Hi, I've been using this forum for a while now but just decieded to join because I wanted some direct advice. I would like some good all round headphones up to £100. prefferable some thing that will play all genres of music since I listen to all genres! This makes it really hard for me to decieded so I've come here for some help :) . My last ear phones were nuforce ne 700 and I really enjoyed there sound, so I'd like something similar. I enjoyed the bass (maybe too much some times) on those headphones but they broke pretty easily. I've also tried the brainwavz m3, but found the bass really lacking, but really I liked their general sound. Is there any in ear headphones that perhaps have a similar sound to the 2 combined? I also enjoy a good soundstage, so I was considering the shures se215 but wasn't sure how they really sound since I haven't tried them. Any advice would be helpful!
- productBrainwavz M3tagged by System, 1/23/12
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 1/23/12
- categoryIn Eartagged by System, 1/23/12
- productJVC HA-FXT90tagged by System, 1/23/12
- productShure SE215tagged by System, 1/23/12
- productVSONIC GR07tagged by System, 1/23/12
- productYamaha EPH-100SL Inner-Ear Headphonetagged by System, 1/23/12
Related Forum Threads
- [POLL] Need help deciding on a pair of Mid Range IEMS [100-200 Dollars] Last post on 12/8/12 at 5:52pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Vsonic GR07, Rockit R50, Shure Se215 or Yamaha EPH-100 Last post on 9/6/12 at 6:29am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Newbie IEM suggestion? Last post on 8/1/12 at 7:00am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Brainwavz B2 or Shure se215 Last post on 7/9/12 at 7:29am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Best IEM for $200 or less!! Last post on 7/2/12 at 10:20pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And InformationLast edited: 5/7/10
- Basic Guide To In Ear CanalphonesLast edited: 3/22/12
Overall Impressions This is a amazingly looking device, it does not matter how you look at it, it is simply a pleasure to look at. That is the first impact that one have once you look at it,...
The Pendulumic Stance S1 is an excellent "bluetooth" headphone. I'm sure there are better sounding "wireless" headphones and at some level believe the category should be divided into wireless and...
First of all, I'd like to thank Cayin for opportunity to review C5. As usual, main review is in Russian, here I'll share mt impressions in brief. There is not so many good portable amps in sub...
Ah, yes. The SE215, quite possibly the most popular entry-level IEM on the market at the moment, and for good reason. These headphones are perfect for any budding audio enthusiast thanks to its...
Shure has definitely outdone themselves with this wonderful product. Never have I experienced more clarity in a pair of IEMs. For someone who listens to alternative rock, pop, and an assorted array...
In-ear headphone recommendations for £100 ($150)
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 71/21/12 at 9:09am
For the price i would suggest these two.
I have the yamahas and they're excellent, and can be found for £80.
There are also the Jvc Fx90 but i can't really comment as i've never heard them.post #3 of 71/21/12 at 9:57am
+1 to Huxley
Bare in mind only Yamaha will give you 2 year workable warranty as the others are imports.
EPH100's are particularly stunning with trance/electro/dance because of there clarity & separation. I find the bass plenty for this type of genre. Not basshead levels but definitely plenty to satisfy most & maybe even too much for some. Also fitting & isolation is excellent making them good for commuters & gym wear. Hard to beat if you are in the UK at £80 delivered with 2 year warranty. £20 spared for a headphone amp if you wished.
Go over & take a look at the EPH100 thread.
You could also consider UE TF10's from amazon sale £110.
They didn't suit my ears though - In fact i couldn't keep them in longer than 10min.
Highs too sharp, mids recessed & poor separation IMO. Going to sell them.
Edited by archy121 - 1/21/12 at 2:50pmpost #4 of 71/21/12 at 1:36pmpost #5 of 71/22/12 at 3:37amThread Starter
After reading the EPH100 thread, I think they might be the ear phone that I will buy. I'm really impressed by the praise they've been getting and look fantastic. Look like Audio affair has them in stock and sold within the UK. I think the other factor is that they have 2 year warranty, and headphones seem to break quite quickly for me! So this is a huge plus. Thanks guyspost #6 of 71/22/12 at 4:12am
Good choice, and being all metal means they should last you a fair while.
For the price there's very little that can touch them, bar the other suggestions i made.
They are a great all rounder, not weak in any area unlike a lot of phones that are out there.
If you do order them, please post your impressions in the thread for us, always nice to hear how people get on with them.post #7 of 71/22/12 at 6:11am
I would personally go for the Triple Fi from Amazon. I love their sound and the level of detail from an IEM for £110 is almost unbelievable! If you enjoy bass then these will definitely be right up you street!Return HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- In-ear headphone recommendations for £100 ($150)
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › Chord Hugo 19 seconds ago
- › Music Game IX 36 seconds ago
- › JDS Labs C5D may be the king of Portable AMP/DACs in its price point. 1 minute ago
- › Band Name Game II 1 minute ago
- › The Stax SR-507 Appreciation Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Sony announces the "Just ear" brand of custom IEMs 4 minutes ago
- › JDS Labs O2 amp silver 5 minutes ago
- › New Audeze "Prototype-Z"! 8 minutes ago
- › Gustard U12 USB Interface 8 Core XMOS chip 10 minutes ago
- › VSONIC GR07 Impressions & Impressions Thread 11 minutes ago
- › Sony PHA-1 Headphone Amp by LeoTheAwesome
- › PENDULUMIC STANCE S1 Wireless Headphones by mpm2433
- › Cayin C5 Portable HIFI Audio Headphone Amplifier by cleg
- › Shure SE215 by Dinerenblanc
- › Shure SE425 Earphone by Dinerenblanc
- › Sony MDR-Z7 by Currawong
- › RHA T10i by Audiophile1811
- › Schiit Valhalla by Willy 2 Streams
- › Sennheiser HD-518 by quajaebisquiti
- › Brainwavz R3 Revised Edition by earfonia
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)