Wow looks promissing, Philips is really is on fire these days.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- AKG K550 vs. Audio-Technica ATH-M50 Last post on 1/12/15 at 4:37am in Headphones (full-size)
- KNS 8400 / ATH M-50 / DT 770 / SRH840?? Last post on 6/19/12 at 2:19pm in Headphones (full-size)
- AKG K550 vs. Shure srh840 vs Denon D2000...which one should i get? Last post on 6/27/12 at 7:32pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Should I get the Audio Technica ATH-m50s? Last post on 6/6/12 at 10:10pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Portability, sound quality, comfort - impossible in one pair of cans? Last post on 6/24/12 at 6:16am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 1/18/16
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
published on April 30, 2016 - download a printable 8-page PDF version of this review (right-click the link & save target, or just tap for mobile devices) (click any photo in this review...
There is just so much craptastic dreck in the
This is my first review and it's going to be brief...Never in my life have I been so damn impressed with an audio product (I have a bunch) than I am with my Custom K10's!!! There is not 1 thing...
INTRODUCTION Hello again guys, I am Areek Nibras, a junior Head-fier and a recently graduated physician from Bangladesh, currently doing post-graduation training in Internal medicine. Today I will...
I picked up these for my wife. I thought that since she is more of an average listener (not too concerned with audio), the V-shaped sound might be acceptable or even preferred. I gave them a listen...
Review: Philips Fidelio L1 [Updated 5/14] - Page 28
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #407 of 7448/12/12 at 2:31amQuote:
Ah, now this picture is much clearer than the one in the anime thread. Those look nice. They look amazingly comfortable/ergonomic. Definitely interested in these.post #408 of 7448/12/12 at 2:43amThread Starterpost #409 of 7448/12/12 at 5:44ampost #410 of 7448/12/12 at 5:52amThread Starter
Definitely for home use only! The X1 seems to be fully open and they are huge! Almost too big for the model.Quote:
I'm almost done with Z1000 and L1 comparison. I will already give you my conclusion: I think the Z1000 is better, but the L1 still has some incredible qualities which makes it the better pick-up-and-play can.post #411 of 7448/12/12 at 6:00ampost #412 of 7448/12/12 at 6:07ampost #413 of 7448/12/12 at 6:12am
It's truly refreshing that Philips is pursuing such a tasteful design, other than going down the beats path like Denon did. I tried to give it some time and then after having the D7100 on hand, I much more enjoy the classic aesthetics of the L1.post #414 of 7448/12/12 at 6:20am
Yea well I think Philips have managed to create both a stylish & elegant design at the same time which should appeal both to youngsters and older people. L1 still looks the best but yea this X1 ain't too bad either and you can see this time it's made for home use though, more focus on ergonomics with the headband design + bigger cups (shouldn't have any issues to fit around ears on even jumbo ears). Looks rather lightweight as well. I'm pretty sure X1 will have more airy & extended highs due to the open-back design (unless it still features a acoustic foam but the opening is still huge so should have quite impressive soundstage versus L1 anyways is my guess)
Edited by RPGWiZaRD - 8/12/12 at 6:24ampost #415 of 7448/12/12 at 6:22am
Another dumb thing Denon did was include an iPhone cord that could be swapped in instead of the detachable home cable. Yes it worked, but did it sound like crap. Imagine, this big bulky, loose fitting monstrosity that doesn't sound good on the road. Way to go Denon!
I read into this that the treble on the X1 is probably too refined and detailed for an iDevice for streaming and listening to mp3's. One can hope.
Edited by lmswjm - 8/12/12 at 6:24ampost #416 of 7448/12/12 at 7:13ampost #417 of 7448/12/12 at 12:51pmpost #418 of 7448/12/12 at 1:03pmpost #419 of 7448/12/12 at 1:04pmQuote:
My guess is the fall, retailing at $599, or maybe $499 because people love to buy headphones in that price range.post #420 of 7448/12/12 at 1:12pmI thought someone already found an msrp of $349?
- Review: Philips Fidelio L1 [Updated 5/14]
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Headphone Impedance
- › SONY NW-ZX2 HI-END DAP 3 minutes ago
- › The Stax Thread III 3 minutes ago
- › Fostex x Massdrop TH-X00 Review 4 minutes ago
- › Huge Comparison of [almost] all the Best Bluetooth Headphones -... 5 minutes ago
- › Somic ST-80 Anyone have a Experience on this Chinese brand? 6 minutes ago
- › New member roll call open "soap box" thread 6 minutes ago
- › Cowon Plenue D 7 minutes ago
- › The Best IEM's for Bass are...... (The IEM BassHEAD club) 14 minutes ago
- › Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up 15 minutes ago
- › CAMPFIRE AUDIO Australia - New Zealand Tour (Reviews and... 15 minutes ago
- › Campfire Audio Orion by piksnz
- › Audio-Technica ATH-R70x | R Series Professional Open Back Dynamic... by Asr
- › 1MORE EO323 Dual Driver In-Ear Headphones with In-line Microphone... by leesure
- › Noble Audio Kaiser 10 by Bighappy
- › FiiO EM3 Open Earbud Earphones with In-Line Microphone (Black) by areek
- › Sennheiser MOMENTUM In-Ear by Yubacore
- › Meze 99 Classics by Defiant00
- › Sennheiser HD 800 S by silvrr
- › iFi Audio micro iDSD by Hisoundfi
- › Audeze EL-8 Open-Back by droido256
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse