Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- The IEM/Portable Headphones Deal Alerts Thread - Closed! Use the Deals Thread III instead. Last post on 11/13/13 at 11:26pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Looking for the right open design Last post on 9/30/12 at 9:16am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- ++ FULL-SIZE HEADPHONE RECOMMENDATIONS THREAD++ CLOSED: Please post a thread in the... Last post on 6/6/13 at 4:16am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- HD600 + Extended Bass + Larger Soundstage = ? Last post on 3/16/14 at 4:56am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Main unamped 'phone for a variety: Beyer DT 880, Grado 225, Grado 325, HiFiMan HE-400, or... Last post on 10/24/13 at 7:30pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 2/5/14
- 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))Last edited: 12/20/13
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones...Last edited: 8/2/13
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs...Last edited: 7/26/13
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)Last edited: 8/19/13
First I’d like to thank HiFiMAN for sending me their new HM-700 DAP and RE-400B (balanced version of the RE-400) bundle for me to review. I have always wondered about the balanced players that...
Foreword Chinese/HK headphone manufacturer Astrotec is known for its value-priced products (beginning with their lauded AM90), and they've stuck to their guns by pricing the AX35 (and its near...
When I bought these headphones about 2 months ago, I didn't expect much and I bought them without trying them out. It was an impulse buy to be honest, they were on a considerable discount and I...
I have had these now for a few months. I heard they had a very bass orientated sound but not so much that it ruins everything else. When i first purchased these i was a bit confused as to why they...
I bought a pair of HM5s about 6 months ago. They give you absolutely great sound for under $150 but I ran into a big problem. Both sides where the slider connects to the headphones started to...
The diary entries of a little girl nearing 30! - Page 1007
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #15092 of 151199/11/12 at 3:57amQuote:
Depending on the way you interpret fantasy roleplaying, yes, they are.
Dear diary: Coffee!Quote:Originally Posted by Coq de Combat
A_recording, out of those furries you've met and known, has there been any every-day anxiety or depression behind it all? I can imagine a reason to want to use a furry costume being that you'd like to escape reality. To just be someone, or something, else for a moment.
I can't answer that question, but there are American Splendor-type lower middle class social realism furry comics: Instead of having wacky adventures, the characters (some of them Mary Sues) are clockpunching Joes who have beers after work and watch TV at night. I'm not sure what the artist and audience get from these comics as a distinct subgenre (and I just spent a few minutes considering that), but it's a thing.post #15093 of 151199/11/12 at 4:00amQuote:Originally Posted by ardgedee
I can't answer that question, but there are American Splendor-type lower middle class social realism furry comics: Instead of having wacky adventures, the characters (some of them Mary Sues) are clockpunching Joes who have beers after work and watch TV at night. I'm not sure what the artist and audience get from these comics as a distinct subgenre (and I just spent a few minutes considering that), but it's a thing.
Please, please, please refer me to these lol. They sound amazing.post #15094 of 151199/11/12 at 4:16ampost #15095 of 151199/11/12 at 4:22ampost #15096 of 151199/11/12 at 4:30am
Probably worth keeping in mind that at the time (late 80s, early 90s), American Splendor was a huge influence on comics generally, instigating a massive flood of biographical and confessional comics. This extended into the furry subcultures too, I guess.post #15097 of 151199/11/12 at 4:36ampost #15098 of 151199/11/12 at 4:40am
Well, I'll see if I can find anything. Thanks for that. I'm a sucker for the hyper mundane and psuedo observational. (Hence why I love Talking Heads!)
That image is also way too small to make out the dialogue. :(post #15099 of 151199/11/12 at 4:57amQuote:
Right click the image, and open it in a new tab. There you should be able to zoom in/out to your heart's content.post #15100 of 151199/11/12 at 4:58ampost #15101 of 151199/11/12 at 5:03am
This is hilarious! There are fake reviews on Amazon for Audioquest's $14,000 speaker cable. I haven't laughed this much in a while:post #15102 of 151199/11/12 at 5:18ampost #15103 of 151199/11/12 at 5:20amQuote:Quote:
Or click the "Ty Templeton" at the bottom of the post. I always link my sources.post #15104 of 151199/11/12 at 5:27amQuote:"There's a glitch -- My husband bought a box of these for me. I was SO excited that, finally, I would be able to write after watching him do it for all these years. My excitement turned to tears when I realized that they do not come with paper-for-her. Please, BIC, consider making some feminine paper products so I can use my new pens."post #15105 of 151199/11/12 at 5:42amThread Starter
I'm fascinated by some of the stereotypes that arise within fandoms. Since we're talking about furries, I'm reminded of a conversation I had wherein the subject fell on their twin sister fandom, scalies (ie. reptiles). I was a bit surprised when this person told me that he believed the ratio of females was higher among scalies compared to furries. One of the stereotypes of the furry community is apparently that the largest demographic consists of gay males.
Also when talking to this person, the subject of fursonas came up, and then dragons specifically. He looks at me with a completely serious expression, "Oh yeah. Most dragons are... damaged."
"Yeah. Like, bipolar or personality disorders and stuff. For some reason they all wanna be dragons."
*shows me the wiki entry on "Tumbles The Stair-Dragon" who tried to cut himself with a blunt sunglass lens and proceeded to fling himself down a flight of stairs at a furry convention*
"Wait... it says that people gave him this fursona after the fact. His actual fursona was a wolf?"
"Oh... yeah. That's right. People started drawing him as a dragon. Because he was crazy, and people know dragons are crazy."
This thread is locked
- The diary entries of a little girl nearing 30!
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))
- › Westone Range Signatures 48 seconds ago
- › PS1000 Appreciation Thread 50 seconds ago
- › Dutch Headphone Meet 2014 (Germans & Belgians welcome!) 2 minutes ago
- › Looking for Portable Amp !!! 2 minutes ago
- › Help with picking out a pre-amp for Astro Mixamp 3 minutes ago
- › Ranking of 21 DACs and DAC Configurations (and why chocolate ice... 3 minutes ago
- › Grado PS500s (new Grado's) 3 minutes ago
- › Best classical recordings...ever! 3 minutes ago
- › Custom IEM similar AD700 3 minutes ago
- › New Audeze LCD3 4 minutes ago
- › HifiMan Electronics HM-700 DAC with RE-400b Balanced In-Ear... by lin0003
- › Astrotec AX35 by tomscy2000
- › Denon AH-D600 by derbigpr
- › AUDIO TECHNICA ATH PRO700 mk2 by Morph91
- › BRAINWAVZ HM5 Studio Monitor Headphones by JamesSitter
- › Burson Audio - The Conductor - Reference Class DAC / Headphone Amp... by ag8908
- › SOL Republic Tracks HD by xkonfuzed
- › Sennheiser MOMENTUM On-Ear Headphone by TripBitShooter
- › Sennheiser PX 360 Collapsible Wired Headphone with Clear Natural... by TripBitShooter
- › Westone 4R with Removable Cables by squallkiercosa
- › Westone latest universal iem flagship was the... by majedelamine
- › How to find the Tokyo e-earphone shop by Currawong
- › The Best BASS Headphones ( a Head-Fi Wiki) by Hawaiibadboy
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by joe
- › Adjusting bias on Stax tube amplifiers by ardilla
- › Headphone Power Calculator Spreadsheet by robrob
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob