Wich one would you recommend for mostly listening to music (all kind)..??
Related Forum Threads
- KNS 8400 / ATH M-50 / DT 770 / SRH840?? Last post on 6/19/12 at 2:19pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Which noise-isolating headphone ($150-200)? Last post on 5/17/14 at 11:40pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Headphones Newspaper Article (ATH-M50 vs. Beats Studio) Last post on 9/18/12 at 8:22pm in Headphones (full-size)
- New Sound Design Grad Student - Need good all purpose studio headphones Last post on 9/15/12 at 1:24pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Advice: Upgrading from ATH-M50 Last post on 9/7/12 at 11:05am in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 2/13/17
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
just want to order one and will try the reviews once get it FBA seems be fast waiting
I have 50 hours active listening and another 150 passive/occasional on these. Equipment: Ragnarok, Gungnir, Sony CD 5 CD tray, Senn HD-600 set up for balanced Listen to Yes ('15 Remix,...
At the time this review was written the FLC 8S was listed for sale on Amazon and Musicteck’s website. Here are links for more information and purchase....
The review you are about to read is very personal and contains details some might find boring or unimportant. You have been warned. My personal search for a great headphone began with a love...
Want something a bit better sounding than your cell phone, with the ability to carry your whole lossless music collection? Enter, Sony Walkman NW-A35. This new release from Sony features five...
KRK KNS 8400 vs Sure SRH840 vs Audio Technica M50s?????post #1 of 31/16/12 at 2:27pmThread Starter
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 31/16/12 at 2:40pmQuote:
All kinds? The KNS-8400, but it depends on if you need lots of bass or not. If you prefer a slight bass boost, then get the M50s and sacrifice some of the mids. Get the SRH-840 if you want to risk getting an uncomfortable headphone. I've found that I like the SRH-840 more than the M50, but only because it had more forward mids. The SRH-840 also seems to have more bass than the 8400, but I haven't compared them. The 8400 probably has better bass extension though. The SRH-840 is also warmer than the 8400 I believe. This is all based on memory though.
If comfort is a high priority, the 8400 has the others beat. People who love lots of bass should just avoid the 8400 though.
You can also look into the Koss Pro DJ 100. It has a fun sound signature and has more bass than the SRH-840, but less than the M50s. It does have some forward mids and I love it for female vocals. It does need an amp if you don't have a very good source. It's only $80 though and even works with M50 pads.post #3 of 31/16/12 at 2:43pmQuote:
All of them are decent headphone, but the M50 is no longer the great value it once was. I'd rule it out, because both the others can beat it at less of a price point and leave you some extra cash for an amp (if you want one).
- KRK KNS 8400 vs Sure SRH840 vs Audio Technica M50s?????
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Headphone Impedance
- › Periodic Audio EIMs Mg, Ti, Be 1 minute ago
- › Noble Audio - the Wizard returns! 2 minutes ago
- › = HiFiMAN HE-560 Impressions & Discussion Thread = 2 minutes ago
- › NEW! SONY NW-A30 SERIES 3 minutes ago
- › Audeze iSINE 10 & iSINE 20: Audeze releases two new IEM planar... 4 minutes ago
- › The Fiio X5 Thread 5 minutes ago
- › MHDT Labs: R-2R NOS Tube DACs 6 minutes ago
- › TRINITY - PHANTOM Series - New thread + WORLDS FIRST PUSH PULL... 7 minutes ago
- › CanJam SoCal 2017 (April 8-9, 2017) 7 minutes ago
- › Denver Spring Meet 2017 - May 20th 8 minutes ago
- › Seahf Metal Housing In-Ear Earbuds Headphones Noise Cancelling... by Byran
- › Fostex TH500RP by bagwell359
- › FLC Technology FLC 8S by Hisoundfi
- › Meze 99 Classics by dany111777
- › SONY Walkman A series NW-A35 (R) (16GB) (Sina bar Red) by meringo
- › Custom Art Harmony 8.2 by Ike1985
- › AUNE M1S 32BIT/384KHZ DSD128 3.5MM/2.5MM BALANCED HIFI AUDIOPHILE... by Hypespazm
- › Fischer Audio Totem Paco by B9Scrambler
- › Sennheiser HD 598 Cs by peaches
- › Pioneer DJ HRM-6 Professional Studio Monitor Headphones by ILIRS CORNER
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear