Bumping this one up because more people need to read it.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- AKG K550 vs. Audio-Technica ATH-M50 Last post on 1/12/15 at 4:37am in Headphones (full-size)
- KNS 8400 / ATH M-50 / DT 770 / SRH840?? Last post on 6/19/12 at 2:19pm in Headphones (full-size)
- AKG K550 vs. Shure srh840 vs Denon D2000...which one should i get? Last post on 6/27/12 at 7:32pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Should I get the Audio Technica ATH-m50s? Last post on 6/6/12 at 10:10pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Portability, sound quality, comfort - impossible in one pair of cans? Last post on 6/24/12 at 6:16am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 1/18/16
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
Obravo erib-2a Review April 2016 ------------------------------------------------------------------------------ Sources used: Sony ZX1 Walkman, HP X360 Spectre with MS Win 10 laptop, Tag...
Note: MusicTeck graciously provided the Miracle and Maestro samples for review. Originally published at CYMBACAVUM. Based in New Jersey, MusicTeck is an official distributor for some of the...
I've only had these headphones for a few days, so these can be considered preliminary impressions. Using Spotify Extreme with Equalify plugin -> Schiit Bifrost Multibit -> Violectric V200 ->...
MrSpeakers Alpha Dog: A reference class Dog Introduction First, a disclaimer: I purchased the Alpha Dogs ($499USD, discontinued) with my own money after doing my own research and thus this is my...
Hi everyone, Before I start the review, I would like to thank Campfire Audio for making this awesome IEM, and also to d marc0 for inviting me in the tour. INTRODUCTION I'm an Indonesian...
Review: Philips Fidelio L1 [Updated 5/14] - Page 2
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #17 of 7441/26/12 at 7:58ampost #18 of 7441/26/12 at 8:08ampost #19 of 7441/26/12 at 8:09ampost #20 of 7441/26/12 at 8:09ampost #21 of 7441/26/12 at 8:18ampost #22 of 7441/26/12 at 8:52am
For the guys who own them or tried them..... how would you rank them with some more famous headphones?
Like , in which caregory would they more likely sit?
1) hd598/akg k601/k550/d2000
2) hd650/dt880/k701post #23 of 7441/26/12 at 9:36ampost #24 of 7441/26/12 at 10:32ampost #25 of 7441/26/12 at 12:45pm
Great review Ultrazino! I am always interested in what you have to say about cans and their timbre ever since we had a brief discussion on how natural the HJE900s sound and how you haven't been able to find that in a full-size can as of yet. I'm glad you finally put out a review on some headphones you found impressive. I think we're both definitely looking for that natural feel of instruments and how accurately they should sound, so I really appreciate this review. That said, how do you think these compare timbre-wise with the HJE900s? Or just in general in your opinion.
I have to say, I'm really happy that Philips is stepping up to the plate and the reasonable pricing is a wonderful thing. There's nothing I appreciate more than a company who keeps SQ, comfort, style, and pricing in consideration. The neutrality in sound sig is a BIG plus too IMHO. It may be too early to tell but it looks like we have a game-changing company here. :)
Edited by roma101 - 1/26/12 at 12:46pmpost #26 of 7441/26/12 at 12:56pmThread StarterQuote:
In one word: better. ;)
I think anybody who likes the HJE900 will also like/love the L1. As for timbre, I think the L1 is so far the best fullsize I've heard! I didn't put it like that in the review, because with time I've learned that many people have another opinion on what good timbre is. But if you ask me, the L1 sounds mighty mighty fine with timbre! Every instrument, every voice is exactly like I want it to sound.
I've just spent another 7 hours with the L1 today. I planned on updating my impressions, but my opinion hasn't changed one bit.post #27 of 7441/26/12 at 1:10pm
Wow that's really awesome to hear! How does it do with drums and how's the spatial imaging? Thanks again for your impressions Ultrazino. Can't wait to hear more. Sounds like Philips has a real winner on their hands.post #28 of 7441/26/12 at 3:28pmQuote:
After hearing about these new headphones, I did some searching. It appears they are preparing for a March 2012 release on them. So, a bit over 4 weeks left to go.post #29 of 7441/26/12 at 7:41pmpost #30 of 7441/27/12 at 6:50amQuote:Originally Posted by Ultrazino
I’ve seen many posts from people who seemed worried about the half-open design. If isolation is a big concern, you must pass on these. However, if you don’t blast your ear canals but listen at moderate volume, you shouldn’t be worried about disturbing others. Sound leakage is very little and the L1 captures the noise much better than the Ultrasone PRO 900.
But the L1 also lets sound inside a bit more than a fully closed design. If you want to hear the door bell or don’t want to miss any calls at work, the Philips might have the perfect balance between isolation and awareness.
Sorry for stressing that. Sound leakage can be an issue for me sometimes when I would like to be in the same room as my wife and listen to music without disturbing her too much...
Can your wife hear the music that you are listening to at a moderate volume level if she is in the same room? Can it be disturbing?
- Review: Philips Fidelio L1 [Updated 5/14]
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Headphone Impedance
- › iBasso DX80 . . impressions and reviews. . and discussion NEW ... 9 seconds ago
- › XMOS XU208 USB BRIDGES - THE LATEST GEN HAS ARRIVED! 14 seconds ago
- › Looking for a new headphone 36 seconds ago
- › Micro Idsd VS Mojo VS Fiio X7, Need Advice Pls 2 minutes ago
- › Ultimate Ears Triple Fi 10 Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Audeze LCD-4 4 minutes ago
- › Shure SE846 Impressions Thread 5 minutes ago
- › If you still love Etymotic ER4, this is the thread for you... 5 minutes ago
- › Alpha & Delta D2 Impressions 6 minutes ago
- › Moon Nēo 430HA Reference Headphone Amplifier 6 minutes ago
- › OSTRY KC06 High Fidelity Stereo Inner-Ear Earphones by Aerosphere
- › oBravo ERIB-2a by FortisFlyer75
- › Unique Melody UM Maestro 12 driver IEM by shotgunshane
- › Sennheiser HD 800 S by Kon Peki
- › MrSpeakers Alpha Dog (T50RP Mod) by k4rstar
- › Campfire Audio Orion by emptymt
- › 64 Audio (1964 Ears) ADEL U6 by Brooko
- › Sennheiser IE 8 In-Ear Headphones by Docjitters
- › FiiO X5 2nd gen Premium Hi-Res DAP by eriksq
- › MusicMaker TK13 by Paulpark222
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse