Hi, I've been using this forum for a while now but just decieded to join because I wanted some direct advice. I would like some good all round headphones up to £100. prefferable some thing that will play all genres of music since I listen to all genres! This makes it really hard for me to decieded so I've come here for some help :) . My last ear phones were nuforce ne 700 and I really enjoyed there sound, so I'd like something similar. I enjoyed the bass (maybe too much some times) on those headphones but they broke pretty easily. I've also tried the brainwavz m3, but found the bass really lacking, but really I liked their general sound. Is there any in ear headphones that perhaps have a similar sound to the 2 combined? I also enjoy a good soundstage, so I was considering the shures se215 but wasn't sure how they really sound since I haven't tried them. Any advice would be helpful!
- productBrainwavz M3tagged by System, 1/23/12
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 1/23/12
- categoryIn Eartagged by System, 1/23/12
- productJVC HA-FXT90tagged by System, 1/23/12
- productShure SE215 Cleartagged by System, 1/23/12
- productVSONIC GR07tagged by System, 1/23/12
- productYamaha EPH-100SL Inner-Ear Headphonetagged by System, 1/23/12
Related Forum Threads
- Vsonic GR07, Rockit R50, Shure Se215 or Yamaha EPH-100 Last post on 9/6/12 at 6:29am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Brainwavz B2 or Shure se215 Last post on 7/9/12 at 7:29am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Yamaha EPH-100 or another IEM for <$200? Last post on 9/5/13 at 1:00am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- new to Head-Fi.. trying to decide between Gr07, Gr01, DBA-02, ATH CKM500, FXT90, EPH-100 and... Last post on 6/29/12 at 7:39pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Looking for portable headphones/ earphones/IEM for trip hop/electro music (150$ budget) Last post on 9/16/12 at 4:21am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And InformationLast edited: 5/7/10
- Basic Guide To In Ear CanalphonesLast edited: 3/22/12
I had this earphones for 2 years and I must say, that I was really satisfied with it. With the possibility to change bass you can choose what really fits you and I must say, that the bass was...
A Little Background I currently own Beats Pro and I listen to them on a daily basis. I have previously owned Beats Studios and Beats Solos. I bought all of them from The Source in Ontario and...
*Review to come*
Bought those as a portable go-to set (subway use, airplanes, travelling, etc.) and am so far very pleased. I previously used Etymotic IEM's (ER-4P and HF3) which are known for their clarity and...
http://www.head-fi.org/t/685339/new-akg-flagship-k812-first-impression/120#post_10026763 Now I correct the Google translate - I use http://www.dict.cc/ and my (small) knowledge of English I hope...
In-ear headphone recommendations for £100 ($150)
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 71/21/12 at 9:09am
For the price i would suggest these two.
I have the yamahas and they're excellent, and can be found for £80.
There are also the Jvc Fx90 but i can't really comment as i've never heard them.post #3 of 71/21/12 at 9:57am
+1 to Huxley
Bare in mind only Yamaha will give you 2 year workable warranty as the others are imports.
EPH100's are particularly stunning with trance/electro/dance because of there clarity & separation. I find the bass plenty for this type of genre. Not basshead levels but definitely plenty to satisfy most & maybe even too much for some. Also fitting & isolation is excellent making them good for commuters & gym wear. Hard to beat if you are in the UK at £80 delivered with 2 year warranty. £20 spared for a headphone amp if you wished.
Go over & take a look at the EPH100 thread.
You could also consider UE TF10's from amazon sale £110.
They didn't suit my ears though - In fact i couldn't keep them in longer than 10min.
Highs too sharp, mids recessed & poor separation IMO. Going to sell them.
Edited by archy121 - 1/21/12 at 2:50pmpost #4 of 71/21/12 at 1:36pmpost #5 of 71/22/12 at 3:37amThread Starter
After reading the EPH100 thread, I think they might be the ear phone that I will buy. I'm really impressed by the praise they've been getting and look fantastic. Look like Audio affair has them in stock and sold within the UK. I think the other factor is that they have 2 year warranty, and headphones seem to break quite quickly for me! So this is a huge plus. Thanks guyspost #6 of 71/22/12 at 4:12am
Good choice, and being all metal means they should last you a fair while.
For the price there's very little that can touch them, bar the other suggestions i made.
They are a great all rounder, not weak in any area unlike a lot of phones that are out there.
If you do order them, please post your impressions in the thread for us, always nice to hear how people get on with them.post #7 of 71/22/12 at 6:11am
I would personally go for the Triple Fi from Amazon. I love their sound and the level of detail from an IEM for £110 is almost unbelievable! If you enjoy bass then these will definitely be right up you street!Return HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- In-ear headphone recommendations for £100 ($150)
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › Issues with mobile site on Android 4.4 using Chrome 5 seconds ago
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide: (Updated 9/2/2013: Sony... 20 seconds ago
- › Band Name Game II 45 seconds ago
- › MMX 300 with Asto MixAmp 1 minute ago
- › NEW Vali Schiit AMP!!! 2 minutes ago
- › Shure announcing new SRH1540 in Tokyo today! - Head-Fi TV 3 minutes ago
- › The Fiio X3 Thread. 3 minutes ago
- › **MrSpeakers Mad Dog: Impressions and Discussion Thread** 3 minutes ago
- › The HeadAmp GS-X and GS-X MK2 Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Headphone Sightings 2 3 minutes ago
- › MEElectronics SP51-BK Sound Preference In-Ear Headphone with Sound... by Benik3
- › Beats Studio Over-Ear Headphone (Black) - NEW by JGrignon
- › Logitech UE 6000 by HeretixAevum
- › Shure SE215 Black by starlan
- › AKG K812 by FritzS
- › Schiit Vali by tdockweiler
- › Westone 4R with Removable Cables by Wilderbeast
- › ecp audio L-2 Parafeed Headphone Amplifier by minimus
- › Sennheiser HD 650 Headphones by DrumminD21311
- › FiiO RC-MH1 Headphone Upgrade Cable by SkyBleu
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide by warrenpchi
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Introduction) by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by cristina
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by warrenpchi
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Desktop Amps... by warrenpchi
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Portable... by warrenpchi
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Desktop &... by warrenpchi
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Cables &... by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Wireless... by warrenpchi