Years ago I had some Shure E4cs and returned them promptly for lack of bass and that tinny sound dreaded by bassheads. I purchased some UE SuperFi5EBs and never looked back. Until I progressed from the EBs to Westone 3s, and now find myself longing for more clarity. So, I just ordered a set of Shure SE535s with renewed hopes of finding something that I missed when I had the E4cs. I am hopeful that my matured sense of bass presence coupled with the higher-end IEM will let me enjoy the Shure sound, but still worry that I will be disappointed. I listen to mostly rap. Does anyone have any words of encouragement as I try them out?
- categoryIn Eartagged by System, 1/20/12
- productSennheiser IE 8 In-Ear Headphonestagged by System, 1/20/12
- brandShuretagged by System, 1/20/12
- productShure E4c Sound Isolating Earphonestagged by System, 1/20/12
- productUltimate Ears Super.fi 5 EB Earphones (White)tagged by System, 1/20/12
- productWestone 3 True-Fit Earphonestagged by System, 1/20/12
Related Forum Threads
- Lost my IE8s, what should I buy to replace them? Last post on 3/11/11 at 9:24pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- An Attempt at a Review of the Fidelity Triples Last post on 8/25/11 at 2:33pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- I require fun, fun, FUN! Last post on 10/12/12 at 7:38pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Looking for some great bass IEMS + great build quality Last post on 7/27/12 at 4:04am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- What next after TripleFi 10s? Any recs? Last post on 6/11/12 at 5:29pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 11/28/16
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And InformationLast edited: 6/22/16
- Basic Guide To In Ear CanalphonesLast edited: 3/22/12
[[SPOILER]] Manufacturer: iFi AudioModel: micro iDAC2Price: $349 at amazon.com Volume Control: Precision analogue volume control knob.Power Connector: USB A, USB BBattery Life: N/AInputs: 1x USB...
[[SPOILER]] Manufacturer: HRT Model: microStreamer Price: $169 at amazon.com Volume Control: Digitally-activated analog attenuator, no volume control on unit itself.Power Connector: USB, mini...
[[SPOILER]] Manufacturer: iFi AudioModel: micro iDSDPrice: $499 at musicdirect.com Volume Control: Precision analogue volume control knob (On/Off)Power Connector: USB 3.0 Male, USB 3.0...
[[SPOILER]] Manufacturer: Chord Electronics Limited U.K.Model: MojoPrice: $599 at moon-audio.com Volume Control: One “+” and one “-” volume ball button.Power Connector: USB, Micro BBattery Life:...
*This review comes from my Portable Amp / Dac Shootout.Posted as a reference for users. For the full review, see: [[SPOILER]] Manufacturer: Resonessence LabsModel: CONCERO HPPrice: $850...
Shure, revisitedpost #1 of 41/19/12 at 5:58pmThread Starter
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 41/19/12 at 10:28pm
The SE535 is definitely not an earphone I would recommend for rap. It has less bass than the Westone 3. I think you will be happier with the IE8 (I heard it about a year ago, but I have a pair arriving in the next couple of days).post #3 of 41/21/12 at 6:29amThread Starterpost #4 of 41/21/12 at 6:35amQuote:
I second this. I don't listen to much rap in particular, but some.
535s are super clear (no pun) and deliver plenty of bass. They also fit me 100 times better than the IE8s.Return HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Shure, revisited
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And Information
- › DX200 Details, features and specifications 1st page. With WiFi and... 36 seconds ago
- › Introducing a high quality Bluetooth "Wireless" cable from LEAR! 2 minutes ago
- › The Official Sony TA-ZH1ES Hi-Res Headphone Amplifier (Live From... 4 minutes ago
- › Official X7 beta firmware (Android 5.1) download and discussion... 5 minutes ago
- › Audeze iSINE 10 & iSINE 20: Audeze releases two new IEM planar... 5 minutes ago
- › New iRiver AK70 6 minutes ago
- › Hifiman he-400i Impressions and Discussion 6 minutes ago
- › Venture Electronics (VE) Monk & Monk Plus: a $5 earbud that taking... 6 minutes ago
- › New Member Introductions thread 7 minutes ago
- › Earbuds Round-Up 7 minutes ago
- › SONY digital audio player Walkman NW-WM1Z N (Gold) by Whitigir
- › iFi Micro iDAC2 USB DAC/HP Amp by Sil3nce
- › HRT - MicroStreamer - High Performance External USB Soundcard and... by Sil3nce
- › iFi Audio micro iDSD by Sil3nce
- › Chord MoJo by Sil3nce
- › Resonessence Labs Concero HP by Sil3nce
- › Focal Elear by ngoshawk
- › FiiO X5 High-res Portable Music Player by GhostPhantom
- › ampsandsound Kenzie Headphone Amplifier by ngoshawk
- › Superlux HD-668 B by snapacap
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear