill defined, lacked bass or very good imaging. My system was very transparent, great imaging and depth and solid bass, IMO. Both are tube systems and to me his system was also overly warm, I just didn't care for it. He didn't get my system and just looked around. I tried to be more polite when listening to his. Both are right. :^) 

post #11561 of 12675

I apologize if this has been asked before but I can't find any info on this. Those of you who you use MOG, when I download an album to my DX100 and then turn the wifi off, for some reason I can't seem to play the album. It says Connectivity Required. This shouldn't be so because that's the whole point of downloading as opposed to streaming. Anyone experiencing the same issue? 

post #11562 of 12675

In my opinion the 1.4.2 sounds much better than the one before it. I had my unit for sale now with the 1.4.2 I think I'm satisfied. I have a RWAK100 anyone interested?

post #11563 of 12675
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jwm48324 View Post

In my opinion the 1.4.2 sounds much better than the one before it. I had my unit for sale now with the 1.4.2 I think I'm satisfied. I have a RWAK100 anyone interested?


lol you don't make sense in your post? So what do you have for sale now the RWA AK100 or the DX100? Are you saying since 1.4.2 you have taken your DX100 off the for sale forum and instead put up the RWA AK100? :)

post #11564 of 12675
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jwm48324 View Post

In my opinion the 1.4.2 sounds much better than the one before it. I had my unit for sale now with the 1.4.2 I think I'm satisfied. I have a RWAK100 anyone interested?

That's how I felt, I was thinking about selling it, just because all the UI little bugs.

But ibasso has released two firmware updates since I got it. So it's been a constant improvement. I'm glad have it a chance.

Granted some people don't like the new firmware sound, but hey that's why there is an EQ. A little tick here and there will probably be enough.
After all that's basically what ibasso does with firmware updates. The hardware does not change, it's not like they send a new tube with every update.
post #11565 of 12675
Quote:
Originally Posted by krisstack View Post

I've tried to update the firmware on my unit several times (with 1.2.7, 1.3.7 and now 1.4.2), but it just doesn't seem to work. In each case, the update.img file was copied to the root of the file system of the player, but when I disconnect the USB, I get a message that it is preparing internal flash storage and then media scanning... I never get a message that it found firmware to install. I've tried doing a factory reset, then copying the firmware file, but still no luck. I've powered the unit off and back on several times after copying the firmware update file, and doing another factory reset, but still no luck. I'm beginning to think that maybe I don't actually have a DX100.

I first bought a unit on 9/20/2012, and received it DOA on 9/26/2012. iBasso promptly sent me a replacement on 10/1/2012. The unit worked fine, with the exception of stuttering or dropouts when playing hi-rez files. Happened a bit on 96/24 FLAC files, but happens several times within one song when playing 192/24 FLAC files. I noticed it even less with 96/24 WAV files, but never tried it with 192/24 as I didn't have any, and never got around to changing one of my 192/24 FLAC files to a WAV file. I figured maybe a firmware upgrade would fix the issue, which brings me to issue I've had over the past 2 months trying to do an update.

 

If I look at info under About Device, I see the following:

Model number: HDP-R10

Android version: 2.3.1

Kernel version Linux version 2.6.32.27

Build number: v8.0.0

 

So can anyone confirm if this is the Japanese version and not the International version of the DX100? If so, any firmware updates for that model? I haven't checked the R10 thread yet- just finished getting through this thread. However if someone confirms that is the model I have, then I'll get started.

 

I'll also add that when I had problems with the firmware upgrade again last night, I copied a DSF file from Blue Coast Records to the device and it played, though displayed as a 24 bit 88.2 kHz file, so it may be playing PCM and not really DSD. Because I was able to play the DSF file that lead me to believe that I had the Japanese version. But maybe the people with the International version can play the files too; it just converts to PCM then analog, instead of direct DSD to analog.

 

Latest update for HDp-R10 which is 8.0.2 can be downloaded here:

http://www.microsofttranslator.com/bv.aspx?from=&to=en&a=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.hibino-intersound.co.jp%2Fibasso_audio%2F3348.html

 

This update will remove google play from your device.


Edited by OddJobs - 5/8/13 at 1:07am
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Portable Source Gear
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Source Gear › iBasso DX100:24 bit for bit, PG 1> Reviews & Impressions, Downloads, VIDEO, NEW Firmware 1.4.2.