I think I am going to go with these headphones when I get the money. But one question about the leakage. If I listen to these in a quiet classroom (virtually silent), would people hear my music at 50% volume? What about 75%+?
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- AKG K550 vs. Audio-Technica ATH-M50 Last post on 4/29/13 at 3:52pm in Headphones (full-size)
- KNS 8400 / ATH M-50 / DT 770 / SRH840?? Last post on 6/19/12 at 2:19pm in Headphones (full-size)
- AKG K550 vs. Shure srh840 vs Denon D2000...which one should i get? Last post on 6/27/12 at 7:32pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Should I get the Audio Technica ATH-m50s? Last post on 6/6/12 at 10:10pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Portability, sound quality, comfort - impossible in one pair of cans? Last post on 6/24/12 at 6:16am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
Last edited: 11/21/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3Last edited: 8/29/14
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
The main selling point of this DAP is its size. Operation is straightforward, and small screen is better than none. Sound signature is likeable, detailed enough and musical enough. It uses RKnanoC...
I realize this is ancient news in 2014 but I recently rediscovered my iAudio7 and am loving it. It sounds remarkably good for a "fun"-signatured DAP and holy mackerel, the battery life is...
So I want to start off by stating that is this is my first real review of any headphone on this website. I am not an audiophile by any stretch of you imagination! I will try to best explain what my...
As an amateur hi-fi enthusiast I'm certainly no head-fi expert, but that won't stop me from saying that the Shure SRH840 professional monitoring headphones are a sweet sounding set of cans. I...
If you’re in the market for audiophile-grade headphones, you’ve probably heard of Germany’s professional audio electronics manufacturer Beyerdynamic. In the business of handcrafting premium...
Review: Philips Fidelio L1 [Updated 5/14] - Page 12
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #167 of 6992/26/12 at 11:36am
Thanks to both Ultazino and Muppetface for your impressions. I'm not sure how much one can relate to the graphs. I've been looking at this headphone and the Z1000. Going strictly by the graphs (depending on who's graph) the L1 looks like a bass monster and Z1000 looks like it should have less bass than a SRH940 or K701, but the actual accounts of those who have listened to them don't seem to reflect that at all.
I'm mainly looking for closed/semi-closed headphone with similar bass to my HFI-780, but a slightly smoother presentation and more conventional (but still spacious) soundstage. I tried the SRH940, but it's bass gets drowned out by mids/highs in complex music. On the other hand I still want good midrange vocal/strings performance. Highs I actually like on the airy side, but not harsh. An R10 would probably be perfect, but I'm limiting my spending this year to around $500-600 . Hoping to pickup either a new portable/transportable dac/amp or pmp along with a headphone.post #168 of 6992/26/12 at 12:29pmpost #169 of 6992/26/12 at 12:31pmpost #170 of 6992/26/12 at 12:35pm
Bio-cellulose is an organic substance that degrades at a faster rate than other diaphragm materials.post #171 of 6992/26/12 at 12:39pmpost #172 of 6992/26/12 at 12:41pmpost #173 of 6992/26/12 at 1:02pmpost #174 of 6992/26/12 at 1:10pmQuote:
True, but if you can't get replacement drivers, the cups don't do anything for youpost #175 of 6992/26/12 at 1:22pm
It won't be the same sound, but if the drivers went out you could make something nice by putting some new drivers in them. Maybe from an AT woody. I believe AT does sell replacement drivers for their limited edition models.post #176 of 6992/26/12 at 1:44pmpost #177 of 6992/26/12 at 10:18pmpost #178 of 6992/27/12 at 5:24pm
Just realized that there is two thread on the L1. oh well sorry to repeat myself but like I just said on the other thread I'm a new owner of the L1. They should arrive in two days. We'll see/hear how the Bass behave.post #179 of 6992/28/12 at 1:46pmpost #180 of 6992/28/12 at 3:01pmThread StarterMy very first impressions were much too warm, extremely veiled and very recessed mids. So, yeah.
I came from the PRO 900 so I can see how the veil and warmth make relatively sense, but even now, switching back to Ultrasone, my first impressions surprise me.
Something definitely happened within the first two hours. If it's burn-in or my brain, you decide. I'd bet on my brain.
- Review: Philips Fidelio L1 [Updated 5/14]
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Shure SRH 1540 or rather Focal Spirit Classic 1 minute ago
- › Shure SE846 Impressions Thread 1 minute ago
- › Havi b3 pro 1 thread 2.0 3 minutes ago
- › AudioQuest NightHawk Headphone Unveiled Today 4 minutes ago
- › Recommendation on Headphones for watching movies 4 minutes ago
- › The (new) HD800 Impressions Thread 5 minutes ago
- › AK240 and AKS02 Docking Station 5 minutes ago
- › Asus Essence One Headphone Amp/DAC (CeBIT 2011) 6 minutes ago
- › Watches - another passion of ours, it seems...post your pics! 9 minutes ago
- › Multi-Custom In-Ear Monitor Review, Resource, Mfg List & Discussion... 9 minutes ago
- › Basic K3 by nino9
- › Cowon iAUDIO 7 16Gb by Climber
- › Audio-Technica ATH-AD700X Audiophile Open-Air Headphones by TheHeadPhoneGuy
- › Shure SRH840 by SoundApprentice
- › Beyerdynamic DT-990 Professional Headphones by SoundApprentice
- › Brainwavz S0 In-Ear Headphones by TheGame21x
- › ROCK JAW ALFA GENUS by anoobis
- › Sony MDR-Z7 by dweaver
- › Brainwavz HM5 Velor Memory Foam Replacements Earpads - Suitable For... by shockdoc
- › CAD MH310 ( Superlux HD662 ) by p13rrot
- › Caution Warnings When Purchasing Used...
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3