Bumping this one up because more people need to read it.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- AKG K550 vs. Audio-Technica ATH-M50 Last post on 1/12/15 at 4:37am in Headphones (full-size)
- KNS 8400 / ATH M-50 / DT 770 / SRH840?? Last post on 6/19/12 at 2:19pm in Headphones (full-size)
- AKG K550 vs. Shure srh840 vs Denon D2000...which one should i get? Last post on 6/27/12 at 7:32pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Should I get the Audio Technica ATH-m50s? Last post on 6/6/12 at 10:10pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Portability, sound quality, comfort - impossible in one pair of cans? Last post on 6/24/12 at 6:16am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 11/28/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2Last edited: 12/5/14
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
AK120II and Pono player combined review
EarTech Music have you ever heard of them or Ear Technology Corporation well me neither. This review is for EarTech Music Dual driver custom in ear monitor. I ran upon this company one day while I...
Setup: System #1: Macbook Pro Retina, Fidelia Software, Fiio e17 Alpen System #2: Mac Pro, Fidelia Software, Headphone Out or Fiio e17/E09K combo Some of the tracks used to...
WHY THESE? The kind people on iBuyGou (www.ibuygou.com) kindly offered me a pair of Xiaomi-like headphones to review here, as I actively have been using my Pistons the last year, and as these...
Got one of these for a downstairs/bedroom system I'm trying to put together for peanuts. For your money, you get a very well made little steel box, crinkle finished, painted silver. You can see...
Review: Philips Fidelio L1 [Updated 5/14] - Page 2
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #17 of 7251/26/12 at 7:58ampost #18 of 7251/26/12 at 8:08am
- Trader Feedback: +55
Flips free review samples, and profits at the
expense of fellow Head-Fiers (like yourself)
- 3,950 Posts. Joined 2/2011
- Location: Sussex, U.K
- Select All Posts By This User
very nice review, they look amazing. i may have to start putting money aside for these.post #19 of 7251/26/12 at 8:09ampost #20 of 7251/26/12 at 8:09ampost #21 of 7251/26/12 at 8:18ampost #22 of 7251/26/12 at 8:52am
For the guys who own them or tried them..... how would you rank them with some more famous headphones?
Like , in which caregory would they more likely sit?
1) hd598/akg k601/k550/d2000
2) hd650/dt880/k701post #23 of 7251/26/12 at 9:36ampost #24 of 7251/26/12 at 10:32ampost #25 of 7251/26/12 at 12:45pm
Great review Ultrazino! I am always interested in what you have to say about cans and their timbre ever since we had a brief discussion on how natural the HJE900s sound and how you haven't been able to find that in a full-size can as of yet. I'm glad you finally put out a review on some headphones you found impressive. I think we're both definitely looking for that natural feel of instruments and how accurately they should sound, so I really appreciate this review. That said, how do you think these compare timbre-wise with the HJE900s? Or just in general in your opinion.
I have to say, I'm really happy that Philips is stepping up to the plate and the reasonable pricing is a wonderful thing. There's nothing I appreciate more than a company who keeps SQ, comfort, style, and pricing in consideration. The neutrality in sound sig is a BIG plus too IMHO. It may be too early to tell but it looks like we have a game-changing company here. :)
Edited by roma101 - 1/26/12 at 12:46pmpost #26 of 7251/26/12 at 12:56pmThread StarterQuote:
In one word: better. ;)
I think anybody who likes the HJE900 will also like/love the L1. As for timbre, I think the L1 is so far the best fullsize I've heard! I didn't put it like that in the review, because with time I've learned that many people have another opinion on what good timbre is. But if you ask me, the L1 sounds mighty mighty fine with timbre! Every instrument, every voice is exactly like I want it to sound.
I've just spent another 7 hours with the L1 today. I planned on updating my impressions, but my opinion hasn't changed one bit.post #27 of 7251/26/12 at 1:10pm
Wow that's really awesome to hear! How does it do with drums and how's the spatial imaging? Thanks again for your impressions Ultrazino. Can't wait to hear more. Sounds like Philips has a real winner on their hands.post #28 of 7251/26/12 at 3:28pmQuote:
After hearing about these new headphones, I did some searching. It appears they are preparing for a March 2012 release on them. So, a bit over 4 weeks left to go.post #29 of 7251/26/12 at 7:41pmpost #30 of 7251/27/12 at 6:50amQuote:Originally Posted by Ultrazino
I’ve seen many posts from people who seemed worried about the half-open design. If isolation is a big concern, you must pass on these. However, if you don’t blast your ear canals but listen at moderate volume, you shouldn’t be worried about disturbing others. Sound leakage is very little and the L1 captures the noise much better than the Ultrasone PRO 900.
But the L1 also lets sound inside a bit more than a fully closed design. If you want to hear the door bell or don’t want to miss any calls at work, the Philips might have the perfect balance between isolation and awareness.
Sorry for stressing that. Sound leakage can be an issue for me sometimes when I would like to be in the same room as my wife and listen to music without disturbing her too much...
Can your wife hear the music that you are listening to at a moderate volume level if she is in the same room? Can it be disturbing?
- Review: Philips Fidelio L1 [Updated 5/14]
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Sony MDR-V6 (and family) Impressions Thread 48 seconds ago
- › The Tera player thread.Philips R2R DAC ( impressions, opinions,... 55 seconds ago
- › What Are You Listening To Right Now? -New thread, new rules. Please... 1 minute ago
- › SONY NW-ZX2 HI-END DAP 1 minute ago
- › AUDEZE LCD XC 2 minutes ago
- › 1964 Ears 3 minutes ago
- › Soundsoul S-018 Impressions Thread 4 minutes ago
- › CanJam SoCal 2015, March 28-29, 2015 -- It's Official! 6 minutes ago
- › Audeze LCD-X 6 minutes ago
- › EarWerkz, a new CIEM company, discussion thread 6 minutes ago
- › PonoMusic PonoPlayer by piksnz
- › EarTech Music Dual Driver Custom Molded In Ear Musician Monitors... by acain
- › PSB M4U 1 by prez
- › 1 More Design Piston Crystal by banjoanton
- › Schiit Magni 2 by Willy 2 Streams
- › Dunu TITAN 1 — titanium-coated diaphragm earphones by tomscy2000
- › Master & Dynamic MH30 On Ear Headphone - Black by YoYo JoKeR
- › Master & Dynamic ME03 In Ear Headphone by twister6
- › Logitech Z-5500 THX-Certified 5.1 Digital Surround Sound Speaker... by NightFlight
- › Emotiva Stealth Eight by Audiobahn808
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3