I think I am going to go with these headphones when I get the money. But one question about the leakage. If I listen to these in a quiet classroom (virtually silent), would people hear my music at 50% volume? What about 75%+?
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- AKG K550 vs. Audio-Technica ATH-M50 Last post on 4/29/13 at 3:52pm in Headphones (full-size)
- KNS 8400 / ATH M-50 / DT 770 / SRH840?? Last post on 6/19/12 at 2:19pm in Headphones (full-size)
- AKG K550 vs. Shure srh840 vs Denon D2000...which one should i get? Last post on 6/27/12 at 7:32pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Should I get the Audio Technica ATH-m50s? Last post on 6/6/12 at 10:10pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Portability, sound quality, comfort - impossible in one pair of cans? Last post on 6/24/12 at 6:16am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
Last edited: 7/11/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3Last edited: 7/21/14
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
Bought the active noise cancelling version of these as a daily deal on Amazon for <$20. Active noise cancelling completely broken on both my original unit and the replacement - so on one hand...
Thanks to Oppo Digital Japan for allowing us to borrow the PM-1 and HA-1. Oppo coming out with a pair of headphones was quite a surprised, especially a pair of planars. Likewise the HA-1,...
Brainwavs are at it again with their new 10mm dynamic driver based IEM named "S5". I must say I was intrigued to try the new sample and where they'd come from Brainwavs B2 I owned many months...
A decade ago; I had bought into the crappy Logitech Bluetooth devices which I swore NEVER to buy again deeming it a bad technology. Ten years later; I now needed an in wireless in-ear device for...
I was looking for a cheap and cheerful, fun sounding closed can for listening at my computer at work and some limited portable use. I typically listen to EDM in this setting and had been using the...
Review: Philips Fidelio L1 [Updated 5/14] - Page 12
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #167 of 6892/26/12 at 11:36am
Thanks to both Ultazino and Muppetface for your impressions. I'm not sure how much one can relate to the graphs. I've been looking at this headphone and the Z1000. Going strictly by the graphs (depending on who's graph) the L1 looks like a bass monster and Z1000 looks like it should have less bass than a SRH940 or K701, but the actual accounts of those who have listened to them don't seem to reflect that at all.
I'm mainly looking for closed/semi-closed headphone with similar bass to my HFI-780, but a slightly smoother presentation and more conventional (but still spacious) soundstage. I tried the SRH940, but it's bass gets drowned out by mids/highs in complex music. On the other hand I still want good midrange vocal/strings performance. Highs I actually like on the airy side, but not harsh. An R10 would probably be perfect, but I'm limiting my spending this year to around $500-600 . Hoping to pickup either a new portable/transportable dac/amp or pmp along with a headphone.post #168 of 6892/26/12 at 12:29pmpost #169 of 6892/26/12 at 12:31pmpost #170 of 6892/26/12 at 12:35pm
Bio-cellulose is an organic substance that degrades at a faster rate than other diaphragm materials.post #171 of 6892/26/12 at 12:39pmpost #172 of 6892/26/12 at 12:41pmpost #173 of 6892/26/12 at 1:02pmpost #174 of 6892/26/12 at 1:10pmQuote:
True, but if you can't get replacement drivers, the cups don't do anything for youpost #175 of 6892/26/12 at 1:22pm
It won't be the same sound, but if the drivers went out you could make something nice by putting some new drivers in them. Maybe from an AT woody. I believe AT does sell replacement drivers for their limited edition models.post #176 of 6892/26/12 at 1:44pmpost #177 of 6892/26/12 at 10:18pmpost #178 of 6892/27/12 at 5:24pm
Just realized that there is two thread on the L1. oh well sorry to repeat myself but like I just said on the other thread I'm a new owner of the L1. They should arrive in two days. We'll see/hear how the Bass behave.post #179 of 6892/28/12 at 1:46pmpost #180 of 6892/28/12 at 3:01pmThread StarterMy very first impressions were much too warm, extremely veiled and very recessed mids. So, yeah.
I came from the PRO 900 so I can see how the veil and warmth make relatively sense, but even now, switching back to Ultrasone, my first impressions surprise me.
Something definitely happened within the first two hours. If it's burn-in or my brain, you decide. I'd bet on my brain.
- Review: Philips Fidelio L1 [Updated 5/14]
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › HiFiman HE-500 (HE as in High End) Proving to be an enjoyable... 42 seconds ago
- › DAP-off: Astell&Kern AK240, HiFiMAN HM-901, Sony ZX-1, FiiO X5 +... 1 minute ago
- › Fiio X5 Thread - info updated on Jan 17th 2014 2 minutes ago
- › Recommendations in spending money! LOL Looking for high quality... 3 minutes ago
- › Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Headphones, IEMs, Amps, DACs) 3 minutes ago
- › Havi B3 Pro-1 Impressions Thread 3 minutes ago
- › iDSD micro Crowd-Designed. A Teeny-Weeny Update! (page 104) 4 minutes ago
- › IC: Winnipeg meet? 5 minutes ago
- › Help Finding Quality Audio Matrix 5 minutes ago
- › Knowledge Zenith (KZ) impressions thread 5 minutes ago
- › Phiaton PS 20 Half In-Ear Premium Earphone (Glossy Black) by DrikTheTroll
- › Oppo HA-1 Integrated Headphone DAC and Amplifier. by Currawong
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by H20Fidelity
- › JayBird BlueBuds X Sport Bluetooth Headphones - Midnight Black by wpfloridian
- › Yamaha PRO 500 by VanCitySound
- › Creative Sound Blaster Z Series ZXR (70SB151000000) Sound Card by Nada190
- › ASUS Essence STX II by raymond555
- › iFi Nano iDSD by elmura
- › AKG K267 by Blinxat
- › AKG K490 NC by MP3guy
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)