So I was planning on upgrading from my RE-Zeros and I was considering the SM3 Earsonics because of what I've heard about them but the thing is, I live in a place where there's no dedicated headphone stores or anything of the sort so I have not heard any of the headphones I am considering. I am also considering the CK10s, UM3x, Westone 4's and the MDR-EX1000. If it matters, I am running on a cowon J3 with no amp and mostly listen to rock. All help and advice is appreciated!
- productAudio-Technica ATH-CK10 Portable In-Ear Headphonestagged by System, 1/20/12
- productEarSonics SM3 Universal Fit IEMtagged by System, 1/20/12
- productHEAD-DIRECT RE ZEROtagged by System, 1/20/12
- categoryIn Eartagged by System, 1/20/12
- productSony MDR EX1000tagged by System, 1/20/12
- productWestone 4 True-Fit Earphonestagged by System, 1/20/12
Related Forum Threads
- Sennheiser IE80s vs. Utimate Ears UE900? Last post on 10/7/12 at 7:37pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- WICH IEM HAS THE FLATTEST SOUND SIGNATURE.. Last post on 12/29/13 at 11:22pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Upgrade recommendations from Westone 4? Last post on 6/13/13 at 3:05am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Best IEM for $300? Last post on 7/31/12 at 10:13pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Earsonic SM3 alternative? Last post on 8/20/12 at 7:00pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And Information
Last edited: 5/7/10
- Basic Guide To In Ear CanalphonesLast edited: 3/22/12
INTRODUCTION First of all, a big THANK YOU to Michael Lin from FIDUE for providing the review unit. It is much appreciated, and my humble ears are feeling so incredibly honoured to be included...
Some people may remember my Mrice E100 review which tells about being the best 2014 earbud king ? … with Blox BE3 .. you can forget that ! welcome to the new earbud that comes from another world...
Hi people. I have owned a pair of these earphones for over a year now, and this is what I think about them. I am a beginner reviewer so please, have some understanding. Also, English is not my...
Hello out there, this is a recorder, yes, a digital recorder - not one of those midget-screen playback gimmicks. In the hands of the ambitious recording enthusiast, it turns to an universal tool,...
The new S5 from Brainwavz will certainly please most casual listeners. It's sleek design, tangle-proof flat capable, and pop-ready sound signature certainly justify it's price - not to mention...
- Basic Guide To In Ear Canalphones
SM3 Universal or.....?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
The SM3 have a very different sound sig than the Zero. The CK10, W4, and EX1000 are the three best fits from your list with the EX1000 probably being the closest in sound. Check out |joker|s review thread.
Well, the headphones I'm looking for are ones that have very good mids and highs as I don't care too much about the bass as long as it doesn't bleed into the higher ranges. The RE-Zeros are quite bass sufficient for me and I feel like if it was just a bit higher, that'd be fine. I'm just looking for a headphone that can get me very good voice and guitar reproduction. Of the headphones other than the sm3, which would say can do that as I've heard that the SM3's have "veiled" highs.
- SM3 Universal or.....?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 4 seconds ago
- › Best looking tube amp 22 seconds ago
- › **MrSpeakers Mad Dog: Impressions and Discussion Thread** 54 seconds ago
- › Tralucent Audio Ref 1 IEM 1 minute ago
- › post your grado mods.... 1 minute ago
- › Band Name Game II 2 minutes ago
- › Toronto Winter Meet 2 minutes ago
- › iPhone 6 with 128GB 2 minutes ago
- › New JH Audio flagship! "Siren Series Roxanne" 3 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD800 Certificate for Frequency Response Arrived 5 minutes ago
- › Fidue A31s by djvkool
- › Blox BE3 by subwoof3r
- › Apple EarPods with Remote and Mic by donniefalcone
- › PCM-M10 Portable Digital Recorder by THD plus N
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by JoeDoe
- › Superlux HD-668 B by donniefalcone
- › HiFiMAN HM-901 by piksnz
- › OPPO BDP-105 Universal Audiophile 3D Blu-ray Player by professor825
- › Monster Turbine Pro Copper In-Ear Headphones by TurbinePro
- › Audio-Technica ATH-M50x by SMLeaves
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)