First amp is up and running. I am working on various electrical/build quality improvements from the original version before I start working on the rest of them.
Recent Images In This Thread
- brandHeadAmptagged by System, 1/16/12
Related Forum Threads
- Headamp to receiver? Last post on 12/14/13 at 11:19am in Headphones (full-size)
- Headamp Pico Unsampling DAC serial# 099 (Black) Last post on 12/8/13 at 12:22pm in Source Components For Sale / Trade
- New lower prices on STAX headphones / amplifiers, and Whiplash cables Last post on 3/18/14 at 2:11am in Sponsor Announcements and Deals
- Headamp Pico Power Impressions Thread Last post on 1/17/15 at 6:24pm in Portable Headphone Amps
- HeadAmp Audio Electronics now at HeadRoom Last post on 1/30/13 at 6:46pm in Sponsor Announcements and Deals
In short words: The Fidue is on par with the Sony EX1000 (little less sound stage and depth, but better, more flat sound signature) Downside: Cable plugs to the earphone speakers was...
I am an audiophile and these cans really deliver! Spacious and open with a neutral but pacy kick. These phones are the business but deserve a headphone amp to really bounce! Nevertheless, you will...
HiFiMAN RE-300h Review with RE-400 comparisons and comments Disclaimer: The following review is my subjective assessment of the headphone. I am in no way affiliated with HiFiMAN nor am I...
Sorry for no actual review as i have just got into audio recently and this is my first pair or good headphones. But even i could tell there was alot of sub bass not loud but its definitely...
Ever since picking these IEMs up, they have been my go-to pair for almost every genre of music. They provide a great balance of neutrality paired with extremely forward and lush mids which do not...
HeadAmp Aristaeus Electrostatic Amp - build thread - Page 2
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
I am working on various electrical/build quality improvements from the original version before I start working on the rest of them.
@Justin Thanks for the good news.
Heard that there is a lot of improvement from the original Aristaeus
Can't wait for my unit (the third?)
Aristaeus is alive, just going over improvements to wiring and grounding
Possible changes to grounding/filaments, working on testing that now
The points on each panel that allow the whole box to be grounded when screwed together were laser engraved instead of dremeled, which is more precise
Bottom of the box is also now polished instead of matte
Screws on all the panels are now countersunk
Same umbilical cable as BHSE
PSU transformer screw black instead of white
Bowl counterbores on the panels for LEDs
PSU front panel now laser engraved too
Flanges milled into front panels for improved chassis rigidity
Ventilation holes put into the rings around the base of the tubes
All rings now the same height
Tube installation pattern laser engraved into back panel, shows what the tubes are
"The aristeaus looks better on the scope than any electrostatic amp ive built"
This information brings a lot of smile on my face and it's worth the long waiting
Dear Justin, Thanks for the update and the beautiful Aristaeus that we will have
What is the difference between the Alps Blue Potentiometer vs Dact Attenuator?
The Alps Blue is a pretty budget pot. I would *definitely* look for something better in such a high end amp.
Would you suggest the Alps RK50? Are they still available? I have heard that they are out of stock because of high demand.
This is a very small amp, the Alps RK50 is too large. The amp was designed to fit either the Alps Blue or DACT stepped attenuator.
no way youll fit an rk50 in there
I am happy with what Justin suggests the best for Aristaeus
I can go with either the Alps Blue Velvet or DACT volume attenuator , which are better?
Edited by kiertijai - 2/19/12 at 8:50pm
The DACT will offer better sonics over a blue velvet in ANY amp
- HeadAmp Aristaeus Electrostatic Amp - build thread
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- › Centrance upcoming product for Iphone 5 above and Ipod Touch 5 : Hi... 32 seconds ago
- › The Astell & Kern AK240 47 seconds ago
- › Post A Photograph Of Your Turntable 54 seconds ago
- › The All new FiiO X1, 192K/24B, PCM5142 DAC and 100mW output with LO... 1 minute ago
- › New high-end headphone amps: Vorzuge VorzAMPpure and VorzAMPduo... 1 minute ago
- › Sennheiser HD 600 Impressions Thread 1 minute ago
- › Dunu DN-2000 - Hybrid Impressions Thread (It's Here!) 3 minutes ago
- › Opening the AKG K701's help? 3 minutes ago
- › beyerdynamic T5p: Photos and first impressions. 4 minutes ago
- › Seattle Meet 12/06/14 Impressions 5 minutes ago
- › Fidue A83 Reference Class Triple Hybrid IEM by Airwin
- › Shure SRH1540 Headphones by Rogerlabarrie
- › HIFIMAN RE300h Earphone - Audiophile Earbud by conquerator2
- › Beyerdynamic DT 770 Pro-80 Closed Studio Headphones by Donnyboy98
- › Shure SE425 Earphone by cuiter23
- › HiFiMAN HE-560 by moodyrn
- › AKG K551 Closed-Back Reference Class Headset with Mic (Black/Silver) by GL1TCH3D
- › JVC HAM55X High Quality Xtreme-Xplosvs Headphones by Thoft208
- › Denon AH-MM400 Music Maniac Over-Ear Headphones by musikaladin
- › beyerdynamic DT 990 Pro Headphones by rigodeni
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3