Wich one would you recommend for mostly listening to music (all kind)..??
Related Forum Threads
- KNS 8400 / ATH M-50 / DT 770 / SRH840?? Last post on 6/19/12 at 2:19pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Which noise-isolating headphone ($150-200)? Last post on 5/17/14 at 11:40pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Headphones Newspaper Article (ATH-M50 vs. Beats Studio) Last post on 9/18/12 at 8:22pm in Headphones (full-size)
- New Sound Design Grad Student - Need good all purpose studio headphones Last post on 9/15/12 at 1:24pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Advice: Upgrading from ATH-M50 Last post on 9/7/12 at 11:05am in Headphones (full-size)
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
These are my first ever Grado's and I LOVE them, too bad I have to send them out to the next guy. I was always fascinated by Grado's ever since I saw Auggie's RS2's on Covert Affairs. I just...
The ud110 was recommended in a few different serious threads in the audio community, and I was intrigued to say the least, myself looking for more affordable options with out sacrificing too...
I feel obligated to share out-of-the-gate that I am no CIEM expert! As a matter of fact, I don't even particularly enjoy IEMs - I love over-ear or on-ear headphones. That said: Experiencing JH...
Like many others on this site, these phones are my stepping stone into the realm of "hi-fi"-headphones. These are indeed a good pair of phones for beginners and old-timers alike, because of their...
Audiofly has made the most comfortable IEMs that I've placed in my ears. They are probably the easiest to insert as well. I was ready to plunk down the cash and go the custom route, but these have...
KRK KNS 8400 vs Sure SRH840 vs Audio Technica M50s?????post #1 of 31/16/12 at 2:27pmThread Starter
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 31/16/12 at 2:40pmQuote:
All kinds? The KNS-8400, but it depends on if you need lots of bass or not. If you prefer a slight bass boost, then get the M50s and sacrifice some of the mids. Get the SRH-840 if you want to risk getting an uncomfortable headphone. I've found that I like the SRH-840 more than the M50, but only because it had more forward mids. The SRH-840 also seems to have more bass than the 8400, but I haven't compared them. The 8400 probably has better bass extension though. The SRH-840 is also warmer than the 8400 I believe. This is all based on memory though.
If comfort is a high priority, the 8400 has the others beat. People who love lots of bass should just avoid the 8400 though.
You can also look into the Koss Pro DJ 100. It has a fun sound signature and has more bass than the SRH-840, but less than the M50s. It does have some forward mids and I love it for female vocals. It does need an amp if you don't have a very good source. It's only $80 though and even works with M50 pads.post #3 of 31/16/12 at 2:43pmQuote:
All of them are decent headphone, but the M50 is no longer the great value it once was. I'd rule it out, because both the others can beat it at less of a price point and leave you some extra cash for an amp (if you want one).
- KRK KNS 8400 vs Sure SRH840 vs Audio Technica M50s?????
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › The new IEM of Vsonic VSD 3S ( impression updated by smailbz) 18 seconds ago
- › iDSD micro Crowd-Design. User Card - uploaded! (page 88) 2 minutes ago
- › Fiio X5 - Custom/Modded firmwares 3 minutes ago
- › Zero Audio - ZH-DX200 Carbo Tenore | ZH-DX210 Carbo Basso (Carbon &... 3 minutes ago
- › Grado e Series 5 minutes ago
- › OPEN BACK Headphones Distortion? 6 minutes ago
- › Grado Fan Club! 9 minutes ago
- › Comparison / Review : A tale of two Sennheisers – HD600 vs HD700 9 minutes ago
- › $999 Calyx M with DXD + DSD, 64GB + SD + µSD storage 9 minutes ago
- › HiFiman HE-500 (HE as in High End) Proving to be an enjoyable... 10 minutes ago
- › Grado Prestige Series SR60e Headphones by Nada190
- › Stoner Acoustics UD110 V2 by WhiskeyJacks
- › Jerry Harvey Audio Sirens Series Roxanne Custom IEM by mikemercer
- › Audio-Technica ATH-M50 Studio Monitor Headphones by Im2spec1al
- › AudioFly AF180 In-Ear Monitors by hardbop
- › HiFiMAN HE-560 by DVass13
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by jant71
- › HiFiMAN RE-600 by Matias
- › ROCK JAW ALFA GENUS by HK_sends
- › Wadia 121 Decoding Computer Digital to Analog Converter by Armaegis
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Wireless Headphones)