- 10 Posts. Joined 1/2012
- Select All Posts By This User
Related Forum Threads
- Do you own various sound signatures or stick to one? Last post on 9/23/12 at 2:37am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Help me find an IEM <$250 Last post on 9/16/12 at 4:36am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Philips SHE3580 IEM review--how can something sound so good for $10??? Last post on 3/7/14 at 1:22pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Recabled ER4P Or monster cable Turbine pro copper? Last post on 4/13/11 at 8:19pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- ++ FULL-SIZE HEADPHONE RECOMMENDATIONS THREAD++ CLOSED: Please post a thread in the... Last post on 6/6/13 at 4:16am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 2/4/14
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And InformationLast edited: 5/7/10
- Basic Guide To In Ear CanalphonesLast edited: 3/22/12
Summary: These headphones give an accurate picture of what the producers had in mind when they mixed their music because they have a well-balanced, present, but not over-powering bass. Songs...
My current set. My favorite and my private oasis. These beauties will cut out most if not all ambient noise like while driving in a car and household noise when the music is flowing. I became a fan...
I was asked to listen to the Musical Fidelity MF100 and received them about 4 weeks ago. I get quite a lot of headphones through my door, I only review the ones I like and I like these a lot. I...
Got the SE846 last week and did some hours of comparison with my current SE535. My bias was towards keeping them - I like flagship products as a "there is nothing better" products, i.e. do not...
So I finally broke my go to earbuds, and went searching for a replacement. I was actually so disappointed with these things that I made it a point to get out and put out a review. Bass continuously...
Replace beats studio with IEMpost #1 of 121/22/12 at 1:14amThread StarterI want to buy an IEM that has the same or better quality as my Beats studio without carrying around an amp for my iPhone, is it possible given the limitations of the iPhone?
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 121/22/12 at 3:48am
People will tell you that with the Beats Studio as the bar to beat it will be easy...
Heck the $10 Philips SHE3580 probably has cleaner punchier bass than the Beatspost #3 of 121/22/12 at 3:51ampost #4 of 121/22/12 at 4:07am
Neither are the SHE3580 terrible headphones. People are comparing their stock sound to $100+ IEMs, and with a custom EQ for them I'm preferring them to the $200 Etymotic ER-4P. And deep headshaking subbass happens to be the SHE3580's forte. I have a hunch that would be important for the OP, coming from the Beats.
Actually I am finding the stock sound of the with-mic version SHH3580 to be even better, but its stock sound is not for bass lovers. One could EQ up the subbass to match the SHE3580's bass department, if the player is capable of it, since they probably share the same driver just with different voicing. It comes with mic and one-button remote, which could be handy with the iPhone.
Edited by Joe Bloggs - 1/22/12 at 4:26ampost #5 of 121/22/12 at 4:08am
Might be worth looking at shure or some of the lower end westones.
I did once listen to the entire Beats range.. i didn't hate them, but i was really pretty unimpressed with the SQ/value aspect.post #6 of 121/22/12 at 4:23amThread Starterpost #7 of 121/22/12 at 4:36am
All Etymotics, including hf3 take a fair bit of tinkering to get a good seal but are brilliant once in place, which is the same with all IEM's, so be prepared to persevere if you do jump on in ear monitors! although if you arent dead set on IEM's you could take a look at Audio Technica M50's, which are pretty well loved around here. custom sleeves are one of the best, and cheapest (compared to other methods, anyhow) ways to increase overall SQ, albeit the highest increase in overall quality tends to be with treble, so id say getting a decent pair of in ear monitors with a custom fit sleeve are well worth it, especially over the beats :Ppost #8 of 121/22/12 at 4:37amThread StarterI also considered buying JH-13 or 16 but I saw people on the treads carrying around amps with them to take full advantage of the IEM but I don't Want to carry anything extra around, so I figured there is something Cheaper that can the iPhone can drive and sound atleast as good as my beats studiopost #9 of 121/22/12 at 4:45am
For what its worth, my Miracles sound excellent out of sources only slightly better than an iPhone. Custom IEMs were made to be used with iPods - they may scale with better amplification, but it isn't required for an wonderful experience.post #10 of 121/22/12 at 4:49ampost #11 of 121/22/12 at 4:50am
JH-13 FAR surpass any version of beats available, but also cost about 3 times as much ;) most IEM's dont require amps. i do use an amp for when im going out and about but i guess i don't mind the size, its similar to carrying a seconnd iphone with you :P but generally amps are not mandatory.
decided i would make a list of possible IEM alternatives for you: etymotic hf3, shure se215/315, westone um1/um2, klipsch image s4, or ultimate ears Tf10 are all ones to look at. its all up to you ;) have fun looking if you do :Ppost #12 of 121/22/12 at 5:55am
I suggest the Monster Turbine. Most of the time you can get them from the Monster Outlet store for $50 and Amazon has them new for $88.Return HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Replace beats studio with IEM
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And Information
- › What Are You Listening To Right Now? -New thread, new rules. Please... 11 seconds ago
- › Best Isolation Amongst Listed Headphones 1 minute ago
- › The EU deals thread! 1 minute ago
- › Seattle Spring Meet @ BottleHeadquarters April 26,2014 2 minutes ago
- › global sound 2 minutes ago
- › Warm Portable amp for Beyerdynamic DT770 250 Ohm 4 minutes ago
- › New Audeze LCD3 5 minutes ago
- › The discovery thread.! NEW Zero Audio Doppios! pg1197 !!.KEF... 5 minutes ago
- › Martin Logan Mikros 90 On-Ear Headphones 6 minutes ago
- › The Astell & Kern AK120 6 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD 25-1 II Professional Headphone by aeromaniac
- › Ultimate Ears 500 by echo1284
- › Musical Fidelity MF-100 High Quality On-Ear Headphones by astroid
- › Shure SE846 Sound Isolating™ Earphone by agistrilink
- › NCredible NErgy In-Ear Headphones by Monster® by tevbax
- › Audio-Technica ATH-M50x by De_klusjesman
- › Klipsch S3M-Blue-HP In-Ear Headphone, Blue by DaddyMojo
- › Unique Melody Mentor acrylic universal/custom by svyr
- › Fischer Audio TBA-04 IEM by exsomnis
- › Edifier H850 by ClieOS
- › The Best BASS Headphones ( a Head-Fi Wiki) by Hawaiibadboy
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by joe
- › Adjusting bias on Stax tube amplifiers by ardilla
- › Headphone Power Calculator Spreadsheet by robrob
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Introduction) by jude