First amp is up and running. I am working on various electrical/build quality improvements from the original version before I start working on the rest of them.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Headamp Pico Power Impressions Thread Last post on Today at 12:49 am in Portable Headphone Amps
- HeadAmp Audio Electronics now at HeadRoom Last post on 1/30/13 at 6:46pm in Sponsor Announcements and Deals
- HeadAmp Headphone Demos (Audeze, Fostex, HiFiMAN, Sennheiser, Stax) -- sign up now Last post on Today at 1:37 am in Sponsor Announcements and Deals
- My Headphone Amp Design!!! Last post on 2/28/13 at 10:29am in DIY (Do-It-Yourself) Discussions
- HeadAmp appreciation thread Last post on 1/31/13 at 2:33pm in Members' Lounge (General Discussion)
The Creative Aurvana Live! solved a major problem for me—how to listen to good audio while walking the dog at night. I live near a commercial and bar district in Center City, Philadelphia and I'm...
Okay..well this is my first review..if you may call it so..hence any,,amatuerish mistakes be forgiven..here we go.. So i saved some money(i'm always short of it) for the Vsonic gr02 be..after...
I used to be sure that I am not a basshead. My favorite IEMs for the longest time were RE-0, my favorite headphones were (and still are) various variations of ATH "sweet treble" sound signature,...
It's exactly what it says it is. I've tried some pretty incredibly expensive DAPs - Honestly, in my opinion, a lot of them just add colouration, or EQ, or look pretty. Some of them do perform...
Jazz sounds real good on these. Classic music sounds pretty clear, like when the violin is playing and stuff. Vocals sound pretty good. 80's sound vibrant. dubstep/hardstyle, sounds...
HeadAmp Aristaeus Electrostatic Amp - build thread - Page 2
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
I am working on various electrical/build quality improvements from the original version before I start working on the rest of them.
@Justin Thanks for the good news.
Heard that there is a lot of improvement from the original Aristaeus
Can't wait for my unit (the third?)
Aristaeus is alive, just going over improvements to wiring and grounding
Possible changes to grounding/filaments, working on testing that now
The points on each panel that allow the whole box to be grounded when screwed together were laser engraved instead of dremeled, which is more precise
Bottom of the box is also now polished instead of matte
Screws on all the panels are now countersunk
Same umbilical cable as BHSE
PSU transformer screw black instead of white
Bowl counterbores on the panels for LEDs
PSU front panel now laser engraved too
Flanges milled into front panels for improved chassis rigidity
Ventilation holes put into the rings around the base of the tubes
All rings now the same height
Tube installation pattern laser engraved into back panel, shows what the tubes are
"The aristeaus looks better on the scope than any electrostatic amp ive built"
This information brings a lot of smile on my face and it's worth the long waiting
Dear Justin, Thanks for the update and the beautiful Aristaeus that we will have
What is the difference between the Alps Blue Potentiometer vs Dact Attenuator?
The Alps Blue is a pretty budget pot. I would *definitely* look for something better in such a high end amp.
Would you suggest the Alps RK50? Are they still available? I have heard that they are out of stock because of high demand.
This is a very small amp, the Alps RK50 is too large. The amp was designed to fit either the Alps Blue or DACT stepped attenuator.
no way youll fit an rk50 in there
I am happy with what Justin suggests the best for Aristaeus
I can go with either the Alps Blue Velvet or DACT volume attenuator , which are better?
Edited by kiertijai - 2/19/12 at 8:50pm
The DACT will offer better sonics over a blue velvet in ANY amp
- HeadAmp Aristaeus Electrostatic Amp - build thread
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- Pros:“Pros : Sound quality, comfort, build, modularity (parts), balance, naturalness, clarity, detail”“Balanced, refined, sturdy, classic design”
- Pros:“Mids! Mids! Bottom! Comfort!”“Clear sound, clean bass and treble , forward mid. Large sound stage”
- › Little Dot Tube Amps: Vacuum Tube Rolling Guide 35 seconds ago
- › INEARCUSTOM - Cheapest re-shell ever? 40 seconds ago
- › The diary entries of a little girl who is now 30! ~ Part 2 48 seconds ago
- › C&C BH Portable Headphone Amp (80 Hours from a Single Charge!)... 55 seconds ago
- › What Are You Listening To Right Now? -New thread, new rules. Please... 1 minute ago
- › [REVIEW] XBA-3 VS XBA-30 VS XBA-40 2 minutes ago
- › Any New developments~Re-DAC/AMP`s For TABLETS?? 2 minutes ago
- › Music Game IX 2 minutes ago
- › The IEM/Portable Headphones Deal Alerts Thread - READ THE FIRST POST! 2 minutes ago
- › 7th Annual ChiUniFi - June 22nd 3 minutes ago
- › Harmon Kardon Classic On-Ear Headphones by imagic
- › Creative Aurvana Live! Headphones by imagic
- › JBL J33 Premium In-Ear Headphones - Black by Aakash
- › Hisoundaudio Wooduo 2 by iern
- › Apple iPod classic 160 GB Silver (7th Generation) NEWEST MODEL by jensy
- › Sony MDR-V55/BR DJ style Headphones by dietcoke2am
- › Creative Sound Blaster Tactic 3D Sigma USB Gaming Headset by imagic
- › Sennheiser HD 700 Headphone by David Chavez
- › iBasso DX100 Reference DAP by Poetic
- › Razer Tiamat 7.1 by helmutssss
- › Syncing music and making playlists work with... by Currawong
- › Mac OS X Music Players - alternatives to iTunes by miceblue
- › STAX SR-007 (Omega II) ... A Review After 4... by Currawong
- › List of lossless and high-res music (FLAC,... by ffivaz
- › Beware of the following scams and people... by Currawong
- › Sennheiser 449 Mod Possibly 4 8 Mod by hernan604
- › 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Computer Audio) by joe
- › 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Portable... by joe
- › 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Desktop Audio) by joe
- › 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Headphone... by joe