- 1,722 Posts. Joined 11/2010
- Location: United Kingdom
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- AKG K550 vs. Audio-Technica ATH-M50 Last post on 1/12/15 at 4:37am in Headphones (full-size)
- KNS 8400 / ATH M-50 / DT 770 / SRH840?? Last post on 6/19/12 at 2:19pm in Headphones (full-size)
- AKG K550 vs. Shure srh840 vs Denon D2000...which one should i get? Last post on 6/27/12 at 7:32pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Should I get the Audio Technica ATH-m50s? Last post on 6/6/12 at 10:10pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Portability, sound quality, comfort - impossible in one pair of cans? Last post on 6/24/12 at 6:16am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 11/28/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2Last edited: 12/5/14
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
I actually have the ES900m, which doesn't have microphone and control buttons, but the rest is the same. For $6 it's impossible to buy a pair of earphones as good as them. I really believe...
This review will compare between the two semi-flagship headphones from two companies; The K712 headphones from AKG, and the HD700 from Sennheiser. "Expect and discover. The perfection." -box...
Before I start my review, I would like to Thank Noontec for providing me with a review sample of your Hammo S headphones. Still fresh in my mind how I almost missed an opportunity to review...
I have been using a E09K to power my DT990 600ohm cans for over two years now, long enough that I don't really remember exactly when I got it but for sure over two years. I use this thing every...
First and foremost, a big thank you to those at Noble Audio who has sent me a unit to review. The Noble Audio customer service experience has been a joy to behold. Brannan is always on hand to deal...
Review: Philips Fidelio L1 [Updated 5/14] - Page 34post #496 of 73411/28/12 at 2:27amI think I have a pretty large head... L1 feels fine.
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #497 of 73411/28/12 at 3:38amhello,
I think i would like the treble and soundstaging of the momentum.
I wnder if the apple store sells the philips x1 and or the momentum? Would be nice to go o that store once more and compare.
Greetings, Anouk,post #498 of 73411/28/12 at 3:40amQuote:
Far from it: I did not say they don't go loud enough. But they need more power than other headphones I use to reach the same feeling of volume (in part due to the different sound signature I'd say).post #499 of 73411/28/12 at 3:40amps:
To me the ma does see mto have a bit of a warm/veil not not nearly as much as the hd650. On some tracks the midrange does seem a bit recessed but not to an extreme extend. This oes meanfor me htough that music sounds a bit distant as if you are not really there. I cant explain it. But it is not a big problem and ingeneral i enjoy everything through the philips, audio recordings as well as music. I guess i can adapt to different sund signatures after all as long as it is good as a whole.
Greetings, Anoukpost #500 of 73411/28/12 at 4:27amnot to rain on the macy's parade, but as far as philips goes, i just returned the x1("a preponderance of bass, perhaps,"(joel)). way too bass heavy. you must eq down bass every time you use the things, its a drag.... decent mids, nothing more to say really except that woman in the promo photos for the x1 looks great in these things, however seems as if philips "photoshopped" the images of her because the headband is quite grand shall we say, something akin to a viking helmet.....and the leather that everyone is so enamoured with has the consistency of one of those faux dog bones that zeke clenches immediately in his teeth, crawls under the bed, and you won't see him again for a week.post #501 of 73411/28/12 at 5:38amHello,
The bass is a bit more then what i am used to but for me that is no problem like it is with some grado and beyer cans i owned in the past (dt990), it does not overpower the mids for me and is there only when called for. The mids could be a bit more prominent/forward/open for my liking though.
I love the black background on these though everything really pops out and there is also no hiss whatsoever.
Greetings, Anouk,post #502 of 73411/28/12 at 5:52am
This might be good information for the X1 thread... thanks for posting it here...Quote:Originally Posted by raymag 75
not to rain on the macy's parade, but as far as philips goes, i just returned the x1("a preponderance of bass, perhaps,"(joel)). way too bass heavy. you must eq down bass every time you use the things, its a drag.... decent mids, nothing more to say really except that woman in the promo photos for the x1 looks great in these things, however seems as if philips "photoshopped" the images of her because the headband is quite grand shall we say, something akin to a viking helmet.....and the leather that everyone is so enamoured with has the consistency of one of those faux dog bones that zeke clenches immediately in his teeth, crawls under the bed, and you won't see him again for a week.post #503 of 73412/5/12 at 7:40pmI just receive my L1 (#16138)
What i'm surprise about is they are not easy to drive like i read a lot, they suck on my Samsung S2 (even Uptowns sound better), but they are the greatest headphones i had listen on my comp and on my MCM906
They need a good source to apreciate their wonderful musicality, or they can be really badpost #504 of 73412/6/12 at 3:12amHello,
Yes i would still love to listen to these with a good portable dac/amp. In the past i really liked the ibasso products but they are a bit large imho if you also want to take them with you with a phone.
Greetings, Anouk,post #505 of 73412/9/12 at 12:51amJust to say something i read nowhere, the L1 works with apple devices but with android ones too (at least with my Samsung S2). I read that we could only take a call with the remote, but we can stop the song and change the track double clicking on the middle button
It works even better with the app Poweramp (more comfy than the original, there is a full EQ and it find every song on the mobile, with faster access), just need a long presspost #506 of 73412/16/12 at 5:44ampost #507 of 73412/16/12 at 9:39amThread Starter
Funny you ask because I've been writing a comparison for the past days. Unfortunately, in German for another forum. :P
So here's the conclusion:
The Philips will be more fun for casual users, background music, office environment, uncomplicated reproduction of music with a lively presentation. L1 has a deeper soundstage.
The M50, although definitely a fun 'phone, is more serious with a much better balance. However, it's also more fatiguing. M50 has a wider soundstage.
Both have too much bass, but the M50 also has too much highs. Resolution is comparable, but I'm not 100% sure yet, so I haven't released my comparison review yet.
M50 let's you search details in the recording. L1 just gives you music.
They are very different.post #508 of 73412/16/12 at 9:09pm
I already have a L1 and agree with you about it, but i was hoping to buy a M50 because Im a newbie and everwhere I search, people recomends these phone.
Would you call them (L1) a entry level headphone for people who are willing to pay a little more ? Because for other some reviews i readed, many don't consider them a high end headphone.
(sorry if I said something very worong, as i said, im a newbie and certainly not and audiophilie, actually, very recently i starded to use my phones with high quality musics).post #509 of 73412/17/12 at 3:20amThread Starter
I think the M50 is the better entry-can if you want to get into HiFi. It has everything you need to figure out where you want to go next. Extended highs, deep bass, clean vocals, soundstage, etc.. It's all there, but nothing is extremely well done. But it's like the perfect homework to figure out what you like so the Audio-Technica definitely deserves a recommendation for entry audiophile headphone.
The L1 is going somewhere else. It has the pleasing presentation. It's uncomplicated and fun. Bad recordings will sound much better with the L1 than with the M50. It's an intelligent design for consumers. As far as easy-listening, easy to drive and portable fun headphones go, I think the L1 is still on the very top and I'd be surprised to see this change within the next year. For consumer iPhone users it currently is high-end. I think it sounds more cohesive and harmonic than the M50. Maybe too much so for some.post #510 of 73412/20/12 at 10:01pm
Hey guys I know this is the Fidelio thread but there aren't any Downtown threads that are really active, so maybe guys can help me with this.
I've got some issues with my Downtowns, and I'm just wondering if it's just how the headphone is, or if I got a bad pair.
First of all, the bass is really low. Granted, my main earphones are Monster Turbine Pro Coppers, which have a lot of bass, but still... It's clear and all, but so much in the background it's hard to hear sometimes. To me these seem very mid/high centric.
Secondly, when I put the volume up (I take the subway every day so I kind of have to), they sound TERRIBLE. The highs are so shrill it hurts my ears. These are great at low volumes but at higher volumes they just fall apart.
Is this normal? Or should I exchange them for another pair?
These are also my first pair ever of on ears (my other headphones are the Sony MDR-7506 and the Meelectronics M6 and A151), so perhaps this is just common to on-ears, I have no clue.
Thanks a lot and have a nice day!
- Review: Philips Fidelio L1 [Updated 5/14]
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Philips Fidelio L2 [Australia - New Zealand Tour] - Review and... 19 seconds ago
- › The Apex Teton Review and Impressions Thread 40 seconds ago
- › FiiO X5 2nd gen Impressions and Discussion + Tour Application... 54 seconds ago
- › Official Free FLAC File Music Sharing Thread 3 minutes ago
- › NAD Viso HP50 : Another superb headphone from Paul Barton? 7 minutes ago
- › "The Lab" 9 minutes ago
- › Thoughts on a bunch of DACs (and why delta-sigma kinda sucks, just... 10 minutes ago
- › Shure SE846 Impressions Thread 10 minutes ago
- › What Are You Listening To Right Now? -New thread, new rules. Please... 10 minutes ago
- › PS1000 Impressions Thread 11 minutes ago
- › AWEI ES-900i Headset Earphones Speakers with Mic for Smart Phone -... by mrplt
- › AKG K712 Pro by KopaZ
- › Noontec Hammo S Over Ear Headphone Audiophile Sound Stylish Looking... by twister6
- › FiiO E09K by Chuck Canada
- › Noble Audio Savant by uchihaitachi
- › RHA T10i by zim2411
- › SanDisk Sansa Clip+ 8 GB MP3 Player (Black) by ardacer
- › Audio-Technica ATH-M50x by sagar khichi
- › RHA MA750i by Onthecoast
- › Dunu TITAN 1 — titanium-coated diaphragm earphones by YoYo JoKeR
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2