Well at that introductory price its hard to pass up. Plus the great reviews and its an 8 driver IEM with a good warranty. I think with starkey the shipping will be killer...
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- The IEM/Portable Headphones Deal Alerts Thread - Closed! Use the Deals Thread III instead. Last post on 11/13/13 at 11:26pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Looking for the right open design Last post on 9/30/12 at 9:16am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- ++ FULL-SIZE HEADPHONE RECOMMENDATIONS THREAD++ CLOSED: Please post a thread in the... Last post on 6/6/13 at 4:16am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- HD600 + Extended Bass + Larger Soundstage = ? Last post on 10/24/14 at 4:33am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- How many hours a week (on avg) do you listen to your full-size headphones? Last post on 7/18/13 at 10:47am in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
Last edited: 12/5/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))Last edited: 12/8/14
- Headphone Buying GuideLast edited: 3/21/15
Before I start my review, I would like to Thank AudioQuest for providing me with a review sample of their product in exchange for my honest opinion. No matter how much I enjoy listening to...
Read a number of reviews on this pair of headphones before buying, and was quite surprised that no one mentioned the boxy band ( maybe somewhere around 3.5 - 5k ?? ) of upper mids. some songs...
Sony walkman A-10 review PACKAGING : so simple .. just the player,cable and...
Build I've had a lot of headphones in the past and prior to this I thought in the sub 300 price category the Beyer DT990/880 were the best, they certainly still are at the top of the chart but this...
A Brief Review of the FiiO X3 2nd Generation DAP with Comparisons to the Xuelin iHiFi 800. Firstly, I would like to thank Mr. James Chung for allowing this preview of FiiO’s new X3...
The diary entries of a little girl nearing 30! - Page 8post #106 of 151191/22/12 at 6:47pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #107 of 151191/22/12 at 7:09pmpost #108 of 151191/22/12 at 7:23pmpost #109 of 151191/22/12 at 7:39pm
Still got a bit of ways before that time ;). Well I've decided on the Heir 8.A. It seems to be what I am looking for in both audio quality and looks lol. At $1099 its a great deal IMO. Hopefully will have them by June. Can't be spreading myself too thin here. Will have to get my finances in order first but have already committed to the buy. Dr. John Moulton has great customer service and responds quickly. His designs are by far the nicest I've seen yet and the quality and detail are amazing. Lets hope it has those "inner dynamics" qualities that Averagejoe and Anaxilus have experienced for themselves...post #110 of 151191/22/12 at 7:39pmpost #111 of 151191/22/12 at 8:26pmpost #112 of 151191/22/12 at 8:30pmQuote:
Isn't it for all of us lol? I've spent over $2,600 on this hobby since starting...
post #113 of 151191/22/12 at 8:39pmpost #114 of 151191/22/12 at 8:40pmpost #115 of 151191/22/12 at 8:43pm
Once I factor in the Studio V, DX100 and now the Heir 8.A (Aya!!) lol.
I think after this I'm going to take a long vacation from headfi.
Speaking of the Studio V. I've just started using its amp section to drive my denons with the DACport LX. Its definitely an improvement over the Fiio E9 amp. Everything is just so balanced and airy. I think I'll wait though on putting up the E9 for sale once my extra pair of IE80 arrives to go on sale as well :). Haven't received confirmation on the O2 Reference amp being shipped yet. Really am looking forward to how that drives my IEMs/cans.
Edited by lee730 - 1/22/12 at 8:47pmpost #116 of 151191/22/12 at 8:45pmpost #117 of 151191/22/12 at 8:46pmpost #118 of 151191/22/12 at 8:50pm
OK I think I'll throw the GR10 on the distant future shopping list and just go with the tri-fi10 JVC FX700 and Beyer CK100Pro. Westone 4 not a bad start for 2012post #119 of 151191/22/12 at 8:51pmpost #120 of 151191/22/12 at 8:51pmQuote:
Or just save up to get a custom to end all :). I positive I'll be selling off my dynamic IEMs after I get the custom. I may keep one though. Not sure if I could part with the IE80 again lol.
This thread is locked
- The diary entries of a little girl nearing 30!
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))
- › DigiZoid ZO FS & ZO FS+ (a.k.a. ZO3) Updates & Discussion Thread 1 minute ago
- › The iBasso DX50 Thread - Latest firmware: 1.8.0 1 minute ago
- › Sennheiser HD 700 Impressions Thread 1 minute ago
- › Making my first set of headphone cables... tips, tricks, help would... 1 minute ago
- › The Stax Thread III 1 minute ago
- › A little about the Shozy Alien 1 minute ago
- › Thoughts on a bunch of DACs (and why I hate chocolate ice cream) 2 minutes ago
- › Philips Fidelio X2?! 4 minutes ago
- › Sony "Low Noise" SD card for NW-ZX2 5 minutes ago
- › "The Lab" 5 minutes ago
- › AudioQuest DragonFly v1.2 USB DAC by twister6
- › AKG K271 MKII Headphones by 1nfiniti
- › Sony Walkman NWZ-A10 by Mmet
- › Philips Fidelio X2 by Zulkr9
- › FiiO X3 2nd gen Ultraportable Hi-Res DAP by jdog
- › ZERO AUDIO-ear stereo headphone carbo Basso ZH-DX210-CB by AzimAkbar
- › Sennheiser HD540 Reference Headphones by homesicalien
- › Aurisonics Rockets Solo Precision Micro-Dynamic Noise Isolating... by acain
- › Incipio f38 Headphones by ahnvx
- › Bose® IE2 audio headphones by Sarurururu
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2