Head-Fi.org › Forums › Misc.-Category Forums › Members' Lounge (General Discussion) › The diary entries of a little girl nearing 30!
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The diary entries of a little girl nearing 30! - Page 7  

post #91 of 15119

 

Ooh! Sharing tracks, are we? (Click to show)

 

 

 

Make sure to select HD! biggrin.gif

post #92 of 15119

I listen to Armada Music everyday.

post #93 of 15119

Quote:

Originally Posted by DigitalFreak View Post

Oh no.... I just came from a listening session with my EX600 being run through Marilyn. My audio in jack is starting to cut out causing channel imbalance in my IEM's. I hope its fixable I don't want to lose Marilyn.


Gotta confess, I thought you meant that Marilyn was suffering a chemical imbalance. And we all know how that ended. basshead.gif

 



Quote:
Originally Posted by a_recording View Post

Ahh, you want to be able to make essentially a custom sleeve. I went the full route of embedding the 252 right into the goop heh.


Yeah. I was going to use the Super.Fi 3 as matrixes to do the gooping on, so the result would be ready for the Triple.Fi 10 when it arrived. Not to mention basically have a pair of "custom" ear moulds to use for whatever comes my way.

 


 

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkinnyPuppy View Post

You people and your fancy IEMs. I spent all my money on my BRAND NEW COMPUTER.

 

Haha, I bought a BRAND NEW TV. That's what I've been spending part of today setting up. I don't even watch TV much, but it's got to be ready for the cable installer tomorrow.


 

Quote:
Originally Posted by i2ehan View Post

 

I'm rarely ever out. Work doesn't permit me to leave very often tongue.gif, hence majority of my listening is spent indoors, be it home or otherwise. wink.gif


Sigh. Yeah. Fortunately the music's good.

post #94 of 15119
Quote:
Originally Posted by ardgedee View Post

Quote:

 

Yeah. I was going to use the Super.Fi 3 as matrixes to do the gooping on, so the result would be ready for the Triple.Fi 10 when it arrived. Not to mention basically have a pair of "custom" ear moulds to use for whatever comes my way.

 

 

Haha, I bought a BRAND NEW TV. That's what I've been spending part of today setting up. I don't even watch TV much, but it's got to be ready for the cable installer tomorrow.

 



Well, it sounds like you have quite a lot on your plate. You got a home theatre system to go with that TV? :3

post #95 of 15119

Uh oh. I forgot.

post #96 of 15119
Quote:
Originally Posted by ardgedee View Post

Uh oh. I forgot.



D:

 

HOW COULD YOU FORGET THE SOUND? *weeps little unicorn tears*

 

Honestly most TV speakers drive me crazy with how badly they render dialogue. And with the trend for ridiculously thin televisions now it can only get worse. It actually leaves me to wonder how the Bose TV sounds heh.

post #97 of 15119
Quote:
Originally Posted by a_recording View Post



D:

 

HOW COULD YOU FORGET THE SOUND? *weeps little unicorn tears*

 

Honestly most TV speakers drive me crazy with how badly they render dialogue. And with the trend for ridiculously thin televisions now it can only get worse. It actually leaves me to wonder how the Bose TV sounds heh.


Maybe he got a Bang & Olufsen TV. tongue.gif

 

post #98 of 15119

Since we're watching videos: I'm not a big fan of dub whatever - I don't hate it, I'm just not paying attention to the genre - but I happened across this number by Spoek Mathambo last winter and it's been stuck in my head since. One of the few times I've preferred a cover of a Joy Division song to the original.

 

 

And oh yeah the video is brilliant.

post #99 of 15119
Quote:
Originally Posted by KevinWolf View Post


Maybe he got a Bang & Olufsen TV. tongue.gif

 



Heh. As much as I think B&O stuff is overpriced, their TV's are so intensely beautiful. I vow that one day I will buy a Beovision 8. Along with the monlithic Sony HX series on the tilted steel stand, I consider those to be pinnacles of industrial design. 

post #100 of 15119
Quote:
Originally Posted by ardgedee View Post

Since we're watching videos: I'm not a big fan of dub whatever - I don't hate it, I'm just not paying attention to the genre - but I happened across this number by Spoek Mathambo last winter and it's been stuck in my head since. One of the few times I've preferred a cover of a Joy Division song to the original.

 

 

And oh yeah the video is brilliant.


That video IS brilliant. I love the Talking Heads/ David Byrne kind of vibe he has got going, with some nicely disturbing overtones.

 

It's a great track as well. I wasn't aware that that was considered dub - something. Interesting.

 

post #101 of 15119

Quote:

Originally Posted by KevinWolf View Post

Maybe he got a Bang & Olufsen TV. tongue.gif


Maybe someday.

 

No, we simply got a good, sturdy, but not fancy 1080p unit from LG. I didn't totally ignore audio: currently there is a 3-piece computer speaker system plugged in. Which sounds pathetic by description and possibly in person, but it's a no-cost improvement over the built in speakers, so we're rolling with it for now. Except...

 

...the only audio outputs the TV offers are optical and a headphone jack. The headphone jack is noisy, so I plugged a spare DAC into the optical out. The sound is great (relative to the headphone jack and especially to the built-in speakers), but it is a line-source that I can't control from the TV, so the volume controls and mute are ignored. Walking up to the speakers just to control the volume is not going to make us happy, so I'll have to go back to the noisy headphone jack for now.

 

Since all I expect to watch are bicycle races, some hockey and the odd cooking show, this is usually a lower priority than music for me, but it's a high priority for my partner and things had to be in place for the cable installer tomorrow.

post #102 of 15119
Quote:
Originally Posted by ardgedee View Post

Quote:


Maybe someday.

 

No, we simply got a good, sturdy, but not fancy 1080p unit from LG. I didn't totally ignore audio: currently there is a 3-piece computer speaker system plugged in. Which sounds pathetic by description and possibly in person, but it's a no-cost improvement over the built in speakers, so we're rolling with it for now. Except...

 

...the only audio outputs the TV offers are optical and a headphone jack. The headphone jack is noisy, so I plugged a spare DAC into the optical out. The sound is great (relative to the headphone jack and especially to the built-in speakers), but it is a line-source that I can't control from the TV, so the volume controls and mute are ignored. Walking up to the speakers just to control the volume is not going to make us happy, so I'll have to go back to the noisy headphone jack for now.

 

Since all I expect to watch are bicycle races, some hockey and the odd cooking show, this is usually a lower priority than music for me, but it's a high priority for my partner and things had to be in place for the cable installer tomorrow.

 

I had that issue once. Having a separate volume control for the speakers is never fun, but then paying for a receiver is not fun either. You could find some sort of active speaker with a remote?

post #103 of 15119

I still use my TV speakers. I almost don't watch it, so there's no problem to keep it without a separate system. I still use cheap bookshelfs on my computer...

post #104 of 15119

Quote:

Originally Posted by a_recording View Post

It's a great track as well. I wasn't aware that that was considered dub - something. Interesting.


I have no idea, to be honest. In this case, I saw somebody refer to it as a dubstep offshoot and while it doesn't sound like dubstep to me I can see there might be a relationship. Like I said, though, this isn't a genre I follow, so I'm gonna defer to people who know. I'm always happy to learn.

post #105 of 15119

 

I just love this music.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
This thread is locked  
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Misc.-Category Forums › Members' Lounge (General Discussion) › The diary entries of a little girl nearing 30!