Wich one would you recommend for mostly listening to music (all kind)..??
Related Forum Threads
- KNS 8400 / ATH M-50 / DT 770 / SRH840?? Last post on 6/19/12 at 2:19pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Which noise-isolating headphone ($150-200)? Last post on 5/17/14 at 11:40pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Headphones Newspaper Article (ATH-M50 vs. Beats Studio) Last post on 9/18/12 at 8:22pm in Headphones (full-size)
- New Sound Design Grad Student - Need good all purpose studio headphones Last post on 9/15/12 at 1:24pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Advice: Upgrading from ATH-M50 Last post on 9/7/12 at 11:05am in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 11/28/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2Last edited: 12/5/14
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
The Philps Fidelio X2 was purchased by me and I’m not in any way affiliated with Philips. Introduction: The Philips Fidelio X2 is Philips top of the line full size open headphones. I picked up...
Still burning-in, but I can already say they are by far the best sounding IEM's I've ever heard. Fantastically clear/clean through the mids and treble - tremendous detail resolution without things...
KRK KNS 8400 vs Sure SRH840 vs Audio Technica M50s?????post #1 of 31/16/12 at 2:27pmThread Starter
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 31/16/12 at 2:40pmQuote:
All kinds? The KNS-8400, but it depends on if you need lots of bass or not. If you prefer a slight bass boost, then get the M50s and sacrifice some of the mids. Get the SRH-840 if you want to risk getting an uncomfortable headphone. I've found that I like the SRH-840 more than the M50, but only because it had more forward mids. The SRH-840 also seems to have more bass than the 8400, but I haven't compared them. The 8400 probably has better bass extension though. The SRH-840 is also warmer than the 8400 I believe. This is all based on memory though.
If comfort is a high priority, the 8400 has the others beat. People who love lots of bass should just avoid the 8400 though.
You can also look into the Koss Pro DJ 100. It has a fun sound signature and has more bass than the SRH-840, but less than the M50s. It does have some forward mids and I love it for female vocals. It does need an amp if you don't have a very good source. It's only $80 though and even works with M50 pads.post #3 of 31/16/12 at 2:43pmQuote:
All of them are decent headphone, but the M50 is no longer the great value it once was. I'd rule it out, because both the others can beat it at less of a price point and leave you some extra cash for an amp (if you want one).
- KRK KNS 8400 vs Sure SRH840 vs Audio Technica M50s?????
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Focal SPIRIT PROFESSIONAL Impressions thread 2 seconds ago
- › Sony Xperia Z3 Audio Quality 17 seconds ago
- › New Audio-gd DAC-19 [10th Anniversary Edition] 35 seconds ago
- › SONY NWZ-A10 Series 56 seconds ago
- › Sonarworks Headphone Calibration software 1 minute ago
- › Thoughts on a bunch of DACs (and why delta-sigma kinda sucks, just... 2 minutes ago
- › Asus Xonar Essence One USB DAC and Headphone Amplifier 2 minutes ago
- › The Pono Player Impressions Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Future Sonics Spectrum Series: G10 3 minutes ago
- › NEW Portable Cayin Spark C5 DAC/Amp Released MAY 2015 3 minutes ago
- › Philips Fidelio X2 by peter123
- › Sennheiser IE800 by Lan647
- › Perfect Seal SportBud Silver by DreamKing
- › Sony MDR7506 Professional Large Diaphragm Headphone by RudeWolf
- › Grado Labs SR80e by Pokemonn
- › Aune B1 by money4me247
- › Hippo Biscuit by BruceBanner
- › MartinLogan Mikros 90 Reference On-Ear Headphones by remwang
- › SoundMAGIC E50 / E50S by mark2410
- › Cayin N6 PCM1792A chip DSD lossless music player by hakushondaimao
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2