I have the Aristaeus on order and I'm wondering whether it's OK to position the amp section directly on top of the PSU ?
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Headamp Pico Power Impressions Thread Last post on 5/16/13 at 12:45am in Portable Headphone Amps
- HeadAmp Audio Electronics now at HeadRoom Last post on 1/30/13 at 6:46pm in Sponsor Announcements and Deals
- HeadAmp Headphone Demos (Audeze, HiFiMAN, Stax) -- sign up now Last post on Today at 4:04 am in Sponsor Announcements and Deals
- My Headphone Amp Design!!! Last post on 2/28/13 at 10:29am in DIY (Do-It-Yourself) Discussions
- HeadAmp appreciation thread Last post on 1/31/13 at 2:33pm in Members' Lounge (General Discussion)
The JVC HA M750's were my first "real" pair of headphones. Previously, I had just used iPod headphones and cheap 10 dollar headphones from my local grocery store. As such, I was very impressed by...
Introduction The ASG-2 is Aurisonics' second (official) foray into the world of iems. The guys over at Aurisonics cater primarily to the music professional crowd, and their products are...
My opinions Sound The sound produced by the HD558 is rich, a bit light, and isn't bloated with bass which is a good thing. It has a crisp treble and punchy bass, very great...
Introduction In the past 2 years VentureCraft has been successfully creating amps and DAC/Amp packaged components with their GD-03, Go-DAP 4.0 for iPhone 4(s), and Go-DAP X for their...
HeadAmp Aristaeus Electrostatic Amp - build thread - Page 7
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
you can, it doesnt create any heat issues, but the noise level will increase because of the transformer's field. you can mitigate this by using something to keep a gap of at least a few inches between the PSU and amp
I'm asking this because next year I'm considering getting from you the GS-X providing you can do it with a silver faceplate + matt black enclosure, and on the audio rack I've had made the only way I could put the GS-X on would be to have the Aristaeus's amp + PSU on the same shelf, however I might be able to put the Aristaeus's PSU on top of both units of the GS-X if that's possible, or would doing that cause any noise problems to the GS-X ?
Justin, for my needs regarding a dynamic headphone amp, it'll be the GS-1 I'll be ordering when I'm ready not the GS-X. I'd still like it with a silver faceplate + matt black enclosure but I'll sort that out when I'm placing an order.
The finished enclosure parts for the final batch of Aristaeus amps have arrived, so these are closer to being ready to ship
Bottom panels, feet attached, laser engraved for grounding
gentlemen, just some questions:
- It is mentioned in this thread the Electra and Electra SE. What are the difference between those 2 Eddy Current designs ?
- Also, I do not understand the difference between the Aristaeus and the Blue Hawaii ? They are very close in price, so do they have a different positioning ou usage ?
The answers to both are likely on the forums somewhere if you search, but I will chime in on the second question since I can't comment on the first question.
The Aristaeus is Justin's take on the Sennheiser HEV90 amplifier (which is out of production). The BHSE is a design by Kevin Gilmore which has been slightly tweaked by Justin and KG for offering only through HeadAmp. Specific opinions will differ about the benefits and drawbacks of both. General opinions though seem to be the Aristaeus offers a sweet, more tube-like sound where the BHSE is regarded to be more neutral. Which is better for you is dependent upon your preferences and what source equipment you use and which headphones you will be using them with. I have an Aristaeus, and adore it.
Because I planned to have both the Aristaeus's amp & PSU on the top shelf of my audio rack which was made from drawing I did, I asked Justin if it was possible to place the amp section directly on top of the PSU and Justin said doing that would probably cause noise.
So the photos are of a small rack I had made to separate both the Aristaeus's units. [ The small rack was made from the same place that did my main audio rack ]
The green coloured cardboard is 10" by 10" which I believe is the size of the Aristaeus and the isolation cones are for the Aristaeus's spiked feet.
All the audio equipment I have and what I'm getting apart from my source, have and will have matt black enclosures with silver faceplates to which I've asked for the same with the Aristaeus, my source which is showing in two of the photos is all silver.
Edited by David1961 - 12/7/12 at 11:46am
What is the current status of the Aristaeus amp? Are all the batch sold? If so, plans for another batch?
Or should I wait until one of these folks with both Aristaeus and BHSE finish their evaluation, and see if any Aristaeus amp are being sold?
He actually sold it. The 009 gave this amp a new lease on life. previously it was aimed mostly at the HE90, which is hard to come by.
Was looking more for the second version, and was wondering what the list was looking like.
they will be available early next year. all the enclosures are done. just need more circuit boards which i will have time to get once the next batch of BHSE and GS-X v2 are more complete
- HeadAmp Aristaeus Electrostatic Amp - build thread
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- Pros:“Good across the frequency range, Live Sounding, Full ”“Exciting, bold sound with great bass, engaging mids, and mostly smooth highs, ”
- Pros:“Great sounding, comfortable, reasonable price”“Great sound, Looks like a piece of art, Great soundstage”
- › Newbie Help: DAP and SD cards 14 seconds ago
- › Assistance needed in choosing a portable headphone 15 seconds ago
- › Little Dot MK III with Tube Upgrade & Tube Dampeners "Sale Pending" 1 minute ago
- › Ultrasone Fan Club! (Roll Call) 1 minute ago
- › Songs that make your headphone WOOOOOW!!! 1 minute ago
- › Why the Beats Hate? 2 minutes ago
- › Bottlehead Crack with Upgrades 2 minutes ago
- › For Sale - V-Moda Crossfade LP Gunmetal 3 minutes ago
- › IEM A FEW MOMENTS WILL GO A LONG WAY 4 minutes ago
- › Show us your Head-Fi station at it's current state. No old... 4 minutes ago
- › Kozee Sound Solutions Infinity X2 by Insight Reviews
- › JVC HA M750 by tinamou62
- › Aurisonics ASG-2 by eke2k6
- › Sennheiser HD-558 by Tr1ckster
- › Go-Dap DD Socket1 (DD/DA Converter) for iPhone & iPod... by AnakChan
- › Philips SHL5905BK/28 CitiScape Uptown by Marleybob217
- › AKG K 550 by a_recording
- › HiFiMAN RE-400 by a_recording
- › Sony XBA-40/N Gold | Quad Balanced Armature In-Ear Headphones... by a_recording
- › Sony XBA-4SL by a_recording
- › Syncing music and making playlists work with... by Currawong
- › Mac OS X Music Players - alternatives to iTunes by miceblue
- › STAX SR-007 (Omega II) ... A Review After 4... by Currawong
- › List of lossless and high-res music (FLAC,... by ffivaz
- › Beware of the following scams and people... by Currawong
- › Sennheiser 449 Mod Possibly 4 8 Mod by hernan604
- › 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Computer Audio) by joe
- › 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Portable... by joe
- › 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Desktop Audio) by joe
- › 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Headphone... by joe