Wow looks promissing, Philips is really is on fire these days.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- AKG K550 vs. Audio-Technica ATH-M50 Last post on 1/12/15 at 4:37am in Headphones (full-size)
- KNS 8400 / ATH M-50 / DT 770 / SRH840?? Last post on 6/19/12 at 2:19pm in Headphones (full-size)
- AKG K550 vs. Shure srh840 vs Denon D2000...which one should i get? Last post on 6/27/12 at 7:32pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Should I get the Audio Technica ATH-m50s? Last post on 6/6/12 at 10:10pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Portability, sound quality, comfort - impossible in one pair of cans? Last post on 6/24/12 at 6:16am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 6/30/15
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
Lumia 640 LTE I never owned a portable device (apart from a Sony Walkman in the 80's) because I never felt the use of it. Just out of curiosity, not expecting much, I plugged my Sony MDR-Z7 in my...
MEElectronics/MEEaudio Introduction My experience with IEMs is short lived, but I've had fair enough experience to give you proper detailing. I mainly use detachable only, and can report from...
Introduction In audio circles, the word "endgame" generally refers to a headphone or audio chain component that is practically without fault, and performs at a high enough level to...
Would never dreamed of buying a pair of Beats but end up finding a pair for a rock bottom price(1/3 of the normal retail) so I thought what the heck. Just a side note, since they were...
The Final Audio Design (FAD) Heaven VII was sent to me by Final UK as a part of the European review tour. I’d like to give them a big THANK YOU for including me on the tour and giving me a chance...
Review: Philips Fidelio L1 [Updated 5/14] - Page 28
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #407 of 7448/12/12 at 2:31amQuote:
Ah, now this picture is much clearer than the one in the anime thread. Those look nice. They look amazingly comfortable/ergonomic. Definitely interested in these.post #408 of 7448/12/12 at 2:43amThread Starterpost #409 of 7448/12/12 at 5:44ampost #410 of 7448/12/12 at 5:52amThread Starter
Definitely for home use only! The X1 seems to be fully open and they are huge! Almost too big for the model.Quote:
I'm almost done with Z1000 and L1 comparison. I will already give you my conclusion: I think the Z1000 is better, but the L1 still has some incredible qualities which makes it the better pick-up-and-play can.post #411 of 7448/12/12 at 6:00ampost #412 of 7448/12/12 at 6:07ampost #413 of 7448/12/12 at 6:12am
It's truly refreshing that Philips is pursuing such a tasteful design, other than going down the beats path like Denon did. I tried to give it some time and then after having the D7100 on hand, I much more enjoy the classic aesthetics of the L1.post #414 of 7448/12/12 at 6:20am
Yea well I think Philips have managed to create both a stylish & elegant design at the same time which should appeal both to youngsters and older people. L1 still looks the best but yea this X1 ain't too bad either and you can see this time it's made for home use though, more focus on ergonomics with the headband design + bigger cups (shouldn't have any issues to fit around ears on even jumbo ears). Looks rather lightweight as well. I'm pretty sure X1 will have more airy & extended highs due to the open-back design (unless it still features a acoustic foam but the opening is still huge so should have quite impressive soundstage versus L1 anyways is my guess)
Edited by RPGWiZaRD - 8/12/12 at 6:24ampost #415 of 7448/12/12 at 6:22am
Another dumb thing Denon did was include an iPhone cord that could be swapped in instead of the detachable home cable. Yes it worked, but did it sound like crap. Imagine, this big bulky, loose fitting monstrosity that doesn't sound good on the road. Way to go Denon!
I read into this that the treble on the X1 is probably too refined and detailed for an iDevice for streaming and listening to mp3's. One can hope.
Edited by lmswjm - 8/12/12 at 6:24ampost #416 of 7448/12/12 at 7:13ampost #417 of 7448/12/12 at 12:51pmpost #418 of 7448/12/12 at 1:03pmpost #419 of 7448/12/12 at 1:04pmQuote:
My guess is the fall, retailing at $599, or maybe $499 because people love to buy headphones in that price range.post #420 of 7448/12/12 at 1:12pmI thought someone already found an msrp of $349?
- Review: Philips Fidelio L1 [Updated 5/14]
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Headphone Impedance
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 2 seconds ago
- › Flare Audio R2PRO Kickstarter campaign 31 seconds ago
- › Advice Wanted: Best Headphones For Metal and Rap 42 seconds ago
- › Introducing Trinity Audio Engineering 46 seconds ago
- › GR07 - Tips Thread 1 minute ago
- › Schiit Yggdrasil Impressions thread 2 minutes ago
- › Vinyl vs Redbook in 2015 3 minutes ago
- › The Fiio X5 Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Shure SE846 Impressions Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Best classical recordings...ever! 3 minutes ago
- › Lumia 640 LTE RM-1072 Black - Factory Unlocked - International... by Mink
- › MEElectronics M6 PRO Universal-Fit Noise-Isolating Musician’s... by whitemass
- › Aurisonics Rockets Solo Precision Micro-Dynamic Noise Isolating... by eke2k6
- › Beats Solo HD On-Ear Headphone by Skylarke
- › Heaven VII by peter123
- › Noble Audio BTS by HiFiChris
- › FiiO X5 2nd gen Premium Hi-Res DAP by Cagin
- › Philips Fidelio L2 by White Lotus
- › Etymotic ER-4P Portable In-Ear Earphones by ElMarcado
- › G430 Gaming Headset by Gonomon
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3