Hi, I've been using this forum for a while now but just decieded to join because I wanted some direct advice. I would like some good all round headphones up to £100. prefferable some thing that will play all genres of music since I listen to all genres! This makes it really hard for me to decieded so I've come here for some help :) . My last ear phones were nuforce ne 700 and I really enjoyed there sound, so I'd like something similar. I enjoyed the bass (maybe too much some times) on those headphones but they broke pretty easily. I've also tried the brainwavz m3, but found the bass really lacking, but really I liked their general sound. Is there any in ear headphones that perhaps have a similar sound to the 2 combined? I also enjoy a good soundstage, so I was considering the shures se215 but wasn't sure how they really sound since I haven't tried them. Any advice would be helpful!
- productBrainwavz M3tagged by System, 1/23/12
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 1/23/12
- categoryIn Eartagged by System, 1/23/12
- productJVC HA-FXT90tagged by System, 1/23/12
- productShure SE215 Cleartagged by System, 1/23/12
- productVSONIC GR07tagged by System, 1/23/12
- productYamaha EPH-100SL Inner-Ear Headphonetagged by System, 1/23/12
Related Forum Threads
- Vsonic GR07, Rockit R50, Shure Se215 or Yamaha EPH-100 Last post on 9/6/12 at 6:29am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Brainwavz B2 or Shure se215 Last post on 7/9/12 at 7:29am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Yamaha EPH-100 or another IEM for <$200? Last post on 12/13/13 at 4:52pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- new to Head-Fi.. trying to decide between Gr07, Gr01, DBA-02, ATH CKM500, FXT90, EPH-100 and... Last post on 6/29/12 at 7:39pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Looking for portable headphones/ earphones/IEM for trip hop/electro music (150$ budget) Last post on 12/8/13 at 5:13pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And InformationLast edited: 5/7/10
- Basic Guide To In Ear CanalphonesLast edited: 3/22/12
When it comes to Edifier, they are best known for their desktop PC speaker range and acquiring the prestigious electrostatic headphone company Stax. But just because they now own Stax doesn’t mean...
Remember Edifier? The company that now owns Stax? I recently covered their e10 Exclaim desktop speakers and found them rather impressive for just $99. While making a nice budget speaker is...
This is my first review, so please bear with me if I'm not particularly clear. 1) This is a headphones that takes time to appreciate 2) 1/2 star for the sound quality, 4&1/2 star for getting...
The AH-D7100's immediately became my go-to headphones for daily use since the day I purchased them three weeks ago. They sound much fuller compared to my Beyerdynamic T5P's and produce high sound...
You get what you see. Nothing extra. CNT or "Carbon nano tube" diaphrams/drivers were developed by the Chinese (I studied this) and J.V.C was the first to mass produce it in their...
In-ear headphone recommendations for £100 ($150)
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 71/21/12 at 9:09am
For the price i would suggest these two.
I have the yamahas and they're excellent, and can be found for £80.
There are also the Jvc Fx90 but i can't really comment as i've never heard them.post #3 of 71/21/12 at 9:57am
+1 to Huxley
Bare in mind only Yamaha will give you 2 year workable warranty as the others are imports.
EPH100's are particularly stunning with trance/electro/dance because of there clarity & separation. I find the bass plenty for this type of genre. Not basshead levels but definitely plenty to satisfy most & maybe even too much for some. Also fitting & isolation is excellent making them good for commuters & gym wear. Hard to beat if you are in the UK at £80 delivered with 2 year warranty. £20 spared for a headphone amp if you wished.
Go over & take a look at the EPH100 thread.
You could also consider UE TF10's from amazon sale £110.
They didn't suit my ears though - In fact i couldn't keep them in longer than 10min.
Highs too sharp, mids recessed & poor separation IMO. Going to sell them.
Edited by archy121 - 1/21/12 at 2:50pmpost #4 of 71/21/12 at 1:36pmpost #5 of 71/22/12 at 3:37amThread Starter
After reading the EPH100 thread, I think they might be the ear phone that I will buy. I'm really impressed by the praise they've been getting and look fantastic. Look like Audio affair has them in stock and sold within the UK. I think the other factor is that they have 2 year warranty, and headphones seem to break quite quickly for me! So this is a huge plus. Thanks guyspost #6 of 71/22/12 at 4:12am
Good choice, and being all metal means they should last you a fair while.
For the price there's very little that can touch them, bar the other suggestions i made.
They are a great all rounder, not weak in any area unlike a lot of phones that are out there.
If you do order them, please post your impressions in the thread for us, always nice to hear how people get on with them.post #7 of 71/22/12 at 6:11am
I would personally go for the Triple Fi from Amazon. I love their sound and the level of detail from an IEM for £110 is almost unbelievable! If you enjoy bass then these will definitely be right up you street!Return HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- In-ear headphone recommendations for £100 ($150)
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › Dunu DN-1000 - Dunu's hybrid IEM - Appreciation thread 1 minute ago
- › Resonessence Labs Concero discussion/review thead 1 minute ago
- › Chord QuteHD DAC - 'Pulse-Array' Teconology Discusion Thread 2 minutes ago
- › New to audio with new gear: The Xiang Sheng DA-03A. Don't think you... 2 minutes ago
- › The diary entries of a little girl in her 30s! ~ Part 2 2 minutes ago
- › PC Enthusiast-Fi (PC Gaming/Parts/Overclocking) 2 minutes ago
- › Bicycle-Fi! 5 minutes ago
- › The Basshead Club 5 minutes ago
- › Anyone interested in the subgenre of Shoegaze? 6 minutes ago
- › THE HYPE.............................. Appreciation Thread. 6 minutes ago
- › Edifier H850 by ClieOS
- › Edifier USA Spinnaker Media Speaker System (Black) by project86
- › Aftershokz Sportz M2 AS320 Open Ear Sports Headphones by sensible
- › Denon AH-D7100 Music Maniac by sjp3003
- › JVC Kenwood Victer stereo headphones HA-SZ2000 japan import by Hawaiibadboy
- › PSB M4U 1 by yay101
- › SONY Stereo headphones black MDR-1RMK2/B by Nec3
- › Audio-Technica ATH-M50S by turbomustang84
- › Superlux HD669 by mang0
- › IFI Gemini usb cable by turo91
- › The Best BASS Headphones ( a Head-Fi Wiki) by Hawaiibadboy
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by joe
- › Adjusting bias on Stax tube amplifiers by ardilla
- › Headphone Power Calculator Spreadsheet by robrob
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Introduction) by jude