Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- AKG K550 vs. Audio-Technica ATH-M50 Last post on 1/12/15 at 4:37am in Headphones (full-size)
- KNS 8400 / ATH M-50 / DT 770 / SRH840?? Last post on 6/19/12 at 2:19pm in Headphones (full-size)
- AKG K550 vs. Shure srh840 vs Denon D2000...which one should i get? Last post on 6/27/12 at 7:32pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Should I get the Audio Technica ATH-m50s? Last post on 6/6/12 at 10:10pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Portability, sound quality, comfort - impossible in one pair of cans? Last post on 6/24/12 at 6:16am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 6/30/15
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
A company whose products give me endless enjoyment, they fulfill every need I personally look for in audio...
First off I want to apologize for taking so long to get this review put together. Circumstances and family responsibility have conspired against me this year in regards to being able put together a...
The Elecom LBT-PAR500AV was purchased by me on Ebay. I’m not in any way affiliated with Elecom. The price was about $50 when I bought it. About me: I’m a 42 year old music...
Review: Philips Fidelio L1 [Updated 5/14] - Page 9post #121 of 7442/15/12 at 3:30pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #122 of 7442/15/12 at 4:39pmQuote:Originally Posted by RPGWiZaRD
Hah, I just saw a Philips L1 ad on youtube when checking one of my uploads. :P
OMG this is just getting ridiculous, yes I'm interested in these thank you and certainly doesn't help my resistance plastering the ads all over the Internet, now showed up all over the place on imageshack too! lol xD
I hope you're being sarcastic... but in case you didn't know; those ads are based on your search queries on the internet. Go shopping for shoes and you'll be sure to see zappos adverts or something on the sidebar of youtube.
post #123 of 7442/16/12 at 10:39am
I've decided to return mine. They're a bit too uncomfortable and warm (sonically) for me. If I'm going to have only one headphone, it's going to be my 8400s. Fortunately, Apple has a store in Portland, and I can return online orders in the store.post #124 of 7442/18/12 at 7:18amThread Starterpost #125 of 7442/18/12 at 8:17ampost #126 of 7442/19/12 at 10:09ampost #127 of 7442/20/12 at 10:08am
@Ultrazino or any owner of L1s,
Do you think L1s generates less heat around your ears, compared to Denon D2000 or Creative Aurvana Live!/Denon D1001? And overall, do they convey better realism and soundstage than Denons?
Also can anyone please compare L1s with V-MODA M80s/V80s, re sound, isolation and comfort.
I have V80s and like them, although I would appreciate better sound, isolation and comfort. My damped CAL almost work in every regard, however CALs do not look as pretty as V-MODA or Philips and they heat up my ears.
Thank you in advance!post #128 of 7442/20/12 at 10:52amThread Starter
Here's a deal no Swiss member should miss: http://www.microspot.ch/microspot/product/Kopfhoerer/0000584034/PHILIPS_Buegelkopfhoerer_HIFI_FIDELIO_L1/detail.jsf
The L1 for very cheap 172 CHF, 142 €, 188 $, 119 £, ...
If this is the street price we can expect after some time, then the opposition will have a really really hard time.post #129 of 7442/20/12 at 12:32pmpost #130 of 7442/20/12 at 1:21pm
This is my concern regarding L1, does it sound balanced/even in the midrange or is there hints of "nasal" sound due to slight bump around 2kHz? Does especially female vocals sound realistic, have the right tone?post #131 of 7442/20/12 at 2:52pm
^ Tyll talked about a similar peak his review of Philips Downtown headphones. IIRC he mentioned slight "nasal" hint, which he heard in music and found in measurements. But overall Tyll highly recommend those headphones. I guess I would not worry too much about that for portable use.post #132 of 7442/20/12 at 3:02pm
Zzffnn, my experience with international companies is if you contact them directly by phone or email most of them will offer some form of international shipping. iDews is one vendor I've contacted directly and they quoted me a price on the headphones and shipping in USD, and I know other members here have had similar success stories with other companies. I have no first hand experience with microspot, but that'd be the first thing I tried. And I agree, $188 seems a great price for how these are being described. I do hope we see a sub-$200 price point when they're more widely available in the US. As for now it seems we just have the MSRP through Apple.
As for a personal question, I know people have said that they sound clear when using the mic, but how do the other callers sound when coming through the headphones? I've had some in the past that were amazing for music but not great at all for conversations. My current go-to for a hands free is my HF3 when I'm out and about.post #133 of 7442/20/12 at 3:41pm
^ Thanks. Those Headfiers who have dealt with microspot.ch , please chime in. As long as the vendor and product are legitimate, I will go for it.
Is there any consumer protection / vendor review agency like US BBB (Best Business Bureau) in Switzerland? With US BBB, I always check on an online vendor before shopping.post #134 of 7442/20/12 at 4:13pm
I was between this and the a FA 011, I ended up going with the FA11 but really do not enjoy the headband at all. I absolutely love the sound though, I never got a chance to hear this philips model and want to hear it and compare it with the FA 011. If anyone has heard both and can comment, please let me know your thoughts on the two.post #135 of 7442/20/12 at 4:21pmQuote:Originally Posted by zzffnn
^ Tyll talked about a similar peak his review of Philips Downtown headphones. IIRC he mentioned slight "nasal" hint, which he heard in music and found in measurements. But overall Tyll highly recommend those headphones. I guess I would not worry too much about that for portable use.
Well that's the Downtowns which has a big peak around 1kHz, even bigger so than the 2kHz peak on L1, therefore I'm curious how L1 compares in this regard, if it's an "audible" issue or not for a person with more "trained" ears that can tell the difference.
On V-Moda Crossfade LP2s for example I find the uneven midrange really bothersome, sure the boost around 1kHz and peak at 3.5kHz makes the mids come more forward but since it's unevenly so especially the female vocals got a very nasal unnatural tone to it for me which I didn't enjoy, the LP2's have this response curve:
Edited by RPGWiZaRD - 2/20/12 at 4:27pm
- Review: Philips Fidelio L1 [Updated 5/14]
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Headphone Impedance
- › Ultrasone Signature DJ 56 seconds ago
- › Some questions about settings (sample rate, latency, etc.) for an... 1 minute ago
- › Enter for a chance to win Sennheiser MOMENTUM Headphones and even a... 1 minute ago
- › New Member Introductions thread 2 minutes ago
- › Feliks-Audio ELISE...(previously 6SN7 + 6AS7G/6080 prototype) 2 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser Momentum 2.0 and Wireless! 2 minutes ago
- › Four Choices for Closed Over-Ears Under $300 2 minutes ago
- › Using a SMSL M8 DAC with a Objective 2 amp 3 minutes ago
- › VE - A New and Impressive Earbuds Brand 3 minutes ago
- › Amp recommendation for 32ohm headphones 4 minutes ago
- › Harman Kardon AE1 In Ear Headphones by Army-Firedawg
- › RHA T20 by dweaver
- › Bluetooth receiver dual amplifier class1 NFC (black) [Japan Import] by peter123
- › FiiO E12 Mont Blanc by Mediahound
- › CEntrance HiFi-M8 by Mediahound
- › Bose QuietComfort 25 Headphones by Mediahound
- › Audeze LCD3 Planar Magnetic Headphone by Mediahound
- › beyerdynamic DT 770 Stereo Headphones by Meirelles
- › Sennheiser Momentum 2.0 by MacedonianHero
- › AudioQuest - Nighthawk Headphones by Mediahound
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3