Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › Review: Philips Fidelio L1 [Updated 5/14]
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Review: Philips Fidelio L1 [Updated 5/14] - Page 30

post #436 of 699

Has anyone actually seen these in a physical store? I was in an Apple store today and they didn't have them.

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenchi211 View Post

I ordered mine online from the Apple Store, but they should also be at the physical locations as well.

post #437 of 699

in germany many stores have them

post #438 of 699
Quote:
Originally Posted by kstaken View Post

Has anyone actually seen these in a physical store? I was in an Apple store today and they didn't have them.

 

I have not. For $300 range the store I went to had Beats, Soul (or something like that?), and Amperior.

post #439 of 699

Out of curiosity, I checked the Apple website this morning just to see if they still had them in stock, and they are not even listed now. As of Sunday, 8/19, they only have one Phillips model in stock: The "O'Neil The Stretch" model. I wonder if they stopped selling it, or if they are just out of stock? 

post #440 of 699

The L1 is still there and showing in stock.

 

http://store.apple.com/us/product/H8123ZM/A

post #441 of 699

Oh, Ok. I couldn't find them when I tried the store earlier. They should be available in the stores as well then. 

post #442 of 699

Unfortunately, the web site has many products that are not available in the local stores and the L1 seems to be one of those products. At least it isn't in the stores here. I keep hoping that changes as I'm curious to hear these things but am not interested enough to buy them blind. I might change that stance for the new X1 when it comes out.

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenchi211 View Post

They should be available in the stores as well then. 

post #443 of 699
Quote:
Originally Posted by kstaken View Post

Unfortunately, the web site has many products that are not available in the local stores and the L1 seems to be one of those products. At least it isn't in the stores here. I keep hoping that changes as I'm curious to hear these things but am not interested enough to buy them blind. I might change that stance for the new X1 when it comes out.

 

I just went to the Apple site to check my local store availability, but none of them have it in stock. They post an availability date of Aug. 24th (Temecula, CA store), and Aug 27th (Rancho Cucamonga, CA store). I'm thinking that those are dates that the ordered product is available in store though, NOT actual product availabitlity in store. 

 

I understand you wanting to hear them first. I wanted to hear them as well and compare them to the Focal Spirit Ones, but neither one was available at the time, so I took a chance and ordered the L1. I figured I'd use the 30 days to see if I liked them and return them if I didn't. Luckily, I ended up enjoying the sound of the L1's so I kept them.

post #444 of 699

Yeah, I agree, those are just "ship to store" availability dates.  I just checked all the local stores and they're all the same.

 

Of course even if they do eventually stock them in store it doesn't mean they'll have a demo out. The store I was in Saturday had Amperiors and a few others hanging on the wall but no demos other than Beats, Skullcandy and B&W P5.

 

Oh well, I'm really just curious about how good these are. If I had an actual use for them I'd just buy them but in reality I have more than enough headphones already.

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenchi211 View Post

I just went to the Apple site to check my local store availability, but none of them have it in stock. They post an availability date of Aug. 24th (Temecula, CA store), and Aug 27th (Rancho Cucamonga, CA store). I'm thinking that those are dates that the ordered product is available in store though, NOT actual product availabitlity in store. 

 

I understand you wanting to hear them first. I wanted to hear them as well and compare them to the Focal Spirit Ones, but neither one was available at the time, so I took a chance and ordered the L1. I figured I'd use the 30 days to see if I liked them and return them if I didn't. Luckily, I ended up enjoying the sound of the L1's so I kept them.

post #445 of 699

Got my pair of these through today. Overall I think they are pretty good....

 

The general feel and build quality of these is awesome, they feel really quality and expensive.


Edited by nicholars - 9/1/12 at 9:24pm
post #446 of 699

Just like to add that I have a pair of these - superb - really wide sound.


I do have to say though that they aren't the simplest to drive... could do with being a little louder. And there seems to be a lot of nonsene about these not leaking sound which is nonsense. Semi open headphones always will.

post #447 of 699

Has any one taken these apart for modding yet?

post #448 of 699

I guess that's a no.

post #449 of 699

I think people are afraid to hack them open as they may not be able to put them back together again.

post #450 of 699
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beagle View Post

I think people are afraid to hack them open as they may not be able to put them back together again.

That's what I figured. I know Tyll at Innerfidelity took them apart but with his busy schedule it may be a while before I get a reply from him.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › Review: Philips Fidelio L1 [Updated 5/14]