I listen to Hip Hop,Rap,R&B,and Reggaeton mostly.I currently have v moda crossfade lp's and use them at school and at the gym.I'm looking to upgrade to headphones that are better than beats pro in the $200-$400 price range.I'm looking for ones that can be used with a smartphone,no amp needed and look stylish.I appreciate the help.
Related Forum Threads
- Best headphones for hip hop Last post on 10/18/12 at 12:36pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Buying new headphones, please help? Last post on 10/18/12 at 5:20pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Travelling headphones - ath-m50 or v-moda m80/100 Last post on 10/16/12 at 2:19pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- On Ear Headphones with iPhone Remote - recommendations? Last post on 10/2/12 at 7:50am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Looking for a new pair of cans with bass Last post on 6/19/13 at 6:51pm in Headphones (full-size)
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
Bought these bad boys on sale from Harman Audio. Very clear and balanced sound for the price range, I have also had some good Grado SR80i headphones that I gave to my brother but the AKG K550 has...
Introduction Based on the very successful Delta earphones previously, Brainwavz has come up with a second version of the Delta’s, now upgraded with Bluetooth 4.1 connectivity. As these are...
Introduction FiiO X5 3rd generation is the successor of the loved by many X5 2nd generation DAP from FiiO. I requested to be a part of the tour for X5 3rd gen because I really wanted to hear...
After spending over a week of daily listening to these ciems I can confidently say that I have made an excellent choice with these ciems. There is nothing that i can say that hasn't been already...
Greetings Head-fi! Today we'll be checking out a micro-driver that's been, for the most part, well-received around the forums. Their small size, low price, and sonic performance have made them a...
Portable Headphones better than beats pro
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 141/23/12 at 12:13ampost #3 of 141/24/12 at 1:38pmThread Starterpost #4 of 141/31/12 at 11:11ampost #5 of 141/31/12 at 12:20pm
if your worried about stylish, stick with beats. youll have everyones attention with those and will know your cool. Once your past that phase i would say a set of ultrasone hfi-780 or the pro 900. The 900's are a little bit more on the pricier side. I rock my pro700mk2's at the gym and have guys come up to me wondering what kind of cans i have on because of the blacked out look on them! I laugh at the dudes with beats on at the gym.post #6 of 142/10/12 at 8:14amQuote:
More stylish than Crossfade M-80s. That's a heavy order. I have the V-80s and they go around my neck just fine. Plus, unamped, these things get LOUD!post #7 of 142/10/12 at 8:17ampost #8 of 142/16/12 at 9:19pmpost #9 of 142/16/12 at 9:51pmpost #10 of 142/16/12 at 10:46pmpost #11 of 142/16/12 at 11:27pmQuote:
Lolwut M80s not stylish? Maybe the Phiaton MS400 then? I would like to note that I don't think you can wear Beats Pros comfortably around the neck either.post #12 of 142/17/12 at 5:35ampost #13 of 143/2/12 at 2:35am
When I first saw Beats, I thought it was another toy (I have limited exposure to ads, as I do not have a cable (or any antenna), I read newspappers monthly at best, and buy only a few magazines a year). But I should not pass judgement on their sound, as my experience is limited to big electronics chains headphone demo racks (nevertheless I did noteice their BASS).
speaking of portables in this price bracket, I have beyerdynamic DT 1350 and Sennheiser HD 25 Adidas.
As for beyer T50P, some reviews were raving; however, I have not heard them, -- I was put off by the critical comments (there are quite a few).
DT 1350 get almost nothing but prise and, may I add, right fully so! HD 25-1 II is no slouch, either -- and in Adidas guise it is at least as stylish as Beats. But probably that's only me.
I have tried both in various situations. For a gym I strongly prefer HD 25, as they are lighter, cheaper and go nicely with my bright blue top. I won't be getting a grey top so as not to be tempted to use DT 1350 at a gym, -- they are a bit heavier, do not stay on your ears as well as HD 25 do, and they costed me almost 70% more than HD 25.
I prefer DT 1350 for trips and commute for their handy travel case and overall sound quality across most types of music, - but for use in a gym, HD 25 are better due to their sheer PRaT.
Edited by Rudolfs - 3/2/12 at 2:45ampost #14 of 143/2/12 at 7:18am
I laughed when I saw "better than beats pro"
You can achieve that with even $100 headphones.
As other have said:
If you want "even more stylish" then stick to your beats, but don't expect value for money, nor sound quality to come with it.
If its style > sound quality - then beats are supposedly the best for it.
Even though when i see them it reminds me of 15yr old hip-hop wanna-be kids who think they are cool.
Up to you - your look - your choice.
I rather walk out with some Denon's, Ultrasone's, Sennheiser's and feel "superior" to beats owners. (in my own head)Return HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Portable Headphones better than beats pro
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › Schiit Gungnir DAC 22 seconds ago
- › Monoprice Monolith M1060 and M560 Planar Headphones 1 minute ago
- › Tidal Lossless Streaming 1 minute ago
- › MYSPHERE 3.1-UNIQUE in SOUND&DESIGN&BUILD QUALITY 1 minute ago
- › Meze 99 Classics Discussion + Impressions Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Astell & Kern Junior (AK Jr.) Impressions Thread 2 minutes ago
- › What a long, strange trip it's been -- (Robert Hunter) 3 minutes ago
- › Schiit Freya Impressions and Tube Rolling Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Focal Utopia (& a little Elear) impressions and discussion 4 minutes ago
- › New Dragonfly Black and Red Discussion 4 minutes ago
- › AKG K 550 by Simurgh
- › Brainwavz BLU-Delta Bluetooth Earbud Wireless Noise Isolating... by chompchomps
- › FiiO X5 3rd gen Premium Hi-Res DAP by Dobrescu George
- › Noble Audio Kaiser 10 by ss5972
- › Joyroom JR-E107 Metal Headphone In-Ear Earphone With Control And... by B9Scrambler
- › Chord MoJo by mswlogo
- › RHA CL1 Ceramic by Jackpot77
- › iFi Audio micro iDSD by BillsonChang007
- › EarSonics SM3 Universal Fit IEM by mrstrangeguy
- › FiiO X5 2nd gen Premium Hi-Res DAP by Dobrescu George
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear