I asked this question on another thread, but with no reply. :(
I'm going to NY with my family in Feb (I'm 15 and from the UK), so I figured I could buy a nice pair of headphones over there. Two problems though: what to to buy, and where to buy them.
My budget will be around $100 (give or take). I currently have Sennheiser HD201 headphones, and while I do enjoy them, there are certainly better options out there. I'm after:
- A portable headphone, that folds up and/or comes with a carrying case.
- Something a bit comfier than the 201s, which don't exactly excel in that department.
- Good noise isolation, as I cannot hear the sound of my 201s over the noise of a car engine. I would also like leakage to be minimal.
My source will be a Galaxy S2. My music is mostly 256kbps (iTunes Plus) and 320kbps AAC, with a few 256kbps and 320kbps MP3s and the odd 128/192kbps MP3. I predominantly listen to electro/house music, dubstep and rap, but I do listen to classic rock and indie rock from time to time. I kinda like how my HD201s sound (after a bit of EQing), so a similar sound signature would be nice.
So, based on my criteria, I would like to know:
- What headphones to get
- Where to get them from in NY
- And whether or not an amp is necessary to get the most out of my GS2.
Thanks guys, I look forward to your suggestions.