- 1,165 Posts. Joined 10/2012
- Location: Indonesia Jakarta
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
- productAudeze LCD2 Planar Magnetic Headphonestagged by System, 5/27/12
- brandAudiophile Productstagged by System, 2/10/12
- productiBasso DX100 Reference DAPtagged by System, 2/10/12
- productJDS Labs Assembled Objective2 Headphone Amplifiertagged by System, 5/27/12
- categoryPortable Source Componentstagged by System, 5/27/12
Related Forum Threads
- ++ FULL-SIZE HEADPHONE RECOMMENDATIONS THREAD++ CLOSED: Please post a thread in the... Last post on 6/6/13 at 4:16am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- [Comparison Review] Searching for accurate sounding closed cans under $100 (9 headphone models... Last post on 10/24/13 at 11:28pm in Headphones (full-size)
- first timer in need of guidance Last post on 4/3/13 at 1:33am in Headphones (full-size)
- Best dubstep headphones for $100? Last post on 3/16/13 at 6:19am in Headphones (full-size)
- Panasonic htf 600s vs Creative Aurvana Live Last post on 1/27/13 at 11:06pm in Headphones (full-size)
2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs)
Last edited: 2/5/14
- 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))Last edited: 12/20/13
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones...Last edited: 8/2/13
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs...Last edited: 7/26/13
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)Last edited: 8/19/13
Been looking for some new closed headphones, with only three at the moment and for some time in fact. Good ones, though: Sony MDR Z1000, Sony MDR 7520, and Senn Amperiors, Sometimes you just...
There are many great headphones in this SUB-$150 category , I have a good amount of headphones in the range and have tried a good enough of them to know what to expect in this category The...
(Note - XL ear pads are installed. The sound will be judged based on that.) Introduction: I purchased these headphones mainly out of curiosity. I was reading reviews and watching youtubers...
Accessories: Includes a pouch and cable. Pouch is well-built, compact, and stylish. Soft, flexible cable has never tangled for me in my time with it. Right angled jack is durable and well-relieved....
First off, I would like to thank Noisehush for sending me the NX85's! I'll get into the review now. Packaging: The NX85 come in a sturdy black card board box. It is all black, except the...
iBasso DX100:24 bit for bit, PG 1> Reviews & Impressions, Downloads, VIDEO, NEW Firmware 1.4.2. - Page 740post #11086 of 125393/15/13 at 11:19amI thought the tera player have no screen, instead of having non amp (it have a headphoneout), there is the imod series, or using hifimans player lineouts
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #11087 of 125393/15/13 at 12:47pmQuote:
Checked. I stand corrected. Tera Player has a BurrBrown amp. And no screen. :)post #11088 of 125393/15/13 at 2:17pmQuote:Originally Posted by AudioMan2013
A few things I found out about my DX 100 (that you may already know)
1. It gets the hottest when you are listening and charging at the same time.
2. At 60% battery, the sound quality degrades, it is not hifi, as dynamic, and doesn't pack a punch with LCD-2s.
3. Although the built in amp is decent, I find that a simple home made amp consisting of a decent op amp for voltage gain and LME49600 current buffer (running with 2 9V batteries) sounds better and has much more punch.
Does anyone know of any portable player that has a high quality dac but no built in amp?
I haven't noticed any degradation in SQ at any battery level. But then again I'm not usually listening with my LCD-2s, I'm usually using my IEMs.post #11089 of 125393/15/13 at 3:06pmQuote:
all portable players have built-in amp. But not all have a lineout option
if you are looking for a DAC only component and dont mind a triple stack, you might want to check out the Solo/Solo -dbpost #11090 of 125393/15/13 at 4:10pmQuote:
No. The DX100 really shines with a quality outboard amp.post #11091 of 125393/15/13 at 4:45pmpost #11092 of 125393/15/13 at 9:59pm
Just got my Dx100 in recently. Hooked up my HD650 as I no longer have an amp because I havent had time to use full sized headphones in a while and the DX made me remember why I love the HD650 so much. What an amazing dap. Only problem is, I would use it with IEMs 95% of the time and feel its a bit overkill for IEMs... Any thoughts?post #11093 of 125393/15/13 at 10:11pmpost #11094 of 125393/15/13 at 10:39pmpost #11095 of 125393/16/13 at 12:20ampost #11096 of 125393/16/13 at 3:32am
Recently tried the DX100 > Vorzuge Pure > JH13pro.
The incrementals were very small to the point it doesn't justify the extra bulk. this is despite pretty glowing reviews found online.
wonder if the Rendition 1 or Intruder would be better.post #11097 of 125393/16/13 at 4:00amQuote:
Tralucent T1 amp FTW my friend. That amp is unbeatable at it's price point and especially paired with the DX100. That was my reference sound. Amazing with IEMs (especially with the DX100 variable LO)..post #11098 of 125393/16/13 at 4:05amQuote:
+1 (here come the Tralucent Fanboys ;) )post #11099 of 125393/16/13 at 4:43amQuote:
Will check out the T1 amp.post #11100 of 125393/16/13 at 5:28amQuote:
Improvements with the R1 are best described as incremental as well
- iBasso DX100:24 bit for bit, PG 1> Reviews & Impressions, Downloads, VIDEO, NEW Firmware 1.4.2.
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))
- › Review + Appreciation thread: Final Audio Design Pandora Hope VI... 11 seconds ago
- › An Ohm is an Ohm is an Ohm? amplifying IEMs vs full-size 43 seconds ago
- › New Custom-to-Universal IEMs: InEar StageDiver 2/3 47 seconds ago
- › Chord Hugo 1 minute ago
- › Sony NWZ-ZX1 - 35th Walkman Anniversary model 1 minute ago
- › Will the Audioengine D1 be sufficient to power the Mad Dogs? 2 minutes ago
- › The DX90 by iBasso . . . please post your reviews and impressions.... 2 minutes ago
- › Official plans for firmware updates for the X3 after version 2.10! 3 minutes ago
- › REVIEW: Ostry KC06 3 minutes ago
- › ios 7.1.1 not compatible with E07k through CCK? 5 minutes ago
- › Yamaha PRO 500 by zazex
- › Ultrasone HFI-450 by MrTechAgent
- › V-MODA Crossfade M-100 by zach8278
- › Ultimate Ears UE4000 Headphones by gopats1479
- › NoiseHush NX85 Stereo 3.5mm Headset with Mic - Retail Packaging -... by Mathewsa
- › LHLabs Geek Out by bhazard
- › Monster Inspiration by betterthan1122
- › Meridian Explorer by zolkis
- › Beyerdynamic T51P Tesla Headphone - Silver by twister6
- › FiiO E17 by zach8278
- › How to find the Tokyo e-earphone shop by Currawong
- › The Best BASS Headphones ( a Head-Fi Wiki) by Hawaiibadboy
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by joe
- › Adjusting bias on Stax tube amplifiers by ardilla
- › Headphone Power Calculator Spreadsheet by robrob
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide by jude