Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Source Gear › iBasso DX100:24 bit for bit, PG 1> Reviews & Impressions, Downloads, VIDEO, NEW Firmware 1.4.2.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

iBasso DX100:24 bit for bit, PG 1> Reviews & Impressions, Downloads, VIDEO, NEW Firmware 1.4.2. - Page 687

post #10291 of 12529

Ah, the usual measured comments comments on Headfi that make it such a joy to hang out here.

 

I agree that a player limited to one file type is rather limited but the comments on the lack of GUI are just plain bizarre.

post #10292 of 12529

Thank you guys, i will wait the new firmware to upgrave from the 1.27

For information i am pairing the DX100 with a Grado PS1000 and they sound good together in mid-gain

For my taste i prefer the DX100/PS1000 over the DX100/LCD3.

post #10293 of 12529
Quote:
Originally Posted by Painterspal View Post

...but the comments on the lack of GUI are just plain bizarre.

Even the most basic textual GUI should be a must - how do you navigate your music otherwise?

post #10294 of 12529

Got my first set of Beyer's incoming - A set of the supposedly very good DT-770 Limited Edition 88 Aniversary Whatchamajig or something like that. Should be fun pairing them with the DX100!

 

(Yeah I'm totally just trying to fill the void while waiting for my 8.A and Tzar 350 to come back)

post #10295 of 12529
Thread Starter 

I have been using my Ultrasone Ed. 9 again. At first the sound was so-so, and then they warmed up. I also find they just sound better with well recorded music. If it isn't well done, they don't make is sound good. The combination of the DX and the Ed. 9 is very good straight out of the DX, into the Intruder balanced or the Lyr. I was even using the HE-6 yesterday right out of the DX100 and was surprised at the sound from these power loving phones.

post #10296 of 12529

After switching the DX100 on, some media search/analysis happens. According to iBasso this is finished when a title appears in the standard player. This takes very long, about 40 minutes. I have filled the internal mem about 80% with music, the 64 GB SD-card the same. Is this normal or can I speed this up?
 

post #10297 of 12529
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by rudiraith View Post

After switching the DX100 on, some media search/analysis happens. According to iBasso this is finished when a title appears in the standard player. This takes very long, about 40 minutes. I have filled the internal mem about 80% with music, the 64 GB SD-card the same. Is this normal or can I speed this up?
 


With a different memory card inserted, mine takes about 10 minutes, maybe a little less, to get everything going and then if I turn it off and back on, maybe a little over a minute before it is ready to play, if I don't change the sd card.

post #10298 of 12529

Life does not always protect us from our own stupidity. I was playing around with my DX100 by running two sets of headphones at the same time as described here: http://www.head-fi.org/t/648182/two-headphones-at-once-an-utterly-natural-crossfeed-effect#post_9114207

 

However to get the crossfeed effect I had to run the second headphones at nearly full volume (around 220-230 on high gain) which was causing some distortion. I knew that it would likely damage the headphones but did not care since I only paid $15 and wanted to see if there was anything to the experiment. However, I did not realize that it would also damage the amp in my new (to me) DX100. Now when I play my HD650s through the headphone out on my DX100 I get some very noticeable distortion at moderately high volume.

 

So I am afriad I know the answer, but for those who know more (obviously much more), is it true that I probably damaged the amp in the DX100 by running it at levels that were causing distortion in the cheap headphones I had plugged in? I probably ran it this way for well over two hours. So basically I am asking if playing at levels that are clipping and distorting will damage an amp as well as the speakers or headphones hooked up to that amp?

 

Fortunately, it has not affected the line out signal, so I may just be using the DX100 to feed another amp for the rest of my life frown.gif.  And there goes it's resale value unless I send it in for repairs. Is iBasso easy to work with for repairs?

 

Live and never learn is my motto.rolleyes.gif


Edited by Nirmalanow - 1/31/13 at 6:50pm
post #10299 of 12529
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nirmalanow View Post

Life does not always protect us from our own stupidity. I was playing around with my DX100 by running two sets of headphones at the same time as described here: http://www.head-fi.org/t/648182/two-headphones-at-once-an-utterly-natural-crossfeed-effect#post_9114207

 

However to get the crossfeed effect I had to run the second headphones at nearly full volume (around 220-230 on high gain) which was causing some distortion. I knew that it would likely damage the headphones but did not care since I only paid $15 and wanted to see if there was anything to the experiment. However, I did not realize that it would also damage the amp in my new (to me) DX100. Now when I play my HD650s through the headphone out on my DX100 I get some very noticeable distortion at moderately high volume.

 

So I am afriad I know the answer, but for those who know more (obviously much more), is it true that I probably damaged the amp in the DX100 by running it at levels that were causing distortion in the cheap headphones I had plugged in? I probably ran it this way for well over two hours. So basically I am asking if playing at levels that are clipping and distorting will damage an amp as well as the speakers or headphones hooked up to that amp?

 

Fortunately, it has not affected the line out signal, so I may just be using the DX100 to feed another amp for the rest of my life frown.gif.  And there goes it's resale value unless I send it in for repairs. Is iBasso easy to work with for repairs?

 

Live and never learn is my motto.rolleyes.gif


Well you could have done some damage to the buffers, hard to say but they would have been getting pretty hot due to a heavy current demand. iBasso is great. They turn around a product very fast and frankly, I would get it fixed. Sending by express mail as priority can take weeks and UPS or Fedex is very expensive. Email them with details and they will give you the information you need. I think I would have been using an external amp to do what you were doing, well actually, I wouldn't have done it but I understand. :^)

post #10300 of 12529
Quote:
Originally Posted by jamato8 View Post


Well you could have done some damage to the buffers, hard to say but they would have been getting pretty hot due to a heavy current demand. iBasso is great. They turn around a product very fast and frankly, I would get it fixed. Sending by express mail as priority can take weeks and UPS or Fedex is very expensive. Email them with details and they will give you the information you need. I think I would have been using an external amp to do what you were doing, well actually, I wouldn't have done it but I understand. :^)


Thanks for the info and the understanding. There is that old saying about curiosity and the cat. I tend to get an idea and then have to try it, sometimes without thinking it through all of the way.

 

Meanwhile, I just got the DX100 and hate the thought of sending it in for repairs and being without it for a few weeks. I normally always use my Continental amp with it, so I can definitely live with it as it stands. Maybe I will wait and send it in for repairs if I decide to sell it someday. And maybe that is a good thing because that will stop me from trying something else as my source anytime soon. Good news is I do enjoy the sound of the DX100 feeding my ALO amp.

post #10301 of 12529
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sorensiim View Post

Got my first set of Beyer's incoming - A set of the supposedly very good DT-770 Limited Edition 88 Aniversary Whatchamajig or something like that. Should be fun pairing them with the DX100!

 

(Yeah I'm totally just trying to fill the void while waiting for my 8.A and Tzar 350 to come back)

 

I have DT770 A/E paired with the DX100. It's a fun setup :)

 

 

Hopefully Ibasso releases the fixed firmware before their at least two week long Chinese New Year vacation lol

post #10302 of 12529
Quote:
Originally Posted by xnuthecaveman View Post

 

I have DT770 A/E paired with the DX100. It's a fun setup :)

 

 

Hopefully Ibasso releases the fixed firmware before their at least two week long Chinese New Year vacation lol

Fun is exactly what I'm after - I got the DT770AE as a trade for my HD650's. The 650 is a classic, but I wanted something a bit more lively as my full size cans dt880smile.png

post #10303 of 12529
Quote:
Originally Posted by Painterspal View Post

Ah, the usual measured comments comments on Headfi that make it such a joy to hang out here.

 

I agree that a player limited to one file type is rather limited but the comments on the lack of GUI are just plain bizarre.

Try popping by one of the Woo audio threads and casually mention that the Woo amps look nice but we all know that the O2 is factually a much better amp. popcorn.gif

post #10304 of 12529

So there must be running something in the background. The problem occurs with the lasr two firmware updates incl. fact. reset.
 

post #10305 of 12529

Another question: if I start playing some music from the directory view, I have two options: simply click on the new track, then sometimes the beginning of the track before starts, then the intended one. Or I can do a long click on the new track, select play, then the new track starts. In the  first case the musicplayer crashes after a few selections.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Portable Source Gear
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Source Gear › iBasso DX100:24 bit for bit, PG 1> Reviews & Impressions, Downloads, VIDEO, NEW Firmware 1.4.2.