Years ago I had some Shure E4cs and returned them promptly for lack of bass and that tinny sound dreaded by bassheads. I purchased some UE SuperFi5EBs and never looked back. Until I progressed from the EBs to Westone 3s, and now find myself longing for more clarity. So, I just ordered a set of Shure SE535s with renewed hopes of finding something that I missed when I had the E4cs. I am hopeful that my matured sense of bass presence coupled with the higher-end IEM will let me enjoy the Shure sound, but still worry that I will be disappointed. I listen to mostly rap. Does anyone have any words of encouragement as I try them out?
- categoryIn Eartagged by System, 1/20/12
- productSennheiser IE 8 In-Ear Headphonestagged by System, 1/20/12
- brandShuretagged by System, 1/20/12
- productShure E4c Sound Isolating Earphonestagged by System, 1/20/12
- productUltimate Ears Super.fi 5 EB Earphones (White)tagged by System, 1/20/12
- productWestone 3 True-Fit Earphonestagged by System, 1/20/12
Related Forum Threads
- Lost my IE8s, what should I buy to replace them? Last post on 3/11/11 at 9:24pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- An Attempt at a Review of the Fidelity Triples Last post on 8/25/11 at 2:33pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- I require fun, fun, FUN! Last post on 10/12/12 at 7:38pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Looking for some great bass IEMS + great build quality Last post on 7/27/12 at 4:04am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- What next after TripleFi 10s? Any recs? Last post on 6/11/12 at 5:29pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And Information
Last edited: 5/7/10
- Basic Guide To In Ear CanalphonesLast edited: 3/22/12
First, a big thanks to Todd The Vinyl Junkie for making the 'e' series loaner program possible. To the next guy in line: sorry I kept them for so long. The very first pair of 'high-end'...
A big thanks to TekFusion for sending the TwinWoofer in for review and Ibrahim for taking the photo shots! TekFusion is a brand new fresh company based in India. Targeted for consumer...
I enjoy these headphones very much. A beautiful sound, clear and natural with a tight bass. I am a bit surprised such small cans can sounds so good. The wood finish might not suit everyone, but...
INTRODUCTION Build quality is excellent. This is my second headphone review.M40x is a recent release from Audio Technica,it is a...
PACKAGING : Earphones cames with a nice little box and 2 pair of white foamies (1 pair of donut and 1 pair of classic covered). I’m always using donuts one since it provides some slightly more...
- Basic Guide To In Ear Canalphones
Gear mentioned in this thread:
The SE535 is definitely not an earphone I would recommend for rap. It has less bass than the Westone 3. I think you will be happier with the IE8 (I heard it about a year ago, but I have a pair arriving in the next couple of days).
I second this. I don't listen to much rap in particular, but some.
535s are super clear (no pun) and deliver plenty of bass. They also fit me 100 times better than the IE8s.
- Shure, revisited
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › 2359glenn | studio 23 seconds ago
- › Pictures of Your Portable Rig (part XVI) 1 minute ago
- › What book are you reading right now? 1 minute ago
- › The (new) HD800 Impressions Thread 2 minutes ago
- › VSonic GR07 Bass Edition Impressions 2 minutes ago
- › The Takstar, Technical Pro, Gemini Greathon Thread 2 minutes ago
- › DITA - The Answer (Truth Edition). 3 minutes ago
- › Vape-Fi 3 minutes ago
- › Toxic Cables - Impressions and Discussion Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Dac for home use with sony Amplifier and pc-laptop 4 minutes ago
- › Grado Labs SR225e by yage
- › Tekfusion Twinwoofers by BillsonChang007
- › ATH-ESW10JPN by bluelines
- › Audio-Technica ATH-M40x Professional Headphones by krishtrinity1
- › Baldoor EarBell E100 by subwoof3r
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by lin0003
- › FiiO Kilimanjaro 2 (E11K) Portable Headphone Amplifier by twister6
- › Audio Technica Sonic Fuel ATH-CKX9iS In-ear Headphones with In-line... by TheAfterEffect
- › Tralucent Audio Ref 1 by eke2k6
- › ASUS Essence III by 00lunar
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)