I listen to Hip Hop,Rap,R&B,and Reggaeton mostly.I currently have v moda crossfade lp's and use them at school and at the gym.I'm looking to upgrade to headphones that are better than beats pro in the $200-$400 price range.I'm looking for ones that can be used with a smartphone,no amp needed and look stylish.I appreciate the help.
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 1/23/12
- productV-MODA Crossfade M-80tagged by System, 1/23/12
- productV-MODA XFLPR-ROUGE Crossfade LP Overear Headphones (Rouge)tagged by System, 1/23/12
Related Forum Threads
- Best headphones for hip hop Last post on 10/18/12 at 12:36pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- On Ear Headphones with iPhone Remote - recommendations? Last post on 10/2/12 at 7:50am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Your take on the v-moda crossfade lp's Last post on 1/2/12 at 3:18pm in Headphones (full-size)
- V-moda Crossfade LP Last post on 9/17/11 at 3:12pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Shure SRH240 vs Sony MDR-XB700 vs V-Moda Crossfade LP Last post on 9/16/11 at 5:33pm in Headphones (full-size)
2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 2/5/14
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)Last edited: 8/19/13
- 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Over-Ear)Last edited: 5/13/13
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
Thanks to slwiser, Spidermeng and Woody469 for some of the pictures used in this video.
This is the first item that dragged me into the world of audiophile, having started as noob with this great cans I must say that Shure SE215 Special Edition is cans for everybody, all things...
below is a review of of the v-moda xs! check out my channel(like and subscribe) recently uploaded a review and comparison with the v-moda m100s
I've read a lot of diverging comments about these headphones and I think there is a problem. These are non-powered studio monitor headphones. They are not meant to have perfect sound quality, and...
Remember: "Stay away from Razer". Razer headphones are just meant to be "fun" for a certain amount of time. After a few weeks they either break or become really uncomfortable. The sound is overall...
Portable Headphones better than beats pro
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 141/23/12 at 12:13ampost #3 of 141/24/12 at 1:38pmThread Starterpost #4 of 141/31/12 at 11:11ampost #5 of 141/31/12 at 12:20pm
if your worried about stylish, stick with beats. youll have everyones attention with those and will know your cool. Once your past that phase i would say a set of ultrasone hfi-780 or the pro 900. The 900's are a little bit more on the pricier side. I rock my pro700mk2's at the gym and have guys come up to me wondering what kind of cans i have on because of the blacked out look on them! I laugh at the dudes with beats on at the gym.post #6 of 142/10/12 at 8:14amQuote:
More stylish than Crossfade M-80s. That's a heavy order. I have the V-80s and they go around my neck just fine. Plus, unamped, these things get LOUD!post #7 of 142/10/12 at 8:17ampost #8 of 142/16/12 at 9:19pmpost #9 of 142/16/12 at 9:51pmpost #10 of 142/16/12 at 10:46pmpost #11 of 142/16/12 at 11:27pmQuote:
Lolwut M80s not stylish? Maybe the Phiaton MS400 then? I would like to note that I don't think you can wear Beats Pros comfortably around the neck either.post #12 of 142/17/12 at 5:35ampost #13 of 143/2/12 at 2:35am
When I first saw Beats, I thought it was another toy (I have limited exposure to ads, as I do not have a cable (or any antenna), I read newspappers monthly at best, and buy only a few magazines a year). But I should not pass judgement on their sound, as my experience is limited to big electronics chains headphone demo racks (nevertheless I did noteice their BASS).
speaking of portables in this price bracket, I have beyerdynamic DT 1350 and Sennheiser HD 25 Adidas.
As for beyer T50P, some reviews were raving; however, I have not heard them, -- I was put off by the critical comments (there are quite a few).
DT 1350 get almost nothing but prise and, may I add, right fully so! HD 25-1 II is no slouch, either -- and in Adidas guise it is at least as stylish as Beats. But probably that's only me.
I have tried both in various situations. For a gym I strongly prefer HD 25, as they are lighter, cheaper and go nicely with my bright blue top. I won't be getting a grey top so as not to be tempted to use DT 1350 at a gym, -- they are a bit heavier, do not stay on your ears as well as HD 25 do, and they costed me almost 70% more than HD 25.
I prefer DT 1350 for trips and commute for their handy travel case and overall sound quality across most types of music, - but for use in a gym, HD 25 are better due to their sheer PRaT.
Edited by Rudolfs - 3/2/12 at 2:45ampost #14 of 143/2/12 at 7:18am
I laughed when I saw "better than beats pro"
You can achieve that with even $100 headphones.
As other have said:
If you want "even more stylish" then stick to your beats, but don't expect value for money, nor sound quality to come with it.
If its style > sound quality - then beats are supposedly the best for it.
Even though when i see them it reminds me of 15yr old hip-hop wanna-be kids who think they are cool.
Up to you - your look - your choice.
I rather walk out with some Denon's, Ultrasone's, Sennheiser's and feel "superior" to beats owners. (in my own head)Return HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Portable Headphones better than beats pro
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › REVIEW: Unique Melody Merlin - hybrid dynamic/balanced armature... 29 seconds ago
- › MrSpeakers Alpha Dog Revealed! - The World's First Production... 2 minutes ago
- › iFi iRACK - don't wish your desktop system was hot like me... 4 minutes ago
- › Noble Audio - the Wizard returns! 7 minutes ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 8 minutes ago
- › The (new) HD800 Appreciation Thread 9 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD 598 Appreciation Thread 13 minutes ago
- › iFi Audio Nano iDSD announced 13 minutes ago
- › Misleading recommendations on HE-400? 14 minutes ago
- › Fiio X5 Thread - info updated on Jan 17th 2014 14 minutes ago
- › Sony MDR-V55/BR DJ style Headphones by Vero Golf Champ
- › Pure i20 iPod Dock by Gruffnutz
- › Astell & Kern AK240 by Currawong
- › Shure SE215 Special Edition by TherryK13
- › V-MODA XS by Tom22
- › Sony MDR-XD100 Stereo Headphones by xflight297
- › RAZER Kraken Pro Circumaural Analog Gaming Headset - Black by Bonny
- › HifiMan Electronics HM-700 DAC with RE-400b Balanced In-Ear... by lin0003
- › Astrotec AX35 by tomscy2000
- › Denon AH-D600 by derbigpr
- › Westone latest universal iem flagship was the... by majedelamine
- › How to find the Tokyo e-earphone shop by Currawong
- › The Best BASS Headphones ( a Head-Fi Wiki) by Hawaiibadboy
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by joe
- › Adjusting bias on Stax tube amplifiers by ardilla
- › Headphone Power Calculator Spreadsheet by robrob
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob