First amp is up and running. I am working on various electrical/build quality improvements from the original version before I start working on the rest of them.
Recent Images In This Thread
- brandHeadAmptagged by System, 1/16/12
Related Forum Threads
- Headamp to receiver? Last post on 12/14/13 at 11:19am in Headphones (full-size)
- Headamp Pico Unsampling DAC serial# 099 (Black) Last post on 12/8/13 at 12:22pm in Source Components For Sale / Trade
- New lower prices on STAX headphones / amplifiers, and Whiplash cables Last post on 3/18/14 at 2:11am in Sponsor Announcements and Deals
- Headamp Pico Power Impressions Thread Last post on 2/20/15 at 6:01am in Portable Headphone Amps
- HeadAmp Audio Electronics now at HeadRoom Last post on 1/30/13 at 6:46pm in Sponsor Announcements and Deals
These are also known as the monoprice 8323's. I have these for nearly 2 years. I bought them a few months after my faithfull 8323's. Pros - for the price they deliver the highest quality...
Let me start this review with some information about the company that made these headphones, Philips. The company that invented the CD, the first radio etc. As a Dutch guy, I'm very connected with...
I'll start off by saying I am by no means an audiophile, just a kid with some money and a passion for music. These headphones, as far as I can tell, have more prominent mids than most...
Let me just say one thing up front: if you have any complaints about the speed or the bass extension of these headphones, you need a better headphone amp. /endofdiscussion The HD600s will take the...
Sound is neutral with a slight mid bass tilt. Highs and lows are well extended. Sound stage is large for an iem. The bass has some impact without being boomy. The treble is clear without...
HeadAmp Aristaeus Electrostatic Amp - build thread - Page 2
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
I am working on various electrical/build quality improvements from the original version before I start working on the rest of them.
@Justin Thanks for the good news.
Heard that there is a lot of improvement from the original Aristaeus
Can't wait for my unit (the third?)
Aristaeus is alive, just going over improvements to wiring and grounding
Possible changes to grounding/filaments, working on testing that now
The points on each panel that allow the whole box to be grounded when screwed together were laser engraved instead of dremeled, which is more precise
Bottom of the box is also now polished instead of matte
Screws on all the panels are now countersunk
Same umbilical cable as BHSE
PSU transformer screw black instead of white
Bowl counterbores on the panels for LEDs
PSU front panel now laser engraved too
Flanges milled into front panels for improved chassis rigidity
Ventilation holes put into the rings around the base of the tubes
All rings now the same height
Tube installation pattern laser engraved into back panel, shows what the tubes are
"The aristeaus looks better on the scope than any electrostatic amp ive built"
This information brings a lot of smile on my face and it's worth the long waiting
Dear Justin, Thanks for the update and the beautiful Aristaeus that we will have
What is the difference between the Alps Blue Potentiometer vs Dact Attenuator?
The Alps Blue is a pretty budget pot. I would *definitely* look for something better in such a high end amp.
Would you suggest the Alps RK50? Are they still available? I have heard that they are out of stock because of high demand.
This is a very small amp, the Alps RK50 is too large. The amp was designed to fit either the Alps Blue or DACT stepped attenuator.
no way youll fit an rk50 in there
I am happy with what Justin suggests the best for Aristaeus
I can go with either the Alps Blue Velvet or DACT volume attenuator , which are better?
Edited by kiertijai - 2/19/12 at 8:50pm
The DACT will offer better sonics over a blue velvet in ANY amp
- HeadAmp Aristaeus Electrostatic Amp - build thread
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- › Sennheiser Momentum 2.0 and Wireless! 4 seconds ago
- › Chord Hugo 5 seconds ago
- › Schiit Owners Unite 15 seconds ago
- › How to know when using a stereo amplifier is better (or worse) than... 28 seconds ago
- › Humming/Buzzing from turntable... 30 seconds ago
- › SONY NWZ-A10 Series 34 seconds ago
- › Sennheiser HD 600 Impressions Thread 46 seconds ago
- › Review: Resonessence Labs Invicta - new high end DAC/amp/playback... 1 minute ago
- › VSonic GR06 finally broke, looking for upgrade suggestions 1 minute ago
- › Magni2 Uber, Asgard 2 or whatever amp for my Sennheiser HD598? 1 minute ago
- › Monoprice MHP-839 by engineerd3d
- › Philips Fidelio X2 by D-TECH
- › Audio-Technica AIR Dynamic Headphones ATH-AD900X by NineRedTools
- › Sennheiser HD 600 by rjm003
- › Miles Davis Trumpet High Performance In-ear Headphones by Merfolk
- › Dunu TITAN 1 — titanium-coated diaphragm earphones by Niyologist
- › Goldring DR100 High Fidelity Stereo Headphones by interpolate
- › thinksound rain2 Wooden In-Ear Headphone (Gunmetal Chocolate) by Delance26
- › AudioMinor Headphone Cables by Baycode
- › Etymotic Research Isolator MK5 Noise-Isolating In-Ear Earphones by eyal1983
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3