I think I am going to go with these headphones when I get the money. But one question about the leakage. If I listen to these in a quiet classroom (virtually silent), would people hear my music at 50% volume? What about 75%+?
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- AKG K550 vs. Audio-Technica ATH-M50 Last post on 1/12/15 at 4:37am in Headphones (full-size)
- KNS 8400 / ATH M-50 / DT 770 / SRH840?? Last post on 6/19/12 at 2:19pm in Headphones (full-size)
- AKG K550 vs. Shure srh840 vs Denon D2000...which one should i get? Last post on 6/27/12 at 7:32pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Should I get the Audio Technica ATH-m50s? Last post on 6/6/12 at 10:10pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Portability, sound quality, comfort - impossible in one pair of cans? Last post on 6/24/12 at 6:16am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 6/30/15
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
Review: Philips Fidelio L1 [Updated 5/14] - Page 12
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #167 of 7442/26/12 at 11:36am
Thanks to both Ultazino and Muppetface for your impressions. I'm not sure how much one can relate to the graphs. I've been looking at this headphone and the Z1000. Going strictly by the graphs (depending on who's graph) the L1 looks like a bass monster and Z1000 looks like it should have less bass than a SRH940 or K701, but the actual accounts of those who have listened to them don't seem to reflect that at all.
I'm mainly looking for closed/semi-closed headphone with similar bass to my HFI-780, but a slightly smoother presentation and more conventional (but still spacious) soundstage. I tried the SRH940, but it's bass gets drowned out by mids/highs in complex music. On the other hand I still want good midrange vocal/strings performance. Highs I actually like on the airy side, but not harsh. An R10 would probably be perfect, but I'm limiting my spending this year to around $500-600 . Hoping to pickup either a new portable/transportable dac/amp or pmp along with a headphone.post #168 of 7442/26/12 at 12:29pmpost #169 of 7442/26/12 at 12:31pmpost #170 of 7442/26/12 at 12:35pm
Bio-cellulose is an organic substance that degrades at a faster rate than other diaphragm materials.post #171 of 7442/26/12 at 12:39pmpost #172 of 7442/26/12 at 12:41pmpost #173 of 7442/26/12 at 1:02pmpost #174 of 7442/26/12 at 1:10pmQuote:
True, but if you can't get replacement drivers, the cups don't do anything for youpost #175 of 7442/26/12 at 1:22pm
It won't be the same sound, but if the drivers went out you could make something nice by putting some new drivers in them. Maybe from an AT woody. I believe AT does sell replacement drivers for their limited edition models.post #176 of 7442/26/12 at 1:44pmpost #177 of 7442/26/12 at 10:18pmpost #178 of 7442/27/12 at 5:24pm
Just realized that there is two thread on the L1. oh well sorry to repeat myself but like I just said on the other thread I'm a new owner of the L1. They should arrive in two days. We'll see/hear how the Bass behave.post #179 of 7442/28/12 at 1:46pmpost #180 of 7442/28/12 at 3:01pmThread StarterMy very first impressions were much too warm, extremely veiled and very recessed mids. So, yeah.
I came from the PRO 900 so I can see how the veil and warmth make relatively sense, but even now, switching back to Ultrasone, my first impressions surprise me.
Something definitely happened within the first two hours. If it's burn-in or my brain, you decide. I'd bet on my brain.
- Review: Philips Fidelio L1 [Updated 5/14]
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Headphone Impedance
- › New Schiit! Ragnarok and Yggdrasil 3 seconds ago
- › Best Over-Ear Headphones for Around $50? 6 seconds ago
- › Why 24 bit audio and anything over 48k is not only worthless, but... 31 seconds ago
- › OPPO PM-1 / PM-2 Loaner Program 45 seconds ago
- › ***NEW*** Cavalli Audio's Liquid Carbon... a $599 Cavalli amp??? 1 minute ago
- › Music Game IX 2 minutes ago
- › Audio GD Master-11(Combination from Master 7 and Master 9) 2 minutes ago
- › Band Name Game II 2 minutes ago
- › SONY NWZ-A10 Series 2 minutes ago
- › Three Word Story 3 minutes ago
- › Fidue A73 Hybrid Monitor Earphones with universal single button... by wrathzombie
- › RHA T20 by Wyd4
- › Cavalli Audio Liquid Carbon by Stillhart
- › Eddie Current Zana Deux SE by mikoss
- › FiiO X5 2nd gen Premium Hi-Res DAP by fleasbaby
- › Sennheiser HD 598 by LandonO
- › Audeze EL-8 Closed-Back by twister6
- › Yamaha HPH-MT220BL by RushNerd
- › Klipsch Image X10 Noise-Isolating Earphone by achelgeson
- › Philips SHE3590BK/10 In-Ear Headphones (Black) by nauhid
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3