Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Source Gear › iBasso DX100:24 bit for bit, PG 1> Reviews & Impressions, Downloads, VIDEO, NEW Firmware 1.4.2.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

iBasso DX100:24 bit for bit, PG 1> Reviews & Impressions, Downloads, VIDEO, NEW Firmware 1.4.2. - Page 670

post #10036 of 12741

Yes that is why I am liking the AK-100 better.

post #10037 of 12741
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mimouille View Post

Hello again, has anybody ever thought that their DX100 sounded too dark sometimes, or maybe too lower bass heavy ?


No, and I use many different phones and can compare it to a number of different amps. I find it very neutral. If a recording is recorded dark, of course, then it will sound dark.

post #10038 of 12741
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mimouille View Post

Hello again, has anybody ever thought that their DX100 sounded too dark sometimes, or maybe too lower bass heavy ?

That's really shocking...I find it extremely neutral if not a little bit bright. And it's not bassy at all.

I think it might be because of the recording or the headphone you use.

post #10039 of 12741
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mimouille View Post

Hello again, has anybody ever thought that their DX100 sounded too dark sometimes, or maybe too lower bass heavy ?

Not at all.  I find the DX100 very balanced, especially with the latest firmware.

post #10040 of 12741
Do you guys think, that it would be a good idea to order a DX100 here ( http://www.amazon.co.jp/gp/product/B008OEXAN8/sr=1-3/qid=1358718125/ref=olp_product_details?ie=UTF8&me=&qid=1358718125&seller=&sr=1-3 ) and use Tenso to get it shipped over to Germany?

I think it would save me about 200€, if my calculation is not totaly wrong :P
post #10041 of 12741
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mimouille View Post

Hello again, has anybody ever thought that their DX100 sounded too dark sometimes, or maybe too lower bass heavy ?

 

To be honest not really. But you are using a Shure IEM type right? Which has rolled off treble to begin with as well as boosted mids. Personally I never really thought much of Shures products and always felt they are way overpriced for the sound quality you get :). There are much better options available though IMO. smile.gif


Edited by lee730 - 1/20/13 at 2:35pm
post #10042 of 12741
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Yum Goong View Post

Do you guys think, that it would be a good idea to order a DX100 here ( http://www.amazon.co.jp/gp/product/B008OEXAN8/sr=1-3/qid=1358718125/ref=olp_product_details?ie=UTF8&me=&qid=1358718125&seller=&sr=1-3 ) and use Tenso to get it shipped over to Germany?

I think it would save me about 200€, if my calculation is not totaly wrong :P


No it should be cheaper directly from ibasso.

post #10043 of 12741
Quote:
Originally Posted by lee730 View Post

 

To be honest not really. But you are using a Shure IEM type right? Which has rolled off treble to begin with as well as boosted mids. Personally I never really thought much of Shures products and always felt they are way overpriced for the sound quality you get :). There are much better options available though IMO. smile.gif


I am receiving my Miracle soon, so I will be able to compare. But its not only a matter of CIEMs. Because the same flac file sound much brighter (too bright) from my computer with the same earphone. Could there be something wrong with my DX100 ? I have the latest firmware and the eq is turned off. Maybe it is because I haven't burned it in yet (around 30-40 hours of use only). Is it because I am using middle gain with IEMs, and should rather use lo gain ?

post #10044 of 12741

Hi guys,

 

I've just received my DX100 two days ago and gosh it sounds amazing! dt880smile.png anyone can point me in the right direction to get the Hibbino silicone case? i can't seem to find it anywhere for sale online. desperately need that added protection. frown.gif. any feedback is highly appreciated! thanks!

post #10045 of 12741
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mimouille View Post


I am receiving my Miracle soon, so I will be able to compare. But its not only a matter of CIEMs. Because the same flac file sound much brighter (too bright) from my computer with the same earphone. Could there be something wrong with my DX100 ? I have the latest firmware and the eq is turned off. Maybe it is because I haven't burned it in yet (around 30-40 hours of use only). Is it because I am using middle gain with IEMs, and should rather use lo gain ?


Well could be your PC set up isn't less than 1 ohm output impedance? Not sure if that could be boosting the treble on your SE530s or even causing bass roll off which then leads to the treble sounding brighter on your PC setup..... But I've never had issues with the DX100 bass being bloated other than firmware 1.2.3. But you do have a point that burn in may be a part of the issue. I remember my unit though being a bit more aggressive in its treble and digital when new. Bass also improved and reached deeper after a couple hundred hours of usage. Still I have a feeling the output impedance may be a possible reason for the discrepancies you mention.

 

I use to prefer using middle gain myself. It may add a little more bass impact to the sound and make the sound stage more intimate (at least that is how I hear it). Vocals are more upfront using gain settings.


Edited by lee730 - 1/20/13 at 11:31pm
post #10046 of 12741
Thanks Lee ! I ll see how it behave after 50 more hours...
post #10047 of 12741

I haven't posted in a while because there hasn't been anything to post about. Wonder where that new update is and how it's going?

 

figgie, any update on ...well, anything? Have you spoken to iBasso recently?

post #10048 of 12741

Anyone had problems with their DX100 cutting out for half a second, followed by a big jump in volume for the next second, and then going back to normal? Only when it gets touched. This just started today, and man is it annoying.
 

post #10049 of 12741
Thread Starter 

I never had that except when I touched the screen volume control.

post #10050 of 12741

Hi guys. Just FYI, I have just acquired the new continental V3, and it seems to pair very nice with the DX100. It brings a very different sound sig, complementary to the DX100's sound. Of course this is just a preliminary impression as I have not burned in the amp yet and have barely listened to the rig for an hour. Besides, I will need to receive my Miracles to fully appreciate it.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Portable Source Gear
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Source Gear › iBasso DX100:24 bit for bit, PG 1> Reviews & Impressions, Downloads, VIDEO, NEW Firmware 1.4.2.