Also, is it weird that I want the vinyl more than I want the Amperiors from the latest Senn thingy they're doing? http://www.head-fi.org/t/612974/win-a-sennheiser-amperior-and-limited-edition-vinyls Even though I have no way to play said vinyl? (for now, to my dismay)
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- The IEM/Portable Headphones Deal Alerts Thread - No affiliate links permitted! Last post on Yesterday at 4:18 pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Looking for the right open design Last post on 9/30/12 at 9:16am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- ++ FULL-SIZE HEADPHONE RECOMMENDATIONS THREAD++ i.e. Don't start a new thread: ask for... Last post on Today at 3:02 am in Headphones (full-size)
- Grado sr325is and AKG K550 comparison? Last post on 12/24/12 at 10:54pm in Headphones (full-size)
- With $700, what should I buy? Last post on 1/25/13 at 10:18pm in Headphones (full-size)
2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Portable Devices)
Edited on 12/28/12
- 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Summit-Fi)Edited on 12/28/12
- 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Over-Ear)Edited on 5/13/13
Related Head Gear
Introduction I’m a basshead. I say that loudly and proudly, even though some folks believe basshead and audiophile are mutually exclusive. Obviously, I’m not in that camp. But sometimes, I...
I read reviews on this and I said let me try this out, for $10 I couldn't lose. This surpassed all of expectations for a $10 IEM. I am going to purchase a set for my wife, she was also blown...
Fanmusic is a distributor and a brand of Chinese audio-equipment which also has an eBay store. I was contacted by Tony, their manager a while ago and he informed me that they were working...
Very nice amp for mid-fiers to entry high-fiers. The sound quality and specs are very good for the price. Works very well with Jazz and Classical music in particular (not that rock and...
My pair was a supposed demo model from one of Hifiman's retailers. They came in mint condition, which is lucky for me. I'm not using a balanced cable yet, but I already feel it's a good upgrade...
The diary entries of a little girl nearing 30! - Page 527post #7891 of 151206/11/12 at 6:30am
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #7892 of 151206/11/12 at 6:32amQuote:
I used to be a music elitist before. It's a embarrassing now but back then I was a prick to people who listened to mainstream music like the top 50 because I always dismissed them as mindless sound. Now, I have opened up quite a bit, sometimes a pop song would really so catchy and it's really meant to be taken light-heartedly, unlike a lot of metal I listen to. I admit I actually liked Payphone (except the rap part - no offense) and I recently became a fan of Avicii's work after hearing Levels and Fade into Darkness.post #7893 of 151206/11/12 at 6:37am
But I still think that present mainstream songs have been ever more mindless and silly compared to a couple of years ago's. I don't listen to the top 50 of now; just because I don't really like that there's almost no meaning in it and just there for the sake of being there and money (for the Big Fat Cats).
I'm trying to look back at yesteryear's songs that are truly magnificent that I never knew the names of but thoroughly liked it a lot. Sort of like a rediscovery.post #7894 of 151206/11/12 at 8:20amThread Starter
I was reading the tumblr of one of my favorite Internet artists, and she posted a photo she took on the bus of this other girl's tragic mistake....
Can you imagine if your daughter came home with something like that? UGH. Also if I were the tattoo artist, I'd refuse to do it.
Apparently based on her "original drawing," which was copied [very poorly] from:post #7895 of 151206/11/12 at 8:33ampost #7897 of 151206/11/12 at 8:42amThread Starterpost #7898 of 151206/11/12 at 8:44amQuote:
To be honest, I don't think I would mind it that much. I'd rather see a poorly drawn little anime girl on my daughters shoulders than something even worse. An old friend of mine had this on her neck:
That kind of tattoo I'd mind a bit more. Facial tattoos would probably be a bit upsetting as well.post #7900 of 151206/11/12 at 9:00ampost #7901 of 151206/11/12 at 9:03amThread Starter
They're both terrible TBH.
I mean, it's not a little tattoo... she's taking up the majority of that dopey girl's upper arm. Even a well drawn anime girl would be awkward, especially when you get to be middle aged and at the beach or working out at the gym; then when you're an elderly woman, suddenly that magical girl is all wrinkly and saggy. It's all the more awkward when it's so terribly drawn on top of it, obviously the result of a poor semi-trace attempt, the type of post pre-teens and teenagers make to DeviantArt with the disclaimer "MY OC!!! DO NOT STEAL!!!"
And while the other is lame too, at least with the tattoo of a molecule of an illicit substance not everyone is going to automatically spot the fail from a mile away lol.post #7902 of 151206/11/12 at 9:03ampost #7903 of 151206/11/12 at 9:05amThread Starterpost #7905 of 151206/11/12 at 9:28amQuote:
As long as she's happy with it.
Some tattoo artists specialize in very well-done cover work. Hopefully by the time she's in her mid-20s, she'll be more into tribal designs...
This thread is locked
- The diary entries of a little girl nearing 30!
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Summit-Fi)
- › The AKG K550 Appreciation/Discussion Thread! 2 minutes ago
- › HifiMAN HE-6 Planar Magnetic Headphone 2 minutes ago
- › PC Enthusiast-Fi (PC Gaming/Parts/Overclocking) 3 minutes ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 3 minutes ago
- › DX50 a new smaller DAP coming from iBasso. . .Specifications page... 6 minutes ago
- › Two Germans for HD800? 8 minutes ago
- › Show us your Head-Fi station at it's current state. No old... 9 minutes ago
- › The discovery thread.! NEW Jant71's take on the new ATH-CLR100 Pg... 9 minutes ago
- › What is the best portable headphone for me? 12 minutes ago
- › Low-Price Audiophile Headphones 12 minutes ago
- › AUDIO TECHNICA ATH PRO700 mk2 by TheGame21x
- › Monoprice 8320 IEM by Taharqa
- › Fanmusic MS-E1011 by ItsMeHere
- › Audio-gd NFB-5 by citadel
- › HE-5LE by JamesHuntington
- › Kozee Sound Solutions Infinity X2 by Insight Reviews
- › JVC HA M750 by tinamou62
- › Aurisonics ASG-2 by eke2k6
- › Sennheiser HD-558 by Tr1ckster
- › Go-Dap DD Socket1 (DD/DA Converter) for iPhone & iPod... by AnakChan
- › Syncing music and making playlists work with... by Currawong
- › Mac OS X Music Players - alternatives to iTunes by miceblue
- › STAX SR-007 (Omega II) ... A Review After 4... by Currawong
- › List of lossless and high-res music (FLAC,... by ffivaz
- › Beware of the following scams and people... by Currawong
- › Sennheiser 449 Mod Possibly 4 8 Mod by hernan604
- › 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Computer Audio) by joe
- › 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Portable... by joe
- › 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Desktop Audio) by joe
- › 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Headphone... by joe