Head-Fi.org › Forums › Misc.-Category Forums › Members' Lounge (General Discussion) › The diary entries of a little girl nearing 30!
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The diary entries of a little girl nearing 30! - Page 406  

post #6076 of 15119
Quote:
Originally Posted by koonhua90 View Post

I would love to get SSDs, but I don't feel like going through the pain of reinstalling my OS onto the SSD. 
Why not just clone your disk to SSD?
post #6077 of 15119
Thread Starter 

In other news:

 

After being in the same relationship for almost six years, suddenly being single again feels really weird.

post #6078 of 15119
Quote:
Originally Posted by MuppetFace View Post

In other news:

 

After being in the same relationship for almost six years, suddenly being single again feels really weird.

 

D:

post #6079 of 15119
Quote:
Originally Posted by MuppetFace View Post

In other news:

 

After being in the same relationship for almost six years, suddenly being single again feels really weird.

 

I don't know whether to say 'sorry' or not. I don't know what you think of professional fighters, but sometimes they say things that makes sense: "Sometimes you win and it's all good, but sometimes you need to lose to progress to that next level..". I think it suits well to life in general; sometimes you need to get through some rougher patches in order to get to that next "level". I know it's pretty clichée, however, it's probably the most useful I can offer at this moment.

 

In case you want to talk about it to a complete stranger, I am here. Sometimes it helps to do that. When we (me and my wife) were about to get a divorce when we were going some rough times - I talked about it to some transatlantic fellow, and it helped to clear my thoughts a bit.

 

Oh well, take care of yourself. I know it can be rough, but it can also present some unique opportunities in life; I think the moment when I was about to go 'single' was also the moment when I started seeing all these career changing opportunities and ways to improve my life. Luckily we didn't get a divorce and we're a happy couple, and as for those life-improving ideas - they're still there.

post #6080 of 15119
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coq de Combat View Post

 

I don't know whether to say 'sorry' or not. I don't know what you think of professional fighters, but sometimes they say things that makes sense: "Sometimes you win and it's all good, but sometimes you need to lose to progress to that next level..". I think it suits well to life in general; sometimes you need to get through some rougher patches in order to get to that next "level". I know it's pretty clichée, however, it's probably the most useful I can offer at this moment.

 

In case you want to talk about it to a complete stranger, I am here. Sometimes it helps to do that. When we (me and my wife) were about to get a divorce when we were going some rough times - I talked about it to some transatlantic fellow, and it helped to clear my thoughts a bit.

 

Oh well, take care of yourself. I know it can be rough, but it can also present some unique opportunities in life; I think the moment when I was about to go 'single' was also the moment when I started seeing all these career changing opportunities and ways to improve my life. Luckily we didn't get a divorce and we're a happy couple, and as for those life-improving ideas - they're still there.

 

Thanks for the words of encouragement, I appreciate it.

 

I wont bore everyone with the details, but I will say that things had been building up for quite a while, and in a way it's a tremendous relief to be able to openly acknowledge things and subsequently confront them. Sometimes it's best to struggle and try to work through these things, to attempt to mend and patch things up to the best of one's ability. On the other hand, sometimes it's more harmful than beneficial. Sometimes we need to simply move onward and forward. I think it's best for both of us in the long run.

post #6081 of 15119
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coq de Combat View Post

 

I don't know whether to say 'sorry' or not. I don't know what you think of professional fighters, but sometimes they say things that makes sense: "Sometimes you win and it's all good, but sometimes you need to lose to progress to that next level..". I think it suits well to life in general; sometimes you need to get through some rougher patches in order to get to that next "level". 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by MuppetFace View Post

 On the other hand, sometimes it's more harmful than beneficial. Sometimes we need to simply move onward and forward. I think it's best for both of us in the long run.

 

Well, its funny coming off the discussion from Catherine, but as you said its hard to say how things will things will work out. As long as you can make decisions that you feel good about, thats the best we can usually do.

 

On a somewhat related note, you might find this podcast episode about quitting interesting, and the economic idea of 'sunk costs'. I don't mean to trivialise what just happened to a quit / don't quit situation, but its an interesting perspective on how people commit and invest in things for a long time.

 

http://www.freakonomics.com/2011/09/30/new-freakonomics-radio-podcast-the-upside-of-quitting/

post #6082 of 15119
Thanks for your update, I will be installing jriver to give it a try (after my return home) , which leads me to ask, is the asio plugin built in or I have to download it separately?
Yes I find asio in mediamonkey buggy and it stalls while starting eventhough I got an ssd, compared to xmplay.
post #6083 of 15119
Quote:
Originally Posted by MuppetFace View Post

In other news:

 

After being in the same relationship for almost six years, suddenly being single again feels really weird.


: (
post #6084 of 15119

I'm browsing the Sony website to see if the MA900 is available in Australia yet and I come across these:

 

290795.jpeg

 

MDR-V55. They are DJ headphones. The white looks fun, like the white Pro700's! I wonder if there is any relationship... 

post #6085 of 15119
Quote:
Originally Posted by a_recording View Post

There is a lot of pseudoscience in the T50RP thread.

 

I think that it's just a lot of people have no idea what they're actually doing.  They don't understand anything about the basic physics or acoustic involved, try to follow someone's pattern, screw it up because they don't understand what's important or why, and then complain about the T50RPs sucking, blame everyone in the tread for misleading them, or say that they all have tin ears.

 

I'm hardly an expert on anything but trial and error along with a wide but shallow breadth of knowledge will go a long way.

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coq de Combat View Post

This is interesting. How big a difference would this do to headphones though? Could this perhaps become a gimmick for some company?

 

"Beats by Stradivarius - elegant to perfection"

 

If you're going for a fun, colored, fun, or romantic sound then the wood can make a difference but in general transducers aren't instruments and you usually want to construct the housing in a way that has the least influence on the sound.

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by MuppetFace View Post

After being in the same relationship for almost six years, suddenly being single again feels really weird.

 

frown.gif

 

Like you said, it's probably better in the long run but that's always the kind of thing that makes me wish it would all magically work out and everyone could live happily ever after, fairy tale like.

 


 

Why am I lusting after another portable on ear after I sold my 1350s...

 

ESW9 vs M-80 vs ???

 

Any opinions?

post #6086 of 15119
Quote:
Originally Posted by MuppetFace View Post

 

 Sometimes we need to simply move onward and forward. I think it's best for both of us in the long run.

Absolutely. I also think that what a_recording said about choosing what's best for you, rings true. In the end, it's your life; live it like you want to live it.

post #6087 of 15119
Quote:
Originally Posted by a_recording View Post

MDR-V55. They are DJ headphones. The white looks fun, like the white Pro700's! I wonder if there is any relationship... 

 

Isn't there some other DJ 'phone from another company that's really just a rebadged AT or am I thinking of another company...

post #6088 of 15119
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by maverickronin View Post

 

Why am I lusting after another portable on ear after I sold my 1350s...

 

ESW9 vs M-80 vs ???

 

Any opinions?

 

 

They seem to be somewhat controversial right now, but I really like the Focal Spirit One.

post #6089 of 15119

h8oC1.jpg

 

So I just cleaned up my desktop. 

post #6090 of 15119
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coq de Combat View Post

h8oC1.jpg

 

So I just cleaned up my desktop. 

I must have that wallpaper. Where do I find it?

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
This thread is locked  
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Misc.-Category Forums › Members' Lounge (General Discussion) › The diary entries of a little girl nearing 30!