Recent Images In This Thread
- productAudeze LCD2 Planar Magnetic Headphonestagged by System, 5/27/12
- brandAudiophile Productstagged by System, 2/10/12
- productiBasso DX100 Reference DAPtagged by System, 2/10/12
- productJDS Labs Assembled Objective2 Headphone Amplifiertagged by System, 5/27/12
- categoryPortable Source Componentstagged by System, 5/27/12
Related Forum Threads
- ++ FULL-SIZE HEADPHONE RECOMMENDATIONS THREAD++ CLOSED: Please post a thread in the... Last post on 6/6/13 at 4:16am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- [Comparison Review] Searching for accurate sounding closed cans under $100 (9 headphone models... Last post on 10/24/13 at 11:28pm in Headphones (full-size)
- first timer in need of guidance Last post on 4/3/13 at 1:33am in Headphones (full-size)
- Best dubstep headphones for $100? Last post on 3/16/13 at 6:19am in Headphones (full-size)
- Panasonic htf 600s vs Creative Aurvana Live Last post on 1/27/13 at 11:06pm in Headphones (full-size)
2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs)
Last edited: 2/5/14
- 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))Last edited: 12/20/13
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones...Last edited: 8/2/13
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs...Last edited: 7/26/13
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)Last edited: 8/19/13
My current set. My favorite and my private oasis. These beauties will cut out most if not all ambient noise like while driving in a car and household noise when the music is flowing. I became a fan...
I was asked to listen to the Musical Fidelity MF100 and received them about 4 weeks ago. I get quite a lot of headphones through my door, I only review the ones I like and I like these a lot. I...
Got the SE846 last week and did some hours of comparison with my current SE535. My bias was towards keeping them - I like flagship products as a "there is nothing better" products, i.e. do not...
So I finally broke my go to earbuds, and went searching for a replacement. I was actually so disappointed with these things that I made it a point to get out and put out a review. Bass continuously...
I was looking for closed headphones with a pricetag up to €200 that could be used without an amp. After some research and listening sessions I bought the M50x. There's really not a lot to say about...
iBasso DX100:24 bit for bit, PG 1> Reviews & Impressions, Downloads, VIDEO, NEW Firmware 1.4.2. - Page 764post #11446 of 124654/25/13 at 6:24am
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #11447 of 124654/25/13 at 10:15amQuote:Originally Posted by aks2023
I'm having trouble downloading the latest firmware 1.4.2 from ibasso sight. I am on a mac. It starts downloading the file but when its finished its called Update 5 or Update 6 and when i try to open it says file not recognized.
Am i doing something wrong? has anyone been able to successfully download this update on a mac?
I have a mac also. When you download and unzip the file it will be named update.img
if you have previous updates in your download folder, it will rename the new ones to update1, update2, update3...etc
I usually move the latest to it's own folder then unzip it or you can rename update6 to update.img but it will overwrite the original thats already in your downloads folder if you have one.
The update file must be named update.img before you copy it to the DX or it won't recognize it.
Edited by SmallBucket - 4/25/13 at 10:28ampost #11448 of 124654/25/13 at 12:41pmpost #11449 of 124654/25/13 at 12:54pmQuote:
I keep it at 240 out of 255.post #11450 of 124654/25/13 at 1:02pm
It can also vary depending on the amp you are using. With the T1 I found the sound to be most balanced with the T1 clocked at half volume then I use the DX100 variable LO to adjust. Normally around 155 to 165 depending on tracks.
post #11451 of 124654/25/13 at 1:26pmQuote:
I keep the DX100 maxed out and adjust volume on the amps. I have no particular reason for doing it this way however. I've tried lowering the DX volume a little and adjusting the amp volume, but I can't detect any sonic differences.post #11452 of 124654/25/13 at 2:04pmQuote:Quote:
Typically running the source output at near max and controlling the volume with the downstream amp is said to result in the best signal to noise ratio. Whether or not this is audible likely depends on the quality of your phones and ears.post #11453 of 124654/25/13 at 2:38pmpost #11454 of 124654/25/13 at 6:40pm
For me it has always been matching the output to input of the amp for the best dynamics without overloading the input......Also one needs to take into account the sweet spot on the amps volume potpost #11455 of 124654/25/13 at 11:07pmThread Starter
Firmware upgrade. Two thumbs UP. Very good drive and resolution. The DX has matured very well with this upgrade. The combination of my ESW10 JPN and the DX works very, very well together.post #11456 of 124654/25/13 at 11:07pmpost #11457 of 124654/26/13 at 12:35amQuote:
I tend to keep mine at the level I use for my CIEMs (210 ish, though depends on the track).
I have a memory like a sieve and risk blowing my ears when I go from home to portable as I never remember to adjust back...post #11458 of 124654/26/13 at 1:03amQuote:
updating now, haven't done this for a while, I skipped 1.3.7, I seem to remember it takes a fair old while and lots of patience and a long pause while it reindexes all the music
Edited by dc-k - 4/26/13 at 1:05ampost #11459 of 124654/26/13 at 1:31ampost #11460 of 124654/26/13 at 1:41am
For me, comparable with 1.2.7. variable incidence of clicks when set to native (bearable but not really gapless half the time), hopeless when set to 5 seconds (sounds like a scratch mix produced by low grade DJ for a couple of seconds before and after the change) and smooth but incomplete when set to 10 seconds (missing key notes at changeover).
Personally I prefer native...
- iBasso DX100:24 bit for bit, PG 1> Reviews & Impressions, Downloads, VIDEO, NEW Firmware 1.4.2.
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))
- › Little Dot Tube Amps: Vacuum Tube Rolling Guide 10 seconds ago
- › PC Enthusiast-Fi (PC Gaming/Parts/Overclocking) 57 seconds ago
- › PONO - Neil Youngs portable hi-res music player 1 minute ago
- › Recommendations for over ear headphones under $300 1 minute ago
- › Grado Fan Club! 3 minutes ago
- › Hifiman HE-4 Impressions Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Chi-Uni-Fi 8 Saturday, June 21, 2014 interest check thread! 3 minutes ago
- › Heir Audio 8.A with Magnus 1 Cable 3 minutes ago
- › The new guy - looking for headphones! 4 minutes ago
- › The (new) HD800 Appreciation Thread 5 minutes ago
- › Ultimate Ears 500 by echo1284
- › Musical Fidelity MF-100 High Quality On-Ear Headphones by astroid
- › Shure SE846 Sound Isolating™ Earphone by agistrilink
- › NCredible NErgy In-Ear Headphones by Monster® by tevbax
- › Audio-Technica ATH-M50x by De_klusjesman
- › Klipsch S3M-Blue-HP In-Ear Headphone, Blue by DaddyMojo
- › Unique Melody Mentor acrylic universal/custom by svyr
- › Fischer Audio TBA-04 IEM by exsomnis
- › Edifier H850 by ClieOS
- › Edifier USA Spinnaker Media Speaker System (Black) by project86
- › The Best BASS Headphones ( a Head-Fi Wiki) by Hawaiibadboy
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by joe
- › Adjusting bias on Stax tube amplifiers by ardilla
- › Headphone Power Calculator Spreadsheet by robrob
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Introduction) by jude