Recent Images In This Thread
- productAudio Technica ATH-W3000ANVtagged by nightmancometh, 9/26/13
- productGrado RS1tagged by nightmancometh, 9/26/13
- categoryOn Eartagged by nightmancometh, 9/26/13
- categoryOver Eartagged by nightmancometh, 9/26/13
- productSony MDR1-Q010 Qualia 010tagged by nightmancometh, 9/26/13
- productSony MDR-XB500 40mm XB Diaphragm Driver Extra Bass Headphonestagged by nightmancometh, 9/26/13
Related Forum Threads
- Good first headphones Last post on 6/3/11 at 12:10pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Best on or around ear headphones for iPhone and digital piano Last post on 11/26/12 at 5:38pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Best over/on-ear headphones for iPhone? Last post on 11/4/12 at 11:27am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Portable Headphones, On-ear vs over-ear and how much should one spend? etc... Last post on 9/20/12 at 8:14am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Best over-ear/on-ear portable headphones for around $100US Last post on 9/13/12 at 8:37am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 8/19/13
Coming from Tascam US-144 to Audio GD .. Here is the story. A few years ago I discovered the magic world of listening to headphones. The reason for that is the ease of computer hifi. I...
I will first start by declaring that I'm no audiophile, and that this is just a review coming from an average consumer. I know a lot of you will facepalm by my review, but I will post it...
The CAL! 2 is a big improvement over the first version. Creative brands this as a "premium headphone" on the box, but is it? First thing I noticed was the soundstage. It's MUCH better than...
As nicely explained by Victor in his review of the same CIEM, this is the previous flagship model from FitEar. In fact, unless you are married to the emphasised bass of the MH335DW, this would...
First of all, I am not a audiofile with several pairs of $1,000 headphones. I am more of a casual listener but I do like good sound. This is also my first review on head-fi so give me some feedback...
Sexiest headphones. - Page 8
Gear mentioned in this thread:
I agree. There is always something immediately pleasing about curves, circles and spheres, and this design has all three elements. It’s simultaneously organic and futuristic. It looks as if it’s carved from a single piece of material and there isn’t a right angle or straight line on it.
This design simply invites the eye to follow its contours and explore its form.
If Mother Nature ever decides to made a headphone, it would look like this.
I assume the phones & watch are a set because it's hard to believe he made two separate ugly purchases........................well maybe not that hard.
i think i first joined this forum to find out more about GRADO HF-1s and SONY MDR R10S... thus i find those the sexiest.... i always thought that darth beyers and other woodied customs w/ beautiful custom silver or clear copper cables looked absolutely amazing....
I think AKG consistently puts out good looking headphones. Even the cheapo K 44s look pretty good. The black/gold K 240s are pure class in a world of generic chrome gadgets. The K701s are very old-school and mechanical looking, like something you would see one your parent's top shelf as a kid and go "Ooo" and instantly start climbing to grab it and see what it does. It looks professional and hi-fi, like a mixerboard with a zillion knobs. Classy and powerful at the same time.
Beats are the ugliest to me. I hate "sleek" technology. I want to see the mechanics. I want Lamborghini Countach/Trans Am headphones with random stuff sticking out everywhere, not PT Cruiser headphones (Beats). I want them to look like something I would be wearing in an '80s science fiction movie with my stillsuit. AKG and a couple other brands have got that nailed.
Beats on the other hand take the "Apple" approach to technology aesthetics; just wrap everything in smooth, barren plastic so it doesn't clash with your shoes. It's like having a room in your house with a single profound beanbag laying in the middle and nothing else. God, I hate minimalism.
I guess it's the difference between people who like Rembrandt (depth, light, shadow, ultra-immersion) and people who like Rothko (giant square).
Edited by machoboy - 8/23/12 at 7:09pm
- Sexiest headphones.
- › Lets Talk Metal 1 minute ago
- › WESTONE 3 IMPRESSIONS AND APPRECIATION THREAD 1 minute ago
- › BeyerDynamic owners unite... 1 minute ago
- › NEW Vali Schiit AMP!!! 2 minutes ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 3 minutes ago
- › Grado Bushmills X - Grado's first closed-back headphone? 3 minutes ago
- › Audio-Technica ATH-AD2000 Discussion (and Appreciation) Thread! 5 minutes ago
- › Starving Student PCB's 5 minutes ago
- › Grado Fan Club! 6 minutes ago
- › My amp has audible intermodulation distortion. Any solution? 6 minutes ago
- › Audio-gd Master 9 Preamp & Headphone amp by staalf
- › Sennheiser Momentum by commodent
- › Creative Aurvana Live! 2 Headset with 40mm Drivers and In-Line Mic... by Quaresma
- › FitEar Private C435 Custom In-Ear Monitors by Kiats
- › Monster iSport LIVESTRONG® In-Ear Headphones by Bassbanger101
- › Sennheiser HD 560 Ovation by Beeferer
- › Philips S2BK/28 Fidelio In-Ear Headsets by Antilochos
- › VSONIC VSD1S by IEMagnet01
- › Bowers & Wilkins P7 by eightbitpotion
- › NuForce Icon uDAC-2 (Black) USB DAC (24bit/96kHz) and Headphone... by jshaffe
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Introduction) by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by skehoe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by cristina
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Desktop Amps... by warrenpchi
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Portable... by warrenpchi
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Desktop &... by warrenpchi