Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › Why is bose hated in this forum?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Why is bose hated in this forum?

post #1 of 58
Thread Starter 

Although I have owned the ie2's before and i was pleased with them except with the lack of treble, I don't see anything wrong with them that is outright terrible.

post #2 of 58

The general consensus is that they are overpriced for what you get. There are headphones in that price range that are significantly better.

post #3 of 58

Cheap chinese drivers, questionable build quality.

 

Some of them aren't that bad, but you can do far better for the same money.

post #4 of 58

Because they're not worth the outrageous prices they're being sold for. It's not that BOSE is just inherently bad, it's just that you can do so much better for the price you'll pay.

post #5 of 58

You think bose's are hated here? Try typing "beats" and "bang for buck" and see if you make it through the night.

post #6 of 58

You are paying for marketing, not quality sound.

 

http://www.intellexual.net/bose.html

post #7 of 58
Quote:
Originally Posted by Huxley View Post

Cheap chinese drivers, questionable build quality.

Some of them aren't that bad, but you can do far better for the same money.

Not really sure why you had to say "Cheap chinese drivers" instead of just "Cheap drivers".
post #8 of 58

You're looking too far into what i typed, cheap drivers can come from anywhere, it just so happens bose drivers tend to come from china.

post #9 of 58
...and almost everything in this world is made in China. So when you like something (say an iPad), do you say "man, I love this high quality chinese screen"?

I'll bet that you wouldn't, even though as you said, "it just so happens that apple products tend to come from china"
post #10 of 58

lol chill out dude he aint no racist

post #11 of 58
Quote:
Originally Posted by Huxley View Post

You're looking too far into what i typed, cheap drivers can come from anywhere, it just so happens bose drivers tend to come from china.



You are right they are items that is made in UK and far far inferior to china goods, its standard :D

post #12 of 58

And he's blocked.

 

Sorry have better things to do just because you're 'offended'

 

As mandar says, it wasn't intended as a slight.

 

Now back on topic.

post #13 of 58
Eh, not a big deal. But something to keep in mind the next time he makes future comments like that. Never a good idea to attach "cheap" and (insert country of choice) together.

Anyways, why Bose is hated on this forum-

It's not the headphones themselves. Because I listened to them before, and they are not bad. Nor is it the price, because while yes, it's overpriced, it's not as overpriced as like a HD800 or Ultrasone Edition 8/9, but they don't get the hate Bose does.

It's mainly because of two things-

1) Their target customer base, who are your typical upper middle class snobby corporate guy, doesn't know much about headphones and just buys them because of the status they give off (like how Tag Heuer watches get no respect in watch forums for the same reasons)

2) Too mainstream. Similar to how nobody like Skullcandies or Beats on here. This forum is hipster haven in the headphone world. Consider this - if a pair of Beyerdynamic DT1350 or Sennheiser HD25 gets sold and re-branded as Skullcandies that can be bought for $30 at Walmart/Best-Buy, or as a Bose product sold at $300, nobody here would give them a chance.
post #14 of 58
Quote:
Originally Posted by forsberg View Post

Eh, not a big deal. But something to keep in mind the next time he makes future comments like that. Never a good idea to attach "cheap" and (insert country of choice) together.
Anyways, why Bose is hated on this forum-
It's not the headphones themselves. Because I listened to them before, and they are not bad. Nor is it the price, because while yes, it's overpriced, it's not as overpriced as like a HD800 or Ultrasone Edition 8/9, but they don't get the hate Bose does.
It's mainly because of two things-
1) Their target customer base, who are your typical upper middle class snobby corporate guy, doesn't know much about headphones and just buys them because of the status they give off (like how Tag Heuer watches get no respect in watch forums for the same reasons)
2) Too mainstream. Similar to how nobody like Skullcandies or Beats on here. This forum is hipster haven in the headphone world. Consider this - if a pair of Beyerdynamic DT1350 or Sennheiser HD25 gets sold and re-branded as Skullcandies that can be bought for $30 at Walmart/Best-Buy, or as a Bose product sold at $300, nobody here would give them a chance.

 

1) Basically you mean yuppies.

2) Not necessarily mainstream. Elitist in a sense, but has little to show for.
 

 

post #15 of 58

You can indeed do better for the price....it is as simple as that.

i personally find Beats and Skullcandy to be even worse though. Just a personal opinion.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › Why is bose hated in this forum?