I'm looking for a new pair of hp's. Used the Senn's PMX100 for about 4 years, and counting. But the neckband's really irritating if wearing them too long.
1. I listen to:
dance / sometimes bass
alternative/ pop/ sometimes rock
good movie soundtracks
Closed/open?.. My PMX100's are open, and maybe I'll prefer closed this time.
- it has to be portable, on-ear, no huge shells cuz I wear them all the time, if not listening I wear them around my neck
- comfortable, I'll wear them for about 3-4 hours a day
- has to be sturdy, in any weather condition
- good SQ without using amp, with some bass (but not overwhelming)
- cable thickness is a plus, also a 45/90 degrees connector (--> iPod Touch)
- design is a plus, I like to have some nice looking hp's with good SQ
- budget up to €200
3. What I've tried so far
- Beats Solo --> good sq, I like the bass, I like the size of the shells, cable thickness and comfyness.. but it's way overpriced and build quality is very poor.
- Sennheiser HD25-1 II --> I've tested the HD25 -1 II in a shop, but I'm quite disappointed. The sound isn't that "loud" as many say. Also I'm not hearing anything different in sound compared with the PMX100's. Ah well, I don't have much experience at all but I do know the HD25's are not what I'm looking for. It sounds clear, but I miss some bass. For me it's not worth the €150.
4. Other possibilities but I'm not sure they will be what I'm looking for:
- Audio-Technica ATH-ES55
- V-Moda Crossfade M-80
Can anyone please help / give advice?
Edited by iSenzz - 1/22/12 at 4:23pm