Recent Images In This Thread
- productAudeze LCD2 Planar Magnetic Headphonestagged by System, 5/27/12
- brandAudiophile Productstagged by System, 2/10/12
- productiBasso DX100 Reference DAPtagged by System, 2/10/12
- productJDS Labs Assembled Objective2 Headphone Amplifiertagged by System, 5/27/12
- categoryPortable Source Componentstagged by System, 5/27/12
Related Forum Threads
- ++ FULL-SIZE HEADPHONE RECOMMENDATIONS THREAD++ CLOSED: Please post a thread in the... Last post on 6/6/13 at 4:16am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- [Comparison Review] Searching for accurate sounding closed cans under $100 (9 headphone models... Last post on 10/24/13 at 11:28pm in Headphones (full-size)
- first timer in need of guidance Last post on 4/3/13 at 1:33am in Headphones (full-size)
- Best dubstep headphones for $100? Last post on 3/16/13 at 6:19am in Headphones (full-size)
- Panasonic htf 600s vs Creative Aurvana Live Last post on 1/27/13 at 11:06pm in Headphones (full-size)
2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs)
Last edited: 12/13/13
- 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))Last edited: Today
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones...Last edited: 8/2/13
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs...Last edited: 7/26/13
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)Last edited: 8/19/13
Intro This was my first real pair of headphones, and they satisfied me for two years. So it is only fitting that my first headphone review be on these awesome headphones. The HD598s are a great...
Introduction First I want to start with an "I'm sorry" because I took so long to write this and to top it off, I feel as if the review was a "waste of time" because, well, I don't see it as very...
This is a review of the Noble 8c, an eight drivers 4 ways ciems. You could check the specs on the noble web site. Please be kind in your critics, as this is my first review ever, and that English...
Porta Pros simply made the biggest difference for me when listening to music as I have switched from some low-end sony in-ear to them and suddenly when playing the same song music became more rich...
From the moment Charles told me about the new project that he was working on, “Project Palaios”, I was intrigued. A wooden amp? That’s certainly not what you hear everyday and from the pictures...
iBasso DX100:24 bit for bit, PG 1> Reviews & Impressions, Downloads, VIDEO, NEW Firmware 1.4.2. - Page 764post #11446 of 123084/25/13 at 6:24am
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #11447 of 123084/25/13 at 10:15amQuote:Originally Posted by aks2023
I'm having trouble downloading the latest firmware 1.4.2 from ibasso sight. I am on a mac. It starts downloading the file but when its finished its called Update 5 or Update 6 and when i try to open it says file not recognized.
Am i doing something wrong? has anyone been able to successfully download this update on a mac?
I have a mac also. When you download and unzip the file it will be named update.img
if you have previous updates in your download folder, it will rename the new ones to update1, update2, update3...etc
I usually move the latest to it's own folder then unzip it or you can rename update6 to update.img but it will overwrite the original thats already in your downloads folder if you have one.
The update file must be named update.img before you copy it to the DX or it won't recognize it.
Edited by SmallBucket - 4/25/13 at 10:28ampost #11448 of 123084/25/13 at 12:41pmpost #11449 of 123084/25/13 at 12:54pmQuote:
I keep it at 240 out of 255.post #11450 of 123084/25/13 at 1:02pm
It can also vary depending on the amp you are using. With the T1 I found the sound to be most balanced with the T1 clocked at half volume then I use the DX100 variable LO to adjust. Normally around 155 to 165 depending on tracks.
post #11451 of 123084/25/13 at 1:26pmQuote:
I keep the DX100 maxed out and adjust volume on the amps. I have no particular reason for doing it this way however. I've tried lowering the DX volume a little and adjusting the amp volume, but I can't detect any sonic differences.post #11452 of 123084/25/13 at 2:04pmQuote:Quote:
Typically running the source output at near max and controlling the volume with the downstream amp is said to result in the best signal to noise ratio. Whether or not this is audible likely depends on the quality of your phones and ears.post #11453 of 123084/25/13 at 2:38pmpost #11454 of 123084/25/13 at 6:40pm
For me it has always been matching the output to input of the amp for the best dynamics without overloading the input......Also one needs to take into account the sweet spot on the amps volume potpost #11455 of 123084/25/13 at 11:07pmThread Starter
Firmware upgrade. Two thumbs UP. Very good drive and resolution. The DX has matured very well with this upgrade. The combination of my ESW10 JPN and the DX works very, very well together.post #11456 of 123084/25/13 at 11:07pmpost #11457 of 123084/26/13 at 12:35amQuote:
I tend to keep mine at the level I use for my CIEMs (210 ish, though depends on the track).
I have a memory like a sieve and risk blowing my ears when I go from home to portable as I never remember to adjust back...post #11458 of 123084/26/13 at 1:03amQuote:
updating now, haven't done this for a while, I skipped 1.3.7, I seem to remember it takes a fair old while and lots of patience and a long pause while it reindexes all the music
Edited by dc-k - 4/26/13 at 1:05ampost #11459 of 123084/26/13 at 1:31ampost #11460 of 123084/26/13 at 1:41am
For me, comparable with 1.2.7. variable incidence of clicks when set to native (bearable but not really gapless half the time), hopeless when set to 5 seconds (sounds like a scratch mix produced by low grade DJ for a couple of seconds before and after the change) and smooth but incomplete when set to 10 seconds (missing key notes at changeover).
Personally I prefer native...
- iBasso DX100:24 bit for bit, PG 1> Reviews & Impressions, Downloads, VIDEO, NEW Firmware 1.4.2.
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide: (Updated 9/2/2013: Sony... 31 seconds ago
- › The Deals DISCUSSION Thread (READ THE FIRST POST!!!) 1 minute ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 1 minute ago
- › Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Headphones, IEMs, Amps, DACs) 2 minutes ago
- › V-MODA M-100: Discussion/Feedback, Reviews, Pics, etc. 2 minutes ago
- › Need help choosing a pair of INEXPENSIVE over-ear, all around-er,... 3 minutes ago
- › Question about tube amps 4 minutes ago
- › BEST ANIME OF 2013 ノ( ゜-゜ノ) 6 minutes ago
- › WTB: Shure SRH1540 7 minutes ago
- › Sony XBA-H1 and XBA-H3 Hybrid Dynamic and BA IEM 7 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD-598 by davisman
- › MrSpeakers Alpha Dog (T50RP Mod) by gelocks
- › Noble Audio 8C by John0405
- › Koss PortaPro - Headphones ( semi-open ) by cipurian
- › Project Palaios: Iona by lin0003
- › HiFiMAN RE-400 by getclikinagas
- › JAYS T00093 a-JAYS Five Earphones for Android - Black by mark2410
- › Beats Pro Over-Ear Headphone (White) by DigitalGrounder
- › AMB Laboratories γ2 (Gamma2) by JustinBieber
- › AKG K701 Studio Headphones by kmaenpaa
- › Headphone Power Calculator Spreadsheet by robrob
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Introduction) by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by skehoe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by skehoe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Desktop Amps... by warrenpchi
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Portable... by cristina
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide... by SocialCapital