Years ago I had some Shure E4cs and returned them promptly for lack of bass and that tinny sound dreaded by bassheads. I purchased some UE SuperFi5EBs and never looked back. Until I progressed from the EBs to Westone 3s, and now find myself longing for more clarity. So, I just ordered a set of Shure SE535s with renewed hopes of finding something that I missed when I had the E4cs. I am hopeful that my matured sense of bass presence coupled with the higher-end IEM will let me enjoy the Shure sound, but still worry that I will be disappointed. I listen to mostly rap. Does anyone have any words of encouragement as I try them out?
- categoryIn Eartagged by System, 1/20/12
- productSennheiser IE 8 In-Ear Headphonestagged by System, 1/20/12
- brandShuretagged by System, 1/20/12
- productShure E4c Sound Isolating Earphonestagged by System, 1/20/12
- productUltimate Ears Super.fi 5 EB Earphones (White)tagged by System, 1/20/12
- productWestone 3 True-Fit Earphonestagged by System, 1/20/12
Related Forum Threads
- Lost my IE8s, what should I buy to replace them? Last post on 3/11/11 at 9:24pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- An Attempt at a Review of the Fidelity Triples Last post on 8/25/11 at 2:33pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- I require fun, fun, FUN! Last post on 10/12/12 at 7:38pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Looking for some great bass IEMS + great build quality Last post on 7/27/12 at 4:04am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- What next after TripleFi 10s? Any recs? Last post on 6/11/12 at 5:29pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And Information
Last edited: 5/7/10
- Basic Guide To In Ear CanalphonesLast edited: 3/22/12
Just some brief notes and impressions. Nice compact form. The little rubber cone feet are useless though and start wearing out. Surprisingly lightweight (the power supply is in the "wall wart"...
After starting to review a few IEM's in the past week I decided to slip these babies back into my ears as a reference point for the other IEM's. After doing so for a few minutes I realized these...
I am going to just stick with a written review for this little gem as others have already done an admirable job of photographing this IEM and all of it's accessories in all their glory. When my...
I was looking for an excellent universal IEM with multiple drivers to fit my portable listening needs. Ideally, I would have my beloved LCD-2's in a portable package. I have become addicted to the...
For larger views of any of the photos (1200 x 800) - please click on the individual images PREAMBLE Brainwavz is a now well established manufacturer of headphones in the value for money...
- Basic Guide To In Ear Canalphones
Gear mentioned in this thread:
The SE535 is definitely not an earphone I would recommend for rap. It has less bass than the Westone 3. I think you will be happier with the IE8 (I heard it about a year ago, but I have a pair arriving in the next couple of days).
I second this. I don't listen to much rap in particular, but some.
535s are super clear (no pun) and deliver plenty of bass. They also fit me 100 times better than the IE8s.
- Shure, revisited
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › PM-1 vs HE-6 ..... 8 seconds ago
- › = HiFiMAN HE-560 Impressions & Discussion Thread = 20 seconds ago
- › Music Game IX 28 seconds ago
- › Binaural Sound Demonstration 31 seconds ago
- › The Best Bass Headphones are.. ( "The EXTREME BASS Club") 1 minute ago
- › Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Headphones, IEMs, Amps, DACs) 2 minutes ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 4 minutes ago
- › Schiit we'd like to see 4 minutes ago
- › V-MODA M-100: Discussion/Feedback, Reviews, Pics, etc. 6 minutes ago
- › Introduction and Request of Assistance 6 minutes ago
- › Wadia 121 Decoding Computer Digital to Analog Converter by Armaegis
- › AKG X323XS by dweaver
- › ROCK JAW ALFA GENUS by dweaver
- › Shure SE535LTD RED by hardbop
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by Brooko
- › PSB M4U 2 Noise Canceling headphones by Mr_Owlow
- › VSONIC VSD3S Black High Fidelity Professional Quality Stereo... by squallkiercosa
- › Eclipse TD-M1 by HideousPride
- › OSTRY KC06 High Fidelity Stereo Inner-Ear Earphones by twister6
- › beyerdynamic DT 880 Premium Headphones by Xyrium
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Wireless Headphones)