Bumping this one up because more people need to read it.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- AKG K550 vs. Audio-Technica ATH-M50 Last post on 4/29/13 at 3:52pm in Headphones (full-size)
- KNS 8400 / ATH M-50 / DT 770 / SRH840?? Last post on 6/19/12 at 2:19pm in Headphones (full-size)
- AKG K550 vs. Shure srh840 vs Denon D2000...which one should i get? Last post on 6/27/12 at 7:32pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Should I get the Audio Technica ATH-m50s? Last post on 6/6/12 at 10:10pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Portability, sound quality, comfort - impossible in one pair of cans? Last post on 6/24/12 at 6:16am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 8/19/13
- 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Over-Ear)Last edited: 5/13/13
- 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)Last edited: Yesterday
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
This is the veteran ex-flagship model from FitEar／須山補聴器 before the Mitsuharu Harada series (MH335DW) was released recently. The C435 is a 4 way crossover configuration, 5 drivers (2 highs, 2 mids 1...
I've spent the past week auditioning these new VSD1S by VSonic. Before this I was listening extensively to my dual dynamics JVC FXT90's and my dual armature UE 700. For a single dynamic driver that...
I started this review with the intention of pointing out the things I don't like about it, but man, there really isn't much I don't love about these. Out of the box they sound very thin and...
It does a good job as a DAC for my starving student amp. Eventually, I will probably upgrade but it works well enough. It is nice that it powers off of USB and doesn't take up tons of space.
The review is based on the stock pads, not based on the upgraded velour pads. The only problem with the sound quality is a weird color in the upper mids, around vocal range. This is due to the...
Review: Philips Fidelio L1 [Updated 5/14] - Page 2
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #17 of 6611/26/12 at 7:58ampost #18 of 6611/26/12 at 8:08ampost #19 of 6611/26/12 at 8:09ampost #20 of 6611/26/12 at 8:09ampost #21 of 6611/26/12 at 8:18ampost #22 of 6611/26/12 at 8:52am
For the guys who own them or tried them..... how would you rank them with some more famous headphones?
Like , in which caregory would they more likely sit?
1) hd598/akg k601/k550/d2000
2) hd650/dt880/k701post #23 of 6611/26/12 at 9:36ampost #24 of 6611/26/12 at 10:32ampost #25 of 6611/26/12 at 12:45pm
Great review Ultrazino! I am always interested in what you have to say about cans and their timbre ever since we had a brief discussion on how natural the HJE900s sound and how you haven't been able to find that in a full-size can as of yet. I'm glad you finally put out a review on some headphones you found impressive. I think we're both definitely looking for that natural feel of instruments and how accurately they should sound, so I really appreciate this review. That said, how do you think these compare timbre-wise with the HJE900s? Or just in general in your opinion.
I have to say, I'm really happy that Philips is stepping up to the plate and the reasonable pricing is a wonderful thing. There's nothing I appreciate more than a company who keeps SQ, comfort, style, and pricing in consideration. The neutrality in sound sig is a BIG plus too IMHO. It may be too early to tell but it looks like we have a game-changing company here. :)
Edited by roma101 - 1/26/12 at 12:46pmpost #26 of 6611/26/12 at 12:56pmThread StarterQuote:
In one word: better. ;)
I think anybody who likes the HJE900 will also like/love the L1. As for timbre, I think the L1 is so far the best fullsize I've heard! I didn't put it like that in the review, because with time I've learned that many people have another opinion on what good timbre is. But if you ask me, the L1 sounds mighty mighty fine with timbre! Every instrument, every voice is exactly like I want it to sound.
I've just spent another 7 hours with the L1 today. I planned on updating my impressions, but my opinion hasn't changed one bit.post #27 of 6611/26/12 at 1:10pm
Wow that's really awesome to hear! How does it do with drums and how's the spatial imaging? Thanks again for your impressions Ultrazino. Can't wait to hear more. Sounds like Philips has a real winner on their hands.post #28 of 6611/26/12 at 3:28pmQuote:
After hearing about these new headphones, I did some searching. It appears they are preparing for a March 2012 release on them. So, a bit over 4 weeks left to go.post #29 of 6611/26/12 at 7:41pmpost #30 of 6611/27/12 at 6:50amQuote:Originally Posted by Ultrazino
I’ve seen many posts from people who seemed worried about the half-open design. If isolation is a big concern, you must pass on these. However, if you don’t blast your ear canals but listen at moderate volume, you shouldn’t be worried about disturbing others. Sound leakage is very little and the L1 captures the noise much better than the Ultrasone PRO 900.
But the L1 also lets sound inside a bit more than a fully closed design. If you want to hear the door bell or don’t want to miss any calls at work, the Philips might have the perfect balance between isolation and awareness.
Sorry for stressing that. Sound leakage can be an issue for me sometimes when I would like to be in the same room as my wife and listen to music without disturbing her too much...
Can your wife hear the music that you are listening to at a moderate volume level if she is in the same room? Can it be disturbing?
- Review: Philips Fidelio L1 [Updated 5/14]
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Over-Ear)
- › Schiit Owners Unite 5 seconds ago
- › New JH Audio flagship! "Siren Series Roxanne" 20 seconds ago
- › Sony NWZ-ZX1 - 35th Walkman Anniversary model 1 minute ago
- › Speaker amps for headphones 1 minute ago
- › 2013 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Exchange 2 minutes ago
- › NEW Vali Schiit AMP!!! 3 minutes ago
- › Best classical recordings...ever! 3 minutes ago
- › Has anyone heard anything about the Oppo HA-1 balanced headphone... 3 minutes ago
- › Static screeching noise Magni/Modi - DT990 250Ohm 4 minutes ago
- › ULTRASONE NEW ANNOUNCED HEADPHONE Signature Pro 4 minutes ago
- › FitEar Private C435 Custom In-Ear Monitors by TheLastDevil
- › VSONIC VSD1S by IEMagnet01
- › Bowers & Wilkins P7 by eightbitpotion
- › NuForce Icon uDAC-2 (Black) USB DAC (24bit/96kHz) and Headphone... by jshaffe
- › HiFiMAN HE-400 by jshaffe
- › Beyerdynamic DT 880 Pro 250 OHM Semi-open reference headphone by jshaffe
- › MartinLogan Mikros 90 Reference On-Ear Headphones, Black by pataburd
- › Logitech UE 6000 by Trunks159
- › MEElectronics SP51-BK Sound Preference In-Ear Headphone with Sound... by Benik3
- › Beats Studio Over-Ear Headphone (Black) - NEW by JGrignon
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide by warrenpchi
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Introduction) by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by skehoe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by warrenpchi
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Desktop Amps... by warrenpchi
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Portable... by warrenpchi
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Desktop &... by warrenpchi