I think I am going to go with these headphones when I get the money. But one question about the leakage. If I listen to these in a quiet classroom (virtually silent), would people hear my music at 50% volume? What about 75%+?
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- AKG K550 vs. Audio-Technica ATH-M50 Last post on 1/12/15 at 4:37am in Headphones (full-size)
- KNS 8400 / ATH M-50 / DT 770 / SRH840?? Last post on 6/19/12 at 2:19pm in Headphones (full-size)
- AKG K550 vs. Shure srh840 vs Denon D2000...which one should i get? Last post on 6/27/12 at 7:32pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Should I get the Audio Technica ATH-m50s? Last post on 6/6/12 at 10:10pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Portability, sound quality, comfort - impossible in one pair of cans? Last post on 6/24/12 at 6:16am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 11/28/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2Last edited: 12/5/14
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
This is a wonderful little tube amplifier for the price. I paid only $59 for the amp and it was in perfect condition with a new Electro-Harmonix 6922 tube. The tube itself runs about $15, so the...
INTRODUCTION Altone250 U.S. Tour Being an Altone200 fan, I was quite excited to hear that T-PEOS was updating their IEM lineup with a new Altone series based on feedback received from the H300...
Intro (Kind of) The Westone W30 is one of several IEMs in Westone's newly revamped universal IEM collection, intended as a removable-cable replacement to the older W3. For those of you who are...
I picked these beautiful-looking babies on amazon few days ago when price dropped on amazon (used ones from amazon warehouse for $400), which was a bargain; compared to $300 price tag on HD650's....
I began to search for a shorter cable for my HD600 just because the stock cable is to long for using with a portable device. I didn't want to spend to much under $100. I did the standard Amazon and...
Review: Philips Fidelio L1 [Updated 5/14] - Page 12
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #167 of 7302/26/12 at 11:36am
Thanks to both Ultazino and Muppetface for your impressions. I'm not sure how much one can relate to the graphs. I've been looking at this headphone and the Z1000. Going strictly by the graphs (depending on who's graph) the L1 looks like a bass monster and Z1000 looks like it should have less bass than a SRH940 or K701, but the actual accounts of those who have listened to them don't seem to reflect that at all.
I'm mainly looking for closed/semi-closed headphone with similar bass to my HFI-780, but a slightly smoother presentation and more conventional (but still spacious) soundstage. I tried the SRH940, but it's bass gets drowned out by mids/highs in complex music. On the other hand I still want good midrange vocal/strings performance. Highs I actually like on the airy side, but not harsh. An R10 would probably be perfect, but I'm limiting my spending this year to around $500-600 . Hoping to pickup either a new portable/transportable dac/amp or pmp along with a headphone.post #168 of 7302/26/12 at 12:29pmpost #169 of 7302/26/12 at 12:31pmpost #170 of 7302/26/12 at 12:35pm
Bio-cellulose is an organic substance that degrades at a faster rate than other diaphragm materials.post #171 of 7302/26/12 at 12:39pmpost #172 of 7302/26/12 at 12:41pmpost #173 of 7302/26/12 at 1:02pmpost #174 of 7302/26/12 at 1:10pmQuote:
True, but if you can't get replacement drivers, the cups don't do anything for youpost #175 of 7302/26/12 at 1:22pm
It won't be the same sound, but if the drivers went out you could make something nice by putting some new drivers in them. Maybe from an AT woody. I believe AT does sell replacement drivers for their limited edition models.post #176 of 7302/26/12 at 1:44pmpost #177 of 7302/26/12 at 10:18pmpost #178 of 7302/27/12 at 5:24pm
Just realized that there is two thread on the L1. oh well sorry to repeat myself but like I just said on the other thread I'm a new owner of the L1. They should arrive in two days. We'll see/hear how the Bass behave.post #179 of 7302/28/12 at 1:46pmpost #180 of 7302/28/12 at 3:01pmThread StarterMy very first impressions were much too warm, extremely veiled and very recessed mids. So, yeah.
I came from the PRO 900 so I can see how the veil and warmth make relatively sense, but even now, switching back to Ultrasone, my first impressions surprise me.
Something definitely happened within the first two hours. If it's burn-in or my brain, you decide. I'd bet on my brain.
- Review: Philips Fidelio L1 [Updated 5/14]
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Sony MDR-XB950BT Bluetooth headphones just now
- › Three Word Story 13 seconds ago
- › [REVIEW]: Noble Audio Kaiser 10: 10-driver Custom-Fit In-Ear Monitor 13 seconds ago
- › LAMPIZATOR THREAD COMMENTS REVIEWS TUNING 1 minute ago
- › Music Game IX 1 minute ago
- › VSonic VSD5 Impressions/Appreciation Thread. VSonic's answer to... 1 minute ago
- › JVC HA-SZ2000/1000 Impressions Thread 1 minute ago
- › He-500... God. Help me suggest a new but similar expirence 2 minutes ago
- › WANTED: FiiO X3 or iBasso DX50 2 minutes ago
- › [Review] Superlux HD681 EVO 3 minutes ago
- › Bravo Audio Tube Amplifier - V3 by sarora
- › T-Peos Altone250 by nmatheis
- › Westone W30 Triple Driver Universal Fit Noise Isolating Earphones,... by C.C.S.
- › Sennheiser HD 700 Headphone by KopaZ
- › Tennmak Sennheiser HD600/650 Short Cable by bikerboy94
- › Original Xiaomi Piston III Youth Edition Earphone Earbuds Headset... by leoscarax
- › iFi Audio micro iDSD by knorris908
- › Shure SE425 Earphone by interpolate
- › Bakoon HPA-01 by Currawong
- › Pioneer SE-CX8-T Headphone, Bright Copper by Luckbad
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2