First amp is up and running. I am working on various electrical/build quality improvements from the original version before I start working on the rest of them.
Recent Images In This Thread
- brandHeadAmptagged by System, 1/16/12
Related Forum Threads
- Headamp to receiver? Last post on 12/14/13 at 11:19am in Headphones (full-size)
- Headamp Pico Unsampling DAC serial# 099 (Black) Last post on 12/8/13 at 12:22pm in Source Components For Sale / Trade
- New lower prices on STAX headphones / amplifiers, and Whiplash cables Last post on 3/18/14 at 2:11am in Sponsor Announcements and Deals
- Headamp Pico Power Impressions Thread Last post on 8/14/14 at 9:06pm in Portable Headphone Amps
- HeadAmp Audio Electronics now at HeadRoom Last post on 1/30/13 at 6:46pm in Sponsor Announcements and Deals
This is a good amplifier in my limited experience, *but*, it might not better than some of the leading solid-state competitors in this price range ($500-600). I haven't compared it too, for...
Wonderful headset. Very underrated because razer gets a lot of hate for being mainstream
The Awei Q9s are really bang for bucks! You can't go wrong with these! Unless you have tiny ears... Packaging: the packaging is standard. It brings the S/M/L tips and a shirt-clip. However, the...
I just got these in from Koss today and initial impressions are incredibly positive. These are Koss' second best headphone available that I have tried (DJ100, DJ200, PRO4AA, PRO4AAT, PRO4AAAT, and...
Comfort and build quality these would not look out of place at £600. Out of all the headphones I have tried these have the best overall sound which works with every type of music and overall sound...
HeadAmp Aristaeus Electrostatic Amp - build thread - Page 2
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
I am working on various electrical/build quality improvements from the original version before I start working on the rest of them.
@Justin Thanks for the good news.
Heard that there is a lot of improvement from the original Aristaeus
Can't wait for my unit (the third?)
Aristaeus is alive, just going over improvements to wiring and grounding
Possible changes to grounding/filaments, working on testing that now
The points on each panel that allow the whole box to be grounded when screwed together were laser engraved instead of dremeled, which is more precise
Bottom of the box is also now polished instead of matte
Screws on all the panels are now countersunk
Same umbilical cable as BHSE
PSU transformer screw black instead of white
Bowl counterbores on the panels for LEDs
PSU front panel now laser engraved too
Flanges milled into front panels for improved chassis rigidity
Ventilation holes put into the rings around the base of the tubes
All rings now the same height
Tube installation pattern laser engraved into back panel, shows what the tubes are
"The aristeaus looks better on the scope than any electrostatic amp ive built"
This information brings a lot of smile on my face and it's worth the long waiting
Dear Justin, Thanks for the update and the beautiful Aristaeus that we will have
What is the difference between the Alps Blue Potentiometer vs Dact Attenuator?
The Alps Blue is a pretty budget pot. I would *definitely* look for something better in such a high end amp.
Would you suggest the Alps RK50? Are they still available? I have heard that they are out of stock because of high demand.
This is a very small amp, the Alps RK50 is too large. The amp was designed to fit either the Alps Blue or DACT stepped attenuator.
no way youll fit an rk50 in there
I am happy with what Justin suggests the best for Aristaeus
I can go with either the Alps Blue Velvet or DACT volume attenuator , which are better?
Edited by kiertijai - 2/19/12 at 8:50pm
The DACT will offer better sonics over a blue velvet in ANY amp
- HeadAmp Aristaeus Electrostatic Amp - build thread
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- › HiFiman HE-500 (HE as in High End) Proving to be an enjoyable... 16 seconds ago
- › Bottlehead Amplifier Discussion / Comparison Thread: Crack, SEX &... 19 seconds ago
- › [REVIEW] Sony MH1 – The Best Kept Secret 2 minutes ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 2 minutes ago
- › Your favourite singers/vocalist 3 minutes ago
- › New from Garage1217, the solid-state Project Polaris! 3 minutes ago
- › The Entry Level Stax Thread 3 minutes ago
- › The Stax Thread III 3 minutes ago
- › Woo Audio Amp Owner Unite 4 minutes ago
- › New Release! The K7XX Massdrop First Edition - an exclusive from... 4 minutes ago
- › Lehmann Rhinelander by jdpark
- › RAZER Kraken Pro Circumaural Analog Gaming Headset - Black by kigisaru
- › AWEI ES-Q9 Super Bass Wooden Earphones Headphones Headsets Fiber... by Mellowship
- › Koss Pro4S Full Size Studio Headphones, Black with Silver Trim by Zombie_X
- › Shure SRH1540 Headphones by nicholars
- › Sony MDREX10LP/BLK In-Ear Headphones by originalgusbus
- › Shure Sound Isolating Earphone SE315 Hi-Definition Micro Speaker... by acain
- › Beyerdynamic DTX 102 iE In-Ear Headphones (Silver) by Zero Decibels
- › Hidizs AP100 Portable HiFi Audio Player in Black / Silver White by YoYo JoKeR
- › EarSonics SM3 Universal Fit IEM by heovuitinh
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)