- 1,142 Posts. Joined 10/2012
- Location: Indonesia Jakarta
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
- productAudeze LCD2 Planar Magnetic Headphonestagged by System, 5/27/12
- brandAudiophile Productstagged by System, 2/10/12
- productiBasso DX100 Reference DAPtagged by System, 2/10/12
- productJDS Labs Assembled Objective2 Headphone Amplifiertagged by System, 5/27/12
- categoryPortable Source Componentstagged by System, 5/27/12
Related Forum Threads
- ++ FULL-SIZE HEADPHONE RECOMMENDATIONS THREAD++ CLOSED: Please post a thread in the... Last post on 6/6/13 at 4:16am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- [Comparison Review] Searching for accurate sounding closed cans under $100 (9 headphone models... Last post on 10/24/13 at 11:28pm in Headphones (full-size)
- first timer in need of guidance Last post on 4/3/13 at 1:33am in Headphones (full-size)
- Best dubstep headphones for $100? Last post on 3/16/13 at 6:19am in Headphones (full-size)
- Panasonic htf 600s vs Creative Aurvana Live Last post on 1/27/13 at 11:06pm in Headphones (full-size)
2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs)
Last edited: 2/5/14
- 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))Last edited: 12/20/13
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones...Last edited: 8/2/13
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs...Last edited: 7/26/13
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)Last edited: 8/19/13
Remember Edifier? The company that now owns Stax? I recently covered their e10 Exclaim desktop speakers and found them rather impressive for just $99. While making a nice budget speaker is...
This is my first review, so please bear with me if I'm not particularly clear. 1) This is a headphones that takes time to appreciate 2) 1/2 star for the sound quality, 4&1/2 star for getting...
The AH-D7100's immediately became my go-to headphones for daily use since the day I purchased them three weeks ago. They sound much fuller compared to my Beyerdynamic T5P's and produce high sound...
You get what you see. Nothing extra. CNT or "Carbon nano tube" diaphrams/drivers were developed by the Chinese (I studied this) and J.V.C was the first to mass produce it in their...
I could not recommend these headphones more, they sound better than anything else i have had the opportunity to listen to for more than five minutes. They take the best parts of the headphones i...
iBasso DX100:24 bit for bit, PG 1> Reviews & Impressions, Downloads, VIDEO, NEW Firmware 1.4.2. - Page 740post #11086 of 124653/15/13 at 11:19amI thought the tera player have no screen, instead of having non amp (it have a headphoneout), there is the imod series, or using hifimans player lineouts
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #11087 of 124653/15/13 at 12:47pmQuote:
Checked. I stand corrected. Tera Player has a BurrBrown amp. And no screen. :)post #11088 of 124653/15/13 at 2:17pmQuote:Originally Posted by AudioMan2013
A few things I found out about my DX 100 (that you may already know)
1. It gets the hottest when you are listening and charging at the same time.
2. At 60% battery, the sound quality degrades, it is not hifi, as dynamic, and doesn't pack a punch with LCD-2s.
3. Although the built in amp is decent, I find that a simple home made amp consisting of a decent op amp for voltage gain and LME49600 current buffer (running with 2 9V batteries) sounds better and has much more punch.
Does anyone know of any portable player that has a high quality dac but no built in amp?
I haven't noticed any degradation in SQ at any battery level. But then again I'm not usually listening with my LCD-2s, I'm usually using my IEMs.post #11089 of 124653/15/13 at 3:06pmQuote:
all portable players have built-in amp. But not all have a lineout option
if you are looking for a DAC only component and dont mind a triple stack, you might want to check out the Solo/Solo -dbpost #11090 of 124653/15/13 at 4:10pmQuote:
No. The DX100 really shines with a quality outboard amp.post #11091 of 124653/15/13 at 4:45pmpost #11092 of 124653/15/13 at 9:59pm
Just got my Dx100 in recently. Hooked up my HD650 as I no longer have an amp because I havent had time to use full sized headphones in a while and the DX made me remember why I love the HD650 so much. What an amazing dap. Only problem is, I would use it with IEMs 95% of the time and feel its a bit overkill for IEMs... Any thoughts?post #11093 of 124653/15/13 at 10:11pmpost #11094 of 124653/15/13 at 10:39pmpost #11095 of 124653/16/13 at 12:20ampost #11096 of 124653/16/13 at 3:32am
Recently tried the DX100 > Vorzuge Pure > JH13pro.
The incrementals were very small to the point it doesn't justify the extra bulk. this is despite pretty glowing reviews found online.
wonder if the Rendition 1 or Intruder would be better.post #11097 of 124653/16/13 at 4:00amQuote:
Tralucent T1 amp FTW my friend. That amp is unbeatable at it's price point and especially paired with the DX100. That was my reference sound. Amazing with IEMs (especially with the DX100 variable LO)..post #11098 of 124653/16/13 at 4:05amQuote:
+1 (here come the Tralucent Fanboys ;) )post #11099 of 124653/16/13 at 4:43amQuote:
Will check out the T1 amp.post #11100 of 124653/16/13 at 5:28amQuote:
Improvements with the R1 are best described as incremental as well
- iBasso DX100:24 bit for bit, PG 1> Reviews & Impressions, Downloads, VIDEO, NEW Firmware 1.4.2.
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))
- › JH Audio JH-13 PRO appreciation thread 1 minute ago
- › AKG K812 Pro 1 minute ago
- › Noble Audio - the Wizard returns! 2 minutes ago
- › Lets Talk Metal 3 minutes ago
- › [W] Fiio E12 shipped to Australia 4 minutes ago
- › New Custom-to-Universal IEMs: InEar StageDiver 2/3 4 minutes ago
- › The Dash - Wireless Smart In-Ear Headphones 5 minutes ago
- › The Fiio X3 Thread. 9 minutes ago
- › V-MODA M-100: Discussion/Feedback, Reviews, Pics, etc. 10 minutes ago
- › The FitEar CIEM Appreciation/Impressions Thread 11 minutes ago
- › Edifier USA Spinnaker Media Speaker System (Black) by project86
- › Aftershokz Sportz M2 AS320 Open Ear Sports Headphones by sensible
- › Denon AH-D7100 Music Maniac by sjp3003
- › JVC Kenwood Victer stereo headphones HA-SZ2000 japan import by Hawaiibadboy
- › PSB M4U 1 by yay101
- › SONY Stereo headphones black MDR-1RMK2/B by Nec3
- › Audio-Technica ATH-M50S by turbomustang84
- › Superlux HD669 by mang0
- › IFI Gemini usb cable by turo91
- › Sony Over-Ear Headphones - MDR-10R by a_recording
- › The Best BASS Headphones ( a Head-Fi Wiki) by Hawaiibadboy
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by joe
- › Adjusting bias on Stax tube amplifiers by ardilla
- › Headphone Power Calculator Spreadsheet by robrob
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Introduction) by jude