So I was planning on upgrading from my RE-Zeros and I was considering the SM3 Earsonics because of what I've heard about them but the thing is, I live in a place where there's no dedicated headphone stores or anything of the sort so I have not heard any of the headphones I am considering. I am also considering the CK10s, UM3x, Westone 4's and the MDR-EX1000. If it matters, I am running on a cowon J3 with no amp and mostly listen to rock. All help and advice is appreciated!
- productAudio-Technica ATH-CK10 Portable In-Ear Headphonestagged by System, 1/20/12
- productEarSonics SM3 Universal Fit IEMtagged by System, 1/20/12
- productHEAD-DIRECT RE ZEROtagged by System, 1/20/12
- categoryIn Eartagged by System, 1/20/12
- productSony MDR EX1000tagged by System, 1/20/12
- productWestone 4 True-Fit Earphonestagged by System, 1/20/12
Related Forum Threads
- Sennheiser IE80s vs. Utimate Ears UE900? Last post on 10/7/12 at 7:37pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- WICH IEM HAS THE FLATTEST SOUND SIGNATURE.. Last post on 4/25/16 at 8:58am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Upgrade recommendations from Westone 4? Last post on 6/13/13 at 3:05am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Best IEM for $300? Last post on 7/31/12 at 10:13pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Earsonic SM3 alternative? Last post on 8/20/12 at 7:00pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 11/28/16
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And InformationLast edited: 6/22/16
- Basic Guide To In Ear CanalphonesLast edited: 3/22/12
Lately it seems that almost every week there are new (or at least unheard of by most) companies releasing new DAPs (Digital Audio Players). This is great for the consumer because more products...
Vibro Labs - Maya Review November 2016 ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Firstly a thanks to Ejong7 & Luke Pighetti @ Vibro labs for...
The Tri-Vista 21 was a limited edition DAC sold in late 2004, early 2005. It was massively overbuilt - great power supply and output stage, and ran extremely long life 5703 milspec tubes, which are...
This headphone has a quite good sound quality for its price. Its sound is very clear, the mids and highs are well detailled. The bass is tight but some recordings sound lacking bass. It needed a...
Gratitude and greetings go out to RHA Team and @Glassmonkey - thank you so much for giving me the...
SM3 Universal or.....?post #1 of 41/20/12 at 2:30pmThread Starter
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 41/20/12 at 3:49pmThread Starterpost #3 of 41/20/12 at 11:18pm
The SM3 have a very different sound sig than the Zero. The CK10, W4, and EX1000 are the three best fits from your list with the EX1000 probably being the closest in sound. Check out |joker|s review thread.post #4 of 41/21/12 at 1:21pmThread Starter
Well, the headphones I'm looking for are ones that have very good mids and highs as I don't care too much about the bass as long as it doesn't bleed into the higher ranges. The RE-Zeros are quite bass sufficient for me and I feel like if it was just a bit higher, that'd be fine. I'm just looking for a headphone that can get me very good voice and guitar reproduction. Of the headphones other than the sm3, which would say can do that as I've heard that the SM3's have "veiled" highs.Return HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- SM3 Universal or.....?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And Information
- › thebit Opus#1 DAP from South Korea 7 seconds ago
- › Anything happening in North or South Carolina? 39 seconds ago
- › Cowon Plenue P1 53 seconds ago
- › New Matrix Audio X-Server info (and a bit about the X-Sabre 2 as well) 1 minute ago
- › New launch - iFi audio iDEFENDER3.0 1 minute ago
- › Audeze LCD-4 1 minute ago
- › Cayin i5 Lossless Android DAP with AKM4490 DAC supporting 32/384... 1 minute ago
- › "The Lab" 1 minute ago
- › What the $^&# heck is it?.........iFi iEMatch! 3 minutes ago
- › The Fiio A5 thread: an upgrade of E12A, MUSES02+LME49600, 800mW,... 3 minutes ago
- › NiNTAUS X10 HiFi Lossless Music Player by crabdog
- › Vibro Labs Maya quad armature in-ear monitors by FortisFlyer75
- › Musical Fidelity Tri-Vista 21 DAC by davehg
- › AKG K 420 Foldable Mini Headphone - Blue by Johannus
- › RHA Dacamp L1 by Takeanidea
- › MEElectronics Air-Fi AF32 Stereo Bluetooth Wireless Headphones with... by e07015
- › Brainwavz M100 IEM Noise Isolating Earphones with Remote &... by dnun8086
- › FiiO X1-II High Resolution Lossless Music Player (2nd Generation)... by MentalDraco
- › Klipsch R6m Black In Ear Headphone by 1mctous
- › ampsandsound Kenzie Headphone Amplifier by Smazz
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear