- 1,165 Posts. Joined 10/2012
- Location: Indonesia Jakarta
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
- productAudeze LCD2 Planar Magnetic Headphonestagged by System, 5/27/12
- brandAudiophile Productstagged by System, 2/10/12
- productiBasso DX100 Reference DAPtagged by System, 2/10/12
- productJDS Labs Assembled Objective2 Headphone Amplifiertagged by System, 5/27/12
- categoryPortable Source Componentstagged by System, 5/27/12
Related Forum Threads
- ++ FULL-SIZE HEADPHONE RECOMMENDATIONS THREAD++ CLOSED: Please post a thread in the... Last post on 6/6/13 at 4:16am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- [Comparison Review] Searching for accurate sounding closed cans under $100 (9 headphone models... Last post on 10/24/13 at 11:28pm in Headphones (full-size)
- first timer in need of guidance Last post on 4/3/13 at 1:33am in Headphones (full-size)
- Best dubstep headphones for $100? Last post on 3/16/13 at 6:19am in Headphones (full-size)
- Panasonic htf 600s vs Creative Aurvana Live Last post on 1/27/13 at 11:06pm in Headphones (full-size)
2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs)
Last edited: 2/5/14
- 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))Last edited: 12/20/13
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones...Last edited: 8/2/13
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs...Last edited: 7/26/13
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)Last edited: 8/19/13
I purchased this on Amazon from a vendor that had a combined listing for the older model and newer E07 Andes. So I received the new model at the old model price and saved about $20. So that was...
These earphones are slightly overpriced compared to some competitive earphones. I think. I love the over-ear construction and the isolation is superb. The sound quality is impressive and...
Have had these for 3 months after losing a pair of Pioneer HDJ 500s. Preferred the look and build quality of the Pioneers, but the Sonys look ok and fold up nicely. The HDJ 500s didn't fold, but...
I think some of the reviews above have missed the real point of the i-20 for audiophiles, it provides an excellent spdif output from an iPod. Used with an external DAC the sound is excellent and...
Thanks to slwiser, Spidermeng and Woody469 for some of the pictures used in this video.
iBasso DX100:24 bit for bit, PG 1> Reviews & Impressions, Downloads, VIDEO, NEW Firmware 1.4.2. - Page 740post #11086 of 125393/15/13 at 11:19amI thought the tera player have no screen, instead of having non amp (it have a headphoneout), there is the imod series, or using hifimans player lineouts
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #11087 of 125393/15/13 at 12:47pmQuote:
Checked. I stand corrected. Tera Player has a BurrBrown amp. And no screen. :)post #11088 of 125393/15/13 at 2:17pmQuote:Originally Posted by AudioMan2013
A few things I found out about my DX 100 (that you may already know)
1. It gets the hottest when you are listening and charging at the same time.
2. At 60% battery, the sound quality degrades, it is not hifi, as dynamic, and doesn't pack a punch with LCD-2s.
3. Although the built in amp is decent, I find that a simple home made amp consisting of a decent op amp for voltage gain and LME49600 current buffer (running with 2 9V batteries) sounds better and has much more punch.
Does anyone know of any portable player that has a high quality dac but no built in amp?
I haven't noticed any degradation in SQ at any battery level. But then again I'm not usually listening with my LCD-2s, I'm usually using my IEMs.post #11089 of 125393/15/13 at 3:06pmQuote:
all portable players have built-in amp. But not all have a lineout option
if you are looking for a DAC only component and dont mind a triple stack, you might want to check out the Solo/Solo -dbpost #11090 of 125393/15/13 at 4:10pmQuote:
No. The DX100 really shines with a quality outboard amp.post #11091 of 125393/15/13 at 4:45pmpost #11092 of 125393/15/13 at 9:59pm
Just got my Dx100 in recently. Hooked up my HD650 as I no longer have an amp because I havent had time to use full sized headphones in a while and the DX made me remember why I love the HD650 so much. What an amazing dap. Only problem is, I would use it with IEMs 95% of the time and feel its a bit overkill for IEMs... Any thoughts?post #11093 of 125393/15/13 at 10:11pmpost #11094 of 125393/15/13 at 10:39pmpost #11095 of 125393/16/13 at 12:20ampost #11096 of 125393/16/13 at 3:32am
Recently tried the DX100 > Vorzuge Pure > JH13pro.
The incrementals were very small to the point it doesn't justify the extra bulk. this is despite pretty glowing reviews found online.
wonder if the Rendition 1 or Intruder would be better.post #11097 of 125393/16/13 at 4:00amQuote:
Tralucent T1 amp FTW my friend. That amp is unbeatable at it's price point and especially paired with the DX100. That was my reference sound. Amazing with IEMs (especially with the DX100 variable LO)..post #11098 of 125393/16/13 at 4:05amQuote:
+1 (here come the Tralucent Fanboys ;) )post #11099 of 125393/16/13 at 4:43amQuote:
Will check out the T1 amp.post #11100 of 125393/16/13 at 5:28amQuote:
Improvements with the R1 are best described as incremental as well
- iBasso DX100:24 bit for bit, PG 1> Reviews & Impressions, Downloads, VIDEO, NEW Firmware 1.4.2.
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))
- › **Hifiman HE-400 Impressions and Discussion Thread** 56 seconds ago
- › Steelseries Flux In-ear hard to adjust correctly into ear. 1 minute ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 3 minutes ago
- › sennheiser HD 558 3 minutes ago
- › HifiMAN HE-6 Planar Magnetic Headphone 4 minutes ago
- › Fiio X5 Thread - info updated on Jan 17th 2014 4 minutes ago
- › HDTracks is now blocked in Canada 5 minutes ago
- › MCINTOSH LABS INTRODUCES NEW HEADPHONE AMP MODEL MHA 100 5 minutes ago
- › The Sad State Of The So Called Audiophile DAP Market 5 minutes ago
- › Oppo PM-1: A New Planar Magnetic Headphone! 7 minutes ago
- › FiiO Andes (E07K) Portable USB DAC and Headphone Amplifier -... by originalsnuffy
- › Shure SE535-V Earphone by david8090
- › Sony MDR-V55/BR DJ style Headphones by Vero Golf Champ
- › Pure i20 iPod Dock by Gruffnutz
- › Astell & Kern AK240 by Currawong
- › Shure SE215 Special Edition by TherryK13
- › V-MODA XS by Tom22
- › Sony MDR-XD100 Stereo Headphones by xflight297
- › RAZER Kraken Pro Circumaural Analog Gaming Headset - Black by Bonny
- › HifiMan Electronics HM-700 DAC with RE-400b Balanced In-Ear... by lin0003
- › Westone latest universal iem flagship was the... by majedelamine
- › How to find the Tokyo e-earphone shop by Currawong
- › The Best BASS Headphones ( a Head-Fi Wiki) by Hawaiibadboy
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by joe
- › Adjusting bias on Stax tube amplifiers by ardilla
- › Headphone Power Calculator Spreadsheet by robrob
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob