I've noticed that some here are saying that the "true gapless" play is not truelly gapless. I listen to a lot of dj mixed albums and was wondering if anyone else does with the DX100. Is it a faultless transition from one song to the next?
Recent Images In This Thread
- productAudeze LCD2 Planar Magnetic Headphonestagged by System, 5/27/12
- brandAudiophile Productstagged by System, 2/10/12
- productiBasso DX100 Reference DAPtagged by System, 2/10/12
- productJDS Labs Assembled Objective2 Headphone Amplifiertagged by System, 5/27/12
- categoryPortable Source Componentstagged by System, 5/27/12
Related Forum Threads
- ++ FULL-SIZE HEADPHONE RECOMMENDATIONS THREAD++ CLOSED: Please post a thread in the... Last post on 6/6/13 at 4:16am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- [Comparison Review] Searching for accurate sounding closed cans under $100 (9 headphone models... Last post on 10/24/13 at 11:28pm in Headphones (full-size)
- first timer in need of guidance Last post on 4/3/13 at 1:33am in Headphones (full-size)
- Best dubstep headphones for $100? Last post on 3/16/13 at 6:19am in Headphones (full-size)
- Panasonic htf 600s vs Creative Aurvana Live Last post on 1/27/13 at 11:06pm in Headphones (full-size)
2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs)
Last edited: 2/5/14
- 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))Last edited: 12/20/13
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones...Last edited: 8/2/13
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs...Last edited: 7/26/13
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)Last edited: 8/19/13
When it comes to Edifier, they are best known for their desktop PC speaker range and acquiring the prestigious electrostatic headphone company Stax. But just because they now own Stax doesn’t mean...
Remember Edifier? The company that now owns Stax? I recently covered their e10 Exclaim desktop speakers and found them rather impressive for just $99. While making a nice budget speaker is...
This is my first review, so please bear with me if I'm not particularly clear. 1) This is a headphones that takes time to appreciate 2) 1/2 star for the sound quality, 4&1/2 star for getting...
The AH-D7100's immediately became my go-to headphones for daily use since the day I purchased them three weeks ago. They sound much fuller compared to my Beyerdynamic T5P's and produce high sound...
You get what you see. Nothing extra. CNT or "Carbon nano tube" diaphrams/drivers were developed by the Chinese (I studied this) and J.V.C was the first to mass produce it in their...
iBasso DX100:24 bit for bit, PG 1> Reviews & Impressions, Downloads, VIDEO, NEW Firmware 1.4.2. - Page 679
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #10172 of 124651/26/13 at 2:33amQuote:
If you keep it in native playback the DX100 plays it in true gapless. As long as you are playing the entire album there should be no issue. I never had an issue at least when I had my unit.post #10173 of 124651/26/13 at 2:52amQuote:
Yeah cheers, I'm still mulling over this purchase...a little closer now.post #10174 of 124651/26/13 at 3:48amQuote:
I have no problem with my rather old Airport Express, getting a range of about 6 metres. (I live in a Japanese apartment which isn't much bigger than that.)post #10175 of 124651/26/13 at 4:26am
Bought a Colofly C4 today to join the Studio V received on Tuesday, to take up portable duty while I am sending the DX100 back to iBasso to have the 1/4 socket fixed/replaced.
Was going to buy it anyway, but had a 15/20 mins listen of the demo unit at the shop and I was pleasantly surprised with the sonics, very vibrant sounding was my initial thought!
Trying to put some hi rez music into it, and it's very slow.........post #10176 of 124651/26/13 at 4:34amDoes anyone here have a HDP R10.
I'm reading endless complaints , I have no issues at all the sonics are superb
Even with my jh16 , s. as the are hard to drive to sound right
I also tried my hd800 and they sound better than any other portable amp player I have.
No hangups or what ever Nd there was only two updates since its launch
Does anyone here have one please comment
Typost #10177 of 124651/26/13 at 6:38ampost #10178 of 124651/26/13 at 7:18am
Updated mine last night...sounds great even better than before...thanks iBasso. It has just been a year for us beta testers and has been fun and interesting with the ups and downs but mostly up from the start. This is now a finished product.post #10179 of 124651/26/13 at 10:14amInterested to hear people are liking the change to the sound after the fw update. I've been on the fence. The previous version sounded really good with my k3003s but the current one not so much. Vocals seem much more forward and boosted, almost to the point of clipping. I was set to roll back when I tried with my he-500s (via o2 amp). Amazing, simply amazing. The bass extension is much improved without any sacrifice to the upper frequencies and the mids are perfect. Think I need to spend some more time with the k3003 and maybe try experimenting with the eq. Was very pleased with the results with the he-500. Good job ibasso.post #10180 of 124651/26/13 at 10:29ampost #10181 of 124651/26/13 at 2:36pmQuote:
Is your DX100 rooted? what kind of files are you using? :) is this the scenarios as figgie described "Seems to only happen within the application AFTER it gets to the last song of a folder then it continues until you press the setting button and EXIT the application. When you play from the widget (the screen player and not the full UI) at that point it does not do it."post #10182 of 124651/26/13 at 3:08pmpost #10183 of 124651/26/13 at 3:22pmpost #10184 of 124651/26/13 at 6:40pm
Here is a weird little trick to try with the DX100 since it has more than one output that all are working simultaneously: http://www.head-fi.org/t/648182/two-headphones-at-once-have-i-finally-gone-over-the-edgepost #10185 of 124651/26/13 at 8:51pmQuote:No way this is a finished product I'm afraid... Have you made a playlist yet? Absurd, that it lists as plays in reverse order. Having to make them up in reverse in Media Monkey and transferring is a complete pain in the a#%e. then there is the random play stopping when it goes to sleep, or the click when you wake it up. But I am not just complaining here. Others have written that iBasso listens so I have sent the following to them. Others should do likewise so they hear us...
First up, really liking my DX100. Great sound for any music I play. But there are a couple things which need your attention.
1. Just updated the firmware to 1.3.5. Playlists play in the reverse order to their track listing. This makes it impossible to create a playlist of almost any music. For example any album that embraces two or more CDs, eg Pink Floyds The Wall, I would make into a playlist so the entire album plays without interruption. Why on earth would I want it to play in reverse order? And making up a classical playlist? Forget it. Guys this must be immediately corrected.
2. From time to time the music just stops playing a short time after the screen sleeps. Wake it up and it recommences playing. This also happened on 1.2.7. If I restart the DX it seems okay for a while then randomly the problem comes back. I did a factory reset but that has not fixed this problem.
3. I hate the load click that invades my ears when I awake the DX100 if it has been asleep press the wake button. Can't this be fixed. Such an expensive player should not do this. It's not in keeping with the quality of the device other than these few niggles.
Please fix the playlist with an update immediately if the other two things may take a little longer. It's an absolute pain to make up playlists to overcome your mistake. But al three of these things get much comment of Head-Fi but you're probably aware of that.
Thanks in advance for fixing,
My issue in point 2 just happened again while I write this. It happens whether listening in the simple or advanced player mode. Doesn't seem to be like some others symptoms here. No other apps running in background... Going to try whether the exit from the advanced UI works and if there is a relationship to reaching the end of an album.
Hope iBasso fix these quickly and don't take a few months waiting for the next major firmware update.
Edited by Jpfe8851 - 1/26/13 at 9:43pm
- iBasso DX100:24 bit for bit, PG 1> Reviews & Impressions, Downloads, VIDEO, NEW Firmware 1.4.2.
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))
- › Rate The Last Movie You Watched 33 seconds ago
- › HD600 + Extended Bass + Larger Soundstage = ? 41 seconds ago
- › FS Lawton Audio LA2000 (Denon D2K) W JMoney Pads, custom wood cups 1 minute ago
- › Martin Logan Mikros 90 On-Ear Headphones 2 minutes ago
- › 8 years ago . . . 2 minutes ago
- › Sony MDR 1R = Best Closed Back at $200? 4 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser 558, akg 550-701, v-moda 100, beyerdynamic... 4 minutes ago
- › The Basshead Club 5 minutes ago
- › Nuforce Primo 8 - an Audiophile Phase Coherent Quad Balanced... 6 minutes ago
- › Help choosing pc audio card under 70$ and question about DAC 6 minutes ago
- › Edifier H850 by ClieOS
- › Edifier USA Spinnaker Media Speaker System (Black) by project86
- › Aftershokz Sportz M2 AS320 Open Ear Sports Headphones by sensible
- › Denon AH-D7100 Music Maniac by sjp3003
- › JVC Kenwood Victer stereo headphones HA-SZ2000 japan import by Hawaiibadboy
- › PSB M4U 1 by yay101
- › SONY Stereo headphones black MDR-1RMK2/B by Nec3
- › Audio-Technica ATH-M50S by turbomustang84
- › Superlux HD669 by mang0
- › IFI Gemini usb cable by turo91
- › The Best BASS Headphones ( a Head-Fi Wiki) by Hawaiibadboy
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by joe
- › Adjusting bias on Stax tube amplifiers by ardilla
- › Headphone Power Calculator Spreadsheet by robrob
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Introduction) by jude