Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- The IEM/Portable Headphones Deal Alerts Thread - Closed! Use the Deals Thread III instead. Last post on 11/13/13 at 11:26pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Looking for the right open design Last post on 9/30/12 at 9:16am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- ++ FULL-SIZE HEADPHONE RECOMMENDATIONS THREAD++ CLOSED: Please post a thread in the... Last post on 6/6/13 at 4:16am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- HD600 + Extended Bass + Larger Soundstage = ? Last post on 10/24/14 at 4:33am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- How many hours a week (on avg) do you listen to your full-size headphones? Last post on 7/18/13 at 10:47am in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
Last edited: 12/5/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))Last edited: 12/8/14
- Headphone Buying GuideLast edited: Yesterday
Disclaimer: I was given the MEElectronics M9 Classic in return for a review. The opinions expressed in this review are 100% my own, and were not influenced by MEElectronics in any way. Before I...
AK120II and Pono player combined review
EarTech Music have you ever heard of them or Ear Technology Corporation well me neither. This review is for EarTech Music Dual driver custom in ear monitor. I ran upon this company one day while I...
Setup: System #1: Macbook Pro Retina, Fidelia Software, Fiio e17 Alpen System #2: Mac Pro, Fidelia Software, Headphone Out or Fiio e17/E09K combo Some of the tracks used to...
WHY THESE? The kind people on iBuyGou (www.ibuygou.com) kindly offered me a pair of Xiaomi-like headphones to review here, as I actively have been using my Pistons the last year, and as these...
The diary entries of a little girl nearing 30! - Page 1007
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #15092 of 151199/11/12 at 3:57amQuote:
Depending on the way you interpret fantasy roleplaying, yes, they are.
Dear diary: Coffee!Quote:Originally Posted by Coq de Combat
A_recording, out of those furries you've met and known, has there been any every-day anxiety or depression behind it all? I can imagine a reason to want to use a furry costume being that you'd like to escape reality. To just be someone, or something, else for a moment.
I can't answer that question, but there are American Splendor-type lower middle class social realism furry comics: Instead of having wacky adventures, the characters (some of them Mary Sues) are clockpunching Joes who have beers after work and watch TV at night. I'm not sure what the artist and audience get from these comics as a distinct subgenre (and I just spent a few minutes considering that), but it's a thing.post #15093 of 151199/11/12 at 4:00amQuote:Originally Posted by ardgedee
I can't answer that question, but there are American Splendor-type lower middle class social realism furry comics: Instead of having wacky adventures, the characters (some of them Mary Sues) are clockpunching Joes who have beers after work and watch TV at night. I'm not sure what the artist and audience get from these comics as a distinct subgenre (and I just spent a few minutes considering that), but it's a thing.
Please, please, please refer me to these lol. They sound amazing.post #15094 of 151199/11/12 at 4:16ampost #15095 of 151199/11/12 at 4:22ampost #15096 of 151199/11/12 at 4:30am
Probably worth keeping in mind that at the time (late 80s, early 90s), American Splendor was a huge influence on comics generally, instigating a massive flood of biographical and confessional comics. This extended into the furry subcultures too, I guess.post #15097 of 151199/11/12 at 4:36ampost #15098 of 151199/11/12 at 4:40am
Well, I'll see if I can find anything. Thanks for that. I'm a sucker for the hyper mundane and psuedo observational. (Hence why I love Talking Heads!)
That image is also way too small to make out the dialogue. :(post #15099 of 151199/11/12 at 4:57amQuote:
Right click the image, and open it in a new tab. There you should be able to zoom in/out to your heart's content.post #15100 of 151199/11/12 at 4:58ampost #15101 of 151199/11/12 at 5:03am
This is hilarious! There are fake reviews on Amazon for Audioquest's $14,000 speaker cable. I haven't laughed this much in a while:post #15102 of 151199/11/12 at 5:18ampost #15103 of 151199/11/12 at 5:20amQuote:Quote:
Or click the "Ty Templeton" at the bottom of the post. I always link my sources.post #15104 of 151199/11/12 at 5:27amQuote:"There's a glitch -- My husband bought a box of these for me. I was SO excited that, finally, I would be able to write after watching him do it for all these years. My excitement turned to tears when I realized that they do not come with paper-for-her. Please, BIC, consider making some feminine paper products so I can use my new pens."post #15105 of 151199/11/12 at 5:42amThread Starter
I'm fascinated by some of the stereotypes that arise within fandoms. Since we're talking about furries, I'm reminded of a conversation I had wherein the subject fell on their twin sister fandom, scalies (ie. reptiles). I was a bit surprised when this person told me that he believed the ratio of females was higher among scalies compared to furries. One of the stereotypes of the furry community is apparently that the largest demographic consists of gay males.
Also when talking to this person, the subject of fursonas came up, and then dragons specifically. He looks at me with a completely serious expression, "Oh yeah. Most dragons are... damaged."
"Yeah. Like, bipolar or personality disorders and stuff. For some reason they all wanna be dragons."
*shows me the wiki entry on "Tumbles The Stair-Dragon" who tried to cut himself with a blunt sunglass lens and proceeded to fling himself down a flight of stairs at a furry convention*
"Wait... it says that people gave him this fursona after the fact. His actual fursona was a wolf?"
"Oh... yeah. That's right. People started drawing him as a dragon. Because he was crazy, and people know dragons are crazy."
This thread is locked
- The diary entries of a little girl nearing 30!
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))
- › Band Name Game II 7 seconds ago
- › Music Game IX 17 seconds ago
- › Schiit Lyr Tube Rollers 52 seconds ago
- › "The Lab" 1 minute ago
- › Aune T1 USB Tube DAC+ SS Amp Discussion Thread ***See first post... 1 minute ago
- › Three Word Story 2 minutes ago
- › Sony XBA-H1 and XBA-H3 Hybrid Dynamic and BA IEM 2 minutes ago
- › SONY NWZ-A10 Series 2 minutes ago
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide: (2/17/2015: X2 -partial-,... 2 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD598 or Grado SR225e 3 minutes ago
- › MEElectronics M9 Classic Hi-Fi Noise-Isolating In-Ear Headphones by DisCHORDDubstep
- › PonoMusic PonoPlayer by piksnz
- › EarTech Music Dual Driver Custom Molded In Ear Musician Monitors... by acain
- › PSB M4U 1 by prez
- › 1 More Design Piston Crystal by banjoanton
- › Schiit Magni 2 by Willy 2 Streams
- › Dunu TITAN 1 — titanium-coated diaphragm earphones by tomscy2000
- › Master & Dynamic MH30 On Ear Headphone - Black by YoYo JoKeR
- › Master & Dynamic ME03 In Ear Headphone by twister6
- › Logitech Z-5500 THX-Certified 5.1 Digital Surround Sound Speaker... by NightFlight
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3