I'm looking into purchasing a $200-$300ish DAC/Amp combination to use with my iPhone 4S, which to me sounds decent but not too amazing as is. Has anyone had any success with anything in that price range? For the records, I've been using Westone ES3X custom IEMs for listening. The more portable, the better as well!
- categoryAmp DACs
- itemApple IPhone 4S 16GB AT T Black
- itemCypher Labs Algorhythm Solo
- categoryDigital Audio FLAC MP3 Players
- itemNuForce Icon IDo Black Audiophile Grade DAC And Headphone Amp For IPad IPhone And IPod Touch
- itemSonoma Wire Works GuitarJack High Quality IOS Interface W Instrument And Stereo Mic Line Inputs And Output For IPod IPhone Or IPad
- itemVentureCraft Go DAP 4 0
Related Forum Threads
- Best DAC/Amp Combo with a Cowon J3 and Westone 3? Last post on 9/3/12 at 6:11pm in Portable Headphone Amps
- transferring high quality audio files into iPhone Last post on 9/20/12 at 5:43pm in Computer Audio
- How to get lossless songs and is an ipod touch considered an audiophile mp3 player? Last post on 9/23/12 at 9:50pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Iphone 5 vs 4S Which Should I Get? Last post on 9/23/12 at 8:40pm in Portable Source Gear
- Will you upgrade your iPod Touch 4G to 5G? Last post on 12/20/12 at 8:29pm in Portable Source Gear
2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Portable Devices)
Edited on 12/28/12
- 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Amps & Other Gear)Edited on 12/28/12
Related Head Gear
- NuForce Icon iDo Black Audiophile-Grade DAC and...No review yet.
Disclaimer- This review has been written based on past 2 year’s observations. I am not a part of the audio industry or trade and I represent no one but myself, and this review is written...
Introduction The easiest way to explain the Sennheiser CX-150's is that they do what you can reasonably expect. You can't really expect much from a pair of sub-50 dollar IEM's, and frankly, I...
Who/what? I'd like to thank Rhapsodio for sending the 2v1 our way for a tour, along with the Shozy amp. Australia isn't exactly a hot electronics place First off - Rhapsodio is a young IEM...
The below review is a summary of a full comparison of the AD1000X to the AD900X and Sony MA900 found...
I used this amp mainly with a pair of HD 650 and it does what it is supposed to do: it has way more power than I need, it's quiet and it makes everything sound in its place. I have never heard...
- 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Amps & Other Gear)
DAC/Amp Combinations that work well with iPhone 4S?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
The only two portable DACs for the iPod are the Algorhythm Solo and the Fostex HP-P1 (which has an amp built in as well), which are above well above your budget. There are currently no other portable alternatives, only desktop ones.
I have a 4S, E11, and L9. They do work well together, but the problem is the amp/band always gets in the way. Maybe it's because i'm constantly texting or using my phone, but it's annoying to have it connected when I'm out and about. It doesn't seem worth the hassle for me.
Oh, the E11 is only an Amp, not a DAC. Sorry. :\
Well there is the VentureCraft Go-DAP 4.0 which is a DAC/Amp for the iPhone 4/4S that's highly portable (and integrated) but is also above his budget.
But otherwise, yes...for $200-$300 budget there's no current DAC/Amp for the iPhone 4S.
Edited by AnakChan - 3/10/12 at 1:49am
if to extend a budget a bit more to get an Open box Godap from Musica.
- DAC/Amp Combinations that work well with iPhone 4S?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 1 minute ago
- › Earsonics SM64: The Impressions and Appreciation Thread 2 minutes ago
- › VSonic VSD1/VSD1S - Any Reviews Yet? 2 minutes ago
- › Beats Mixr Vs Beats Studio... Opinions Out Of The Two? 3 minutes ago
- › iPhone 4S white 16GB unlocked 3 minutes ago
- › REVIEW: Firestone Audio Tobby DAC 3 minutes ago
- › Schiit Owners Unite 3 minutes ago
- › Denon AH-D7000 4 minutes ago
- › The T50RP Paradox | reviews, discussion, & mini-tour impressions... 4 minutes ago
- › [REVIEW] Aurisonics ASG-2 Hybrid IEM (Stealth) - FitEar 334 and... 4 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD 250 Linear II by xEcuToR
- › Sennheiser CX150 Ear-Canal Phones by BadMoose
- › Rhapsodio RDB+ 2v1 by svyr
- › Audio-technica AIR Dynamic Headphones Ath-ad1000x by a_recording
- › Schiit Valhalla by Rem0o
- › Sony MDR-XB500 40mm XB Diaphragm Driver Extra Bass Headphones by derbigpr
- › Colorfly Pocket Hi-fi C4 by yxmees
- › audio-technica Premium Compact Inner Ear Headphones ATH-CKN70 Black... by a_recording
- › AUDIO TECHNICA ATH PRO700 mk2 by TheGame21x
- › Monoprice 8320 IEM by Taharqa
- › Syncing music and making playlists work with... by Currawong
- › Mac OS X Music Players - alternatives to iTunes by miceblue
- › STAX SR-007 (Omega II) ... A Review After 4... by Currawong
- › List of lossless and high-res music (FLAC,... by ffivaz
- › Beware of the following scams and people... by Currawong
- › Sennheiser 449 Mod Possibly 4 8 Mod by hernan604
- › 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Computer Audio) by joe
- › 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Portable... by joe
- › 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Desktop Audio) by joe
- › 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Headphone... by joe