I think I am going to go with these headphones when I get the money. But one question about the leakage. If I listen to these in a quiet classroom (virtually silent), would people hear my music at 50% volume? What about 75%+?
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- AKG K550 vs. Audio-Technica ATH-M50 Last post on 1/12/15 at 4:37am in Headphones (full-size)
- KNS 8400 / ATH M-50 / DT 770 / SRH840?? Last post on 6/19/12 at 2:19pm in Headphones (full-size)
- AKG K550 vs. Shure srh840 vs Denon D2000...which one should i get? Last post on 6/27/12 at 7:32pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Should I get the Audio Technica ATH-m50s? Last post on 6/6/12 at 10:10pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Portability, sound quality, comfort - impossible in one pair of cans? Last post on 6/24/12 at 6:16am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 11/28/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2Last edited: 12/5/14
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
They are a very good option. The sound is natural, they are comfortable to use. The only con I have with it is the included cable that is too long and bulky (if you want to listen them connected...
Me: I am a 21 year old student living in a small town in India. I would like to call myself a music enthusiast, rather than an audiophile. I was inspired by music since childhood, and as the time...
I must admit, until recently, I was not aware of the Master and Dynamic brand. I had heard about them on the forums, but never really read anything about them. Their recent model MH40 is their...
For larger views of any photo - please click for access to 1200 x 800 images INTRODUCTION I’ve only recently heard about thinksound™ audio, and before Head-Fi user d marc0 contacted me, I’d...
I just bought this headphone and it sound amazing, I did a burn in for about 20hr and the sound improve dramatically compared when the headphone was in the box. The comfort is phenomenal and due to...
Review: Philips Fidelio L1 [Updated 5/14] - Page 12
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #167 of 7302/26/12 at 11:36am
Thanks to both Ultazino and Muppetface for your impressions. I'm not sure how much one can relate to the graphs. I've been looking at this headphone and the Z1000. Going strictly by the graphs (depending on who's graph) the L1 looks like a bass monster and Z1000 looks like it should have less bass than a SRH940 or K701, but the actual accounts of those who have listened to them don't seem to reflect that at all.
I'm mainly looking for closed/semi-closed headphone with similar bass to my HFI-780, but a slightly smoother presentation and more conventional (but still spacious) soundstage. I tried the SRH940, but it's bass gets drowned out by mids/highs in complex music. On the other hand I still want good midrange vocal/strings performance. Highs I actually like on the airy side, but not harsh. An R10 would probably be perfect, but I'm limiting my spending this year to around $500-600 . Hoping to pickup either a new portable/transportable dac/amp or pmp along with a headphone.post #168 of 7302/26/12 at 12:29pmpost #169 of 7302/26/12 at 12:31pmpost #170 of 7302/26/12 at 12:35pm
Bio-cellulose is an organic substance that degrades at a faster rate than other diaphragm materials.post #171 of 7302/26/12 at 12:39pmpost #172 of 7302/26/12 at 12:41pmpost #173 of 7302/26/12 at 1:02pmpost #174 of 7302/26/12 at 1:10pmQuote:
True, but if you can't get replacement drivers, the cups don't do anything for youpost #175 of 7302/26/12 at 1:22pm
It won't be the same sound, but if the drivers went out you could make something nice by putting some new drivers in them. Maybe from an AT woody. I believe AT does sell replacement drivers for their limited edition models.post #176 of 7302/26/12 at 1:44pmpost #177 of 7302/26/12 at 10:18pmpost #178 of 7302/27/12 at 5:24pm
Just realized that there is two thread on the L1. oh well sorry to repeat myself but like I just said on the other thread I'm a new owner of the L1. They should arrive in two days. We'll see/hear how the Bass behave.post #179 of 7302/28/12 at 1:46pmpost #180 of 7302/28/12 at 3:01pmThread StarterMy very first impressions were much too warm, extremely veiled and very recessed mids. So, yeah.
I came from the PRO 900 so I can see how the veil and warmth make relatively sense, but even now, switching back to Ultrasone, my first impressions surprise me.
Something definitely happened within the first two hours. If it's burn-in or my brain, you decide. I'd bet on my brain.
- Review: Philips Fidelio L1 [Updated 5/14]
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Band Name Game II 5 seconds ago
- › Stax DAC Talent Super Rare! 11 seconds ago
- › Official X3 firmware thread--3.34beta: removed 5800 song limit,... 29 seconds ago
- › Creative Sound Blaster X7 - Detailed Review & Impressions 1 minute ago
- › Will an amp work with an audio interface? 1 minute ago
- › Three Word Story 1 minute ago
- › Maverick Audio TubeMagic D2 (Dedicated DAC) - Review, FAQ & Info... 2 minutes ago
- › Grado e Series 2 minutes ago
- › Video ads are insufferable! 2 minutes ago
- › = HiFiMAN HE-560 Impressions & Discussion Thread = 2 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD 518 by Tiby
- › Somic HD MH463 Open-air Dynamic Pro Headphones (Black) by YoYo JoKeR
- › Master & Dynamic MH40 by lin0003
- › thinksound rain2 Wooden In-Ear Headphone (Gunmetal Chocolate) by Brooko
- › Sennheiser HD 598 by Gia Bao
- › Pro-Ject Audio DAC Box E Entry Level DAC Black by LugBug1
- › Final Audio Design Heaven Viii by newzild
- › Audeze LCD2 Planar Magnetic Headphones by hodgjy
- › Shanling M3 Portable Digital Audio Player by YoYo JoKeR
- › Sennheiser Momentum Wireless Over Ear Headphones in Black M2AEBT by twister6
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2