I listen to Hip Hop,Rap,R&B,and Reggaeton mostly.I currently have v moda crossfade lp's and use them at school and at the gym.I'm looking to upgrade to headphones that are better than beats pro in the $200-$400 price range.I'm looking for ones that can be used with a smartphone,no amp needed and look stylish.I appreciate the help.
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 1/23/12
- productV-MODA Crossfade M-80tagged by System, 1/23/12
- productV-MODA XFLPR-ROUGE Crossfade LP Overear Headphones (Rouge)tagged by System, 1/23/12
Related Forum Threads
- Best headphones for hip hop Last post on 10/18/12 at 12:36pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- On Ear Headphones with iPhone Remote - recommendations? Last post on 10/2/12 at 7:50am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Your take on the v-moda crossfade lp's Last post on 1/2/12 at 3:18pm in Headphones (full-size)
- V-moda Crossfade LP Last post on 9/17/11 at 3:12pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Shure SRH240 vs Sony MDR-XB700 vs V-Moda Crossfade LP Last post on 9/16/11 at 5:33pm in Headphones (full-size)
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
It might be one of your favorite cans if you pay an intense listen to them for a few hours. Really its a steal while you might get it for 60ish or 80ish. I got mine for 75 ish. I still wonder why...
The MEE Audio RX18P was sent to me from MEE Audio with the intention to compare it to some of the most popular Chinese budget offerings and let Mike know the result of my findings. The ida was not...
In the audio world, nobody can say we don’t have a tonne of choice available to us. Some audition gear with slight differences to find the piece that truly stands out to them. This...
A good sounding inexpensive product. As of my late work has pushed me to have to work at many hours at once on writing Visual Novels, I began asking myself if there is a buds solution that...
I just sell my Yamaha EPH-100, so before I forget how they sound I will write a little review here. My attempt for this micro driver earphones was BIG, especially because of the praise I found...
Portable Headphones better than beats pro
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 141/23/12 at 12:13ampost #3 of 141/24/12 at 1:38pmThread Starterpost #4 of 141/31/12 at 11:11ampost #5 of 141/31/12 at 12:20pm
if your worried about stylish, stick with beats. youll have everyones attention with those and will know your cool. Once your past that phase i would say a set of ultrasone hfi-780 or the pro 900. The 900's are a little bit more on the pricier side. I rock my pro700mk2's at the gym and have guys come up to me wondering what kind of cans i have on because of the blacked out look on them! I laugh at the dudes with beats on at the gym.post #6 of 142/10/12 at 8:14amQuote:
More stylish than Crossfade M-80s. That's a heavy order. I have the V-80s and they go around my neck just fine. Plus, unamped, these things get LOUD!post #7 of 142/10/12 at 8:17ampost #8 of 142/16/12 at 9:19pmpost #9 of 142/16/12 at 9:51pmpost #10 of 142/16/12 at 10:46pmpost #11 of 142/16/12 at 11:27pmQuote:
Lolwut M80s not stylish? Maybe the Phiaton MS400 then? I would like to note that I don't think you can wear Beats Pros comfortably around the neck either.post #12 of 142/17/12 at 5:35ampost #13 of 143/2/12 at 2:35am
When I first saw Beats, I thought it was another toy (I have limited exposure to ads, as I do not have a cable (or any antenna), I read newspappers monthly at best, and buy only a few magazines a year). But I should not pass judgement on their sound, as my experience is limited to big electronics chains headphone demo racks (nevertheless I did noteice their BASS).
speaking of portables in this price bracket, I have beyerdynamic DT 1350 and Sennheiser HD 25 Adidas.
As for beyer T50P, some reviews were raving; however, I have not heard them, -- I was put off by the critical comments (there are quite a few).
DT 1350 get almost nothing but prise and, may I add, right fully so! HD 25-1 II is no slouch, either -- and in Adidas guise it is at least as stylish as Beats. But probably that's only me.
I have tried both in various situations. For a gym I strongly prefer HD 25, as they are lighter, cheaper and go nicely with my bright blue top. I won't be getting a grey top so as not to be tempted to use DT 1350 at a gym, -- they are a bit heavier, do not stay on your ears as well as HD 25 do, and they costed me almost 70% more than HD 25.
I prefer DT 1350 for trips and commute for their handy travel case and overall sound quality across most types of music, - but for use in a gym, HD 25 are better due to their sheer PRaT.
Edited by Rudolfs - 3/2/12 at 2:45ampost #14 of 143/2/12 at 7:18am
I laughed when I saw "better than beats pro"
You can achieve that with even $100 headphones.
As other have said:
If you want "even more stylish" then stick to your beats, but don't expect value for money, nor sound quality to come with it.
If its style > sound quality - then beats are supposedly the best for it.
Even though when i see them it reminds me of 15yr old hip-hop wanna-be kids who think they are cool.
Up to you - your look - your choice.
I rather walk out with some Denon's, Ultrasone's, Sennheiser's and feel "superior" to beats owners. (in my own head)Return HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Portable Headphones better than beats pro
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › Introducing the new Continental V5 portable tube amp 20 seconds ago
- › T.H.E Show Newport 2016 June 3-5 2 minutes ago
- › Feliks-Audio ELISE...New thread. 2 minutes ago
- › XMOS XU208 USB BRIDGES - THE LATEST GEN HAS ARRIVED! 2 minutes ago
- › Hifiman he-400i Impressions and Discussion 3 minutes ago
- › Free: Canon EF 50mm F1:1.4 Lens 4 minutes ago
- › Watches - another passion of ours, it seems...post your pics! 5 minutes ago
- › 1964 Ears Adel IEMs 6 minutes ago
- › Eddie Current Zana Deux owners 7 minutes ago
- › removable cables on my Sennheser HD 650s keep failing 7 minutes ago
- › Philips SHP9500 by Mosauwer
- › MEE Audio RX18 Comfort-Fit In-Ear Headphones with Enhanced Bass... by peter123
- › Schiit Magni 2 by Aornic
- › FiiO EM3 Open Earbud Earphones with In-Line Microphone (Black) by Dobrescu George
- › Yamaha EPH-M100 High-Performance Earphones by Nymphonomaniac
- › PMV A-01 HYBIRD IEM by peter123
- › Cayin N5 DSD Lossless Music Player by H20Fidelity
- › Campfire Audio Orion by piksnz
- › Audio-Technica ATH-R70x | R Series Professional Open Back Dynamic... by Asr
- › 1MORE EO323 Dual Driver In-Ear Headphones with In-line Microphone... by leesure
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse