Hi guys, I'm want and upgrade from my soul sl150, and found that these 2 are suitable for me, so out of these 2, which one has better sound quality/build quality etc. I listen to pop, rock and drum and bass... So which would be the best???
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 1/23/12
- categoryIn Eartagged by System, 1/23/12
- productSennheiser HD 25-1 II Professional Headphonetagged by System, 1/23/12
- productV-MODA Crossfade M-80tagged by System, 1/23/12
- productV-MODA for True Blood V-80 On-Ear Noise-Isolating Metal Headphonetagged by System, 1/23/12
Related Forum Threads
- Headphones for college dorm Last post on 12/20/12 at 9:11am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Audio-Technica M50S vs Philips Uptown Last post on 9/15/12 at 7:02pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Looking for a "Jack of all trades" Last post on 7/16/12 at 6:54am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Headphones With NO Leakage Last post on 11/7/12 at 4:05pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Durable Headphones Last post on 10/30/12 at 11:50am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And InformationLast edited: 5/7/10
- Basic Guide To In Ear CanalphonesLast edited: 3/22/12
Ok first I need to say that I'm not an audiophile, and I use this site mostly for help than giving advise whit that told I will continue I've owned this headset for more than a year and they...
I brought these on sale at Best Buy for $44, the price they are at right now are a absolute rip off. ($110) Logitech have discontinued these, I will take a guess in my review why that...
Synopsis: The Future Sonics MG5pro is a professional stage monitor for audiophiles. It offers a different tuning than its brother, the fully stage-oriented MG6pro, by offering a brighter, more...
i've read a number of reviews around the net which criticize the k812's for harsh treble and limited bass - all i can say is that my experience with these 'phones does NOT bear that out. the bass...
I like to mod…yes, I am one of those head-fiers. My specific area of interest is Grados, and wooden cups for them. I delight in sourcing cups, finding the drivers, and transforming a prosaic...
V-moda M80/V80 vs Sennheiser HD-25-ii
Poll Results: V-moda M80/V80 vs Sennheiser HD-25-ii
51 Total Votespost #1 of 171/21/12 at 10:27pmThread Starter
52% (27)V-Moda M80/V80
47% (24)Sennheiser HD 25-ii
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 172/2/12 at 7:27pm
Well I've listened to both, and honestly they are very similar headphones. Since you're coming from the Ludacris line, I assume you're used to a more bass heavy sound. They both have pretty punchy bass, but the Senn slightly more so. The V-Moda however has better mids and isn't as boomy in the low end and less exhausting to listen too. Also, the v-moda is a solid metal construction, whereas the Senn is all plastic (very durable plastic, mind you). The v-moda is also cheaper and more stylish.post #3 of 172/2/12 at 8:54pmpost #4 of 172/3/12 at 7:53amThread Starter
But design wise i would go for the V-moda... the only thing i was wondering was whether the sound quality is enough to make me neglect the design for the sound? do you think it would be worth it? Price is not really a matter as amazon prices them quite closelypost #5 of 172/3/12 at 12:02pmpost #6 of 172/3/12 at 6:54pm
I got the adidas version, so it's design was fairly modern and stylish and velour pads really help for comfort in addition to the funner sound that makes you tap your feet and feel engaged. It's up to you, m80 hurt my ears after like half an hour.post #7 of 172/3/12 at 8:26pm
I just got the m-80 a couple weeks ago.
Few things I've noticed:
-The case they come in is awesome. I would pay $30 for just the case.
-You need to wear them for more than 5 hours before deciding if they're comfortable or not. I could barely wear mine when I first got them.
After stretching them out and letting the pads mold to my ears I can barely feel them on my head.
-They feel very high quality, smaller than I thought they would be.
-CEO/Designer posts on head-fi
-I do wish they had more "sparkle" or the highs a bit more up front. This however makes them less fatiguing.
-If you order from v-moda they have a 60-day test drive. I believe Guitar Center has the hd-25s if you want to compare them.post #8 of 172/3/12 at 10:04pmThread Starterpost #9 of 172/4/12 at 12:09ampost #10 of 172/4/12 at 1:14amThread Starterpost #11 of 172/4/12 at 1:32ampost #12 of 172/4/12 at 6:41amThread Starterpost #13 of 172/4/12 at 4:35pm
I think I've read some of your comments and questions asking about this same topic. It feels to me as if you are leaning towards the M-80s. They are both known for having great sound quality so I don't think you would be disappointed with either one. I say if you have an inkling inside you that wants the M-80s you should get them. You don't want to get the hd25s and then be slightly disappointed and regret not getting M80s. For me personally the HD25s were a little too sibilant for me, granted it was only a 20 minute demo. From what I've heard the HD25 does fit your genres a little better. Having said that, they both sound great. You won't be disappointed with either cans. Just go for the M-80s. Do it.post #14 of 172/4/12 at 7:47pmThread Starterpost #15 of 177/19/12 at 2:54pm
Hey guys, I just got M80's today and am floored. Great sound from these baby's. I love my Senn HD25's, but these are a different animal. As for "fun" factor, I'm finding these pretty damn fun. Absolutely great sound.
I will say that the Senn's seem to have a more "open" soundstage than the M80's at this point, but they're brand new and haven't been burned in yet. The M80's mids and upper range seem more bright than the Senn's.
I'm testing using classical, classic rock, 80's rock, and metal. To mix it up I'm throwing in electronic and alternative. As for the sound isolation...I use these for traveling on NYC subways to and from work...you sorta need to be able to hear when an announcement comes out, so I'm not against it.
I have noticed today that with these plugged into my iPod Touch, without my FiiO E17 that the battery drained faster than my usual IEM's....much faster.
More as they get burned in, but so far...wow...AMAZING little cans here!
Steve from NYCReturn HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- V-moda M80/V80 vs Sennheiser HD-25-ii
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 3 seconds ago
- › The Centrance HiFi M8 thread 1 minute ago
- › Audiophile by accident . The Hobby: An Unexpected Journey 1 minute ago
- › Sennheiser HD25 Aluminium 25th anniversary edition review 2 minutes ago
- › NEED HELP OVER-EAR OPEN HEADPHONERS FOR HEAVY METAL ( GRADO... 2 minutes ago
- › What Are You Listening To Right Now? -New thread, new rules. Please... 2 minutes ago
- › Multi-IEM Review - 318 IEMs compared (NarMoo R1M added 07/03/14 p.... 3 minutes ago
- › Help with alternative replacement for Beyer DT770 80hm 4 minutes ago
- › Calling All "Vintage" Integrated/Receiver Owners 4 minutes ago
- › iDSD micro Crowd-Designed. A Teeny-Weeny Update! (page 104) 4 minutes ago
- › Astro A40 Audio System - White by MaxiMarciano
- › Logitech Z553 2.1 Speakers by Nada190
- › Future Sonics mg5pro 10mm Ear Monitors by Kunlun
- › AKG K812 by jk47
- › Sennheiser Grado Hybrid a.k.a. SennGrado by fleasbaby
- › T-Peos Altone200 by ClieOS
- › SONY MDR-XB30EX-B Black | In-Ear EXTRA BASS Headphones (Japanese... by francopro
- › NarMoo R1M High-Fidelity Noise Isolation Headphones with Mic by TheGame21x
- › FiiO X3 Portable Music Player by ash47
- › Electric Avenues PA2V2 by shak85
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Wireless Headphones)