- 922 Posts. Joined 10/2012
- Location: Indonesia Jakarta
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
- productAudeze LCD2 Planar Magnetic Headphonestagged by System, 5/28/12
- brandAudiophile Productstagged by System, 2/11/12
- productiBasso DX100 Reference DAPtagged by System, 2/11/12
- productJDS Labs Assembled Objective2 Headphone Amplifiertagged by System, 5/28/12
- categoryPortable Source Componentstagged by System, 5/28/12
Related Forum Threads
- ++ FULL-SIZE HEADPHONE RECOMMENDATIONS THREAD++ CLOSED: Please post a thread in the... Last post on 6/6/13 at 4:16am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- [Comparison Review] Searching for accurate sounding closed cans under $100 (9 headphone models... Last post on 10/24/13 at 11:28pm in Headphones (full-size)
- first timer in need of guidance Last post on 4/3/13 at 1:33am in Headphones (full-size)
- Best dubstep headphones for $100? Last post on 3/16/13 at 6:19am in Headphones (full-size)
- Panasonic htf 600s vs Creative Aurvana Live Last post on 1/27/13 at 11:06pm in Headphones (full-size)
2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs)
Last edited: 12/4/13
- 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))Last edited: 12/5/13
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones...Last edited: 8/2/13
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs...Last edited: 7/26/13
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)Last edited: 8/19/13
Comparing these to my Philips L1 and my Beyer T1 they have a lot more mid-bass through midrange and are slightly tilted toward the high. They sound great but quite a bit different sound signature...
DISCLAIMER This review is based on the demo set at Jaben Singapore, which I have demoed extensively no less than 3 times. Though fit is pretty good, but as perfect fit is not achieved, I shall...
Sound Quality Straight out of the box, it sounded great, pretty much like the original CAL!. I’ve done over 100 hours of burn-in. DAC is FiiO E10. As I mentioned in one of the posts, it reminded...
The smallest, toughest, yet great sounding player you can buy. Though that really depends on your luck, but it can be found for as low as 20 euros on eBay, other classifieds, or your local...
My audio chain is MP3@320 or FLAC > HiFimeDIY USB Isolator > HiFimeDIY Sabre U2 > Fiio 6" cable > Objective2 w/ 16v 400mA adapter > M-Audio Q40. There isn't much I have to add to other...
iBasso DX100:24 bit for bit, PG 1> Reviews & Impressions, Downloads, VIDEO, NEW Firmware 1.4.2. - Page 740post #11086 of 122913/15/13 at 11:19amI thought the tera player have no screen, instead of having non amp (it have a headphoneout), there is the imod series, or using hifimans player lineouts
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #11087 of 122913/15/13 at 12:47pmQuote:
Checked. I stand corrected. Tera Player has a BurrBrown amp. And no screen. :)post #11088 of 122913/15/13 at 2:17pmQuote:Originally Posted by AudioMan2013
A few things I found out about my DX 100 (that you may already know)
1. It gets the hottest when you are listening and charging at the same time.
2. At 60% battery, the sound quality degrades, it is not hifi, as dynamic, and doesn't pack a punch with LCD-2s.
3. Although the built in amp is decent, I find that a simple home made amp consisting of a decent op amp for voltage gain and LME49600 current buffer (running with 2 9V batteries) sounds better and has much more punch.
Does anyone know of any portable player that has a high quality dac but no built in amp?
I haven't noticed any degradation in SQ at any battery level. But then again I'm not usually listening with my LCD-2s, I'm usually using my IEMs.post #11089 of 122913/15/13 at 3:06pmQuote:
all portable players have built-in amp. But not all have a lineout option
if you are looking for a DAC only component and dont mind a triple stack, you might want to check out the Solo/Solo -dbpost #11090 of 122913/15/13 at 4:10pmQuote:
No. The DX100 really shines with a quality outboard amp.post #11091 of 122913/15/13 at 4:45pmpost #11092 of 122913/15/13 at 9:59pm
Just got my Dx100 in recently. Hooked up my HD650 as I no longer have an amp because I havent had time to use full sized headphones in a while and the DX made me remember why I love the HD650 so much. What an amazing dap. Only problem is, I would use it with IEMs 95% of the time and feel its a bit overkill for IEMs... Any thoughts?post #11093 of 122913/15/13 at 10:11pmpost #11094 of 122913/15/13 at 10:39pmpost #11095 of 122913/16/13 at 12:20ampost #11096 of 122913/16/13 at 3:32am
Recently tried the DX100 > Vorzuge Pure > JH13pro.
The incrementals were very small to the point it doesn't justify the extra bulk. this is despite pretty glowing reviews found online.
wonder if the Rendition 1 or Intruder would be better.post #11097 of 122913/16/13 at 4:00amQuote:
Tralucent T1 amp FTW my friend. That amp is unbeatable at it's price point and especially paired with the DX100. That was my reference sound. Amazing with IEMs (especially with the DX100 variable LO)..post #11098 of 122913/16/13 at 4:05amQuote:
+1 (here come the Tralucent Fanboys ;) )post #11099 of 122913/16/13 at 4:43amQuote:
Will check out the T1 amp.post #11100 of 122913/16/13 at 5:28amQuote:
Improvements with the R1 are best described as incremental as well
- iBasso DX100:24 bit for bit, PG 1> Reviews & Impressions, Downloads, VIDEO, NEW Firmware 1.4.2.
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))
- › PC Enthusiast-Fi (PC Gaming/Parts/Overclocking) 19 seconds ago
- › RE262 broke, looking to replace with Vsonic GR07 29 seconds ago
- › What Are You Listening To Right Now? -New thread, new rules. Please... 37 seconds ago
- › Geek Pulse: Geek desktop DAC/AMP by Light Harmonics 50 seconds ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 1 minute ago
- › Denon AH-D5000 Like new 2 minutes ago
- › EarSonics S-EM6 Six driver universal IEM 2 minutes ago
- › Fostex TH900 Impressions & Discussion Thread 2 minutes ago
- › REVIEW - Yulong Audio Sabre DA8 Reference DAC 3 minutes ago
- › The Beyerdynamic DT880 Appreciation / Discussion thread 3 minutes ago
- › Perfect Sound d901b by gelocks
- › Sony MDR-7520 Professional Headphones by groovyd
- › FitEar Private C435 Custom In-Ear Monitors by Joe-Siow
- › Creative Aurvana Live! 2 Headset with 40mm Drivers and In-Line Mic... by kingpage
- › Sony NWZ-A818 8GB by stuartfang
- › M-Audio Studiophile Q40 Closed-back Dynamic Headphones by adevriesc
- › Samson SR950 by adevriesc
- › Yamaha HPH-200 Headphone (Black) by adevriesc
- › Skullcandy INK'D Earbuds (Green) by Bassbanger101
- › Q-Audio French Silk Cable by WNBC
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Introduction) by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by skehoe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by cristina
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Desktop Amps... by warrenpchi
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Portable... by warrenpchi
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Desktop &... by warrenpchi