Well at that introductory price its hard to pass up. Plus the great reviews and its an 8 driver IEM with a good warranty. I think with starkey the shipping will be killer...
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- The IEM/Portable Headphones Deal Alerts Thread - Closed! Use the Deals Thread III instead. Last post on 11/13/13 at 11:26pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Looking for the right open design Last post on 9/30/12 at 9:16am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- ++ FULL-SIZE HEADPHONE RECOMMENDATIONS THREAD++ CLOSED: Please post a thread in the... Last post on 6/6/13 at 4:16am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- HD600 + Extended Bass + Larger Soundstage = ? Last post on 10/24/14 at 4:33am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- How many hours a week (on avg) do you listen to your full-size headphones? Last post on 7/18/13 at 10:47am in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
Last edited: 12/5/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))Last edited: 12/8/14
- Headphone Buying GuideLast edited: 4/22/15
This is my first review on head-fi. I had humble beginnings in my path as an audiophile that only officially started once I got the AKG K550 and grew more conscious of the link between the...
Before I start my review, I would like to Thank RIVA Audio team for a review sample in exchange for my honest opinion. Thanks to the original Jambox, going back a few years, wireless...
http://www.raysamuelsaudio.com/ It takes a lot of confidence to name your product after the Lockheed SR-71 Blackbird. If your going to honor the legendary mach 3+ strategic reconnaissance...
Every 6 months I've had the pleasure of talking to Shinobu Karaki of Aurorasound at the Tokyo headphone festivals. As an ex-Texas Instruments employee he has come up with some interesting...
For me, the Audeze EL-8Cs satisfy a long awaited two year search for a closed headphone that I can use at work that sound just as good as my home theater setup. I enjoy them so much, that I cannot...
The diary entries of a little girl nearing 30! - Page 8post #106 of 151191/22/12 at 6:47pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #107 of 151191/22/12 at 7:09pmpost #108 of 151191/22/12 at 7:23pmpost #109 of 151191/22/12 at 7:39pm
Still got a bit of ways before that time ;). Well I've decided on the Heir 8.A. It seems to be what I am looking for in both audio quality and looks lol. At $1099 its a great deal IMO. Hopefully will have them by June. Can't be spreading myself too thin here. Will have to get my finances in order first but have already committed to the buy. Dr. John Moulton has great customer service and responds quickly. His designs are by far the nicest I've seen yet and the quality and detail are amazing. Lets hope it has those "inner dynamics" qualities that Averagejoe and Anaxilus have experienced for themselves...post #110 of 151191/22/12 at 7:39pmpost #111 of 151191/22/12 at 8:26pmpost #112 of 151191/22/12 at 8:30pmQuote:
Isn't it for all of us lol? I've spent over $2,600 on this hobby since starting...
post #113 of 151191/22/12 at 8:39pmpost #114 of 151191/22/12 at 8:40pmpost #115 of 151191/22/12 at 8:43pm
Once I factor in the Studio V, DX100 and now the Heir 8.A (Aya!!) lol.
I think after this I'm going to take a long vacation from headfi.
Speaking of the Studio V. I've just started using its amp section to drive my denons with the DACport LX. Its definitely an improvement over the Fiio E9 amp. Everything is just so balanced and airy. I think I'll wait though on putting up the E9 for sale once my extra pair of IE80 arrives to go on sale as well :). Haven't received confirmation on the O2 Reference amp being shipped yet. Really am looking forward to how that drives my IEMs/cans.
Edited by lee730 - 1/22/12 at 8:47pmpost #116 of 151191/22/12 at 8:45pmpost #117 of 151191/22/12 at 8:46pmpost #118 of 151191/22/12 at 8:50pm
OK I think I'll throw the GR10 on the distant future shopping list and just go with the tri-fi10 JVC FX700 and Beyer CK100Pro. Westone 4 not a bad start for 2012post #119 of 151191/22/12 at 8:51pmpost #120 of 151191/22/12 at 8:51pmQuote:
Or just save up to get a custom to end all :). I positive I'll be selling off my dynamic IEMs after I get the custom. I may keep one though. Not sure if I could part with the IE80 again lol.
This thread is locked
- The diary entries of a little girl nearing 30!
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))
- › Speaker time. $300 price range, for desktop PC 5 seconds ago
- › Fiio e17 crashing windows 8.1 58 seconds ago
- › The Fiio X5 Thread 1 minute ago
- › "The Lab" 1 minute ago
- › Budget-150 portable headphones 2 minutes ago
- › ***NEW*** Cavalli Audio's Liquid Carbon... a $599 Cavalli amp??? 2 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD650 Impressions Thread 3 minutes ago
- › UK 2015 Head-Fi Meet (Cambridge - Saturday 25th April) 4 minutes ago
- › 11th Calgary Head-Fi Meet Sunday May 31st, 2015 at University of... 4 minutes ago
- › Gustard U12 USB Interface 8 Core XMOS chip 5 minutes ago
- › HiFiMAN HE-560 by DreamKing
- › Riva TurboX High Performance Premium Mobile Bluetooth Speaker (Black) by twister6
- › Ray Samuels Emmeline "The Black Bird" SR-71A Portable... by Stereocilia
- › Aurorasound HEADA Balanced Headphone Amplifier by Currawong
- › Audeze EL-8 Closed-Back by bearcat1986
- › Bravo Audio Tube Amplifier - V3 by YoYo JoKeR
- › thinksound rain2 Wooden In-Ear Headphone (Gunmetal Chocolate) by DJScope
- › HiFiMAN HE-500 by MrJohnny
- › Shure SE112m+-GR Sound Isolating Earphones with Remote + Microphone... by pformagg
- › MEElectronics M6 PRO Universal-Fit Noise-Isolating Musician’s... by Luckbad
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2