Wow looks promissing, Philips is really is on fire these days.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- AKG K550 vs. Audio-Technica ATH-M50 Last post on 1/12/15 at 4:37am in Headphones (full-size)
- KNS 8400 / ATH M-50 / DT 770 / SRH840?? Last post on 6/19/12 at 2:19pm in Headphones (full-size)
- AKG K550 vs. Shure srh840 vs Denon D2000...which one should i get? Last post on 6/27/12 at 7:32pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Should I get the Audio Technica ATH-m50s? Last post on 6/6/12 at 10:10pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Portability, sound quality, comfort - impossible in one pair of cans? Last post on 6/24/12 at 6:16am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 6/30/15
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
I do not own this unit – I had this unit from @fnkcow With Impedance of 320ohm this earbuds need a good amp to show its worth. I use my phone during my first listen to the zen and it sounds...
Cayin C5DAC: A Deadly Challenger in the Portable Market *Please click on the photos for the highest quality. [[SPOILER]] About me & IntroductionI am a student who is a music...
Me: am an amateur musician & avid admirer of music from India. I would like to call myself a music enthusiast, rather than an audiophile. I was inspired by music since childhood, and as the time...
I bought these on Geekbuying after a considerable price drop to about $16 USD. Having missed out on the hype for the Piston 2, I decided to pick up the Piston 3 instead. The other bang-for-buck IEM...
My WA5-LE is by far the most expensive component in my system, but I can see why. The moment I un-packaged this very heavy piece of kit, I could tell I was in for a ride. By size alone it...
Review: Philips Fidelio L1 [Updated 5/14] - Page 28
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #407 of 7448/12/12 at 2:31amQuote:
Ah, now this picture is much clearer than the one in the anime thread. Those look nice. They look amazingly comfortable/ergonomic. Definitely interested in these.post #408 of 7448/12/12 at 2:43amThread Starterpost #409 of 7448/12/12 at 5:44ampost #410 of 7448/12/12 at 5:52amThread Starter
Definitely for home use only! The X1 seems to be fully open and they are huge! Almost too big for the model.Quote:
I'm almost done with Z1000 and L1 comparison. I will already give you my conclusion: I think the Z1000 is better, but the L1 still has some incredible qualities which makes it the better pick-up-and-play can.post #411 of 7448/12/12 at 6:00ampost #412 of 7448/12/12 at 6:07ampost #413 of 7448/12/12 at 6:12am
It's truly refreshing that Philips is pursuing such a tasteful design, other than going down the beats path like Denon did. I tried to give it some time and then after having the D7100 on hand, I much more enjoy the classic aesthetics of the L1.post #414 of 7448/12/12 at 6:20am
Yea well I think Philips have managed to create both a stylish & elegant design at the same time which should appeal both to youngsters and older people. L1 still looks the best but yea this X1 ain't too bad either and you can see this time it's made for home use though, more focus on ergonomics with the headband design + bigger cups (shouldn't have any issues to fit around ears on even jumbo ears). Looks rather lightweight as well. I'm pretty sure X1 will have more airy & extended highs due to the open-back design (unless it still features a acoustic foam but the opening is still huge so should have quite impressive soundstage versus L1 anyways is my guess)
Edited by RPGWiZaRD - 8/12/12 at 6:24ampost #415 of 7448/12/12 at 6:22am
Another dumb thing Denon did was include an iPhone cord that could be swapped in instead of the detachable home cable. Yes it worked, but did it sound like crap. Imagine, this big bulky, loose fitting monstrosity that doesn't sound good on the road. Way to go Denon!
I read into this that the treble on the X1 is probably too refined and detailed for an iDevice for streaming and listening to mp3's. One can hope.
Edited by lmswjm - 8/12/12 at 6:24ampost #416 of 7448/12/12 at 7:13ampost #417 of 7448/12/12 at 12:51pmpost #418 of 7448/12/12 at 1:03pmpost #419 of 7448/12/12 at 1:04pmQuote:
My guess is the fall, retailing at $599, or maybe $499 because people love to buy headphones in that price range.post #420 of 7448/12/12 at 1:12pmI thought someone already found an msrp of $349?
- Review: Philips Fidelio L1 [Updated 5/14]
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Headphone Impedance
- › Grado Fan Club! 2 minutes ago
- › Noble Audio - the Wizard returns! 2 minutes ago
- › Fostex TH900 Impressions & Discussion Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Mint HD800 with DHC 4pin Balanced cable (Lowest in Headfi) 4 minutes ago
- › OPPO HA-2 Portable Headphone Amplifier/DAC Discussion Thread 4 minutes ago
- › MrSpeakers Ether Impressions Thread 5 minutes ago
- › Hifiman HE1000 Planar Dynamic Flagship 5 minutes ago
- › The Best IEM's for Bass are...... (The IEM Bass club) 6 minutes ago
- › Dunu TITAN 1 -- Titanium-Coated Diaphragm "Half In-Ear" Earphones 6 minutes ago
- › Centrance Mini-M8 7 minutes ago
- › VE Zen by boneofimba
- › Cayin Spark C5 DAC Portable USB DAC + Headphone Amplifier by xkonfuzed
- › TCG Audio TRD3+ Desktop HeadAmp & 32/384DAC by YoYo JoKeR
- › Xiaomi Pistons 3.0 in-ear headphones by FYLegend
- › Woo Audio WA5 LE by Nosbig
- › RHA T20 by nmatheis
- › Microsoft Lumia 435 UNLOCKED Windows Phone 8 WP8 2G GSM... by mark2410
- › Sony MDR-Z7 by Pokemonn
- › CustomArt Ei.3 acrylic custom IEM by Cotnijoe
- › Beyerdynamic DT 770 Pro-80 Closed Studio Headphones by ActiveTechREV
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)