- 10 Posts. Joined 1/2012
- Select All Posts By This User
Related Forum Threads
- Do you own various sound signatures or stick to one? Last post on 9/23/12 at 2:37am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Help me find an IEM <$250 Last post on 9/16/12 at 4:36am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Philips SHE3580 IEM review--how can something sound so good for $10??? Last post on 1/10/17 at 3:11am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Recabled ER4P Or monster cable Turbine pro copper? Last post on 4/13/11 at 8:19pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- ++ FULL-SIZE HEADPHONE RECOMMENDATIONS THREAD++ CLOSED: Please post a thread in the... Last post on 6/6/13 at 4:16am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 11/28/16
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And InformationLast edited: 6/22/16
- Basic Guide To In Ear CanalphonesLast edited: 3/22/12
Dynamic headphones by the primarily planar producing HiFiman, very good value(especially if you live in america). Detailed and strong treble, decent mids and midbass yet a little light on lower...
Confusingly, I think Sennheiser is rebranding the Momentum In-Ear (M2 IEi) headphones as HD 1 In-Ear – specifications and appearance are identical. I bought these when my Klipsch S4i started...
For larger views of any of the photos (1200 x 800) - please click on the individual imagesINTRODUCTIONEvery so often as a reviewer you get a surprise – something not quite expected. Sometimes its...
Hello, This is my first review on Head-Fi, or anywhere else for that matter. I will not go through the normal paces of creating a review based on the set pattern of product history, build and...
The detail, imaging, and sound-staging are accurate and bring your headphones the neutral platform they need in order to perform the way their engineers intended. The DAC is the high point of...
Replace beats studio with IEMpost #1 of 121/22/12 at 1:14amThread StarterI want to buy an IEM that has the same or better quality as my Beats studio without carrying around an amp for my iPhone, is it possible given the limitations of the iPhone?
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 121/22/12 at 3:48am
People will tell you that with the Beats Studio as the bar to beat it will be easy...
Heck the $10 Philips SHE3580 probably has cleaner punchier bass than the Beatspost #3 of 121/22/12 at 3:51ampost #4 of 121/22/12 at 4:07am
Neither are the SHE3580 terrible headphones. People are comparing their stock sound to $100+ IEMs, and with a custom EQ for them I'm preferring them to the $200 Etymotic ER-4P. And deep headshaking subbass happens to be the SHE3580's forte. I have a hunch that would be important for the OP, coming from the Beats.
Actually I am finding the stock sound of the with-mic version SHH3580 to be even better, but its stock sound is not for bass lovers. One could EQ up the subbass to match the SHE3580's bass department, if the player is capable of it, since they probably share the same driver just with different voicing. It comes with mic and one-button remote, which could be handy with the iPhone.
Edited by Joe Bloggs - 1/22/12 at 4:26ampost #5 of 121/22/12 at 4:08am
Might be worth looking at shure or some of the lower end westones.
I did once listen to the entire Beats range.. i didn't hate them, but i was really pretty unimpressed with the SQ/value aspect.post #6 of 121/22/12 at 4:23amThread Starterpost #7 of 121/22/12 at 4:36am
All Etymotics, including hf3 take a fair bit of tinkering to get a good seal but are brilliant once in place, which is the same with all IEM's, so be prepared to persevere if you do jump on in ear monitors! although if you arent dead set on IEM's you could take a look at Audio Technica M50's, which are pretty well loved around here. custom sleeves are one of the best, and cheapest (compared to other methods, anyhow) ways to increase overall SQ, albeit the highest increase in overall quality tends to be with treble, so id say getting a decent pair of in ear monitors with a custom fit sleeve are well worth it, especially over the beats :Ppost #8 of 121/22/12 at 4:37amThread StarterI also considered buying JH-13 or 16 but I saw people on the treads carrying around amps with them to take full advantage of the IEM but I don't Want to carry anything extra around, so I figured there is something Cheaper that can the iPhone can drive and sound atleast as good as my beats studiopost #9 of 121/22/12 at 4:45am
For what its worth, my Miracles sound excellent out of sources only slightly better than an iPhone. Custom IEMs were made to be used with iPods - they may scale with better amplification, but it isn't required for an wonderful experience.post #10 of 121/22/12 at 4:49ampost #11 of 121/22/12 at 4:50am
JH-13 FAR surpass any version of beats available, but also cost about 3 times as much ;) most IEM's dont require amps. i do use an amp for when im going out and about but i guess i don't mind the size, its similar to carrying a seconnd iphone with you :P but generally amps are not mandatory.
decided i would make a list of possible IEM alternatives for you: etymotic hf3, shure se215/315, westone um1/um2, klipsch image s4, or ultimate ears Tf10 are all ones to look at. its all up to you ;) have fun looking if you do :Ppost #12 of 121/22/12 at 5:55am
I suggest the Monster Turbine. Most of the time you can get them from the Monster Outlet store for $50 and Amazon has them new for $88.Return HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Replace beats studio with IEM
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And Information
- › Fiio X5 3rd gen || 2x AKM 4490 || Balanced Out || DSD || DXD | DTS... 1 minute ago
- › Focal Utopia (& a little Elear) impressions and discussion 1 minute ago
- › ADEL™ Drum Earbuds 1 minute ago
- › Earbuds Round-Up 4 minutes ago
- › Gustard X20pro DAC (ES9028Pro) 5 minutes ago
- › Trinity Audio Engineering - What the future holds 5 minutes ago
- › FiiO X7 | DXD | DSD | 384K/64B | ESS9018+ Android | WiFi |... 5 minutes ago
- › EMU Teak Gloss Massdrop Removable Cable Headphones 8 minutes ago
- › CanJam Singapore 2017 (March 11-12, 2017) 8 minutes ago
- › PSB Speakers M4U 4 --- Hybrid BA/Dynamic IEM 8 minutes ago
- › Massdrop x HIFIMAN HE350 by machielsste
- › Sennheiser Momentum In Ear (iOS version) - Black Chrome by HiWire
- › Fiio F1 Dynamic In-ear Monitors by Brooko
- › ENIGMAcoustics Dharma D1000 by geoffalter11
- › Emotiva Stealth DC-1 | Balanced 24/192 Fully Differential DAC by audiobean
- › Sennheiser HD 380 PRO Headphones by Dobrescu George
- › ADV.Sound EVO X by B9Scrambler
- › HiLisening MaGaosi Newest High end Detachable Design K3 In-Ear HiFi... by TwinACStacks
- › Sennheiser HD 650 Headphones by SOULSIK
- › Brainwavz B200 by earfonia
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear