Just got my 535s and I am so impressed. Never thought I'd like the Shure sound after I tried the e4c because of the thin bass but these things kick. What is the most similar custom?
Related Forum Threads
- SE535x6 vs JH13, UM Miracle, ES5 Last post on 1/2/14 at 3:53am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Buy Anything at HeadRoom Until Dec. 20 for a FREE Shure SE535! Last post on 12/5/12 at 2:51pm in HeadRoom Premier Sponsor Forum
- About Shure's Nozzle cleaning tool Last post on 9/15/12 at 4:58am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Whats the best Balanced Armature iem you have ever tried? Last post on 11/10/14 at 12:54am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Shure - Very Poor Customer Service in Hong Kong Last post on 8/9/12 at 3:21am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Have been listening to my new iCAN Micro for couple weeks now. Before that I use the headphone output directly out of my iDSD Micro. First of all i just want to say that iDSD Micro is great....
A little background before I start. I'm 16 years old and I slowly began to become addicted to fine, audiophile-quality headphones. I remember the first time I heard beats at an apple store. I...
The Major 6 was one of the older models in chord&Major's lineup that has been revamped into the Major 6'13, inline with the Tonal Earphone series design principles. While it looks identical to the...
REMEMBER! No elitists aloud here. Headphones are objects with personality! The richest people can enjoy the cheapest headphone just because it provides the sound he's looking for, has the highs...
xDuoo X2 : Watch out Sansa! This review is a part of the review tour organised by Hifinage in India. I'd like to thank them for giving me the opportunity to be on the tour. And more...
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Least bass of the group. But ok on quality. Overall bass is thin and lacks presence. However, it goes quite deep and is articulate. At lowe volumes, bass is even less present. I was not a fan of the bass on these as it lacked in quantity. Compared to the SE535, the UM2 is has less bass quantity and quality. There is really no comparison as the SE535 has plenty of bass and it is articulate and textured.
Bass is there at higher volumes, but still less presence than in the 535s. At low volumes, bass is hard to decipher, especially deep bass. Bass on the W4s is tigher, much like a 8-10 inch woofer, whereas the bass on the 535s is like a 12 inch woofer. Bass on W4s is articulate, but not so articulate in the lower ranges. I found it to have tight and articulate bass most noticeable in the upper range, but found the deep bass to be lacking in presence. SE535 has more deep bass, the deep bass is much more defined, but the upper bass is about the same as on the W4s. 535 has a fuller and wider bass range.
This is a tough one. The bass is hard to pick out on these since the mids are so strong. The bass is bloated at times and lacks a lot in detail. There is a lot of it, it is just not well-presented and when it is there, it drowns details out. However, the upper bass and lower mid range on these is really quite pleasant and articulate. I would say that the upper bass and lower mid range is the defining quality of these. Compared to the SE535s, there is much less deep bass in the IE7s, and bass overall is less articulate in the IE7s.
For another perspective, I totally disagree on UM2. It has plenty of bass and is not "lite" in that area in any way. A very nice full sound. I'd say more than SE535.
JH5 is pretty close to SE535 but JH5 has better treble, deeper bass and overall better frequency response.
- Holy Shure
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › Double Helix Cables Appreciation Thread 1 second ago
- › My DIY electrostatic headphones 1 minute ago
- › The All new FiiO X1, 192K/24B, PCM5142 DAC and 100mW output with LO... 2 minutes ago
- › Best classical recordings...ever! 2 minutes ago
- › Lets Talk Metal 4 minutes ago
- › Seattle Spring Meet at BottleHeadquarters 4/25/2015 4 minutes ago
- › Vmoda Crossfade LP, Why all the bad reviews? 4 minutes ago
- › Woo Audio Amp Owner Unite 5 minutes ago
- › The ALL NEW Hifiman HE1000 "The Can that Can" sans Rolex Thread 5 minutes ago
- › SONY NWZ-A10 Series 6 minutes ago
- › iFi iCAN headphone amplifier by blankdisc
- › HiFiMAN HE-400i by JohnPham
- › Chord&Major Major6'13 "Ballad" by kalbee
- › Audio Technica ATH-M2X Mid-size open-back headphones by ahnvx
- › xDuoo X2 by getclikinagas
- › Bowers & Wilkins P7 by De1taE1even
- › Sennheiser MOMENTUM by De1taE1even
- › Audio-Technica ATH-M50 Studio Monitor Headphones by iitime
- › Beyerdynamic DT 770 Pro-80 Closed Studio Headphones by De1taE1even
- › Skullcandy Aviator Headphone Black, One Size by cs098
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2