He was asking about the Beyerdynamic Custom One Pro DJ headphone, but yeah, custom IEM are probably awesome.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- AKG K550 vs. Audio-Technica ATH-M50 Last post on 1/12/15 at 4:37am in Headphones (full-size)
- KNS 8400 / ATH M-50 / DT 770 / SRH840?? Last post on 6/19/12 at 2:19pm in Headphones (full-size)
- AKG K550 vs. Shure srh840 vs Denon D2000...which one should i get? Last post on 6/27/12 at 7:32pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Should I get the Audio Technica ATH-m50s? Last post on 6/6/12 at 10:10pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Portability, sound quality, comfort - impossible in one pair of cans? Last post on 6/24/12 at 6:16am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 8/6/15
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
You got a budget? You want Bluetooth Earphones? Buy the Qy7. Simple. Done. Easy. There is a little more to it though. Important features is the V4.1 Bluetooth connection, this...
What is Cozoy Aegis?: Did you remember Cozoy Astrapi DAC/AMP? Well this is the brother of it Aegis (right) Aegis (left) and Astrapi (right) Cozoy Aegis is a...
You probably already know OPPO as a smartphone brand, but the company called OPPO Digital isn’t exactly the same. It is the American sister company of the Chinese smartphone company, and its main...
Design/durability: The earpiece seems very durable, although there are some light finish issues. The braided cable is one of the best in the industry: there are barely any microphonics, it feels...
They sound better than anything I've heard at this price point. I use these earbuds with my iPod Nano every day. The one thing that makes these things annoying as crap is the stupid cable that gets...
Review: Philips Fidelio L1 [Updated 5/14] - Page 33post #481 of 74411/16/12 at 6:42pmThread Starter
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #482 of 74411/16/12 at 7:18pmpost #483 of 74411/17/12 at 7:15amHello everyone,
I was wondering if anyone can compare these to the denon d1100? Especially sound signature and presentation. I am interested in buying either of these two.
Greetings, Anouk,post #484 of 74411/21/12 at 11:20pmpost #485 of 74411/22/12 at 3:24pmHi guys,
I will get these philips fidelio l1 headphones on saturday. One thing that I am wondering and worrying about though is, how are they comparing to the sennheiser momentum? I would like an allround nice-looking headphone in the end and am trying to decide between these two.
For me the fact that Philips originates in the Netherlands is a nice fact but in the end i want the headphone that sounds the best.
Thanks in advance for any information
Greetings, Anouk,post #486 of 74411/23/12 at 12:36amQuote:
X1 are not allround headphones, they made only for home use, compaired to Momentum I guess they have more bass... But again if you need allround headphones you migh better go for Momentum or something else, another solution would be- to buy a second pair for outdoor use (that's what I am going to do )post #487 of 74411/23/12 at 2:22amHi, I was talking about the l1 not the x1. After reading this thread i think the l1 would be perfectly usable for me outside. Still thinking of returning them though after reading jude's momentum impressions. Greetings, Anouk,post #488 of 74411/23/12 at 3:39amQuote:
Ohh sorry man my bad :) Though it was x1 topic, hehe
Well share your opinion with us when you will recieve them. Also wanted to buy l1, but it looks like they lack some bass for a basshead like me :))post #489 of 74411/24/12 at 2:32pmHi everyone,
Well today the postman did not bring my l1 so hopefully it will be here monday.
I am quite interested in how they will sound after reading some more reviews. I think i will keep them fo a while to see how they work for me and what else comes out.
I did read in some reviews that they need a good amp to really shine. That would be a problem if you want to use them with an iphone AND a laptop.
We will see on monday but cover me pretty excited. The last hadphone i had was the ath m50 but that was quite a while ago.
Greting, Anouk,post #490 of 74411/27/12 at 6:26amMy new philips l1 just got here, trying it with some tracks now. So far cmfort is great, nice to have a supra-aural can again. They are not huge and nicely built.
I find that with my iphone 4 thee have plenty of volume but they seem a bit dark sounding oot as energetic as some othercans on te upside this means not much listening fatigue either.
Vocals are a bit more laid back then what i normally like though which is a pity since midrange is pretty important to me. Sundstage is nice though bas for me so far seems just the right amount.post #491 of 74411/27/12 at 6:52amI really like te size of these philips. Foldability in a small package would have been even nicer iut even without folding they fit in my handbag. Dont think i will be usng the provided storage pouch.
This makes me want to try their new x1 but this one is just more all-purpose for me.
Anyone tried the l1 with an amp/dac?
Greetings,Anouk,post #492 of 74411/27/12 at 7:19amThe L1 has become my office headphone of choice! As such, I use it daily with the Headamp Pico DAC/AMP. I very much like the combination. Great sound and comfort for all day listening.post #493 of 74411/27/12 at 7:13pmI have beenlistening to these for a few hours now. All in all they are pretty good allrounders. They do not sound as immediate or engaging as someother headphones but i can listen to these for hours without any fatigue. Bass is mostly just the right leve lfor me and volume is plenty. I have not been able to test sound leakage yet (pretty important for me). Soundstage is pretty nice although could be a bit deeper/3d, still for a closed headphone it is quite nice.
Wearing comfort is excellent, i can wear them in bed but clamping force couldhave been a lit higher because if i lie on my back they tend to slide of.
I still want to test them with facetime to see how the mic is and how caller voices sound.
I am happy that i did not go for the momentum because i think that one would not have been engaging enough for me.
I am very interested to see what philips will come up with in the future regarding headphones.
Greetings, Anouk,post #494 of 74411/28/12 at 12:08am
Interesting -- I seem to disagree on most points: found them to be quite power hungry with too much bass and too high clamping force. And I consider the Momentum much more engaging...
Nevertheless I've found the L1's isolation to be quite usable for an office environment. Did not try them on public transport though.post #495 of 74411/28/12 at 2:17amThread Starter
It seems some people really want to damage their ears. There has never been any occasion when I hit the volume up higher than 85% on my iPhone and I've been using them in traffic all the time.
As for bass, I've read a few comments saying the Momentum has more bass than the L1 and is not as tight. Maybe the L1 is better suited for small heads (because for me the Philips doesn't even sit that tight) and the Sennheiser better for big heads.
- Review: Philips Fidelio L1 [Updated 5/14]
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Headphone Impedance
- › Grado Fan Club! 22 seconds ago
- › Open-Back Headphones - Sound leakage 3 minutes ago
- › 1964 Ears 3 minutes ago
- › Hello everyone and first head amp suggestions! 3 minutes ago
- › Feliks-Audio ELISE...(previously 6SN7 + 6AS7G/6080 prototype) 4 minutes ago
- › Did Sennheiser just reveal the Orpheus successor? 5 minutes ago
- › PS1000 Impressions Thread 6 minutes ago
- › Noble Audio - the Wizard returns! 7 minutes ago
- › The Deals DISCUSSION Thread (READ THE FIRST POST!!!) 7 minutes ago
- › HifiMAN HE-6 Planar Magnetic Headphone 8 minutes ago
- › Soundpeats Qy7 Mini Lightweight Wireless Stereo Sports/running... by BloodyPenguin
- › Cozoy Aegis Portable 24/192 DAC/Amp by Baycode
- › OPPO HA-2 by ClieOS
- › Westone UM Pro 30 by Voyageur
- › Panasonic RP-HJE120-K In-Ear Earbud Ergo-Fit Headphone (Black) by STRMfrmXMN
- › Inearz IE-P650 6xBA driver CIEM by twister6
- › Creative Aurvana In-Ear3 by Fidelity King
- › Electric Avenues PA2V2 by asymcon
- › Wyrd USB Decrapifier by Mediahound
- › Noble Audio Savant by daduy
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2