First amp is up and running. I am working on various electrical/build quality improvements from the original version before I start working on the rest of them.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Headamp Pico Power Impressions Thread Last post on 5/16/13 at 12:45am in Portable Headphone Amps
- HeadAmp Audio Electronics now at HeadRoom Last post on 1/30/13 at 6:46pm in Sponsor Announcements and Deals
- HeadAmp Headphone Demos (Audeze, Fostex, HiFiMAN, Stax) -- sign up now Last post on Yesterday at 11:44 pm in Sponsor Announcements and Deals
- My Headphone Amp Design!!! Last post on 2/28/13 at 10:29am in DIY (Do-It-Yourself) Discussions
- HeadAmp appreciation thread Last post on 1/31/13 at 2:33pm in Members' Lounge (General Discussion)
Introduction The easiest way to explain the Sennheiser CX-150's is that they do what you can reasonably expect. You can't really expect much from a pair of sub-50 dollar IEM's, and frankly, I...
Who/what? I'd like to thank Rhapsodio for sending the 2v1 our way for a tour, along with the Shozy amp. Australia isn't exactly a hot electronics place First off - Rhapsodio is a young IEM...
The below review is a summary of a full comparison of the AD1000X to the AD900X and Sony MA900 found...
I used this amp mainly with a pair of HD 650 and it does what it is supposed to do: it has way more power than I need, it's quiet and it makes everything sound in its place. I have never heard...
I bought these headphones just for the fun of it, to see how they sound with all that apparently amazing bass. Well, for $50, they're ok sounding for extra bass headphones. They do have a...
HeadAmp Aristaeus Electrostatic Amp - build thread - Page 2
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- Pros:“Great sounding, comfortable, reasonable price”“Great sound, Looks like a piece of art, Great soundstage”
- Pros:“Pros : Sound quality, comfort, build, modularity (parts), balance, naturalness, clarity, detail”“Balanced, refined, sturdy, classic design”
I am working on various electrical/build quality improvements from the original version before I start working on the rest of them.
@Justin Thanks for the good news.
Heard that there is a lot of improvement from the original Aristaeus
Can't wait for my unit (the third?)
Aristaeus is alive, just going over improvements to wiring and grounding
Possible changes to grounding/filaments, working on testing that now
The points on each panel that allow the whole box to be grounded when screwed together were laser engraved instead of dremeled, which is more precise
Bottom of the box is also now polished instead of matte
Screws on all the panels are now countersunk
Same umbilical cable as BHSE
PSU transformer screw black instead of white
Bowl counterbores on the panels for LEDs
PSU front panel now laser engraved too
Flanges milled into front panels for improved chassis rigidity
Ventilation holes put into the rings around the base of the tubes
All rings now the same height
Tube installation pattern laser engraved into back panel, shows what the tubes are
"The aristeaus looks better on the scope than any electrostatic amp ive built"
This information brings a lot of smile on my face and it's worth the long waiting
Dear Justin, Thanks for the update and the beautiful Aristaeus that we will have
What is the difference between the Alps Blue Potentiometer vs Dact Attenuator?
The Alps Blue is a pretty budget pot. I would *definitely* look for something better in such a high end amp.
Would you suggest the Alps RK50? Are they still available? I have heard that they are out of stock because of high demand.
This is a very small amp, the Alps RK50 is too large. The amp was designed to fit either the Alps Blue or DACT stepped attenuator.
no way youll fit an rk50 in there
I am happy with what Justin suggests the best for Aristaeus
I can go with either the Alps Blue Velvet or DACT volume attenuator , which are better?
Edited by kiertijai - 2/19/12 at 8:50pm
The DACT will offer better sonics over a blue velvet in ANY amp
- HeadAmp Aristaeus Electrostatic Amp - build thread
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- › The DAP we want from iriver. 15 seconds ago
- › Pen-Fi (FPs, RBs, BPs, etc...) [56k Warning] 16 seconds ago
- › New Oppo BDP-103 & 105 previewed at Cedia 1 minute ago
- › Questions about cables for computer Hi-Fi system 1 minute ago
- › Fiio X5 thread 1 minute ago
- › The diary entries of a little girl who is now 30! ~ Part 2 2 minutes ago
- › HM-901 3 minutes ago
- › SRM-717 Re-Cap 4 minutes ago
- › Audio Confusion 4 minutes ago
- › **NEW** Shure SE846 - Preorder NOW - Available June 2013 - $999 USD 4 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser CX150 Ear-Canal Phones by BadMoose
- › Rhapsodio RDB+ 2v1 by svyr
- › Audio-technica AIR Dynamic Headphones Ath-ad1000x by a_recording
- › Schiit Valhalla by Rem0o
- › Sony MDR-XB500 40mm XB Diaphragm Driver Extra Bass Headphones by derbigpr
- › Colorfly Pocket Hi-fi C4 by yxmees
- › audio-technica Premium Compact Inner Ear Headphones ATH-CKN70 Black... by a_recording
- › AUDIO TECHNICA ATH PRO700 mk2 by TheGame21x
- › Monoprice 8320 IEM by Taharqa
- › Fanmusic MS-E1011 by ItsMeHere
- › Syncing music and making playlists work with... by Currawong
- › Mac OS X Music Players - alternatives to iTunes by miceblue
- › STAX SR-007 (Omega II) ... A Review After 4... by Currawong
- › List of lossless and high-res music (FLAC,... by ffivaz
- › Beware of the following scams and people... by Currawong
- › Sennheiser 449 Mod Possibly 4 8 Mod by hernan604
- › 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Computer Audio) by joe
- › 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Portable... by joe
- › 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Desktop Audio) by joe
- › 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Headphone... by joe