Wich one would you recommend for mostly listening to music (all kind)..??
Related Forum Threads
- KNS 8400 / ATH M-50 / DT 770 / SRH840?? Last post on 6/19/12 at 2:19pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Which noise-isolating headphone ($150-200)? Last post on 5/17/14 at 11:40pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Headphones Newspaper Article (ATH-M50 vs. Beats Studio) Last post on 9/18/12 at 8:22pm in Headphones (full-size)
- New Sound Design Grad Student - Need good all purpose studio headphones Last post on 9/15/12 at 1:24pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Advice: Upgrading from ATH-M50 Last post on 9/7/12 at 11:05am in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 1/18/16
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
The E5 is so close to being a giant killer but it has a few major flaws in my opinion. This is a technically oriented review. I like neutral sound signatures and bit perfect playback. I don't...
"Massdrop Blue Box - NuForce HEM IEMs" special drop pricing = $169.99*; Actual MSRP = $399.00 (I joined the drop on Massdrop and received the HEM6; LINK. You can find these and the other...
Hi All, I was given the chance to review the new Shozy Zero Rosewood earphones in exchange for just a small fee to cover the shipping. I received, as I'm sure some other reviewers did, an...
-- I give you Lend Me UR Ears house brand Alpha & Delta D2 Sports Earphone: **A few Disclaimers to get out of the way here**: #1 – I was approached by Lend Me UR Ears to review the...
I really like the t-90; I have had them for about two months and really enjoy the brightness. I also have the T70p and the t-5p second gen. I like the t70p better than anything so far. The t 90...
KRK KNS 8400 vs Sure SRH840 vs Audio Technica M50s?????post #1 of 31/16/12 at 2:27pmThread Starter
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 31/16/12 at 2:40pmQuote:
All kinds? The KNS-8400, but it depends on if you need lots of bass or not. If you prefer a slight bass boost, then get the M50s and sacrifice some of the mids. Get the SRH-840 if you want to risk getting an uncomfortable headphone. I've found that I like the SRH-840 more than the M50, but only because it had more forward mids. The SRH-840 also seems to have more bass than the 8400, but I haven't compared them. The 8400 probably has better bass extension though. The SRH-840 is also warmer than the 8400 I believe. This is all based on memory though.
If comfort is a high priority, the 8400 has the others beat. People who love lots of bass should just avoid the 8400 though.
You can also look into the Koss Pro DJ 100. It has a fun sound signature and has more bass than the SRH-840, but less than the M50s. It does have some forward mids and I love it for female vocals. It does need an amp if you don't have a very good source. It's only $80 though and even works with M50 pads.post #3 of 31/16/12 at 2:43pmQuote:
All of them are decent headphone, but the M50 is no longer the great value it once was. I'd rule it out, because both the others can beat it at less of a price point and leave you some extra cash for an amp (if you want one).
- KRK KNS 8400 vs Sure SRH840 vs Audio Technica M50s?????
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Headphone Impedance
- › Fake Senheiser IE800? 23 seconds ago
- › DAC/amp. for Monoprice 5" Speakers (and 10" Subwoofer) and Shure... 45 seconds ago
- › Sennheiser IE800 IEM's 2 minutes ago
- › AUDEZE LCD-2 Rev. 2 Rosewood 3 minutes ago
- › Knowledge Zenith (KZ) impressions thread 3 minutes ago
- › Audeze LCD-2 Impressions Thread 4 minutes ago
- › Use of usb extenders over rj45 (non-lan version) to connect PCs and... 5 minutes ago
- › MrSpeakers ETHER C Review / Announcement - A New Closed-Back Planar... 6 minutes ago
- › iBasso DX80 . . impressions and reviews. . and discussion NEW ... 6 minutes ago
- › fiio e18 kunlun not connecting to google nexus 6p 6 minutes ago
- › Sound Blaster E5 - 24-bit/192kHz High-Resolution USB DAC &... by vapman
- › NuForce HEM6 Reference Class Hi-Res In-Ear Headphones with Triple... by Hi-Fi EDU
- › SHOZY Zero IEM by jant71
- › Alpha & Delta D2 by BloodyPenguin
- › Beyerdynamic T90 Premium Stereo Headphone by glennkresge
- › Unique Melody Miracle V2 Universal six driver in-ear monitor by Hisoundfi
- › 1MORE Triple Driver In-Ear Headphones with In-line Microphone and... by MMansell
- › Philips SHE3595WT/28 In-Ear Headset with Mic White by stweb
- › Venture Electronics (VE) Monk+/Monk Plus by ryanjsoo
- › Rhapsodio Galaxy by taz23
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse