Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Source Gear › iBasso DX100:24 bit for bit, PG 1> Reviews & Impressions, Downloads, VIDEO, NEW Firmware 1.4.2.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

iBasso DX100:24 bit for bit, PG 1> Reviews & Impressions, Downloads, VIDEO, NEW Firmware 1.4.2. - Page 693

post #10381 of 12792

If you guys find yourself looking for a closed circumaural, you can do far, far worse than this... Just got them today dt880smile.png

 

 

post #10382 of 12792

how do you find them with dx100? dt880smile.png

post #10383 of 12792
Quote:
Originally Posted by xnuthecaveman View Post

how do you find them with dx100? dt880smile.png

Despite the 32ohm rating, I'm listening at high gain, 170-180 volume. They're a neutral-ish headphone with the capacity for adding some serious low-end grunt when needed. They're pretty damn good, actually! Not going to proclaim them to be The Greatest Headphone Ever, but give them serious consideration if you're looking for a closed set of full size headphones. I'm definitely happy I picked up a set of this limited edition can!

 

They're built like tanks - as Beyer Pro cans usually are. I'll need to find a way to fix the headband padding as I find anything else than the HD650 and ATH-W1000 (and others with their "wing" support system) to be uncomfortable, exerting pressure on the apex of my skull. That being said, these have been on my noggin for just over 3 hours now.

post #10384 of 12792

I see, they are a bit inefficient for 32ohms :)  I think you can pick up a replacement headband http://www.amazon.com/Replacement-Leatherette-Universal-Sennheiser-Beyerdynamic/dp/B00862522A/  This is more comfortable than the stock band :)

 

Going back to the DX100, it can really provide tight bass to the supposedly boomy DT770 A/E biggrin.gif

post #10385 of 12792
Quote:
Originally Posted by xnuthecaveman View Post

I see, they are a bit inefficient for 32ohms :)  I think you can pick up a replacement headband http://www.amazon.com/Replacement-Leatherette-Universal-Sennheiser-Beyerdynamic/dp/B00862522A/  This is more comfortable than the stock band :)

 

Going back to the DX100, it can really provide tight bass to the supposedly boomy DT770 A/E biggrin.gif

Tight, punchy and razor sharp cool.gif

 

Regarding the comfort, I'm specifically looking for a way to avoid any pressure on the apex of my skull like I did here. I might get a hold of a spare Beyer pad and molest the padding or simply affix a HD650 pad to them.

 

Edit: Sure, my Heir 8.A do better bass, but they're a custom IEM at ten times the price of the DT770 A/E...


Edited by Sorensiim - 2/4/13 at 6:46am
post #10386 of 12792

Hi guys, could anyone recommend a portable charger that can be used with the DX100. any response would really be appreciated. thanks. regular_smile%20.gif

post #10387 of 12792
Quote:
Originally Posted by psion84 View Post

Hi guys, could anyone recommend a portable charger that can be used with the DX100. any response would really be appreciated. thanks. regular_smile%20.gif

 

I think the Energizers XP series work with the DX100......

post #10388 of 12792
Quote:
Originally Posted by spkrs01 View Post

 

I think the Energizers XP series work with the DX100......

Thanks. bigsmile_face.gif i look for more info and see where i could source one.

post #10389 of 12792

I am using the Energizer XP series (8000mah) with my DX100, and yes it can charge the DX100, however, there is only a very short adaptor (instead of long wire) that comes with the battery which could connect the DX100 with the battery, which sometimes may become quite inconvenient for use....

post #10390 of 12792
Quote:
Originally Posted by hkppl View Post

I am using the Energizer XP series (8000mah) with my DX100, and yes it can charge the DX100, however, there is only a very short adaptor (instead of long wire) that comes with the battery which could connect the DX100 with the battery, which sometimes may become quite inconvenient for use....


By short adapter, u mean it doesn't have wire connected to the adapter? instead just the adapter without the wire?

post #10391 of 12792
Quote:
Originally Posted by psion84 View Post


By short adapter, u mean it doesn't have wire connected to the adapter? instead just the adapter without the wire?


Yes just the adaptor without wire.

post #10392 of 12792

Btw hkppl, i see that u are pairing the dx100 with the W4r the same as i do. bigsmile_face.gif what kind of cable do you use for them? does it clear the veil?

post #10393 of 12792

I used to pair the W4R with DX100, using silver dragon v1, and changed to ES5 with TWag v2 later until now. For both setup, I don't really find the DX100 sound "veil". Instead I found that both of them made the DX100 sound more dynamic.

post #10394 of 12792
Quote:
Originally Posted by hkppl View Post


Yes just the adaptor without wire.

Thanks for the info!:)

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by hkppl View Post

I used to pair the W4R with DX100, using silver dragon v1, and changed to ES5 with TWag v2 later until now. For both setup, I don't really find the DX100 sound "veil". Instead I found that both of them made the DX100 sound more dynamic.


I mean does it clear the veil on the W4R? im also contemplating on upgrading my W4R cables to silver dragons or toxic cables.

post #10395 of 12792
Quote:
Originally Posted by spkrs01 View Post

 

I think the Energizers XP series work with the DX100.....

What is the battery life for DX100 to play flac music when it is 100% fully charged?
Can it last for 12 hrs non-stop?

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Portable Source Gear
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Source Gear › iBasso DX100:24 bit for bit, PG 1> Reviews & Impressions, Downloads, VIDEO, NEW Firmware 1.4.2.