Just got my 535s and I am so impressed. Never thought I'd like the Shure sound after I tried the e4c because of the thin bass but these things kick. What is the most similar custom?
Related Forum Threads
- SE535x6 vs JH13, UM Miracle, ES5 Last post on 1/2/14 at 3:53am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Buy Anything at HeadRoom Until Dec. 20 for a FREE Shure SE535! Last post on 12/5/12 at 2:51pm in HeadRoom Premier Sponsor Forum
- About Shure's Nozzle cleaning tool Last post on 9/15/12 at 4:58am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Whats the best Balanced Armature iem you have ever tried? Last post on 5/14/15 at 2:28pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Shure - Very Poor Customer Service in Hong Kong Last post on 8/9/12 at 3:21am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Suprisingly, this cheap in ear jlab sounded good enough for me to come here and get into better sound.
Ah, the WA7 "Fireflies" from Woo Audio. As stunning to behold as it is to hear! This is my first piece of amp/DAC kit that retails for over $1k and well, I'd be lying if I didn't admit that I think...
Many thanks to Venture Electronics for the VE Monk review sample! Product website: http://eng.52ve.cn/product.php?cm_id=205 I haven't been using earbud for quite a long time since my...
INTRODUCTION: The Havit H91DJ is a budget over-ear headphone with a warm signature. Sound quality is very impressive considering the low cost. The value of these headphones is quite high,...
Intro: SoundFoundations, is a company which manufactures accessories like racks, stands, and vibration control & custom cables. It is based in India. SoundFoundations is known in India for...
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Least bass of the group. But ok on quality. Overall bass is thin and lacks presence. However, it goes quite deep and is articulate. At lowe volumes, bass is even less present. I was not a fan of the bass on these as it lacked in quantity. Compared to the SE535, the UM2 is has less bass quantity and quality. There is really no comparison as the SE535 has plenty of bass and it is articulate and textured.
Bass is there at higher volumes, but still less presence than in the 535s. At low volumes, bass is hard to decipher, especially deep bass. Bass on the W4s is tigher, much like a 8-10 inch woofer, whereas the bass on the 535s is like a 12 inch woofer. Bass on W4s is articulate, but not so articulate in the lower ranges. I found it to have tight and articulate bass most noticeable in the upper range, but found the deep bass to be lacking in presence. SE535 has more deep bass, the deep bass is much more defined, but the upper bass is about the same as on the W4s. 535 has a fuller and wider bass range.
This is a tough one. The bass is hard to pick out on these since the mids are so strong. The bass is bloated at times and lacks a lot in detail. There is a lot of it, it is just not well-presented and when it is there, it drowns details out. However, the upper bass and lower mid range on these is really quite pleasant and articulate. I would say that the upper bass and lower mid range is the defining quality of these. Compared to the SE535s, there is much less deep bass in the IE7s, and bass overall is less articulate in the IE7s.
For another perspective, I totally disagree on UM2. It has plenty of bass and is not "lite" in that area in any way. A very nice full sound. I'd say more than SE535.
JH5 is pretty close to SE535 but JH5 has better treble, deeper bass and overall better frequency response.
- Holy Shure
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › Sennheiser Momentum 2.0 and Wireless! 1 minute ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 1 minute ago
- › Feliks Audio Elise Tube Rolling Guide 6SN7/6AS7G/6080/5998 2 minutes ago
- › SONY NWZ-A10 Series 2 minutes ago
- › Aurisonics Impressions, Reviews & Discussions Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Music Game IX 3 minutes ago
- › Cowon Plenue P1 3 minutes ago
- › New Audio-gd DAC-19 [10th Anniversary Edition] 3 minutes ago
- › Cayin N5 DAP - Product Info, Discussion and Tour Link 4 minutes ago
- › JH Audio Angie Impressions and Discussion Thread 4 minutes ago
- › JLab JBuds NEON Metal In-Ear Earbuds with Universal Mic for iPhone... by Zantrill
- › WooAudio WA7 Fireflies by JoeDoe
- › Venture Electronics (VE) Monk by earfonia
- › HAVIT® HV-H91DJ Professional Stereo Studio Dj Series Headphones... by Vividcard
- › SoundFoundations Barracuda PowerMax Elite by YoYo JoKeR
- › Pro-Ject Audio - Hear it One - Audiophile stereo headphone - Black by ForShure
- › DUNU DN-2000J by HiFiChris
- › MEElectronics A151 2nd Generation by HiFiChris
- › Sound Blaster E5 - 24-bit/192kHz High-Resolution USB DAC &... by hakushondaimao
- › Creative T4W 2.1 Wireless Bluetooth Speaker System by BloodyPenguin
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2