Hi guys, I'm want and upgrade from my soul sl150, and found that these 2 are suitable for me, so out of these 2, which one has better sound quality/build quality etc. I listen to pop, rock and drum and bass... So which would be the best???
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 1/23/12
- categoryIn Eartagged by System, 1/23/12
- productSennheiser HD 25-1 II Professional Headphonetagged by System, 1/23/12
- productV-MODA Crossfade M-80tagged by System, 1/23/12
- productV-MODA for True Blood V-80 On-Ear Noise-Isolating Metal Headphonetagged by System, 1/23/12
Related Forum Threads
- Headphones for college dorm Last post on 12/20/12 at 9:11am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Audio-Technica M50S vs Philips Uptown Last post on 9/15/12 at 7:02pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Looking for a "Jack of all trades" Last post on 7/16/12 at 6:54am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Good ON-EAR Headphones? Last post on 3/9/14 at 7:41pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Headphones With NO Leakage Last post on 11/7/12 at 4:05pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
Last edited: 12/5/14
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And InformationLast edited: 5/7/10
Introduction: One of my favorite part of this hobby that I've grown to love over the past few years is trying new things and just experiencing how different components (or combination of...
The H10 from Gustard is the best solid state amplifier I've heard that retails for under $500. It's better than most that retail for under $1000. This thing deserves a quality review so here it...
PreIntroduction: I am in no way affiliated or work for Aune. For this review, the Aune B1 has been provided to me as a review sample by Aune, as one of the 10 review samples sent out to...
Note: Review was done with a sample provided by DUNU-Topsound. For a more complete picture, please visit the dedicated thread for the DUNU DN-2000J (here). The DN-2000J is a classically...
Review: MDR-1A is the Head of Its’ Class Intro There exists a number of different schools of headphones with many different classes. In elementary school we had Apples Earpods as required...
V-moda M80/V80 vs Sennheiser HD-25-ii
Poll Results: V-moda M80/V80 vs Sennheiser HD-25-ii
52 Total Votespost #1 of 171/21/12 at 10:27pmThread Starter
51% (27)V-Moda M80/V80
48% (25)Sennheiser HD 25-ii
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 172/2/12 at 7:27pm
Well I've listened to both, and honestly they are very similar headphones. Since you're coming from the Ludacris line, I assume you're used to a more bass heavy sound. They both have pretty punchy bass, but the Senn slightly more so. The V-Moda however has better mids and isn't as boomy in the low end and less exhausting to listen too. Also, the v-moda is a solid metal construction, whereas the Senn is all plastic (very durable plastic, mind you). The v-moda is also cheaper and more stylish.post #3 of 172/2/12 at 8:54pmpost #4 of 172/3/12 at 7:53amThread Starter
But design wise i would go for the V-moda... the only thing i was wondering was whether the sound quality is enough to make me neglect the design for the sound? do you think it would be worth it? Price is not really a matter as amazon prices them quite closelypost #5 of 172/3/12 at 12:02pmpost #6 of 172/3/12 at 6:54pm
I got the adidas version, so it's design was fairly modern and stylish and velour pads really help for comfort in addition to the funner sound that makes you tap your feet and feel engaged. It's up to you, m80 hurt my ears after like half an hour.post #7 of 172/3/12 at 8:26pm
I just got the m-80 a couple weeks ago.
Few things I've noticed:
-The case they come in is awesome. I would pay $30 for just the case.
-You need to wear them for more than 5 hours before deciding if they're comfortable or not. I could barely wear mine when I first got them.
After stretching them out and letting the pads mold to my ears I can barely feel them on my head.
-They feel very high quality, smaller than I thought they would be.
-CEO/Designer posts on head-fi
-I do wish they had more "sparkle" or the highs a bit more up front. This however makes them less fatiguing.
-If you order from v-moda they have a 60-day test drive. I believe Guitar Center has the hd-25s if you want to compare them.post #8 of 172/3/12 at 10:04pmThread Starterpost #9 of 172/4/12 at 12:09ampost #10 of 172/4/12 at 1:14amThread Starterpost #11 of 172/4/12 at 1:32ampost #12 of 172/4/12 at 6:41amThread Starterpost #13 of 172/4/12 at 4:35pm
I think I've read some of your comments and questions asking about this same topic. It feels to me as if you are leaning towards the M-80s. They are both known for having great sound quality so I don't think you would be disappointed with either one. I say if you have an inkling inside you that wants the M-80s you should get them. You don't want to get the hd25s and then be slightly disappointed and regret not getting M80s. For me personally the HD25s were a little too sibilant for me, granted it was only a 20 minute demo. From what I've heard the HD25 does fit your genres a little better. Having said that, they both sound great. You won't be disappointed with either cans. Just go for the M-80s. Do it.post #14 of 172/4/12 at 7:47pmThread Starterpost #15 of 177/19/12 at 2:54pm
Hey guys, I just got M80's today and am floored. Great sound from these baby's. I love my Senn HD25's, but these are a different animal. As for "fun" factor, I'm finding these pretty damn fun. Absolutely great sound.
I will say that the Senn's seem to have a more "open" soundstage than the M80's at this point, but they're brand new and haven't been burned in yet. The M80's mids and upper range seem more bright than the Senn's.
I'm testing using classical, classic rock, 80's rock, and metal. To mix it up I'm throwing in electronic and alternative. As for the sound isolation...I use these for traveling on NYC subways to and from work...you sorta need to be able to hear when an announcement comes out, so I'm not against it.
I have noticed today that with these plugged into my iPod Touch, without my FiiO E17 that the battery drained faster than my usual IEM's....much faster.
More as they get burned in, but so far...wow...AMAZING little cans here!
Steve from NYCReturn HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- V-moda M80/V80 vs Sennheiser HD-25-ii
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Headphone Impedance
- › JVC new top tier Wooden IEM : JVC HA FX 1100 14 seconds ago
- › "The Lab" 4 minutes ago
- › World's first portable Hybrid Valve Headphone Amplifier (with a... 4 minutes ago
- › = Hifiman Regrilling Mod = 4 minutes ago
- › Best sub-$200 (flexible) cans for classical, punk, and some... 5 minutes ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 6 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD 600 Impressions Thread 7 minutes ago
- › The Fiio X5 Thread 7 minutes ago
- › WAV Sounds The Best (To Me) 8 minutes ago
- › Upgradability attacks! Looking for a new amp to my 880s and 598s 9 minutes ago
- › T-Peos Altone250 by Cotnijoe
- › GUSTARD H10 High-current Discrete Class A Stage Headphone Amplifier by JoeDoe
- › Aune B1 by avitron142
- › DUNU DN-2000J by tomscy2000
- › Sony MDR-1A Premium Hi-Res Stereo Headphones by GrindedDown
- › Sennheiser PX 100-II Supra-Aural Mini Headphones - Black by ElMarcado
- › Final Audio Design Pandora Hope VI Headphones by ItsMeHere
- › T-Peos Altone 350 Hybrid 3 driver IEM by Peter West
- › AUSDOM M06 Over-ear Stereo Bluetooth Headphones Wireless + Wired... by Hisoundfi
- › Aurisonics ASG-2.5 Generic Fit Digital-Hybrid In-Ear Monitors in... by Luckbad
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2