Wow looks promissing, Philips is really is on fire these days.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- AKG K550 vs. Audio-Technica ATH-M50 Last post on 4/29/13 at 3:52pm in Headphones (full-size)
- KNS 8400 / ATH M-50 / DT 770 / SRH840?? Last post on 6/19/12 at 2:19pm in Headphones (full-size)
- AKG K550 vs. Shure srh840 vs Denon D2000...which one should i get? Last post on 6/27/12 at 7:32pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Should I get the Audio Technica ATH-m50s? Last post on 6/6/12 at 10:10pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Portability, sound quality, comfort - impossible in one pair of cans? Last post on 6/24/12 at 6:16am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
I bought these headphones a little over a week ago, and thought I should post my impressions. I work in a small office, and sit close to my boss, who is constantly on the phone, so I wanted a...
Sources used: Macbook Pro, iphone 4s, Fiio e10, Schiit Magni, This is a personal Unit: Bought at LMUE for 38USD during pre-sale Burn-in time: I don’t believe in huge differences, but in order...
Note to the Reader This was a demo unit, part of a program organized by Todd the Vinyl Junkie. A big thanks to Todd for his generosity and allowing me a week to fool around with these little...
This is a review and comparison of Ostry KC06 and KC06A in-ear headphones. http://www.ostry.com.cn/item/detailPage?itemid=28 and http://www.ostry.com.cn/item/detailPage?itemid=29 I get a...
I have the 600 Ohm version of these, so other impedance models will probably vary in sound. This said, I find this to be a wonderfully balanced set. They exhibit no harshness to my ears across...
Review: Philips Fidelio L1 [Updated 5/14] - Page 28
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #407 of 6898/12/12 at 2:31amQuote:
Ah, now this picture is much clearer than the one in the anime thread. Those look nice. They look amazingly comfortable/ergonomic. Definitely interested in these.post #408 of 6898/12/12 at 2:43amThread Starterpost #409 of 6898/12/12 at 5:44ampost #410 of 6898/12/12 at 5:52amThread Starter
Definitely for home use only! The X1 seems to be fully open and they are huge! Almost too big for the model.Quote:
I'm almost done with Z1000 and L1 comparison. I will already give you my conclusion: I think the Z1000 is better, but the L1 still has some incredible qualities which makes it the better pick-up-and-play can.post #411 of 6898/12/12 at 6:00ampost #412 of 6898/12/12 at 6:07ampost #413 of 6898/12/12 at 6:12am
It's truly refreshing that Philips is pursuing such a tasteful design, other than going down the beats path like Denon did. I tried to give it some time and then after having the D7100 on hand, I much more enjoy the classic aesthetics of the L1.post #414 of 6898/12/12 at 6:20am
Yea well I think Philips have managed to create both a stylish & elegant design at the same time which should appeal both to youngsters and older people. L1 still looks the best but yea this X1 ain't too bad either and you can see this time it's made for home use though, more focus on ergonomics with the headband design + bigger cups (shouldn't have any issues to fit around ears on even jumbo ears). Looks rather lightweight as well. I'm pretty sure X1 will have more airy & extended highs due to the open-back design (unless it still features a acoustic foam but the opening is still huge so should have quite impressive soundstage versus L1 anyways is my guess)
Edited by RPGWiZaRD - 8/12/12 at 6:24ampost #415 of 6898/12/12 at 6:22am
Another dumb thing Denon did was include an iPhone cord that could be swapped in instead of the detachable home cable. Yes it worked, but did it sound like crap. Imagine, this big bulky, loose fitting monstrosity that doesn't sound good on the road. Way to go Denon!
I read into this that the treble on the X1 is probably too refined and detailed for an iDevice for streaming and listening to mp3's. One can hope.
Edited by lmswjm - 8/12/12 at 6:24ampost #416 of 6898/12/12 at 7:13ampost #417 of 6898/12/12 at 12:51pmpost #418 of 6898/12/12 at 1:03pmpost #419 of 6898/12/12 at 1:04pmQuote:
My guess is the fall, retailing at $599, or maybe $499 because people love to buy headphones in that price range.post #420 of 6898/12/12 at 1:12pmI thought someone already found an msrp of $349?
- Review: Philips Fidelio L1 [Updated 5/14]
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › The Deals DISCUSSION Thread (READ THE FIRST POST!!!) 9 seconds ago
- › I Basso HDP R 10 is IBasso DX 100 Japan Version impression and... 44 seconds ago
- › Testing audiophile claims and myths 47 seconds ago
- › Woo Audio WA7TP (tube power supply) Impressions Thread 1 minute ago
- › AudioQuest Dragonfly Review : Affordable, Outstanding, Tiny DAC / Amp 2 minutes ago
- › The Xiaomi Pistons Thread 2 minutes ago
- › To Amp or not to Amp 2 minutes ago
- › Grado Fan Club! 3 minutes ago
- › Light Harmonic Geek Wave 4 minutes ago
- › Noble Audio - the Wizard returns! 5 minutes ago
- › PSB M4U 2 Noise Canceling headphones by Mr_Owlow
- › VSONIC VSD3S Black High Fidelity Professional Quality Stereo... by squallkiercosa
- › Eclipse TD-M1 by HideousPride
- › OSTRY KC06 High Fidelity Stereo Inner-Ear Earphones by twister6
- › beyerdynamic DT 880 Premium Headphones by Xyrium
- › DacMagic XS USB DAC Headphone Amp by Davidoffdgh
- › SONY MDR-XB90EX | In-Ear EXTRA BASS Headphones (Japanese Import) by kevms89
- › M-Audio Studiophile Q40 Closed-back Dynamic Headphones by classycans
- › Audio Poutine CDAC+ by WhiskeyJacks
- › Hama HK-3063 by Blanejmc
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Wireless Headphones)