Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Source Gear › iBasso DX100:24 bit for bit, PG 1> Reviews & Impressions, Downloads, VIDEO, NEW Firmware 1.4.2.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

iBasso DX100:24 bit for bit, PG 1> Reviews & Impressions, Downloads, VIDEO, NEW Firmware 1.4.2. - Page 728

post #10906 of 12738

I can imagine!  I'm giving mine a serious workout right now!   ksc75smile.gif

post #10907 of 12738

About once a night my DX100 will randomly skip the song the rest of the song it's currently playing and go to some other song. It doesn't seem to be the files I'm playing (I can go back and play the same song and it will work just fine, and it can happen in any song). I'm running 1.3.7 and I just did a full reset yesterday. How can I fix this?

post #10908 of 12738
Quote:
Originally Posted by lerxst View Post

About once a night my DX100 will randomly skip the song the rest of the song it's currently playing and go to some other song. It doesn't seem to be the files I'm playing (I can go back and play the same song and it will work just fine, and it can happen in any song). I'm running 1.3.7 and I just did a full reset yesterday. How can I fix this?


I had that issue even on an older firmware. Like the player crashes and then reverts back to the starting song from the song list directory. This almost gave me a heart attack as I was burning in my IEMs with a burn in file at very high volumes. But the burn in file has breaks in it. Music doesn't have those breaks lol :P.

post #10909 of 12738

Do you have any other programs or services running?

post #10910 of 12738
Quote:
Originally Posted by hkppl View Post

Maybe the winter here in HK is not as cold as that in Toronto (lowest temperature last year was around 6-7C in street), so I don't get any problem on my dx100, living happily with it now after fw 1.3.7 beyersmile.png

It's not so much the cold directly, but the conditions that create low humidity and static electricity.  Where I live that's through much of the winter. 

post #10911 of 12738
Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfen68 View Post

Well, that's what I had...using an IEM and the DX100 was in a cloth case on my belt.

I guess we have to put it in the ESD bag in winter...
Edited by AlanHell - 3/1/13 at 8:16am
post #10912 of 12738
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pudu View Post

What is it about this thread that attracts so many of them?

Problems my friend problems!

post #10913 of 12738

Absolutely no other programs or services running. I hard reset it, put new firmware on, hard reset again, and put my music on. I haven't even once connected it to my wifi.

post #10914 of 12738
Quote:
Originally Posted by jamato8 View Post


I am using some Porta Pros modified right now, really good sound in combination with the DX100. I have been comparing the DX to the AK100 for a while now and the AK100 just sounds flat and angular compared to the DX100. It is a nice small package but the sound quality isn't up there. It isn't 3D like the DX100 can be.

 

Thanks for the shout out to modded Porta Pros.  I don't feel quite so alone now..  biggrin.gif

post #10915 of 12738
Quote:
Originally Posted by lerxst View Post

Absolutely no other programs or services running. I hard reset it, put new firmware on, hard reset again, and put my music on. I haven't even once connected it to my wifi.

 

Is it always the same files, or is it random?

post #10916 of 12738
Quote:
Originally Posted by zackhugh View Post

 

Thanks for the shout out to modded Porta Pros.  I don't feel quite so alone now..  biggrin.gif

 

Exactly what mods have you done to the PortaPros?

post #10917 of 12738

It's quite random. When it happens, I almost always tell it to go back to the file I was playing, and it plays straight through. But then some time later it will happen again. I'm working on a theory it might be that the DX100 doesn't like high resolution ALAC files. 

post #10918 of 12738
Quote:
Originally Posted by lerxst View Post

It's quite random. When it happens, I almost always tell it to go back to the file I was playing, and it plays straight through. But then some time later it will happen again. I'm working on a theory it might be that the DX100 doesn't like high resolution ALAC files. 

 

 

Hmmmm....   I'm afraid I can't help you there, I don't use ALAC.  Are the files it has trouble with always the same resolution?

post #10919 of 12738

Hard to say, as I haven't spent much time playing anything other than my high res ALAC. So what I'm going to do is transcode all of my high res ALAC (which isn't a whole lot) to FLAC and keep going and see if my problems magically disappear. Thanks for the help!

post #10920 of 12738

Hey, it's the least I can do.  And I always do the least I can do!

 

Besides, it's not like I actually helped...

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Portable Source Gear
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Source Gear › iBasso DX100:24 bit for bit, PG 1> Reviews & Impressions, Downloads, VIDEO, NEW Firmware 1.4.2.