Wow looks promissing, Philips is really is on fire these days.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- AKG K550 vs. Audio-Technica ATH-M50 Last post on 1/12/15 at 4:37am in Headphones (full-size)
- KNS 8400 / ATH M-50 / DT 770 / SRH840?? Last post on 6/19/12 at 2:19pm in Headphones (full-size)
- AKG K550 vs. Shure srh840 vs Denon D2000...which one should i get? Last post on 6/27/12 at 7:32pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Should I get the Audio Technica ATH-m50s? Last post on 6/6/12 at 10:10pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Portability, sound quality, comfort - impossible in one pair of cans? Last post on 6/24/12 at 6:16am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 11/28/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2Last edited: 12/5/14
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
FiiO Mont Blanc for IEM When you pick up the Mont Blanc you feel like you have something substantial in your hand. Not that is is overly heavy, no, it is conveys the impression that this thing...
I borrowed these from a friend as a trial and I can see why he likes them, unfortunately I do not. Let me elaborate on this as it's no justification at all to dismiss these earphone because I...
My main review is here: http://www.head-fi.org/t/752588/review-earwerkz-supra-the-universal-custom-in-ear-monitor. This will house the TL;DR version: From the comfort, custom-like fit,...
Couldn't find much on the internet about these, so I took the plunge. Pros: Nice aesthetics Solid build quality Cheaper than Bose equivalent, looks and feels nicer,...
I don't claim to be an expert audiophile. More of a wannabe. I do love finding under the radar headphones with good value. I can compare this to a few other bluetooth headsets I have spent some...
Review: Philips Fidelio L1 [Updated 5/14] - Page 28
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #407 of 7138/12/12 at 2:31amQuote:
Ah, now this picture is much clearer than the one in the anime thread. Those look nice. They look amazingly comfortable/ergonomic. Definitely interested in these.post #408 of 7138/12/12 at 2:43amThread Starterpost #409 of 7138/12/12 at 5:44ampost #410 of 7138/12/12 at 5:52amThread Starter
Definitely for home use only! The X1 seems to be fully open and they are huge! Almost too big for the model.Quote:
I'm almost done with Z1000 and L1 comparison. I will already give you my conclusion: I think the Z1000 is better, but the L1 still has some incredible qualities which makes it the better pick-up-and-play can.post #411 of 7138/12/12 at 6:00ampost #412 of 7138/12/12 at 6:07ampost #413 of 7138/12/12 at 6:12am
It's truly refreshing that Philips is pursuing such a tasteful design, other than going down the beats path like Denon did. I tried to give it some time and then after having the D7100 on hand, I much more enjoy the classic aesthetics of the L1.post #414 of 7138/12/12 at 6:20am
Yea well I think Philips have managed to create both a stylish & elegant design at the same time which should appeal both to youngsters and older people. L1 still looks the best but yea this X1 ain't too bad either and you can see this time it's made for home use though, more focus on ergonomics with the headband design + bigger cups (shouldn't have any issues to fit around ears on even jumbo ears). Looks rather lightweight as well. I'm pretty sure X1 will have more airy & extended highs due to the open-back design (unless it still features a acoustic foam but the opening is still huge so should have quite impressive soundstage versus L1 anyways is my guess)
Edited by RPGWiZaRD - 8/12/12 at 6:24ampost #415 of 7138/12/12 at 6:22am
Another dumb thing Denon did was include an iPhone cord that could be swapped in instead of the detachable home cable. Yes it worked, but did it sound like crap. Imagine, this big bulky, loose fitting monstrosity that doesn't sound good on the road. Way to go Denon!
I read into this that the treble on the X1 is probably too refined and detailed for an iDevice for streaming and listening to mp3's. One can hope.
Edited by lmswjm - 8/12/12 at 6:24ampost #416 of 7138/12/12 at 7:13ampost #417 of 7138/12/12 at 12:51pmpost #418 of 7138/12/12 at 1:03pmpost #419 of 7138/12/12 at 1:04pmQuote:
My guess is the fall, retailing at $599, or maybe $499 because people love to buy headphones in that price range.post #420 of 7138/12/12 at 1:12pmI thought someone already found an msrp of $349?
- Review: Philips Fidelio L1 [Updated 5/14]
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › ENIGMAcoustics Dharma 13 seconds ago
- › Audio-Technica debuts three new pairs of headphones ATH-R70x,... 25 seconds ago
- › Converting flac to wav 28 seconds ago
- › Centrance upcoming product for Iphone 5 above and Ipod Touch 5 : Hi... 31 seconds ago
- › Sennheiser vs Beyerdynamic 1 minute ago
- › New WESTONE W-SERIES 1 minute ago
- › replacing my DT-770 250ohms with what?!? 1 minute ago
- › Dunu TITAN 1 -- Titanium-Coated Diaphragm "Half In-Ear" Earphones 1 minute ago
- › Audio Technica ATH-IM70: A Bold New Direction 1 minute ago
- › pupDAC Step-by-Step Build Thread 1 minute ago
- › FiiO E12 Mont Blanc by jamato8
- › JVC HA-FX750 Wood Dome Unit Earphone by dnun8086
- › EarWerkz Supra by moedawg140
- › House of Marley - LEGEND ANC by White Lotus
- › Audio Technica S700BT by ironicinori
- › MP4Nation Brainwavz M1 by mark2410
- › DUNU DN-12 Trident by Ghoulcow
- › Audio Technica ATH-CKR10 IN-EAR HEADPHONE TITANIUM SONIC PRO DUAL... by acain
- › Woo Audio 2 by mikoss
- › KAM HP1 by LowDose
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)