- 10 Posts. Joined 1/2012
- Select All Posts By This User
Related Forum Threads
- Do you own various sound signatures or stick to one? Last post on 9/23/12 at 2:37am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Help me find an IEM <$250 Last post on 9/16/12 at 4:36am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Philips SHE3580 IEM review--how can something sound so good for $10??? Last post on 5/26/15 at 11:49pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Recabled ER4P Or monster cable Turbine pro copper? Last post on 4/13/11 at 8:19pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- ++ FULL-SIZE HEADPHONE RECOMMENDATIONS THREAD++ CLOSED: Please post a thread in the... Last post on 6/6/13 at 4:16am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And Information
Last edited: 5/7/10
- Basic Guide To In Ear CanalphonesLast edited: 3/22/12
I tried these from a shop, they did look very nice when first spotted. I wanted some nice speakers to use with my laptop, and that could be transported if I was going away for some time. The...
A company whose products give me endless enjoyment, they fulfill every need I personally look for in audio...
First off I want to apologize for taking so long to get this review put together. Circumstances and family responsibility have conspired against me this year in regards to being able put together a...
The Elecom LBT-PAR500AV was purchased by me on Ebay. I’m not in any way affiliated with Elecom. The price was about $50 when I bought it. About me: I’m a 42 year old music...
- Basic Guide To In Ear Canalphones
Replace beats studio with IEM
Gear mentioned in this thread:
People will tell you that with the Beats Studio as the bar to beat it will be easy...
Heck the $10 Philips SHE3580 probably has cleaner punchier bass than the Beats
Neither are the SHE3580 terrible headphones. People are comparing their stock sound to $100+ IEMs, and with a custom EQ for them I'm preferring them to the $200 Etymotic ER-4P. And deep headshaking subbass happens to be the SHE3580's forte. I have a hunch that would be important for the OP, coming from the Beats.
Actually I am finding the stock sound of the with-mic version SHH3580 to be even better, but its stock sound is not for bass lovers. One could EQ up the subbass to match the SHE3580's bass department, if the player is capable of it, since they probably share the same driver just with different voicing. It comes with mic and one-button remote, which could be handy with the iPhone.
Edited by Joe Bloggs - 1/22/12 at 4:26am
Might be worth looking at shure or some of the lower end westones.
I did once listen to the entire Beats range.. i didn't hate them, but i was really pretty unimpressed with the SQ/value aspect.
All Etymotics, including hf3 take a fair bit of tinkering to get a good seal but are brilliant once in place, which is the same with all IEM's, so be prepared to persevere if you do jump on in ear monitors! although if you arent dead set on IEM's you could take a look at Audio Technica M50's, which are pretty well loved around here. custom sleeves are one of the best, and cheapest (compared to other methods, anyhow) ways to increase overall SQ, albeit the highest increase in overall quality tends to be with treble, so id say getting a decent pair of in ear monitors with a custom fit sleeve are well worth it, especially over the beats :P
For what its worth, my Miracles sound excellent out of sources only slightly better than an iPhone. Custom IEMs were made to be used with iPods - they may scale with better amplification, but it isn't required for an wonderful experience.
JH-13 FAR surpass any version of beats available, but also cost about 3 times as much ;) most IEM's dont require amps. i do use an amp for when im going out and about but i guess i don't mind the size, its similar to carrying a seconnd iphone with you :P but generally amps are not mandatory.
decided i would make a list of possible IEM alternatives for you: etymotic hf3, shure se215/315, westone um1/um2, klipsch image s4, or ultimate ears Tf10 are all ones to look at. its all up to you ;) have fun looking if you do :P
I suggest the Monster Turbine. Most of the time you can get them from the Monster Outlet store for $50 and Amazon has them new for $88.
- Replace beats studio with IEM
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › Some questions about settings (sample rate, latency, etc.) for an... 18 seconds ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 18 seconds ago
- › Fostex HP-V8 Pure Vacuum Tube Headphone Amplifier Announced! 1 minute ago
- › New Audio-gd DAC-19 [10th Anniversary Edition] 1 minute ago
- › Xiaomi Pistons 3.0 Impressions Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Martin Logan Mikros 90 3 minutes ago
- › Four Choices for Closed Over-Ears Under $300 4 minutes ago
- › Three Word Story 5 minutes ago
- › Looking for a portable over - ear headphone 6 minutes ago
- › Philips Fidelio X2?! 6 minutes ago
- › Bose® Computer MusicMonitor® -- Silver by labrat
- › Harman Kardon AE1 In Ear Headphones by Army-Firedawg
- › RHA T20 by dweaver
- › Bluetooth receiver dual amplifier class1 NFC (black) [Japan Import] by peter123
- › FiiO E12 Mont Blanc by Mediahound
- › CEntrance HiFi-M8 by Mediahound
- › Bose QuietComfort 25 Headphones by Mediahound
- › Audeze LCD3 Planar Magnetic Headphone by Mediahound
- › beyerdynamic DT 770 Stereo Headphones by Meirelles
- › Sennheiser Momentum 2.0 by MacedonianHero
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3