- 10 Posts. Joined 1/2012
- Select All Posts By This User
Related Forum Threads
- Do you own various sound signatures or stick to one? Last post on 9/23/12 at 2:37am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Help me find an IEM <$250 Last post on 9/16/12 at 4:36am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Philips SHE3580 IEM review--how can something sound so good for $10??? Last post on 12/3/14 at 5:03am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Recabled ER4P Or monster cable Turbine pro copper? Last post on 4/13/11 at 8:19pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- ++ FULL-SIZE HEADPHONE RECOMMENDATIONS THREAD++ CLOSED: Please post a thread in the... Last post on 6/6/13 at 4:16am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And Information
Last edited: 5/7/10
- Basic Guide To In Ear CanalphonesLast edited: 3/22/12
The Awei Q9s are really bang for bucks! You can't go wrong with these! Unless you have tiny ears... Packaging: the packaging is standard. It brings the S/M/L tips and a shirt-clip. However, the...
I just got these in from Koss today and initial impressions are incredibly positive. These are Koss' second best headphone available that I have tried (DJ100, DJ200, PRO4AA, PRO4AAT, PRO4AAAT, and...
Comfort and build quality these would not look out of place at £600. Out of all the headphones I have tried these have the best overall sound which works with every type of music and overall sound...
Sony almost always delivers when it comes to good quality audio products and these headphones are a great example. These headphones fit quit well and have different size plugs depending on what...
This is a review for the Shure SE315's, first a little about myself I don't consider myself a hard core audiophile like most people on this site. I am 38 years old and I am just your everyday...
- Basic Guide To In Ear Canalphones
Replace beats studio with IEM
Gear mentioned in this thread:
People will tell you that with the Beats Studio as the bar to beat it will be easy...
Heck the $10 Philips SHE3580 probably has cleaner punchier bass than the Beats
Neither are the SHE3580 terrible headphones. People are comparing their stock sound to $100+ IEMs, and with a custom EQ for them I'm preferring them to the $200 Etymotic ER-4P. And deep headshaking subbass happens to be the SHE3580's forte. I have a hunch that would be important for the OP, coming from the Beats.
Actually I am finding the stock sound of the with-mic version SHH3580 to be even better, but its stock sound is not for bass lovers. One could EQ up the subbass to match the SHE3580's bass department, if the player is capable of it, since they probably share the same driver just with different voicing. It comes with mic and one-button remote, which could be handy with the iPhone.
Edited by Joe Bloggs - 1/22/12 at 4:26am
Might be worth looking at shure or some of the lower end westones.
I did once listen to the entire Beats range.. i didn't hate them, but i was really pretty unimpressed with the SQ/value aspect.
All Etymotics, including hf3 take a fair bit of tinkering to get a good seal but are brilliant once in place, which is the same with all IEM's, so be prepared to persevere if you do jump on in ear monitors! although if you arent dead set on IEM's you could take a look at Audio Technica M50's, which are pretty well loved around here. custom sleeves are one of the best, and cheapest (compared to other methods, anyhow) ways to increase overall SQ, albeit the highest increase in overall quality tends to be with treble, so id say getting a decent pair of in ear monitors with a custom fit sleeve are well worth it, especially over the beats :P
For what its worth, my Miracles sound excellent out of sources only slightly better than an iPhone. Custom IEMs were made to be used with iPods - they may scale with better amplification, but it isn't required for an wonderful experience.
JH-13 FAR surpass any version of beats available, but also cost about 3 times as much ;) most IEM's dont require amps. i do use an amp for when im going out and about but i guess i don't mind the size, its similar to carrying a seconnd iphone with you :P but generally amps are not mandatory.
decided i would make a list of possible IEM alternatives for you: etymotic hf3, shure se215/315, westone um1/um2, klipsch image s4, or ultimate ears Tf10 are all ones to look at. its all up to you ;) have fun looking if you do :P
I suggest the Monster Turbine. Most of the time you can get them from the Monster Outlet store for $50 and Amazon has them new for $88.
- Replace beats studio with IEM
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › iFi Audio "Mini" desktop line discussion thread 1 minute ago
- › Review of Audio Technica ATH-IM01, ATH-IM02, ATH-IM03, ATH-IM04,... 2 minutes ago
- › Shure SE846 Impressions Thread 2 minutes ago
- › The Best Bass Headphones are.. ( "The EXTREME BASS Club") 2 minutes ago
- › DIY Cable Questions and Comments Thread 2 minutes ago
- › New JH Audio flagship! "Siren Series Roxanne" 3 minutes ago
- › Little Dot I+ Tube Rolling 3 minutes ago
- › **Hifiman HE-400 Impressions and Discussion Thread** 3 minutes ago
- › EarWerkz, a new CIEM company, discussion thread 3 minutes ago
- › Music Game IX 4 minutes ago
- › AWEI ES-Q9 Super Bass Wooden Earphones Headphones Headsets Fiber... by Mellowship
- › Koss Pro4S Full Size Studio Headphones, Black with Silver Trim by Zombie_X
- › Shure SRH1540 Headphones by nicholars
- › Sony MDREX10LP/BLK In-Ear Headphones by originalgusbus
- › Shure Sound Isolating Earphone SE315 Hi-Definition Micro Speaker... by acain
- › Beyerdynamic DTX 102 iE In-Ear Headphones (Silver) by Zero Decibels
- › Hidizs AP100 Portable HiFi Audio Player in Black / Silver White by YoYo JoKeR
- › EarSonics SM3 Universal Fit IEM by heovuitinh
- › Koss KDX200 by vaziyetu
- › Brainwavz M5 by vaziyetu
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)