Hi guys, I'm want and upgrade from my soul sl150, and found that these 2 are suitable for me, so out of these 2, which one has better sound quality/build quality etc. I listen to pop, rock and drum and bass... So which would be the best???
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 1/23/12
- categoryIn Eartagged by System, 1/23/12
- productSennheiser HD 25-1 II Professional Headphonetagged by System, 1/23/12
- productV-MODA Crossfade M-80tagged by System, 1/23/12
- productV-MODA for True Blood V-80 On-Ear Noise-Isolating Metal Headphonetagged by System, 1/23/12
Related Forum Threads
- Headphones for college dorm Last post on 12/20/12 at 9:11am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Audio-Technica M50S vs Philips Uptown Last post on 9/15/12 at 7:02pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Looking for a "Jack of all trades" Last post on 7/16/12 at 6:54am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Headphones With NO Leakage Last post on 11/7/12 at 4:05pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Durable Headphones Last post on 10/30/12 at 11:50am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
Last edited: 12/5/14
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And InformationLast edited: 5/7/10
These are great headphones I was turned onto from the forum. On this forum you have to assess who is enthusiastic about what. Generally, there is a difference between enthusiasm from novices...
Some Background: I’m currently 18 years old which as little as that matters to me seems to be interesting to many people in this community. I’ve always liked music... [[SPOILER]] . Prelude:I...
I Ventured to buy those headphones fater a massive discount in pre-christmas sales here in mexico, for $178 USD i consider them to be a great buy The construction of those cans seems to be...
This is gonna be a simple review BASS For a $7 in ear it is actually really good. A little overbearing at times but quite articulate considering the price. MIDS They are not airy and vocals by...
These headphones sound very precise and balanced. You will hear your music as it was recorded, mixed, and mastered which is the approach I prefer to trying to find headphones that try to EQ things...
V-moda M80/V80 vs Sennheiser HD-25-ii
Poll Results: V-moda M80/V80 vs Sennheiser HD-25-ii
52 Total Votespost #1 of 171/21/12 at 10:27pmThread Starter
51% (27)V-Moda M80/V80
48% (25)Sennheiser HD 25-ii
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 172/2/12 at 7:27pm
Well I've listened to both, and honestly they are very similar headphones. Since you're coming from the Ludacris line, I assume you're used to a more bass heavy sound. They both have pretty punchy bass, but the Senn slightly more so. The V-Moda however has better mids and isn't as boomy in the low end and less exhausting to listen too. Also, the v-moda is a solid metal construction, whereas the Senn is all plastic (very durable plastic, mind you). The v-moda is also cheaper and more stylish.post #3 of 172/2/12 at 8:54pmpost #4 of 172/3/12 at 7:53amThread Starter
But design wise i would go for the V-moda... the only thing i was wondering was whether the sound quality is enough to make me neglect the design for the sound? do you think it would be worth it? Price is not really a matter as amazon prices them quite closelypost #5 of 172/3/12 at 12:02pmpost #6 of 172/3/12 at 6:54pm
I got the adidas version, so it's design was fairly modern and stylish and velour pads really help for comfort in addition to the funner sound that makes you tap your feet and feel engaged. It's up to you, m80 hurt my ears after like half an hour.post #7 of 172/3/12 at 8:26pm
I just got the m-80 a couple weeks ago.
Few things I've noticed:
-The case they come in is awesome. I would pay $30 for just the case.
-You need to wear them for more than 5 hours before deciding if they're comfortable or not. I could barely wear mine when I first got them.
After stretching them out and letting the pads mold to my ears I can barely feel them on my head.
-They feel very high quality, smaller than I thought they would be.
-CEO/Designer posts on head-fi
-I do wish they had more "sparkle" or the highs a bit more up front. This however makes them less fatiguing.
-If you order from v-moda they have a 60-day test drive. I believe Guitar Center has the hd-25s if you want to compare them.post #8 of 172/3/12 at 10:04pmThread Starterpost #9 of 172/4/12 at 12:09ampost #10 of 172/4/12 at 1:14amThread Starterpost #11 of 172/4/12 at 1:32ampost #12 of 172/4/12 at 6:41amThread Starterpost #13 of 172/4/12 at 4:35pm
I think I've read some of your comments and questions asking about this same topic. It feels to me as if you are leaning towards the M-80s. They are both known for having great sound quality so I don't think you would be disappointed with either one. I say if you have an inkling inside you that wants the M-80s you should get them. You don't want to get the hd25s and then be slightly disappointed and regret not getting M80s. For me personally the HD25s were a little too sibilant for me, granted it was only a 20 minute demo. From what I've heard the HD25 does fit your genres a little better. Having said that, they both sound great. You won't be disappointed with either cans. Just go for the M-80s. Do it.post #14 of 172/4/12 at 7:47pmThread Starterpost #15 of 177/19/12 at 2:54pm
Hey guys, I just got M80's today and am floored. Great sound from these baby's. I love my Senn HD25's, but these are a different animal. As for "fun" factor, I'm finding these pretty damn fun. Absolutely great sound.
I will say that the Senn's seem to have a more "open" soundstage than the M80's at this point, but they're brand new and haven't been burned in yet. The M80's mids and upper range seem more bright than the Senn's.
I'm testing using classical, classic rock, 80's rock, and metal. To mix it up I'm throwing in electronic and alternative. As for the sound isolation...I use these for traveling on NYC subways to and from work...you sorta need to be able to hear when an announcement comes out, so I'm not against it.
I have noticed today that with these plugged into my iPod Touch, without my FiiO E17 that the battery drained faster than my usual IEM's....much faster.
More as they get burned in, but so far...wow...AMAZING little cans here!
Steve from NYCReturn HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- V-moda M80/V80 vs Sennheiser HD-25-ii
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Headphone Impedance
- › O2 Buzzing Problems 22 seconds ago
- › DIY your own Theme for your lovely X3 1 minute ago
- › An audiophile and petrolhead's journal: Buckle up! 1 minute ago
- › Music Game IX 1 minute ago
- › New Release! The K7XX Massdrop First Edition - an exclusive from... 2 minutes ago
- › Astell & Kern AK100 brown leather case - like new 2 minutes ago
- › Geek Pulse First Impressions 3 minutes ago
- › Sony XBA H3 just like a new 3 minutes ago
- › The Beyerdynamic DT880 Discussion thread 3 minutes ago
- › Band Name Game II 3 minutes ago
- › Brainwavz M5 by vaziyetu
- › beyerynamic DT 150 Compact Closed Headphone (250 Ohms) by jdpark
- › EarSonics SM3 Universal Fit IEM by Mitchell4500
- › Sony MDR-1R by gerelmx1986
- › Panasonic RP-HJE120-K In-Ear Earbud Ergo-Fit Headphone (Black) by JAMEZTHEBOI
- › thinksound on1 Supra-Aural On-Ear Monitor Wooden Headphone by Pacal
- › Astell&Kern AK100II High Resolution Single DAC Audio Player... by musikaladin
- › Sennheiser HD 280 Headphones by Galvatron
- › SanDisk Sansa Clip+ 4 GB MP3 Player (Red) by Mitchell4500
- › Shure SE846 Sound Isolating™ Earphone by Mitchell4500
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)