Just got my 535s and I am so impressed. Never thought I'd like the Shure sound after I tried the e4c because of the thin bass but these things kick. What is the most similar custom?
Related Forum Threads
- SE535x6 vs JH13, UM Miracle, ES5 Last post on 1/2/14 at 3:53am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Buy Anything at HeadRoom Until Dec. 20 for a FREE Shure SE535! Last post on 12/5/12 at 2:51pm in HeadRoom Premier Sponsor Forum
- About Shure's Nozzle cleaning tool Last post on 9/15/12 at 4:58am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Whats the best Balanced Armature iem you have ever tried? Last post on 6/24/14 at 11:12pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Shure - Very Poor Customer Service in Hong Kong Last post on 8/9/12 at 3:21am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Least bass of the group. But ok on quality. Overall bass is thin and lacks presence. However, it goes quite deep and is articulate. At lowe volumes, bass is even less present. I was not a fan of the bass on these as it lacked in quantity. Compared to the SE535, the UM2 is has less bass quantity and quality. There is really no comparison as the SE535 has plenty of bass and it is articulate and textured.
Bass is there at higher volumes, but still less presence than in the 535s. At low volumes, bass is hard to decipher, especially deep bass. Bass on the W4s is tigher, much like a 8-10 inch woofer, whereas the bass on the 535s is like a 12 inch woofer. Bass on W4s is articulate, but not so articulate in the lower ranges. I found it to have tight and articulate bass most noticeable in the upper range, but found the deep bass to be lacking in presence. SE535 has more deep bass, the deep bass is much more defined, but the upper bass is about the same as on the W4s. 535 has a fuller and wider bass range.
This is a tough one. The bass is hard to pick out on these since the mids are so strong. The bass is bloated at times and lacks a lot in detail. There is a lot of it, it is just not well-presented and when it is there, it drowns details out. However, the upper bass and lower mid range on these is really quite pleasant and articulate. I would say that the upper bass and lower mid range is the defining quality of these. Compared to the SE535s, there is much less deep bass in the IE7s, and bass overall is less articulate in the IE7s.
For another perspective, I totally disagree on UM2. It has plenty of bass and is not "lite" in that area in any way. A very nice full sound. I'd say more than SE535.
JH5 is pretty close to SE535 but JH5 has better treble, deeper bass and overall better frequency response.
- Holy Shure
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › Stax SR-009 Channel Imbalance Trouble / Driver Problem? 33 seconds ago
- › TOPPING NX1 Portable Headphone Amplifier Impressions Thread 38 seconds ago
- › FiiO X5 firmware 2.20 download and discussion 39 seconds ago
- › Weird Sennheiser Urbanite Ad 48 seconds ago
- › V-MODA Crossfade M-100 vs Audio-Technica ATH-M50x 1 minute ago
- › Replacing the screen on a Walkman? 2 minutes ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 2 minutes ago
- › Havi B3 Pro-1 Impressions Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Trickle Chargers 4 minutes ago
- › New custom IEM company - Custom Art: discussion, review, and... 5 minutes ago
- › Violectric HPA V281 by saxelrod92
- › Yamaha EPH-100SL Inner-Ear Headphone by lumberjake
- › Schiit Audio Ragnarok by goldendarko
- › Ultimate Ears UE9000 Noise-Cancelling Wireless Headphones by SennsAsian
- › Crystal by MEElectronics In-Ear Headphones with Microphone Made... by indieman
- › Fidue A31s by djvkool
- › Blox BE3 by subwoof3r
- › Apple EarPods with Remote and Mic by donniefalcone
- › PCM-M10 Portable Digital Recorder by THD plus N
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by JoeDoe
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)