So I was planning on upgrading from my RE-Zeros and I was considering the SM3 Earsonics because of what I've heard about them but the thing is, I live in a place where there's no dedicated headphone stores or anything of the sort so I have not heard any of the headphones I am considering. I am also considering the CK10s, UM3x, Westone 4's and the MDR-EX1000. If it matters, I am running on a cowon J3 with no amp and mostly listen to rock. All help and advice is appreciated!
- productAudio-Technica ATH-CK10 Portable In-Ear Headphonestagged by System, 1/20/12
- productEarSonics SM3 Universal Fit IEMtagged by System, 1/20/12
- productHEAD-DIRECT RE ZEROtagged by System, 1/20/12
- categoryIn Eartagged by System, 1/20/12
- productSony MDR EX1000tagged by System, 1/20/12
- productWestone 4 True-Fit Earphonestagged by System, 1/20/12
Related Forum Threads
- Sennheiser IE80s vs. Utimate Ears UE900? Last post on 10/7/12 at 7:37pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- WICH IEM HAS THE FLATTEST SOUND SIGNATURE.. Last post on 4/25/16 at 8:58am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Upgrade recommendations from Westone 4? Last post on 6/13/13 at 3:05am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Best IEM for $300? Last post on 7/31/12 at 10:13pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Earsonic SM3 alternative? Last post on 8/20/12 at 7:00pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 11/28/16
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And InformationLast edited: 6/22/16
- Basic Guide To In Ear CanalphonesLast edited: 3/22/12
Dynamic headphones by the primarily planar producing HiFiman, very good value(especially if you live in america). Detailed and strong treble, decent mids and midbass yet a little light on lower...
Confusingly, I think Sennheiser is rebranding the Momentum In-Ear (M2 IEi) headphones as HD 1 In-Ear – specifications and appearance are identical. I bought these when my Klipsch S4i started...
For larger views of any of the photos (1200 x 800) - please click on the individual imagesINTRODUCTIONEvery so often as a reviewer you get a surprise – something not quite expected. Sometimes its...
Hello, This is my first review on Head-Fi, or anywhere else for that matter. I will not go through the normal paces of creating a review based on the set pattern of product history, build and...
The detail, imaging, and sound-staging are accurate and bring your headphones the neutral platform they need in order to perform the way their engineers intended. The DAC is the high point of...
SM3 Universal or.....?post #1 of 41/20/12 at 2:30pmThread Starter
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 41/20/12 at 3:49pmThread Starterpost #3 of 41/20/12 at 11:18pm
The SM3 have a very different sound sig than the Zero. The CK10, W4, and EX1000 are the three best fits from your list with the EX1000 probably being the closest in sound. Check out |joker|s review thread.post #4 of 41/21/12 at 1:21pmThread Starter
Well, the headphones I'm looking for are ones that have very good mids and highs as I don't care too much about the bass as long as it doesn't bleed into the higher ranges. The RE-Zeros are quite bass sufficient for me and I feel like if it was just a bit higher, that'd be fine. I'm just looking for a headphone that can get me very good voice and guitar reproduction. Of the headphones other than the sm3, which would say can do that as I've heard that the SM3's have "veiled" highs.Return HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- SM3 Universal or.....?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And Information
- › Knowledge Zenith (KZ) impressions thread 5 seconds ago
- › PSB M4U 1 vs B&O Beoplay H6 33 seconds ago
- › Oriolus Hybrid IEM 35 seconds ago
- › SONY NW-ZX2 DAP 2 minutes ago
- › Gustard X20pro DAC (ES9028Pro) 2 minutes ago
- › AirPods 2 minutes ago
- › Trinity Audio Engineering - What the future holds 3 minutes ago
- › The Official Sony MDR-Z1R Flagship Headphone Thread (Live From IFA... 3 minutes ago
- › ATTICUS and EIKON, the new dynamic driver headphones from ZMF 4 minutes ago
- › Schiit Jotunheim Review / Preview - Head-Fi TV 5 minutes ago
- › Massdrop x HIFIMAN HE350 by machielsste
- › Sennheiser Momentum In Ear (iOS version) - Black Chrome by HiWire
- › Fiio F1 Dynamic In-ear Monitors by Brooko
- › ENIGMAcoustics Dharma D1000 by geoffalter11
- › Emotiva Stealth DC-1 | Balanced 24/192 Fully Differential DAC by audiobean
- › Sennheiser HD 380 PRO Headphones by Dobrescu George
- › ADV.Sound EVO X by B9Scrambler
- › HiLisening MaGaosi Newest High end Detachable Design K3 In-Ear HiFi... by TwinACStacks
- › Sennheiser HD 650 Headphones by SOULSIK
- › Brainwavz B200 by earfonia
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear