I can imagine! I'm giving mine a serious workout right now!
Recent Images In This Thread
- productAudeze LCD2 Planar Magnetic Headphonestagged by System, 5/27/12
- brandAudiophile Productstagged by System, 2/10/12
- productiBasso DX100 Reference DAPtagged by System, 2/10/12
- productJDS Labs Assembled Objective2 Headphone Amplifiertagged by System, 5/27/12
- categoryPortable Source Componentstagged by System, 5/27/12
Related Forum Threads
- ++ FULL-SIZE HEADPHONE RECOMMENDATIONS THREAD++ CLOSED: Please post a thread in the... Last post on 6/6/13 at 4:16am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- [Comparison Review] Searching for accurate sounding closed cans under $100 (9 headphone models... Last post on 10/24/13 at 11:28pm in Headphones (full-size)
- first timer in need of guidance Last post on 4/3/13 at 1:33am in Headphones (full-size)
- Best dubstep headphones for $100? Last post on 3/16/13 at 6:19am in Headphones (full-size)
- Panasonic htf 600s vs Creative Aurvana Live Last post on 1/27/13 at 11:06pm in Headphones (full-size)
2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs)
Last edited: 12/4/13
- 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))Last edited: 12/5/13
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones...Last edited: 8/2/13
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs...Last edited: 7/26/13
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)Last edited: 8/19/13
first thing first , if you have doubts , please let me clear them , these are some of the best $20 phones in this world . secondly , thanks to razzer001 , thanks man ,...
OVERVIEW The Effect Studio Thor Silver IEM Upgrade cable is the new flagship made from quad-braided pure UPOCC silver that has been cryo treated and put together with Cardas silver solder. The...
So, I've owned the 4.A and 4.ai as well as the ER4S and wanted to try something different. In retrospect, I almost pulled the trigger on the Noble 4, but I recall that the infamous dip with the...
These hurt my head almost right away. The good sound quality is not noticeable when my ears and head hurts. Having said that, the price is low and if you don't like them then just return them.
This will be a short review based on maybe on 12-15 hours of use. If you think that's not long enough you can skip it. I was a bit worried that this would be some cheap gimmicky toy amp because...
iBasso DX100:24 bit for bit, PG 1> Reviews & Impressions, Downloads, VIDEO, NEW Firmware 1.4.2. - Page 728post #10906 of 122963/1/13 at 1:05am
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #10907 of 122963/1/13 at 1:58am
About once a night my DX100 will randomly skip the song the rest of the song it's currently playing and go to some other song. It doesn't seem to be the files I'm playing (I can go back and play the same song and it will work just fine, and it can happen in any song). I'm running 1.3.7 and I just did a full reset yesterday. How can I fix this?post #10908 of 122963/1/13 at 2:11amQuote:Originally Posted by lerxst
About once a night my DX100 will randomly skip the song the rest of the song it's currently playing and go to some other song. It doesn't seem to be the files I'm playing (I can go back and play the same song and it will work just fine, and it can happen in any song). I'm running 1.3.7 and I just did a full reset yesterday. How can I fix this?
I had that issue even on an older firmware. Like the player crashes and then reverts back to the starting song from the song list directory. This almost gave me a heart attack as I was burning in my IEMs with a burn in file at very high volumes. But the burn in file has breaks in it. Music doesn't have those breaks lol :P.post #10909 of 122963/1/13 at 2:24ampost #10910 of 122963/1/13 at 4:12amQuote:
It's not so much the cold directly, but the conditions that create low humidity and static electricity. Where I live that's through much of the winter.post #10911 of 122963/1/13 at 8:14amQuote:
I guess we have to put it in the ESD bag in winter...
Edited by AlanHell - 3/1/13 at 8:16ampost #10912 of 122963/1/13 at 8:25ampost #10913 of 122963/1/13 at 12:53pmpost #10914 of 122963/1/13 at 12:55pmQuote:Originally Posted by jamato8
I am using some Porta Pros modified right now, really good sound in combination with the DX100. I have been comparing the DX to the AK100 for a while now and the AK100 just sounds flat and angular compared to the DX100. It is a nice small package but the sound quality isn't up there. It isn't 3D like the DX100 can be.
Thanks for the shout out to modded Porta Pros. I don't feel quite so alone now..post #10915 of 122963/1/13 at 1:02pmQuote:
Is it always the same files, or is it random?post #10916 of 122963/1/13 at 1:03pmpost #10917 of 122963/1/13 at 1:07pm
It's quite random. When it happens, I almost always tell it to go back to the file I was playing, and it plays straight through. But then some time later it will happen again. I'm working on a theory it might be that the DX100 doesn't like high resolution ALAC files.post #10918 of 122963/1/13 at 1:28pmQuote:
Hmmmm.... I'm afraid I can't help you there, I don't use ALAC. Are the files it has trouble with always the same resolution?post #10919 of 122963/1/13 at 1:31pm
Hard to say, as I haven't spent much time playing anything other than my high res ALAC. So what I'm going to do is transcode all of my high res ALAC (which isn't a whole lot) to FLAC and keep going and see if my problems magically disappear. Thanks for the help!
- iBasso DX100:24 bit for bit, PG 1> Reviews & Impressions, Downloads, VIDEO, NEW Firmware 1.4.2.
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))
- › Beats by Dre Solo HD vs. Bose QuietComfort 15 11 seconds ago
- › 2359glenn | studio 15 seconds ago
- › Looking for headphones for metal music; my budget is $0 - 300 28 seconds ago
- › [REVIEW] Logitech UE9000 - Ultimate Ears HEADPHONES Released! The... 34 seconds ago
- › Pictures Of Your High End System II (Same Rules Apply) 43 seconds ago
- › Best IEM for a bass head? 46 seconds ago
- › = Hifiman HE500 & HE400 Jergpad Mod v2.5 = (Modulor orders updated... 1 minute ago
- › A free parametric equalizer for Windows Vista, 7, and 8 that... 1 minute ago
- › The Audeze LCD-2 Ortho thread (New) 3 minutes ago
- › Sony NWZ-ZX1 - 35th Walkman Anniversary model 3 minutes ago
- › Brainwavz Delta by suman134
- › Effect Audio Thor cable by average_joe
- › Heir Audio Tzar 350 by alpha421
- › Panasonic RP-HC720-K Over Ear Headphones Noise Canceling 95% by oostrov
- › iFi iCAN headphone amplifier by tdockweiler
- › COWON J3 32 GB Portable Media Player (Black) by lexangl
- › Creative Aurvana Live! 2 Headset with 40mm Drivers and In-Line Mic... by TThorsen
- › EB92 In-Ear MicroFit Monitors by MadMusicJunkie
- › Sennheiser HD-518 by xoriac
- › Roland RH-200 Monitor Headphones by IEMagnet01
- › Headphone Power Calculator Spreadsheet by robrob
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Introduction) by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by skehoe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Desktop Amps... by warrenpchi
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Portable... by warrenpchi
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide... by joe