Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- The IEM/Portable Headphones Deal Alerts Thread - Closed! Use the Deals Thread III instead. Last post on 11/13/13 at 11:26pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Looking for the right open design Last post on 9/30/12 at 9:16am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- ++ FULL-SIZE HEADPHONE RECOMMENDATIONS THREAD++ CLOSED: Please post a thread in the... Last post on 6/6/13 at 4:16am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- HD600 + Extended Bass + Larger Soundstage = ? Last post on 10/24/14 at 4:33am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- How many hours a week (on avg) do you listen to your full-size headphones? Last post on 7/18/13 at 10:47am in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
Last edited: 12/5/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))Last edited: 12/8/14
- Headphone Buying GuideLast edited: 3/21/15
The Audeze LCD 2.2 is one of the most popular headphones on Head-Fi. Much has already been written about them, so adding yet another review may not offer anything new or different. However, when...
Me: I am a 21 year old student living in a small town in India. I would like to call myself a music enthusiast, rather than an audiophile. I was inspired by music since childhood, and as the time...
Before I start my review, I would like to Thank Sennheiser US for providing me with a review sample in exchange for my honest opinion. While waiting to receive my review unit of recently...
What's In The Box? The cardboard box itself is a cute little deal, with the Noble logo and the Wizard's signature. On the top left, the model and serial number are handwritten (apparently I'm the...
SUPERLUX HD 669 Review & comparison with HD 681-EVO. Take what I say with a grain of salt, I have not experienced many headphones and I've only had the 669 for a fairly brief amount of time....
The diary entries of a little girl nearing 30! - Page 1007
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #15092 of 151199/11/12 at 3:57amQuote:
Depending on the way you interpret fantasy roleplaying, yes, they are.
Dear diary: Coffee!Quote:Originally Posted by Coq de Combat
A_recording, out of those furries you've met and known, has there been any every-day anxiety or depression behind it all? I can imagine a reason to want to use a furry costume being that you'd like to escape reality. To just be someone, or something, else for a moment.
I can't answer that question, but there are American Splendor-type lower middle class social realism furry comics: Instead of having wacky adventures, the characters (some of them Mary Sues) are clockpunching Joes who have beers after work and watch TV at night. I'm not sure what the artist and audience get from these comics as a distinct subgenre (and I just spent a few minutes considering that), but it's a thing.post #15093 of 151199/11/12 at 4:00amQuote:Originally Posted by ardgedee
I can't answer that question, but there are American Splendor-type lower middle class social realism furry comics: Instead of having wacky adventures, the characters (some of them Mary Sues) are clockpunching Joes who have beers after work and watch TV at night. I'm not sure what the artist and audience get from these comics as a distinct subgenre (and I just spent a few minutes considering that), but it's a thing.
Please, please, please refer me to these lol. They sound amazing.post #15094 of 151199/11/12 at 4:16ampost #15095 of 151199/11/12 at 4:22ampost #15096 of 151199/11/12 at 4:30am
Probably worth keeping in mind that at the time (late 80s, early 90s), American Splendor was a huge influence on comics generally, instigating a massive flood of biographical and confessional comics. This extended into the furry subcultures too, I guess.post #15097 of 151199/11/12 at 4:36ampost #15098 of 151199/11/12 at 4:40am
Well, I'll see if I can find anything. Thanks for that. I'm a sucker for the hyper mundane and psuedo observational. (Hence why I love Talking Heads!)
That image is also way too small to make out the dialogue. :(post #15099 of 151199/11/12 at 4:57amQuote:
Right click the image, and open it in a new tab. There you should be able to zoom in/out to your heart's content.post #15100 of 151199/11/12 at 4:58ampost #15101 of 151199/11/12 at 5:03am
This is hilarious! There are fake reviews on Amazon for Audioquest's $14,000 speaker cable. I haven't laughed this much in a while:post #15102 of 151199/11/12 at 5:18ampost #15103 of 151199/11/12 at 5:20amQuote:Quote:
Or click the "Ty Templeton" at the bottom of the post. I always link my sources.post #15104 of 151199/11/12 at 5:27amQuote:"There's a glitch -- My husband bought a box of these for me. I was SO excited that, finally, I would be able to write after watching him do it for all these years. My excitement turned to tears when I realized that they do not come with paper-for-her. Please, BIC, consider making some feminine paper products so I can use my new pens."post #15105 of 151199/11/12 at 5:42amThread Starter
I'm fascinated by some of the stereotypes that arise within fandoms. Since we're talking about furries, I'm reminded of a conversation I had wherein the subject fell on their twin sister fandom, scalies (ie. reptiles). I was a bit surprised when this person told me that he believed the ratio of females was higher among scalies compared to furries. One of the stereotypes of the furry community is apparently that the largest demographic consists of gay males.
Also when talking to this person, the subject of fursonas came up, and then dragons specifically. He looks at me with a completely serious expression, "Oh yeah. Most dragons are... damaged."
"Yeah. Like, bipolar or personality disorders and stuff. For some reason they all wanna be dragons."
*shows me the wiki entry on "Tumbles The Stair-Dragon" who tried to cut himself with a blunt sunglass lens and proceeded to fling himself down a flight of stairs at a furry convention*
"Wait... it says that people gave him this fursona after the fact. His actual fursona was a wolf?"
"Oh... yeah. That's right. People started drawing him as a dragon. Because he was crazy, and people know dragons are crazy."
This thread is locked
- The diary entries of a little girl nearing 30!
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))
- › Arizona Head-Fi Meet Summer 2015 1 minute ago
- › Unique Melody Miracle Review & Impressions Thread 3 minutes ago
- › iFi iDSD Micro DSD512 / PCM768 DAC and Headphone Amp. Impressions,... 3 minutes ago
- › Audeze EL-8: The EL-8 is a must-hear at CES 2015 3 minutes ago
- › What does "organic" mean? (with respect to headphone sound signatures) 3 minutes ago
- › The Fiio X5 Thread 5 minutes ago
- › Meier Audio Quickstep (also Stepdance and 2Stepdance) Discussion... 6 minutes ago
- › Nuforce HA-200: High performance, Single Ended, Class-A Headphone... 9 minutes ago
- › Sony's new flagship 2014 - MDR-Z7 9 minutes ago
- › MrSpeakers Ether Impressions Thread 9 minutes ago
- › Audeze LCD2 Planar Magnetic Headphones by hodgjy
- › Shanling M3 Portable Digital Audio Player by YoYo JoKeR
- › Sennheiser Momentum Wireless Over Ear Headphones in Black M2AEBT by twister6
- › Noble 4 by Kuroneko Guy
- › Superlux HD669 by Philliphobia
- › iFi iCAN headphone amplifier by blankdisc
- › HiFiMAN HE-400i by JohnPham
- › Chord&Major Major6'13 "Ballad" by kalbee
- › Audio Technica ATH-M2X Mid-size open-back headphones by ahnvx
- › xDuoo X2 by getclikinagas
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2