Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › Sexiest headphones.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Sexiest headphones. - Page 5

post #61 of 136
Quote:
Originally Posted by MuppetFace View Post

Beauty is a transcendental that is not encompassed by the term "sexy," and they are not synonymous with one another. Something that is sexy can be beautiful as well, but not necessarily. Just like the act of sex itself: sex can involve love and be an expression of love, but not necessarily.

 

And just because something that is sexy isn't beautiful doesn't mean that it's ugly. That is to say, "not beautiful" isn't necessarily "ugly." Something can have a certain magnetism and one can lust or desire something without finding it beautiful.


Beauty is a more generalized term that encompass a whole range of aspects. Sexy is more specific and personal. I find most women beautiful in various ways but only specific women are particularly sexy to me. A woman can also be very sexy but not particularly beautiful. Or a woman can be very beautiful but not particularly sexy to me.

 

post #62 of 136
Quote:
Originally Posted by AzraelDarkangel View Post


Beauty is a more generalized term that encompass a whole range of aspects. Sexy is more specific and personal. I find most women beautiful in various ways but only specific women are particularly sexy to me. A woman can also be very sexy but not particularly beautiful. Or a woman can be very beautiful but not particularly sexy to me.

 


How can beauty encompass sexy if you can find a woman sexy but not beautiful? If sexy is contained within the scope of beauty, then sexy would always be a type of beauty.

 

My point was that they are related but not one-in-the-same. One does not contain the other.

 


Edited by MuppetFace - 1/23/12 at 10:48am
post #63 of 136
Quote:
Originally Posted by MuppetFace View Post


How can beauty encompass sexy if you can find a woman sexy but not beautiful? If sexy is contained within the scope of beauty, then sexy would always be a type of beauty.

 

My point was that they are related but not one-in-the-same. One does not contain the other.

 


I never claimed that one had to encompass the other, just that beauty is more general and sexy more specific. Although one could look at it from the viewpoint that sexy is a type of beautiful, however that may not always be the case but is also dependent on how one personally defines beauty and sexy. Beauty is more commonly defined as any sort of pleasing visual aesthetic, which can mean many different things to different people. Now if we view sexy as something that inspires lust and therefore the desire for sex, that is more particular to each individual. But since we can describe objects as sexy or lustful than this means there are certain elements unrelated to sexual desire contained within the concept of "sexy". Unless there are also subconscious sexual ques contained within certain patterns of shapes and colors of certain objects that could explain our concept of lust or view of sexy as it pertains to objects...but that is a more significant debate that delves deep into psychology, best left to another time/place.

 

post #64 of 136

The exotic ebony princess, presented traditionally on red satin, her refined highness ATH-W5000, wins the contest hands down I would think:

ath_w5000.jpg

Plus each princess is unique, since never are the stripes in the ebony the same. Audio-Technica claimed that the density difference in the wood between the darker stripes and the lighter stripes gives the W5000 its unique acoustic properties; are we to understand that in fact each W5000 has a unique sound signature?!

post #65 of 136

IMAGINE THAT OMGGZZZ

post #66 of 136
Quote:
Originally Posted by the wizard of oz View Post

The exotic ebony princess, presented traditionally on red satin, her refined highness ATH-W5000, wins the contest hands down I would think:

ath_w5000.jpg

Plus each princess is unique, since never are the stripes in the ebony the same. Audio-Technica claimed that the density difference in the wood between the darker stripes and the lighter stripes gives the W5000 its unique acoustic properties; are we to understand that in fact each W5000 has a unique sound signature?!

Is better looking, I think:

 

1322535665.jpg
 

 

post #67 of 136
  • Wood or metal Grados, maybe not the GS1000 or PS1000. My personal favorite is the HF2, probably one reason why I haven't sold mine yet.
  • Audeze LCD-2. The LCD-3 looks cool too, but I prefer the brown wood and black leather.
  • Hifiman headphones in piano black
  • Sennheiser HD650
  • Stax SR-007 (mk1) and SR-009 (gonna give the edge to the SR-007, love the gold)
post #68 of 136

I agree..modded grados are extremely wonderful! The HD800's are gorgeous too. 

post #69 of 136
Quote:
Originally Posted by AzraelDarkangel View Post

Is better looking, I think:

 

1322535665.jpg
 

 


Lets call it a tie. Between the redheadphones & the ebonyphones in red satin armor, it is hard to choose. Both ooze a plentiful of sexiness.

 

Gee, this thread is reintroducing in my mind the desire of owning both the W5000 and the W3000ANV some day...


Edited by the wizard of oz - 1/24/12 at 1:28am
post #70 of 136

nope gotta be a clear cut winner :). ANyway, yeah some of the Grado mods that people have done on this site blow me away. Astounding levels of creativity to say the least.

post #71 of 136
Thread Starter 

Just picked up the V-MODA Crossfade Lp2's. They look amazing and sound great!


Edited by Slashed - 1/25/12 at 12:08pm
post #72 of 136

Regarding the TMA-1s, they've been nominated for an industrial design award by The Design Museum in London. So some people certainly find them beautiful. redface.gif

 

See: http://aiaiai.dk/blog/the-design-museum-nominates-the-tma-1

post #73 of 136

I think Wooden Grado's are sexy. RS2i over RS1i though, prefer the shorter cup length.

 

Same with the wooden Denons 5k/7k. very sexy xD

 

I think the man-hole cover on the Audez'e LCD series ruins it for me.

 

basically usually im a sucker for wood ;)

 

Qualia q010 are beautiful... but dont have that warm personal look that makes them sexy. kinda like a girl who knows she is beautiful and cold in personality because of that.

^ a lot of the futuristic looking headphones are like this; HD 800/700, ED8, the higher end beyerdyamics to name a few. (okay i have always found the T1 pretty XD)

post #74 of 136

im liking the look of the akg k99's.

 

I think im just attracted to shiny items :)

post #75 of 136

I think a lot of AKG's are really sexy too, have the whole vintage look of em' with the modern day functionality. 

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › Sexiest headphones.