So I was planning on upgrading from my RE-Zeros and I was considering the SM3 Earsonics because of what I've heard about them but the thing is, I live in a place where there's no dedicated headphone stores or anything of the sort so I have not heard any of the headphones I am considering. I am also considering the CK10s, UM3x, Westone 4's and the MDR-EX1000. If it matters, I am running on a cowon J3 with no amp and mostly listen to rock. All help and advice is appreciated!
- productAudio-Technica ATH-CK10 Portable In-Ear Headphonestagged by System, 1/20/12
- productEarSonics SM3 Universal Fit IEMtagged by System, 1/20/12
- productHEAD-DIRECT RE ZEROtagged by System, 1/20/12
- categoryIn Eartagged by System, 1/20/12
- productSony MDR EX1000tagged by System, 1/20/12
- productWestone 4 True-Fit Earphonestagged by System, 1/20/12
Related Forum Threads
- Sennheiser IE80s vs. Utimate Ears UE900? Last post on 10/7/12 at 7:37pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- WICH IEM HAS THE FLATTEST SOUND SIGNATURE.. Last post on 12/29/14 at 8:36am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Upgrade recommendations from Westone 4? Last post on 6/13/13 at 3:05am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Best IEM for $300? Last post on 7/31/12 at 10:13pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Earsonic SM3 alternative? Last post on 8/20/12 at 7:00pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And Information
Last edited: 5/7/10
- Basic Guide To In Ear CanalphonesLast edited: 3/22/12
very detailed build, sound is smooth and rich
- Basic Guide To In Ear Canalphones
SM3 Universal or.....?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
The SM3 have a very different sound sig than the Zero. The CK10, W4, and EX1000 are the three best fits from your list with the EX1000 probably being the closest in sound. Check out |joker|s review thread.
Well, the headphones I'm looking for are ones that have very good mids and highs as I don't care too much about the bass as long as it doesn't bleed into the higher ranges. The RE-Zeros are quite bass sufficient for me and I feel like if it was just a bit higher, that'd be fine. I'm just looking for a headphone that can get me very good voice and guitar reproduction. Of the headphones other than the sm3, which would say can do that as I've heard that the SM3's have "veiled" highs.
- SM3 Universal or.....?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › SONY NWZ-A10 Series 43 seconds ago
- › 4TH PRICE DROP $550 NEED TO SELL FAST MAKE OFFERS Heavily Modded... 48 seconds ago
- › Dubstep Girl's Massive 5AR4/5R4/5U4G Rectifier Review/Comparison!... 1 minute ago
- › Dunu TITAN 1 -- Titanium-Coated Diaphragm "Half In-Ear" Earphones 3 minutes ago
- › New Audio Technica Woodies: ATH-W1000Z announced 3 minutes ago
- › Introducing Lotoo PAW Gold 3 minutes ago
- › Noble Audio - the Wizard returns! 3 minutes ago
- › Music Game IX 5 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD650 Impressions Thread 5 minutes ago
- › Band Name Game II 5 minutes ago
- › MartinLogan Mikros 90 Reference On-Ear Headphones by remwang
- › SoundMAGIC E50 / E50S by mark2410
- › Cayin N6 PCM1792A chip DSD lossless music player by hakushondaimao
- › Brainwavz BLU-100 Bluetooth IEMs by kova4a
- › Grado Labs SR80e by SeraphSolus
- › EarSonics Velvet by LMka
- › Audio-Technica In-Ear Headphones ATH-CKR9 (Japan Import) by peter123
- › Ultimate Ears super.fi 3 Studio - Headphones ( in-ear ear-bud ) -... by Lewzke
- › FiiO X3 2nd gen Ultraportable Hi-Res DAP by chowmein83
- › Alclair Curve by Brooko
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2