Hi, I've been using this forum for a while now but just decieded to join because I wanted some direct advice. I would like some good all round headphones up to £100. prefferable some thing that will play all genres of music since I listen to all genres! This makes it really hard for me to decieded so I've come here for some help :) . My last ear phones were nuforce ne 700 and I really enjoyed there sound, so I'd like something similar. I enjoyed the bass (maybe too much some times) on those headphones but they broke pretty easily. I've also tried the brainwavz m3, but found the bass really lacking, but really I liked their general sound. Is there any in ear headphones that perhaps have a similar sound to the 2 combined? I also enjoy a good soundstage, so I was considering the shures se215 but wasn't sure how they really sound since I haven't tried them. Any advice would be helpful!
- productBrainwavz M3tagged by System, 1/23/12
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 1/23/12
- categoryIn Eartagged by System, 1/23/12
- productJVC HA-FXT90tagged by System, 1/23/12
- productShure SE215tagged by System, 1/23/12
- productVSONIC GR07tagged by System, 1/23/12
- productYamaha EPH-M100 High-Performance Earphonestagged by System, 1/23/12
Related Forum Threads
- [POLL] Need help deciding on a pair of Mid Range IEMS [100-200 Dollars] Last post on 12/8/12 at 5:52pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Vsonic GR07, Rockit R50, Shure Se215 or Yamaha EPH-100 Last post on 9/6/12 at 6:29am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Newbie IEM suggestion? Last post on 8/1/12 at 7:00am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Brainwavz B2 or Shure se215 Last post on 7/9/12 at 7:29am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Best IEM for $200 or less!! Last post on 7/2/12 at 10:20pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And InformationLast edited: 6/22/16
- Basic Guide To In Ear CanalphonesLast edited: 3/22/12
In-ear headphone recommendations for £100 ($150)
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 71/21/12 at 9:09am
For the price i would suggest these two.
I have the yamahas and they're excellent, and can be found for £80.
There are also the Jvc Fx90 but i can't really comment as i've never heard them.post #3 of 71/21/12 at 9:57am
+1 to Huxley
Bare in mind only Yamaha will give you 2 year workable warranty as the others are imports.
EPH100's are particularly stunning with trance/electro/dance because of there clarity & separation. I find the bass plenty for this type of genre. Not basshead levels but definitely plenty to satisfy most & maybe even too much for some. Also fitting & isolation is excellent making them good for commuters & gym wear. Hard to beat if you are in the UK at £80 delivered with 2 year warranty. £20 spared for a headphone amp if you wished.
Go over & take a look at the EPH100 thread.
You could also consider UE TF10's from amazon sale £110.
They didn't suit my ears though - In fact i couldn't keep them in longer than 10min.
Highs too sharp, mids recessed & poor separation IMO. Going to sell them.
Edited by archy121 - 1/21/12 at 2:50pmpost #4 of 71/21/12 at 1:36pmpost #5 of 71/22/12 at 3:37amThread Starter
After reading the EPH100 thread, I think they might be the ear phone that I will buy. I'm really impressed by the praise they've been getting and look fantastic. Look like Audio affair has them in stock and sold within the UK. I think the other factor is that they have 2 year warranty, and headphones seem to break quite quickly for me! So this is a huge plus. Thanks guyspost #6 of 71/22/12 at 4:12am
Good choice, and being all metal means they should last you a fair while.
For the price there's very little that can touch them, bar the other suggestions i made.
They are a great all rounder, not weak in any area unlike a lot of phones that are out there.
If you do order them, please post your impressions in the thread for us, always nice to hear how people get on with them.post #7 of 71/22/12 at 6:11am
I would personally go for the Triple Fi from Amazon. I love their sound and the level of detail from an IEM for £110 is almost unbelievable! If you enjoy bass then these will definitely be right up you street!Return HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- In-ear headphone recommendations for £100 ($150)
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › AUDIO over IP - REDNET 3 & 16 Review. AES67 Sets A New Standard... 39 seconds ago
- › Brand New : Tralucent Audio Ref.1 Too & original Ref.1 1 minute ago
- › Headphones for metal music - ultimate solution 1 minute ago
- › Tom's Mini-Meet - NC, 6/18/16 2 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser Momentum 2.0 and Wireless! 3 minutes ago
- › Bluetooth Headphones: General suggestions? MEE Matrix2 vs Jabra... 3 minutes ago
- › De'Mun / Bengkel Macro 3 minutes ago
- › Campfire Audio - Introducing 2 new models Hello Andromeda and Nova 4 minutes ago
- › What Are You Listening To Right Now? -New thread, new rules. Please... 5 minutes ago
- › Official Head-Fi Houston Fourth-of-July Weekend Meet: Saturday -... 5 minutes ago
- › XDuoo X3 DSD 24Bit / 192KHz CS4398 Chip Lossless Music Player by Nymphonomaniac
- › Sony MDR-1A Premium Hi-Res Stereo Headphones by fjhuerta
- › Cleer BT Bluetooth Wireless Headphone by moedawg140
- › ZhiYin Z2016 by crabdog
- › InEar StageDiver SD-4 (Small) by twister6
- › Stax SR-202 by snapacap
- › Fidue A65 - Titanium micro dynamic driver IEM by Deftone
- › Venture Electronics (VE) Zen V2 by Aornic
- › Sennheiser HD 558 by Midgetguy
- › Pai Audio MR4 by HiFiChris
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...