Hi, I've been using this forum for a while now but just decieded to join because I wanted some direct advice. I would like some good all round headphones up to £100. prefferable some thing that will play all genres of music since I listen to all genres! This makes it really hard for me to decieded so I've come here for some help :) . My last ear phones were nuforce ne 700 and I really enjoyed there sound, so I'd like something similar. I enjoyed the bass (maybe too much some times) on those headphones but they broke pretty easily. I've also tried the brainwavz m3, but found the bass really lacking, but really I liked their general sound. Is there any in ear headphones that perhaps have a similar sound to the 2 combined? I also enjoy a good soundstage, so I was considering the shures se215 but wasn't sure how they really sound since I haven't tried them. Any advice would be helpful!
- productBrainwavz M3tagged by System, 1/23/12
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 1/23/12
- categoryIn Eartagged by System, 1/23/12
- productJVC HA-FXT90tagged by System, 1/23/12
- productShure SE215tagged by System, 1/23/12
- productVSONIC GR07tagged by System, 1/23/12
- productYamaha EPH-100SL Inner-Ear Headphonetagged by System, 1/23/12
Related Forum Threads
- [POLL] Need help deciding on a pair of Mid Range IEMS [100-200 Dollars] Last post on 12/8/12 at 5:52pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Vsonic GR07, Rockit R50, Shure Se215 or Yamaha EPH-100 Last post on 9/6/12 at 6:29am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Newbie IEM suggestion? Last post on 8/1/12 at 7:00am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Brainwavz B2 or Shure se215 Last post on 7/9/12 at 7:29am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Best IEM for $200 or less!! Last post on 7/2/12 at 10:20pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And InformationLast edited: 5/7/10
- Basic Guide To In Ear CanalphonesLast edited: 3/22/12
Excelllent headphones, coming after ss 9h headset, senn's 429 558 598 and i love these most, i differentiate details better in vocals now, i can say if vocalist is blowing into microphone while...
published on September 22, 2014 (click any photo in this review for a larger version) Intro I first heard about Garage1217's Project Polaris (just "Polaris" from here on out, for the...
Please disregard the sliders on the left hand side, as they are broken. Prefatory Notes: I purchased this product and am therefore not immune to the negative effects of buyer’s remorse...
I bought my RP3 for my headphone set up to enter in the world of vinyl and what a buy! Overall the rega is a very sensitive Turntable however, it awes me everytime I plug it in a play.
I have owned the WA2 for about a year now. I typically listen to Alternative Rock, occasional Rap and some Blues. I am using a Arcam rDac with it and I also have a Rega RP-3 and a Project Phono...
In-ear headphone recommendations for £100 ($150)
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 71/21/12 at 9:09am
For the price i would suggest these two.
I have the yamahas and they're excellent, and can be found for £80.
There are also the Jvc Fx90 but i can't really comment as i've never heard them.post #3 of 71/21/12 at 9:57am
+1 to Huxley
Bare in mind only Yamaha will give you 2 year workable warranty as the others are imports.
EPH100's are particularly stunning with trance/electro/dance because of there clarity & separation. I find the bass plenty for this type of genre. Not basshead levels but definitely plenty to satisfy most & maybe even too much for some. Also fitting & isolation is excellent making them good for commuters & gym wear. Hard to beat if you are in the UK at £80 delivered with 2 year warranty. £20 spared for a headphone amp if you wished.
Go over & take a look at the EPH100 thread.
You could also consider UE TF10's from amazon sale £110.
They didn't suit my ears though - In fact i couldn't keep them in longer than 10min.
Highs too sharp, mids recessed & poor separation IMO. Going to sell them.
Edited by archy121 - 1/21/12 at 2:50pmpost #4 of 71/21/12 at 1:36pmpost #5 of 71/22/12 at 3:37amThread Starter
After reading the EPH100 thread, I think they might be the ear phone that I will buy. I'm really impressed by the praise they've been getting and look fantastic. Look like Audio affair has them in stock and sold within the UK. I think the other factor is that they have 2 year warranty, and headphones seem to break quite quickly for me! So this is a huge plus. Thanks guyspost #6 of 71/22/12 at 4:12am
Good choice, and being all metal means they should last you a fair while.
For the price there's very little that can touch them, bar the other suggestions i made.
They are a great all rounder, not weak in any area unlike a lot of phones that are out there.
If you do order them, please post your impressions in the thread for us, always nice to hear how people get on with them.post #7 of 71/22/12 at 6:11am
I would personally go for the Triple Fi from Amazon. I love their sound and the level of detail from an IEM for £110 is almost unbelievable! If you enjoy bass then these will definitely be right up you street!Return HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- In-ear headphone recommendations for £100 ($150)
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › Grado RS1i Impressions thread 16 seconds ago
- › Pictures of Your Portable Rig (part XVI) 52 seconds ago
- › Sony's new flagship 2014 - MDR-Z7 1 minute ago
- › Destiny 1 minute ago
- › [The Not So] Upcoming Sennheiser Stat & Amp 2 minutes ago
- › Philips Fidelio X2?! 3 minutes ago
- › You are a skilled headphone DIY'er. I have cash. Let us help each... 3 minutes ago
- › Pathos Aurium anyone? 3 minutes ago
- › Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Headphones, IEMs, Amps, DACs) 3 minutes ago
- › Oppo HA-1 Impressions Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Fostex TH 900 by archeryc
- › AKG K 550 by Ufasas
- › Garage1217 Project Polaris by Asr
- › Bose QuietComfort 20i Acoustic Noise Cancelling Headphones by dbdchc
- › Rega RP3 by Nhubley
- › Woo Audio 2 by Nhubley
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by razor5cl
- › Aune M1 Hi-Fi Wav Player by wtnwin111
- › HiFiMAN HE-560 by Armaegis
- › Fidue A83 Reference Class Triple Hybrid IEM by Brooko
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)