I have the Aristaeus on order and I'm wondering whether it's OK to position the amp section directly on top of the PSU ?
Recent Images In This Thread
- brandHeadAmptagged by System, 1/16/12
Related Forum Threads
- Headamp to receiver? Last post on 12/14/13 at 11:19am in Headphones (full-size)
- Headamp Pico Unsampling DAC serial# 099 (Black) Last post on 12/8/13 at 12:22pm in Source Components For Sale / Trade
- New lower prices on STAX headphones / amplifiers, and Whiplash cables Last post on 3/18/14 at 2:11am in Sponsor Announcements and Deals
- Headamp Pico Power Impressions Thread Last post on 6/19/15 at 8:19am in Portable Headphone Amps
- HeadAmp Audio Electronics now at HeadRoom Last post on 1/30/13 at 6:46pm in Sponsor Announcements and Deals
Before I start my review, I would like to Thank SoundMagic for providing me with a review sample in exchange for my honest opinion. If you live in US, they are currently available at a...
*A sample of the IEM500 was provided to me in return for my honest review* - Photos taken by, me.- One of the funniest things is when a company writes all these outlandish claims with their...
Me: I am an amateur musician & avid admirer of music from India. I would like to call myself a music enthusiast, rather than an audiophile. I was inspired by music since childhood, and as the...
These headphones are not for a true audiophile person. If you just want to watch movies on YouTube and talk with your friends on Skype - they will do the job for you. But if you want to enjoy your...
Introduction The Fidue A65 is in quite of an interesting place. It's in the budget range that has a lot of great contenders, but in it's defence it brings a Titanium micro dynamic driver, and with...
HeadAmp Aristaeus Electrostatic Amp - build thread - Page 7
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
you can, it doesnt create any heat issues, but the noise level will increase because of the transformer's field. you can mitigate this by using something to keep a gap of at least a few inches between the PSU and amp
I'm asking this because next year I'm considering getting from you the GS-X providing you can do it with a silver faceplate + matt black enclosure, and on the audio rack I've had made the only way I could put the GS-X on would be to have the Aristaeus's amp + PSU on the same shelf, however I might be able to put the Aristaeus's PSU on top of both units of the GS-X if that's possible, or would doing that cause any noise problems to the GS-X ?
Justin, for my needs regarding a dynamic headphone amp, it'll be the GS-1 I'll be ordering when I'm ready not the GS-X. I'd still like it with a silver faceplate + matt black enclosure but I'll sort that out when I'm placing an order.
The finished enclosure parts for the final batch of Aristaeus amps have arrived, so these are closer to being ready to ship
Bottom panels, feet attached, laser engraved for grounding
gentlemen, just some questions:
- It is mentioned in this thread the Electra and Electra SE. What are the difference between those 2 Eddy Current designs ?
- Also, I do not understand the difference between the Aristaeus and the Blue Hawaii ? They are very close in price, so do they have a different positioning ou usage ?
The answers to both are likely on the forums somewhere if you search, but I will chime in on the second question since I can't comment on the first question.
The Aristaeus is Justin's take on the Sennheiser HEV90 amplifier (which is out of production). The BHSE is a design by Kevin Gilmore which has been slightly tweaked by Justin and KG for offering only through HeadAmp. Specific opinions will differ about the benefits and drawbacks of both. General opinions though seem to be the Aristaeus offers a sweet, more tube-like sound where the BHSE is regarded to be more neutral. Which is better for you is dependent upon your preferences and what source equipment you use and which headphones you will be using them with. I have an Aristaeus, and adore it.
Because I planned to have both the Aristaeus's amp & PSU on the top shelf of my audio rack which was made from drawing I did, I asked Justin if it was possible to place the amp section directly on top of the PSU and Justin said doing that would probably cause noise.
So the photos are of a small rack I had made to separate both the Aristaeus's units. [ The small rack was made from the same place that did my main audio rack ]
The green coloured cardboard is 10" by 10" which I believe is the size of the Aristaeus and the isolation cones are for the Aristaeus's spiked feet.
All the audio equipment I have and what I'm getting apart from my source, have and will have matt black enclosures with silver faceplates to which I've asked for the same with the Aristaeus, my source which is showing in two of the photos is all silver.
Edited by David1961 - 12/7/12 at 11:46am
What is the current status of the Aristaeus amp? Are all the batch sold? If so, plans for another batch?
Or should I wait until one of these folks with both Aristaeus and BHSE finish their evaluation, and see if any Aristaeus amp are being sold?
He actually sold it. The 009 gave this amp a new lease on life. previously it was aimed mostly at the HE90, which is hard to come by.
Was looking more for the second version, and was wondering what the list was looking like.
they will be available early next year. all the enclosures are done. just need more circuit boards which i will have time to get once the next batch of BHSE and GS-X v2 are more complete
But my query is, can both a Senn and Stax headphone be listened to at the same time with the Aristaeus ?
- HeadAmp Aristaeus Electrostatic Amp - build thread
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- › Noble Audio - the Wizard returns! 19 seconds ago
- › Ocharaku Donguri RAKU 1 minute ago
- › Oppo PM-3 : The Portable Planar - Impressions 2 minutes ago
- › If you still love Etymotic ER4, this is the thread for you... 6 minutes ago
- › [REVIEW] Aurisonics ASG-2 & 2.5 (with many comparisons) 6 minutes ago
- › Project Ember Review 7 minutes ago
- › Can Con 5 impressions/review. 7 minutes ago
- › HiFiman HE-500 (HE as in High End) Proving to be an enjoyable... 9 minutes ago
- › post your grado mods.... 10 minutes ago
- › IEMs Under $1000, Good bass, isolation and could fall asleep with... 11 minutes ago
- › Soundmagic E80 in-ear monitor headphone by twister6
- › Puro Sound Labs - IEM500 Earphones by BloodyPenguin
- › Matrix M-Stage by YoYo JoKeR
- › Sony MDR-XD100 Stereo Headphones by Dokins
- › Fidue A65 - Titanium micro dynamic driver IEM by DJScope
- › Astell&Kern AK10 Portable Hi-Fi Audio DAC Headphone amplifer... by Hawaiibadboy
- › iClever® IC-BTH01 Lightweight Wireless Bluetooth 4.0 Sports... by acain
- › Cayin Spark C5 DAC Portable USB DAC + Headphone Amplifier by Cotnijoe
- › Aune B1 by Peter West
- › JVC HAM55X High Quality Xtreme-Xplosvs Headphones by biggbenn74
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)