Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Source Gear › iBasso DX100:24 bit for bit, PG 1> Reviews & Impressions, Downloads, VIDEO, NEW Firmware 1.4.2.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

iBasso DX100:24 bit for bit, PG 1> Reviews & Impressions, Downloads, VIDEO, NEW Firmware 1.4.2. - Page 730

post #10936 of 12777

I don't have mp3tag. I'm using this program to deal with my tags, and I trust it:

 

http://sbooth.org/Tag/

 

I have this album in ALAC as my original source. I transcoded it to FLAC using Max. The tags are identical in each. Interestingly, the DX100 plays the ALAC tracks in correct order, but not the FLAC tracks. According to the Tag program, the tags are fine. I tried deleting all the tags, saving, then re-creating each tag manually. DX100 behaves the same.

 

Here's a screenshot of what Tag says (click to embiggen):

 

 

post #10937 of 12777

Also worth noting, this isn't happening to all of the ALAC->FLAC conversions I did, just a few of them. Moving Pictures is the other I'm aware of right now.

post #10938 of 12777

Hmm well I never had issues with my files showing up in order as long as the tags are listed as 01, 02, 03, 04 instead of 1, 2, 3, 4. So try give what I posted above a try and see if that fixes your issue. Because all my tags worked properly in FLAC. I even had to do the same for my playlists to get them to line up in order (Favorite Rock 01 to Favorite Rock 14).
 

post #10939 of 12777

lee730, unless I misread what you said (apologies in advance if so), I am already doing what you said - take a look at the screenshot.

post #10940 of 12777
Quote:
Originally Posted by lerxst View Post

lee730, unless I misread what you said (apologies in advance if so), I am already doing what you said - take a look at the screenshot.

 

Which method do you use to access the files? Folder view? Albums, Playlists? I know playlists where having issues showing the files in reverse... Otherwise I'm not sure what is wrong if you followed my suggestion above. That always worked when I had my DX100 although I mainly used playlist to access my music.

post #10941 of 12777

Apparently if I access the files using "Directory", things seem to be fine. It is only under "Albums" where some albums play in the wrong order. This is cumbersome because I have two places to look for all my music, the internal memory and the SD card. I shall add this to my growing "List of DX100 quirks that make me want to run head first into a freight train" (I am unusually sensitive to user interface, don't mind me!)

 

lee730, thank you for the help! I really appreciate it. This is a great community :)

post #10942 of 12777

Another question for you fine folks: At the moment, I'm using UE TF10s with the DX100 (until my custom UE PRMs are delivered) and normally, I use the Low gain setting. However today I read about some people preferring the sound of the High gain setting, but obviously you have to run the volume lower.

 

So I tried that today and it was fun, however I started walking across the room with the player in my hand - fingers nowhere near the volume buttons - and when I set the player down on my desk, the volume suddenly SKYROCKETED WAY high for half a second and then went back to normal. Can I trust this thing not to destroy me in High gain mode on IEMs? Or am I just asking for trouble and should leave it on Low?

post #10943 of 12777
Quote:
Originally Posted by lerxst View Post

Apparently if I access the files using "Directory", things seem to be fine. It is only under "Albums" where some albums play in the wrong order. This is cumbersome because I have two places to look for all my music, the internal memory and the SD card. I shall add this to my growing "List of DX100 quirks that make me want to run head first into a freight train" (I am unusually sensitive to user interface, don't mind me!)

 

lee730, thank you for the help! I really appreciate it. This is a great community :)


You're welcome. If you can try things via playlist that may be more to your licking. That is if they fixed the bugs on 1.3.7 with playlists orders showing up backwards :(..... That wasn't and issue on 1.2.7 but you had to sync the playlists in order if you want them to show up alphabetized. So many retarded quirks as you say but the unit sounds so damn good lol :P.

post #10944 of 12777
Quote:
Originally Posted by lerxst View Post

Another question for you fine folks: At the moment, I'm using UE TF10s with the DX100 (until my custom UE PRMs are delivered) and normally, I use the Low gain setting. However today I read about some people preferring the sound of the High gain setting, but obviously you have to run the volume lower.

 

So I tried that today and it was fun, however I started walking across the room with the player in my hand - fingers nowhere near the volume buttons - and when I set the player down on my desk, the volume suddenly SKYROCKETED WAY high for half a second and then went back to normal. Can I trust this thing not to destroy me in High gain mode on IEMs? Or am I just asking for trouble and should leave it on Low?


I use to use medium gain a lot as it seemed to bring the best of both worlds. High gain was a tad too aggressive for my liking (too forward). I would suggest you be careful not to activate the volume control while the screen is on or you could very well destroy your IEM and your ear drums :(. I've had the unit shoot up on me before though while in my pocket but I had a lot more time to react than I would by manually shooting it up via the screen lol.


Edited by lee730 - 3/2/13 at 3:13am
post #10945 of 12777

I had some issues with some of my albums that were in ogg-vorbis playing out of order.  I tried everything, just like you.  Then xnuthecaveman recommended DriveSort (http://www.anerty.net/software/file/DriveSort/) and it worked really well.    

 

I have so far not had any issues with flac files playing out of order.

 

You have some interesting problems!  wink.gif  beerchug.gif

post #10946 of 12777
Quote:
Originally Posted by lerxst View Post

Another question for you fine folks: At the moment, I'm using UE TF10s with the DX100 (until my custom UE PRMs are delivered) and normally, I use the Low gain setting. However today I read about some people preferring the sound of the High gain setting, but obviously you have to run the volume lower.

 

So I tried that today and it was fun, however I started walking across the room with the player in my hand - fingers nowhere near the volume buttons - and when I set the player down on my desk, the volume suddenly SKYROCKETED WAY high for half a second and then went back to normal. Can I trust this thing not to destroy me in High gain mode on IEMs? Or am I just asking for trouble and should leave it on Low?

Early on I recall a couple of folks commenting that they had this happen to them.  I find it pretty scary as my tinnitus would probably rage for two weeks after if this happened to me.  So far it hasn't.  I didn't used to, but lately I always turn off the screen with a brief power screen push if I'm carrying the unit around.

 

I use medium gain for all of my headphones (IEM's included) and for me it seems the sweet spot.

post #10947 of 12777

I had the sudden loud problem before, but that went away after upgraded to fw 1.3.5 and beyond

post #10948 of 12777

Regarding my problem with the DX100 playing albums in the wrong order, the following fixed it:

 

(1) First, verify all your tags are correct and sane (mine were).

 

(2) Completely delete the music in question from your DX100.

 

(3) Unmount, disconnect USB, wait for the DX100 to re-index your catalog. This is the most important step: letting it re-index and noticing the music is gone.

 

(4) Re-connect USB, mount, copy the music back over.

 

(5) Unmount, disconnect USB, wait for the DX100 to re-index your catalog again.

 

Further note for you Unix types out there: don't use rsync for copying music to the DX100, as the way rsync uses temporary file names during transfer and then renaming them when complete, I think, is the reason the DX100 was ordering these songs incorrectly. It seems to care more about the order files were written to the media than the actual tagged track number, which is completely ******* braindead, but then again, this is the DX100 we're talking about here. Wouldn't want to blow anyone's mind with sane media handling!

post #10949 of 12777

Why use rsync when you can just drag and drop anyway?

post #10950 of 12777
Quote:
Originally Posted by nelamvr6 View Post

Why use rsync when you can just drag and drop anyway?

I prefer using the cli for file management, and since copying to the DX100 is so slow, I wanted a progress indicator while waiting (using --progress with rsync). Now I just copy regularly and do something else for a while :)

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Portable Source Gear
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Source Gear › iBasso DX100:24 bit for bit, PG 1> Reviews & Impressions, Downloads, VIDEO, NEW Firmware 1.4.2.