I listen to Hip Hop,Rap,R&B,and Reggaeton mostly.I currently have v moda crossfade lp's and use them at school and at the gym.I'm looking to upgrade to headphones that are better than beats pro in the $200-$400 price range.I'm looking for ones that can be used with a smartphone,no amp needed and look stylish.I appreciate the help.
Related Forum Threads
- Best headphones for hip hop Last post on 10/18/12 at 12:36pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Buying new headphones, please help? Last post on 10/18/12 at 5:20pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Travelling headphones - ath-m50 or v-moda m80/100 Last post on 10/16/12 at 2:19pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- On Ear Headphones with iPhone Remote - recommendations? Last post on 10/2/12 at 7:50am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Looking for a new pair of cans with bass Last post on 6/19/13 at 6:51pm in Headphones (full-size)
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
Preamble: At HiFime, all started with the production of the Tripath TK2050 speaker amplification chip. Nowadays they are mostly known for their portable DACs that use valuable...
I've only been in this game since January but have bought a new IEM every month (at pay day obviously). Nothing yet has come close to being my go-to IEM. (I should note...I bought the Titans for...
Nuforce HEM4 – impressions and comparison with HEM2 After listening to the HEM2s recently courtesy of the Nuforce Massdrop, I managed to pick up a pair of the next model in their HEM series (the...
http://www.shozy-hk.com/zero-earphone/ Preamble: I was honored to receive an invitation to join in the Delta test of the pre-production Shozy Zero around April 16th. I received the unit...
Portable Headphones better than beats pro
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 141/23/12 at 12:13ampost #3 of 141/24/12 at 1:38pmThread Starterpost #4 of 141/31/12 at 11:11ampost #5 of 141/31/12 at 12:20pm
if your worried about stylish, stick with beats. youll have everyones attention with those and will know your cool. Once your past that phase i would say a set of ultrasone hfi-780 or the pro 900. The 900's are a little bit more on the pricier side. I rock my pro700mk2's at the gym and have guys come up to me wondering what kind of cans i have on because of the blacked out look on them! I laugh at the dudes with beats on at the gym.post #6 of 142/10/12 at 8:14amQuote:
More stylish than Crossfade M-80s. That's a heavy order. I have the V-80s and they go around my neck just fine. Plus, unamped, these things get LOUD!post #7 of 142/10/12 at 8:17ampost #8 of 142/16/12 at 9:19pmpost #9 of 142/16/12 at 9:51pmpost #10 of 142/16/12 at 10:46pmpost #11 of 142/16/12 at 11:27pmQuote:
Lolwut M80s not stylish? Maybe the Phiaton MS400 then? I would like to note that I don't think you can wear Beats Pros comfortably around the neck either.post #12 of 142/17/12 at 5:35ampost #13 of 143/2/12 at 2:35am
When I first saw Beats, I thought it was another toy (I have limited exposure to ads, as I do not have a cable (or any antenna), I read newspappers monthly at best, and buy only a few magazines a year). But I should not pass judgement on their sound, as my experience is limited to big electronics chains headphone demo racks (nevertheless I did noteice their BASS).
speaking of portables in this price bracket, I have beyerdynamic DT 1350 and Sennheiser HD 25 Adidas.
As for beyer T50P, some reviews were raving; however, I have not heard them, -- I was put off by the critical comments (there are quite a few).
DT 1350 get almost nothing but prise and, may I add, right fully so! HD 25-1 II is no slouch, either -- and in Adidas guise it is at least as stylish as Beats. But probably that's only me.
I have tried both in various situations. For a gym I strongly prefer HD 25, as they are lighter, cheaper and go nicely with my bright blue top. I won't be getting a grey top so as not to be tempted to use DT 1350 at a gym, -- they are a bit heavier, do not stay on your ears as well as HD 25 do, and they costed me almost 70% more than HD 25.
I prefer DT 1350 for trips and commute for their handy travel case and overall sound quality across most types of music, - but for use in a gym, HD 25 are better due to their sheer PRaT.
Edited by Rudolfs - 3/2/12 at 2:45ampost #14 of 143/2/12 at 7:18am
I laughed when I saw "better than beats pro"
You can achieve that with even $100 headphones.
As other have said:
If you want "even more stylish" then stick to your beats, but don't expect value for money, nor sound quality to come with it.
If its style > sound quality - then beats are supposedly the best for it.
Even though when i see them it reminds me of 15yr old hip-hop wanna-be kids who think they are cool.
Up to you - your look - your choice.
I rather walk out with some Denon's, Ultrasone's, Sennheiser's and feel "superior" to beats owners. (in my own head)Return HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Portable Headphones better than beats pro
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 2 seconds ago
- › Noble Audio - the Wizard returns! 1 minute ago
- › Final Audio Design Impressions and Discussion Thread 1 minute ago
- › Violectric HPA V281 - Vorsprung durch Balanced 2 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD800S Unveiled! 2 minutes ago
- › Ausdom ANC7 Active Noise Cancelling Bluetooth Headphone Impressions... 3 minutes ago
- › Chord Mojo - The Official Thread .☆*¨*★. Please READ the 3rd... 4 minutes ago
- › Is the Head Fi Market missing Retail Stores? (in the US) 5 minutes ago
- › The Best IEM's for Bass are...... (Basshead IEM's) 5 minutes ago
- › ZhiYin QT5 4BA + 1DD Impressions Thread 5 minutes ago
- › HiFime SPDIF Optical 9018 DAC by HiFiChris
- › Dunu TITAN 1 — titanium-coated diaphragm earphones by harry501501
- › TFZ Series 1 by TwinACStacks
- › NuForce HEM4 Reference Class Hi-Res In-Ear Headphones with Dual... by Jackpot77
- › SHOZY Zero IEM by TwinACStacks
- › Fostex TH-X00 Massdrop exclusive by bestula
- › Sennheiser HD 700 Headphone by DJ Liquid
- › Rockit Sounds R-50 by puccipaolo
- › Cavalli Audio Liquid Carbon by Aornic
- › oBravo EAMT-3w Hybrid Dynamic Driver and Heil Air Motion Transducer... by glassmonkey
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...