Also, is it weird that I want the vinyl more than I want the Amperiors from the latest Senn thingy they're doing? http://www.head-fi.org/t/612974/win-a-sennheiser-amperior-and-limited-edition-vinyls Even though I have no way to play said vinyl? (for now, to my dismay)
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- The IEM/Portable Headphones Deal Alerts Thread - Closed! Use the Deals Thread III instead. Last post on 11/13/13 at 11:26pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Looking for the right open design Last post on 9/30/12 at 9:16am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- ++ FULL-SIZE HEADPHONE RECOMMENDATIONS THREAD++ CLOSED: Please post a thread in the... Last post on 6/6/13 at 4:16am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- HD600 + Extended Bass + Larger Soundstage = ? Last post on 3/16/14 at 4:56am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Main unamped 'phone for a variety: Beyer DT 880, Grado 225, Grado 325, HiFiMan HE-400, or... Last post on 10/24/13 at 7:30pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
Last edited: 8/29/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))Last edited: 7/21/14
I am not sure how these got such rave reviews. As background I've used DBA02 Sony XBA3 prior to purchasing these. I was interested because of its double dynamic drivers. After receiving...
Disclaimer: I would like to sincerely thank Salsera and Brainwavz for providing the sample S5 for this review. For most of my audio listening “career”, I haven’t been a big fan of...
I remember browsing the ebay like many of you guys do to see what is out there in portable amplifier land and this one caught my attention because for one it looked very nice and second it...
Intro The HE-400i is the latest headphone from Hifiman. It was released recently as a replacement for the popular HE-400. This write-up will give my initial impressions of the HE-400i as well as...
There's not much that haven't been said about this amazing universal IEM so I'll try not to repeat. I bought the TG334 at Fujiya Avic...thanks to AnakChan for his strong recommendation and for...
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))
The diary entries of a little girl nearing 30! - Page 527
Gear mentioned in this thread:
I used to be a music elitist before. It's a embarrassing now but back then I was a prick to people who listened to mainstream music like the top 50 because I always dismissed them as mindless sound. Now, I have opened up quite a bit, sometimes a pop song would really so catchy and it's really meant to be taken light-heartedly, unlike a lot of metal I listen to. I admit I actually liked Payphone (except the rap part - no offense) and I recently became a fan of Avicii's work after hearing Levels and Fade into Darkness.
But I still think that present mainstream songs have been ever more mindless and silly compared to a couple of years ago's. I don't listen to the top 50 of now; just because I don't really like that there's almost no meaning in it and just there for the sake of being there and money (for the Big Fat Cats).
I'm trying to look back at yesteryear's songs that are truly magnificent that I never knew the names of but thoroughly liked it a lot. Sort of like a rediscovery.
I was reading the tumblr of one of my favorite Internet artists, and she posted a photo she took on the bus of this other girl's tragic mistake....
Can you imagine if your daughter came home with something like that? UGH. Also if I were the tattoo artist, I'd refuse to do it.
Apparently based on her "original drawing," which was copied [very poorly] from:
To be honest, I don't think I would mind it that much. I'd rather see a poorly drawn little anime girl on my daughters shoulders than something even worse. An old friend of mine had this on her neck:
That kind of tattoo I'd mind a bit more. Facial tattoos would probably be a bit upsetting as well.
They're both terrible TBH.
I mean, it's not a little tattoo... she's taking up the majority of that dopey girl's upper arm. Even a well drawn anime girl would be awkward, especially when you get to be middle aged and at the beach or working out at the gym; then when you're an elderly woman, suddenly that magical girl is all wrinkly and saggy. It's all the more awkward when it's so terribly drawn on top of it, obviously the result of a poor semi-trace attempt, the type of post pre-teens and teenagers make to DeviantArt with the disclaimer "MY OC!!! DO NOT STEAL!!!"
And while the other is lame too, at least with the tattoo of a molecule of an illicit substance not everyone is going to automatically spot the fail from a mile away lol.
As long as she's happy with it.
Some tattoo artists specialize in very well-done cover work. Hopefully by the time she's in her mid-20s, she'll be more into tribal designs...
- The diary entries of a little girl nearing 30!
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › The Takstar, Technical Pro, Gemini Greathon, CyberX, Qped Thread 4 seconds ago
- › TTPOD T1-E Impressions thread 36 seconds ago
- › post your grado mods.... 1 minute ago
- › The discovery thread.! NEW sfwalcer's earphone comparo PG 1727.... 1 minute ago
- › Jitter Correlation to Audibility 2 minutes ago
- › S5 Review by EricP 3 minutes ago
- › Official NYC Metro Area "Headphonatics Anonymous" Fall Meet -... 3 minutes ago
- › DAC/AMP need to be capable of the same frequency response as... 3 minutes ago
- › Senn HD650 paired up with iFi Micro iDSD 3 minutes ago
- › Brand Spanking New A&K AK120II and AK100II 6 minutes ago
- › Havi B3 Pro 1 by xsuper
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by HK_sends
- › Cayin C5 Portable HIFI Audio Headphone Amplifier by Dsnuts
- › HiFiMAN HE-400i by canuckavelli
- › FitEar TO GO! 334 by Francisk
- › Logitech UE 900 by twister6
- › Resonessence Labs Concero HP by cleg
- › JDS Labs C5D by TheGame21x
- › FiiO X1 Ultraportable Hi-Res DAP by twister6
- › Shure SE215 by Existence
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)