Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Source Gear › iBasso DX100:24 bit for bit, PG 1> Reviews & Impressions, Downloads, VIDEO, NEW Firmware 1.4.2.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

iBasso DX100:24 bit for bit, PG 1> Reviews & Impressions, Downloads, VIDEO, NEW Firmware 1.4.2. - Page 721

post #10801 of 12738
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mimouille View Post


Do you have other electronic / electric devices in the vicinity ? I have found that it might affect the DX100...

No.

post #10802 of 12738

I get the same thing every once in a while too. Seems most common when I either touch the sides or rotate it.
 

post #10803 of 12738

Also something else I noticed. The DX100 makes headphone/IEMs that have volume control sound recessed really really far back in the mids, unless you hold in the play/pause button on the volume control. Anybody else experience this? Something figgie might consider looking into.


Edited by Randall DZM - 2/21/13 at 1:32pm
post #10804 of 12738
Quote:
Originally Posted by Randall DZM View Post

Also something else I noticed. The DX100 makes headphone/IEMs that have volume control sound recessed really really far back in the mids, unless you hold in the play/pause button on the volume control. Anybody else experience this? Something figgie might consider looking into.


What?

 

Mids sound recessed unless you press play/pause and then change volume? I don't understand this. Can you elaborate?

post #10805 of 12738

It's just something odd I noticed with IEMs and headphones which have a volume control thing on the cable. If you don't hold in the play/pause button on the volume control unit (on the cable)

http://www.logitech.com/assets/45902/3/ue-900-headset.jpg so like on the blue cable you have to press and hold the middle button (the play/pause button) for the sound to come out properly. Where with the black cable there is no problem since it doesn't have the volume control unit.

Test it out if you have some headphones/IEMs with volume control.

post #10806 of 12738
Quote:
Originally Posted by Randall DZM View Post

It's just something odd I noticed with IEMs and headphones which have a volume control thing on the cable. If you don't hold in the play/pause button on the volume control unit (on the cable)

http://www.logitech.com/assets/45902/3/ue-900-headset.jpg so like on the blue cable you have to press and hold the middle button (the play/pause button) for the sound to come out properly. Where with the black cable there is no problem since it doesn't have the volume control unit.

Test it out if you have some headphones/IEMs with volume control.

Or maybe there's a reason for the bad rep those inline controls get here on the forums? wink.gif

 

The DX100 doesn't support input through the headphone output (to the best of my knowledge) so there's no possible way it could affect the DAP.


Edited by Sorensiim - 2/21/13 at 11:18pm
post #10807 of 12738
Quote:
Originally Posted by Randall DZM View Post

It's just something odd I noticed with IEMs and headphones which have a volume control thing on the cable. If you don't hold in the play/pause button on the volume control unit (on the cable)

http://www.logitech.com/assets/45902/3/ue-900-headset.jpg so like on the blue cable you have to press and hold the middle button (the play/pause button) for the sound to come out properly. Where with the black cable there is no problem since it doesn't have the volume control unit.

Test it out if you have some headphones/IEMs with volume control.

 

That's gotta be the cable, not the DX100...

post #10808 of 12738
Thread Starter 

I want nothing between the DX and the transducers. As little as possible in the signal path for me. I do not get recessed mids with anything I own or have tried.

post #10809 of 12738

I haven't noticed anything that effect with anything I own. Gonna change out some cables and see though. Have you had that with other IEMs or HPs than the ue900?

post #10810 of 12738
Quote:
Originally Posted by Randall DZM View Post

It's just something odd I noticed with IEMs and headphones which have a volume control thing on the cable. If you don't hold in the play/pause button on the volume control unit (on the cable)

http://www.logitech.com/assets/45902/3/ue-900-headset.jpg so like on the blue cable you have to press and hold the middle button (the play/pause button) for the sound to come out properly. Where with the black cable there is no problem since it doesn't have the volume control unit.


Test it out if you have some headphones/IEMs with volume control.

I use AKG K3003i which have an inline volume control, doesn't affect the sound in the slightest. Sounds like yours may be faulty.
post #10811 of 12738

It has happened on anything i've tried with inline volume control. B & W C5, UE900 (blue cable), V-moda crossfade, some no name brand IEM with inline volume control. All my other IEMs/headphones work fine with it. (LCD-2, RE0s. Grado SR60i's, etc)

post #10812 of 12738
Quote:
Originally Posted by Randall DZM View Post

It has happened on anything i've tried with inline volume control. B & W C5, UE900 (blue cable), V-moda crossfade, some no name brand IEM with inline volume control. All my other IEMs/headphones work fine with it. (LCD-2, RE0s. Grado SR60i's, etc)

Do you use a 6.35mm adapter? I find that the 4-pole 3.5mm plug can be picky about being pushed too far into the adapter, can cause the mids to disappear if pushed in slightly too far. Fine in the 3.5mm socket. I just use the 4-pole to 3-pole adapter supplied with the IEMs with the 6.35mm adapter. I unplug the iems a lot so dont use the 3.5mm socket to avoid wear.
Edited by Turrican2 - 2/25/13 at 6:11am
post #10813 of 12738

I was using the 3.5mm socket. No adapters. I will use an adapter and try the 1/4" jack 

post #10814 of 12738

wow i ve been away and two new firmwares . Its not that ive been away from a pc , just i havent been gettting thread updates in near 2 months . This sort of thing has happened many xs since i joined tho , and i am subscribed to the thread . Does anyone else have this problem ?

 

Thanks

post #10815 of 12738
Thread Starter 

I never subscribe, just check back.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Portable Source Gear
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Source Gear › iBasso DX100:24 bit for bit, PG 1> Reviews & Impressions, Downloads, VIDEO, NEW Firmware 1.4.2.