Bumping this one up because more people need to read it.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- AKG K550 vs. Audio-Technica ATH-M50 Last post on 1/12/15 at 4:37am in Headphones (full-size)
- KNS 8400 / ATH M-50 / DT 770 / SRH840?? Last post on 6/19/12 at 2:19pm in Headphones (full-size)
- AKG K550 vs. Shure srh840 vs Denon D2000...which one should i get? Last post on 6/27/12 at 7:32pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Should I get the Audio Technica ATH-m50s? Last post on 6/6/12 at 10:10pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Portability, sound quality, comfort - impossible in one pair of cans? Last post on 6/24/12 at 6:16am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 11/28/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2Last edited: 12/5/14
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
I realize it is a bit of apples vs oranges, but I will compare these to the Sennheiser HD 600 sound, since I sometimes use those to mix recordings with, and many know their sound. Assuming good...
My Amazon Review: I've owned many pieces of high end home audio over the years. Brands like Dali, Audio Research, Krell, Melos, and others. I expect a lot from my gear. In this case, one of the...
About me: I am not an audiology, sound expert or anything professional about audio of short. I am simply just a consumer with a lot of love for musics for years....I purchased this pair, and Would...
Before the Lyr 2 I owned two hybrid headphone amplifiers: the Hifiman EF2A, and the Maverick Audio A1. What both those entry level amplifiers lacked was the power and sonic dynamics to drive my...
I've spent about a month with Cayin N6 DAP, and I'd like to share my thoughts about it. There is few really great reviews of this DAP, so I won't repeat them again, describing it's box,...
Review: Philips Fidelio L1 [Updated 5/14] - Page 2
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #17 of 7251/26/12 at 7:58ampost #18 of 7251/26/12 at 8:08am
- Trader Feedback: +55
Flips free review samples, and profits at the
expense of fellow Head-Fiers (like yourself)
- 3,950 Posts. Joined 2/2011
- Location: Sussex, U.K
- Select All Posts By This User
very nice review, they look amazing. i may have to start putting money aside for these.post #19 of 7251/26/12 at 8:09ampost #20 of 7251/26/12 at 8:09ampost #21 of 7251/26/12 at 8:18ampost #22 of 7251/26/12 at 8:52am
For the guys who own them or tried them..... how would you rank them with some more famous headphones?
Like , in which caregory would they more likely sit?
1) hd598/akg k601/k550/d2000
2) hd650/dt880/k701post #23 of 7251/26/12 at 9:36ampost #24 of 7251/26/12 at 10:32ampost #25 of 7251/26/12 at 12:45pm
Great review Ultrazino! I am always interested in what you have to say about cans and their timbre ever since we had a brief discussion on how natural the HJE900s sound and how you haven't been able to find that in a full-size can as of yet. I'm glad you finally put out a review on some headphones you found impressive. I think we're both definitely looking for that natural feel of instruments and how accurately they should sound, so I really appreciate this review. That said, how do you think these compare timbre-wise with the HJE900s? Or just in general in your opinion.
I have to say, I'm really happy that Philips is stepping up to the plate and the reasonable pricing is a wonderful thing. There's nothing I appreciate more than a company who keeps SQ, comfort, style, and pricing in consideration. The neutrality in sound sig is a BIG plus too IMHO. It may be too early to tell but it looks like we have a game-changing company here. :)
Edited by roma101 - 1/26/12 at 12:46pmpost #26 of 7251/26/12 at 12:56pmThread StarterQuote:
In one word: better. ;)
I think anybody who likes the HJE900 will also like/love the L1. As for timbre, I think the L1 is so far the best fullsize I've heard! I didn't put it like that in the review, because with time I've learned that many people have another opinion on what good timbre is. But if you ask me, the L1 sounds mighty mighty fine with timbre! Every instrument, every voice is exactly like I want it to sound.
I've just spent another 7 hours with the L1 today. I planned on updating my impressions, but my opinion hasn't changed one bit.post #27 of 7251/26/12 at 1:10pm
Wow that's really awesome to hear! How does it do with drums and how's the spatial imaging? Thanks again for your impressions Ultrazino. Can't wait to hear more. Sounds like Philips has a real winner on their hands.post #28 of 7251/26/12 at 3:28pmQuote:
After hearing about these new headphones, I did some searching. It appears they are preparing for a March 2012 release on them. So, a bit over 4 weeks left to go.post #29 of 7251/26/12 at 7:41pmpost #30 of 7251/27/12 at 6:50amQuote:Originally Posted by Ultrazino
I’ve seen many posts from people who seemed worried about the half-open design. If isolation is a big concern, you must pass on these. However, if you don’t blast your ear canals but listen at moderate volume, you shouldn’t be worried about disturbing others. Sound leakage is very little and the L1 captures the noise much better than the Ultrasone PRO 900.
But the L1 also lets sound inside a bit more than a fully closed design. If you want to hear the door bell or don’t want to miss any calls at work, the Philips might have the perfect balance between isolation and awareness.
Sorry for stressing that. Sound leakage can be an issue for me sometimes when I would like to be in the same room as my wife and listen to music without disturbing her too much...
Can your wife hear the music that you are listening to at a moderate volume level if she is in the same room? Can it be disturbing?
- Review: Philips Fidelio L1 [Updated 5/14]
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Cosmic Ears - new CIEM company with great prices (including Hybrid... 28 seconds ago
- › FS: iBasso DX50 33 seconds ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 3 minutes ago
- › Official Ipod Video / Classic 5g+5.5g+6g+6.5g+7g SSD Mod thread 4 minutes ago
- › 24bit vs 16bit, the myth exploded! 4 minutes ago
- › DITA Audio The Answer 5 minutes ago
- › Fiio X5 Thread - info updated on Jan 17th 2014 6 minutes ago
- › hd25-1 appreciation thread 6 minutes ago
- › Fiio x5 like new boxed for sale UK/Eu 7 minutes ago
- › Fiio x5 like new boxed for sale UK/Eu 7 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD 380 PRO Headphones by Zobel
- › PENDULUMIC STANCE S1+ Bluethooth Wireless Headphones by Deckardk
- › JVC KENWOOD In-Ear Headphones HA-FX750 by Whitigir
- › Schiit Lyr 2 by bpandbass
- › Cayin N6 PCM1792A chip DSD lossless music player by cleg
- › OSTRY KC06A Hi-Fi In-Ear High Performance Earphones Headphones by xsuper
- › Brainwavz Delta by vaziyetu
- › JVC Kenwood Victer Stereo Headphones Ha-sz1000 by Hawaiibadboy
- › MEElectronics M9 Classic Hi-Fi Noise-Isolating In-Ear Headphones by pformagg
- › Bang & Olufsen BeoPlay H8 by Giogio
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2