He was asking about the Beyerdynamic Custom One Pro DJ headphone, but yeah, custom IEM are probably awesome.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- AKG K550 vs. Audio-Technica ATH-M50 Last post on 4/29/13 at 3:52pm in Headphones (full-size)
- KNS 8400 / ATH M-50 / DT 770 / SRH840?? Last post on 6/19/12 at 2:19pm in Headphones (full-size)
- AKG K550 vs. Shure srh840 vs Denon D2000...which one should i get? Last post on 6/27/12 at 7:32pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Should I get the Audio Technica ATH-m50s? Last post on 6/6/12 at 10:10pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Portability, sound quality, comfort - impossible in one pair of cans? Last post on 6/24/12 at 6:16am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
Last edited: 7/11/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3Last edited: 7/21/14
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
A decade ago; I had bought into the crappy Logitech Bluetooth devices which I swore NEVER to buy again deeming it a bad technology. Ten years later; I now needed an in wireless in-ear device for...
I was contacted by Brainwavz to review their new S5 in ear monitor. The set I received was a full retail package, but was provided to me by the manufacturer free of charge for review purposes. I...
I was looking for a cheap and cheerful, fun sounding closed can for listening at my computer at work and some limited portable use. I typically listen to EDM in this setting and had been using the...
I built my first ever PC with this sound card, I had already brought a Asus board that has SupremeFX and well the ZxR dethroned the Asus immediately. I have not heard any of the Asus Xonar PCIe...
After being a creative fanboy for ever since,decided to try the asus STX II after reading some good reviews about the first one,from users over the net. compared to my previous creative ZXR which...
Review: Philips Fidelio L1 [Updated 5/14] - Page 33post #481 of 68911/16/12 at 6:42pmThread Starter
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #482 of 68911/16/12 at 7:18pmpost #483 of 68911/17/12 at 7:15amHello everyone,
I was wondering if anyone can compare these to the denon d1100? Especially sound signature and presentation. I am interested in buying either of these two.
Greetings, Anouk,post #484 of 68911/21/12 at 11:20pmpost #485 of 68911/22/12 at 3:24pmHi guys,
I will get these philips fidelio l1 headphones on saturday. One thing that I am wondering and worrying about though is, how are they comparing to the sennheiser momentum? I would like an allround nice-looking headphone in the end and am trying to decide between these two.
For me the fact that Philips originates in the Netherlands is a nice fact but in the end i want the headphone that sounds the best.
Thanks in advance for any information
Greetings, Anouk,post #486 of 68911/23/12 at 12:36amQuote:
X1 are not allround headphones, they made only for home use, compaired to Momentum I guess they have more bass... But again if you need allround headphones you migh better go for Momentum or something else, another solution would be- to buy a second pair for outdoor use (that's what I am going to do )post #487 of 68911/23/12 at 2:22amHi, I was talking about the l1 not the x1. After reading this thread i think the l1 would be perfectly usable for me outside. Still thinking of returning them though after reading jude's momentum impressions. Greetings, Anouk,post #488 of 68911/23/12 at 3:39amQuote:
Ohh sorry man my bad :) Though it was x1 topic, hehe
Well share your opinion with us when you will recieve them. Also wanted to buy l1, but it looks like they lack some bass for a basshead like me :))post #489 of 68911/24/12 at 2:32pmHi everyone,
Well today the postman did not bring my l1 so hopefully it will be here monday.
I am quite interested in how they will sound after reading some more reviews. I think i will keep them fo a while to see how they work for me and what else comes out.
I did read in some reviews that they need a good amp to really shine. That would be a problem if you want to use them with an iphone AND a laptop.
We will see on monday but cover me pretty excited. The last hadphone i had was the ath m50 but that was quite a while ago.
Greting, Anouk,post #490 of 68911/27/12 at 6:26amMy new philips l1 just got here, trying it with some tracks now. So far cmfort is great, nice to have a supra-aural can again. They are not huge and nicely built.
I find that with my iphone 4 thee have plenty of volume but they seem a bit dark sounding oot as energetic as some othercans on te upside this means not much listening fatigue either.
Vocals are a bit more laid back then what i normally like though which is a pity since midrange is pretty important to me. Sundstage is nice though bas for me so far seems just the right amount.post #491 of 68911/27/12 at 6:52amI really like te size of these philips. Foldability in a small package would have been even nicer iut even without folding they fit in my handbag. Dont think i will be usng the provided storage pouch.
This makes me want to try their new x1 but this one is just more all-purpose for me.
Anyone tried the l1 with an amp/dac?
Greetings,Anouk,post #492 of 68911/27/12 at 7:19amThe L1 has become my office headphone of choice! As such, I use it daily with the Headamp Pico DAC/AMP. I very much like the combination. Great sound and comfort for all day listening.post #493 of 68911/27/12 at 7:13pmI have beenlistening to these for a few hours now. All in all they are pretty good allrounders. They do not sound as immediate or engaging as someother headphones but i can listen to these for hours without any fatigue. Bass is mostly just the right leve lfor me and volume is plenty. I have not been able to test sound leakage yet (pretty important for me). Soundstage is pretty nice although could be a bit deeper/3d, still for a closed headphone it is quite nice.
Wearing comfort is excellent, i can wear them in bed but clamping force couldhave been a lit higher because if i lie on my back they tend to slide of.
I still want to test them with facetime to see how the mic is and how caller voices sound.
I am happy that i did not go for the momentum because i think that one would not have been engaging enough for me.
I am very interested to see what philips will come up with in the future regarding headphones.
Greetings, Anouk,post #494 of 68911/28/12 at 12:08am
Interesting -- I seem to disagree on most points: found them to be quite power hungry with too much bass and too high clamping force. And I consider the Momentum much more engaging...
Nevertheless I've found the L1's isolation to be quite usable for an office environment. Did not try them on public transport though.post #495 of 68911/28/12 at 2:17amThread Starter
It seems some people really want to damage their ears. There has never been any occasion when I hit the volume up higher than 85% on my iPhone and I've been using them in traffic all the time.
As for bass, I've read a few comments saying the Momentum has more bass than the L1 and is not as tight. Maybe the L1 is better suited for small heads (because for me the Philips doesn't even sit that tight) and the Sennheiser better for big heads.
- Review: Philips Fidelio L1 [Updated 5/14]
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Comparisons: 19 of the Top Closed/Portable Headphones Around 23 seconds ago
- › Woo Audio Amp Owner Unite 2 minutes ago
- › The Astell & Kern AK240 2 minutes ago
- › The Fiio X3 Thread. 3 minutes ago
- › Alclair RSM Quad Custom In-Ear Monitor Impressions Thread [ These... 3 minutes ago
- › V-MODA M-100: Discussion/Feedback, Reviews, Pics, etc. 3 minutes ago
- › Audio Technica ATH-ES7 4 minutes ago
- › Audio-GD NFB-11.32 & NFB-11 (2014) (Delivery & Impression Thread)!!! 5 minutes ago
- › The Xiaomi Pistons Thread 6 minutes ago
- › JVC HA-SZ2000/1000 Impressions Thread 7 minutes ago
- › JayBird BlueBuds X Sport Bluetooth Headphones - Midnight Black by wpfloridian
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by jasonb
- › Yamaha PRO 500 by VanCitySound
- › Creative Sound Blaster Z Series ZXR (70SB151000000) Sound Card by Nada190
- › ASUS Essence STX II by raymond555
- › iFi Nano iDSD by elmura
- › AKG K267 by Blinxat
- › AKG K490 NC by MP3guy
- › Corsair Vengeance 2000 Wireless 7.1 Gaming Headset (CA-9011115-NA) by DallasDanielle
- › Klipsch ProMedia 2.1 THX Certified Computer Speaker System by DallasDanielle
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)