I listen to Hip Hop,Rap,R&B,and Reggaeton mostly.I currently have v moda crossfade lp's and use them at school and at the gym.I'm looking to upgrade to headphones that are better than beats pro in the $200-$400 price range.I'm looking for ones that can be used with a smartphone,no amp needed and look stylish.I appreciate the help.
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 1/23/12
- productV-MODA Crossfade M-80tagged by System, 1/23/12
- productV-MODA XFLPR-ROUGE Crossfade LP Overear Headphones (Rouge)tagged by System, 1/23/12
Related Forum Threads
- Best headphones for hip hop Last post on 10/18/12 at 12:36pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- On Ear Headphones with iPhone Remote - recommendations? Last post on 10/2/12 at 7:50am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Your take on the v-moda crossfade lp's Last post on 1/2/12 at 3:18pm in Headphones (full-size)
- V-moda Crossfade LP Last post on 9/17/11 at 3:12pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Shure SRH240 vs Sony MDR-XB700 vs V-Moda Crossfade LP Last post on 9/16/11 at 5:33pm in Headphones (full-size)
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
Everything sounds great, extremely clean and extremely detailed on the HD 650. Fantastic clean sound, fantastic resolution, fantastic tone, warm, extremely well balanced, great bass (not...
EL-8 fuses the best of many worlds for me. Picture if you will, the deepest, well defined bass you have ever heard. Now add to the picture the warmth only a ribbon tweeter can produce. Top all this...
M6 Pro reviewThe original m6 holds a special place in my heart. It was my first iem purchased after joining Head-fi. It was also my first pair of quality in ear headphones and a stepping stone that...
2 years ago when Fiio X3 came in place, I was so proud to say that it was one the best high quality digital audio player on the market at that time with a very good smooth sound, engaging bass...
They beat my DT 770's. That was enough for me. Everything about them was better. Vocal clarity, soundstage....upfront vocals...beautiful and not just for the price. Under rated... people don't...
Portable Headphones better than beats pro
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 141/23/12 at 12:13ampost #3 of 141/24/12 at 1:38pmThread Starterpost #4 of 141/31/12 at 11:11ampost #5 of 141/31/12 at 12:20pm
if your worried about stylish, stick with beats. youll have everyones attention with those and will know your cool. Once your past that phase i would say a set of ultrasone hfi-780 or the pro 900. The 900's are a little bit more on the pricier side. I rock my pro700mk2's at the gym and have guys come up to me wondering what kind of cans i have on because of the blacked out look on them! I laugh at the dudes with beats on at the gym.post #6 of 142/10/12 at 8:14amQuote:
More stylish than Crossfade M-80s. That's a heavy order. I have the V-80s and they go around my neck just fine. Plus, unamped, these things get LOUD!post #7 of 142/10/12 at 8:17ampost #8 of 142/16/12 at 9:19pmpost #9 of 142/16/12 at 9:51pmpost #10 of 142/16/12 at 10:46pmpost #11 of 142/16/12 at 11:27pmQuote:
Lolwut M80s not stylish? Maybe the Phiaton MS400 then? I would like to note that I don't think you can wear Beats Pros comfortably around the neck either.post #12 of 142/17/12 at 5:35ampost #13 of 143/2/12 at 2:35am
When I first saw Beats, I thought it was another toy (I have limited exposure to ads, as I do not have a cable (or any antenna), I read newspappers monthly at best, and buy only a few magazines a year). But I should not pass judgement on their sound, as my experience is limited to big electronics chains headphone demo racks (nevertheless I did noteice their BASS).
speaking of portables in this price bracket, I have beyerdynamic DT 1350 and Sennheiser HD 25 Adidas.
As for beyer T50P, some reviews were raving; however, I have not heard them, -- I was put off by the critical comments (there are quite a few).
DT 1350 get almost nothing but prise and, may I add, right fully so! HD 25-1 II is no slouch, either -- and in Adidas guise it is at least as stylish as Beats. But probably that's only me.
I have tried both in various situations. For a gym I strongly prefer HD 25, as they are lighter, cheaper and go nicely with my bright blue top. I won't be getting a grey top so as not to be tempted to use DT 1350 at a gym, -- they are a bit heavier, do not stay on your ears as well as HD 25 do, and they costed me almost 70% more than HD 25.
I prefer DT 1350 for trips and commute for their handy travel case and overall sound quality across most types of music, - but for use in a gym, HD 25 are better due to their sheer PRaT.
Edited by Rudolfs - 3/2/12 at 2:45ampost #14 of 143/2/12 at 7:18am
I laughed when I saw "better than beats pro"
You can achieve that with even $100 headphones.
As other have said:
If you want "even more stylish" then stick to your beats, but don't expect value for money, nor sound quality to come with it.
If its style > sound quality - then beats are supposedly the best for it.
Even though when i see them it reminds me of 15yr old hip-hop wanna-be kids who think they are cool.
Up to you - your look - your choice.
I rather walk out with some Denon's, Ultrasone's, Sennheiser's and feel "superior" to beats owners. (in my own head)Return HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Portable Headphones better than beats pro
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › New Schiit! Ragnarok and Yggdrasil 29 seconds ago
- › Sony's New 2014 flagship IEM - XBA Z5 35 seconds ago
- › Quesion about Y-splitters: Color-coded vs unmarked 38 seconds ago
- › ***NEW*** Cavalli Audio's Liquid Carbon... a $599 Cavalli amp??? 43 seconds ago
- › Thoughts on a bunch of DACs (and why delta-sigma sucks) 47 seconds ago
- › Schiit Lyr Tube Rollers 1 minute ago
- › PONO - Neil Youngs portable hi-res music player 1 minute ago
- › PSB M4U 1 or Mr Speakers Mad Dog 1 minute ago
- › Light Harmonic Geek Wave 1 minute ago
- › Formula 1-fi (Read the First Post!) 1 minute ago
- › Sennheiser HD 650 Headphones by Petrosmalk
- › Audeze EL-8 Open-Back by tonyjoy
- › MEElectronics M6 PRO Universal-Fit Noise-Isolating Musician’s... by indieman
- › FiiO X3 2nd gen Ultraportable Hi-Res DAP by kytuphicanh
- › Takstar Pro 80 by alphaproject
- › Sony Playstation PS One - Video Game Console by Stereocilia
- › TTPOD T1-E High Definition Dual Dynamic Professional In-ear Earphone by Wokei
- › OPPO PM-3 by Soundsgoodtome
- › Focal XS Satellite Speakers with Dock for iPod and MP3 Players by cuiter23
- › Noontec ZORO II HD Headphone, Professional Sound Good Sound... by twister6
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2